Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. First Time Poster!

First Time Poster!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
31 Posts 15 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Whythisplace W
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    W Whythisplace wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hey guys! First time poster here, but long time poster on theobr. I just figured I would google and see if there are any other Browns message boards and this was the first one to come up. There seems to be a lot of people on this board, I am wondering if this is a better place for browns discussion?

    BTW, it feels strange talking Browns on another message board...I feel like I just went to another planet, only to discover all the inhabitants are English speaking Humans lol.

    The GipperT 1 more season1 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • DawginIT D
      • 278 Posts
      • 22 Reputation
      D DawginIT wrote on last edited by
      #2

      This is the only board I've ever been on and there are some awful discussions. With that said, it's still a good time.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • PoeticG PoeticGP Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 4k Posts
        • 658 Reputation
        PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
        #3

        This place is very good. We're all Browns Fans... well at least we all say we are 😳

        I used to be on BC but the Refs on there are complete egomaniacs and jerkoffs. This place has a much more laid back atmosphere... as long as your not a homo/racecardholder/jew/christian/dirtbag/dumbshit/ahole/barfeater/windsucker/cumnuggler/dochebag/hornrider or Shopping Mall Santa Claus.

        The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. -Mark Twain- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain-
        sisky fringoS 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • W Whythisplace

          Hey guys! First time poster here, but long time poster on theobr. I just figured I would google and see if there are any other Browns message boards and this was the first one to come up. There seems to be a lot of people on this board, I am wondering if this is a better place for browns discussion?

          BTW, it feels strange talking Browns on another message board...I feel like I just went to another planet, only to discover all the inhabitants are English speaking Humans lol.

          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @whythisplace said:

          Hey guys! First time poster here, but long time poster on theobr. I just figured I would google and see if there are any other Browns message boards and this was the first one to come up. There seems to be a lot of people on this board, I am wondering if this is a better place for browns discussion?

          BTW, it feels strange talking Browns on another message board...I feel like I just went to another planet, only to discover all the inhabitants are English speaking Humans lol.

          Why would you have ever been anywhere else? Well, I guess I can't talk as even though I was a member of this board since its inception there was a long time that I wasn't on here.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • W Whythisplace

            Hey guys! First time poster here, but long time poster on theobr. I just figured I would google and see if there are any other Browns message boards and this was the first one to come up. There seems to be a lot of people on this board, I am wondering if this is a better place for browns discussion?

            BTW, it feels strange talking Browns on another message board...I feel like I just went to another planet, only to discover all the inhabitants are English speaking Humans lol.

            1 more season 1 more season1
            • 659 Posts
            • 30 Reputation
            1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @whythisplace said:

            Hey guys! First time poster here, but long time poster on theobr. I just figured I would google and see if there are any other Browns message boards and this was the first one to come up. There seems to be a lot of people on this board, I am wondering if this is a better place for browns discussion?

            BTW, it feels strange talking Browns on another message board...I feel like I just went to another planet, only to discover all the inhabitants are English speaking Humans lol.

            Get out now while you still can. "I keep trying to leave but they keep pulling me back in" There are some good posters here and some bad (gipper is a good one) like all forums. Some put on an act while some are just that bad and dumb. You'll find out for yourself but overall you should have a good time.

            Welcome!

            Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 9k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Welcome to the board.

              If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 5k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                It's a great place to be, but with all the losing, things can get testy. It's all good though, & someday we'll be talking about playoffs, not draft picks.

                Karlis Missed
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Represent R
                  • 523 Posts
                  • 24 Reputation
                  R Represent wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Negative nancys all round here.

                  But if you got some good topics post it.

                  In Cleveland failure is an artform.
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • dj_illness D
                    • 353 Posts
                    • 3 Reputation
                    D dj_illness wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Welcome!

                    Dawgsbynature.com is a good one too.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • TypicalBrowns TypicalBrownsT
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 98 Reputation
                      TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Guarantee you you wont find a more entertaining board anywhere else. This place borders on insane at times. Still a great place to talk football

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • PoeticGP PoeticG

                        This place is very good. We're all Browns Fans... well at least we all say we are 😳

                        I used to be on BC but the Refs on there are complete egomaniacs and jerkoffs. This place has a much more laid back atmosphere... as long as your not a homo/racecardholder/jew/christian/dirtbag/dumbshit/ahole/barfeater/windsucker/cumnuggler/dochebag/hornrider or Shopping Mall Santa Claus.

                        sisky fringo sisky fringoS
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 96 Reputation
                        sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
                        #11

                        @poeticg said:

                        This place is very good. We're all Browns Fans... well at least we all say we are 😳

                        I used to be on BC but the Refs on there are complete egomaniacs and jerkoffs. This place has a much more laid back atmosphere... as long as your not a homo/racecardholder/jew/christian/dirtbag/dumbshit/ahole/barfeater/windsucker/cumnuggler/dochebag/hornrider or Shopping Mall Santa Claus.

                        don't forget "soccer fag".

                        welcome to the best Browns Board on the net, whythisplace!

                        hope your skin is thick and you know what you're talking about...otherwise grab a helmet and buckle your chin strap. enjoy!

                        1 more season1 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • 1 more season 1 more season1
                          • 659 Posts
                          • 30 Reputation
                          1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I love soccer. Am I a fag?

                          Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
                          H P 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • sisky fringo sisky fringoS
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 96 Reputation
                            sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            i dunno, are you?

                            according to some, regardless of sexual orientation you just might be.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • 1 more season 1 more season1
                              • 659 Posts
                              • 30 Reputation
                              1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              OK just checking.

                              Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • 1 more season1 1 more season

                                I love soccer. Am I a fag?

                                Horse Balls H Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Dedicated Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 71 Posts
                                • 39 Reputation
                                H Horse Balls wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @1-more-season said:

                                I love soccer. Am I a fag?

                                Yes.

                                1 more season1 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • chargersfan C
                                  • 5 Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  C chargersfan wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Chargers fan here, but have always rooted for the browns against elway, the steelers, and most other teams (I can't call myself a closet Browns fan, but almost).

                                  for the record, i remember the brian sipe days (nicknamed the cardiac kids i think) and bernie kosar days. you also owned the original "marty ball" - so we've got connections!

                                  i'm not here to start any crap, i come from a tortured franchise, so who am i to talk any smack! speaking of QB's, try this one on: you have 2 consecutive pro bowl QB's (brees and rivers) and you still choke your way through every season/playoffs.

                                  anyways, here is my question, which is probably an incredibly boring/tired topic for some of you (advance apologies): I have always like the dawg pound (way better than the black hole - full of newly released inmates on probation), and am wondering if the actual browns fans would prefer a bulldog logo on the browns helmet? I have always thought it would be cool, but might not be welcomed by long-time fans.

                                  -Bolts

                                  BrownB499B The GipperT Bob806B 3 Replies Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • H Horse Balls

                                    @1-more-season said:

                                    I love soccer. Am I a fag?

                                    Yes.

                                    1 more season 1 more season1
                                    • 659 Posts
                                    • 30 Reputation
                                    1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @horse-balls said:

                                    Yes.

                                    Hillarious !! Horse balls......

                                    Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • C chargersfan

                                      Chargers fan here, but have always rooted for the browns against elway, the steelers, and most other teams (I can't call myself a closet Browns fan, but almost).

                                      for the record, i remember the brian sipe days (nicknamed the cardiac kids i think) and bernie kosar days. you also owned the original "marty ball" - so we've got connections!

                                      i'm not here to start any crap, i come from a tortured franchise, so who am i to talk any smack! speaking of QB's, try this one on: you have 2 consecutive pro bowl QB's (brees and rivers) and you still choke your way through every season/playoffs.

                                      anyways, here is my question, which is probably an incredibly boring/tired topic for some of you (advance apologies): I have always like the dawg pound (way better than the black hole - full of newly released inmates on probation), and am wondering if the actual browns fans would prefer a bulldog logo on the browns helmet? I have always thought it would be cool, but might not be welcomed by long-time fans.

                                      -Bolts

                                      BrownB499 BrownB499B
                                      • 571 Posts
                                      • 32 Reputation
                                      BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @chargersfan said:

                                      Chargers fan here, but have always rooted for the browns against elway, the steelers, and most other teams (I can't call myself a closet Browns fan, but almost).

                                      for the record, i remember the brian sipe days (nicknamed the cardiac kids i think) and bernie kosar days. you also owned the original "marty ball" - so we've got connections!

                                      i'm not here to start any crap, i come from a tortured franchise, so who am i to talk any smack! speaking of QB's, try this one on: you have 2 consecutive pro bowl QB's (brees and rivers) and you still choke your way through every season/playoffs.

                                      anyways, here is my question, which is probably an incredibly boring/tired topic for some of you (advance apologies): I have always like the dawg pound (way better than the black hole - full of newly released inmates on probation), and am wondering if the actual browns fans would prefer a bulldog logo on the browns helmet? I have always thought it would be cool, but might not be welcomed by long-time fans.

                                      -Bolts

                                      Is this what your talking about?

                                      post-653-0-07657900-1324430659_thumb.gif

                                      - Nuts

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • sisky fringoS sisky fringo

                                        @poeticg said:

                                        This place is very good. We're all Browns Fans... well at least we all say we are 😳

                                        I used to be on BC but the Refs on there are complete egomaniacs and jerkoffs. This place has a much more laid back atmosphere... as long as your not a homo/racecardholder/jew/christian/dirtbag/dumbshit/ahole/barfeater/windsucker/cumnuggler/dochebag/hornrider or Shopping Mall Santa Claus.

                                        don't forget "soccer fag".

                                        welcome to the best Browns Board on the net, whythisplace!

                                        hope your skin is thick and you know what you're talking about...otherwise grab a helmet and buckle your chin strap. enjoy!

                                        1 more season 1 more season1
                                        • 659 Posts
                                        • 30 Reputation
                                        1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @sisky-fringo said:

                                        don't forget "soccer fag".

                                        welcome to the best Browns Board on the net, whythisplace!

                                        hope your skin is thick and you know what you're talking about...otherwise grab a helmet and buckle your chin strap. enjoy!

                                        Lace up your boots and get your full kit on!

                                        Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • C chargersfan

                                          Chargers fan here, but have always rooted for the browns against elway, the steelers, and most other teams (I can't call myself a closet Browns fan, but almost).

                                          for the record, i remember the brian sipe days (nicknamed the cardiac kids i think) and bernie kosar days. you also owned the original "marty ball" - so we've got connections!

                                          i'm not here to start any crap, i come from a tortured franchise, so who am i to talk any smack! speaking of QB's, try this one on: you have 2 consecutive pro bowl QB's (brees and rivers) and you still choke your way through every season/playoffs.

                                          anyways, here is my question, which is probably an incredibly boring/tired topic for some of you (advance apologies): I have always like the dawg pound (way better than the black hole - full of newly released inmates on probation), and am wondering if the actual browns fans would prefer a bulldog logo on the browns helmet? I have always thought it would be cool, but might not be welcomed by long-time fans.

                                          -Bolts

                                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                          • 57k Posts
                                          • 4k Reputation
                                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @chargersfan said:

                                          Chargers fan here, but have always rooted for the browns against elway, the steelers, and most other teams (I can't call myself a closet Browns fan, but almost).

                                          for the record, i remember the brian sipe days (nicknamed the cardiac kids i think) and bernie kosar days. you also owned the original "marty ball" - so we've got connections!

                                          i'm not here to start any crap, i come from a tortured franchise, so who am i to talk any smack! speaking of QB's, try this one on: you have 2 consecutive pro bowl QB's (brees and rivers) and you still choke your way through every season/playoffs.

                                          anyways, here is my question, which is probably an incredibly boring/tired topic for some of you (advance apologies): I have always like the dawg pound (way better than the black hole - full of newly released inmates on probation), and am wondering if the actual browns fans would prefer a bulldog logo on the browns helmet? I have always thought it would be cool, but might not be welcomed by long-time fans.

                                          -Bolts

                                          No. The team's name is The Browns. Not the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs haven't played in Northeast Ohio in over 80 years.

                                          Some of us wish the whole Dawg Pound motif would be retired. That belonged to a particular era when the Browns had Dixon and Minnifield playing here. The only reason it stays on is because the fucking geniuses in the Browns and NFL marketing and public relations departments are too lazy and stupid to come up with something new.

                                          C 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate