Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Heckert Presser

Heckert Presser

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
35 Posts 16 Posters 1.7k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
    • 57k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Yesterday Tom Heckert did an interview in which he stated, essentially that three positions that he is likely to target with their top picks are.....ready for this: Cornerback, Defensive End, Offensive Tackle.

    Yep, no QB, no WR, no RB. He seemed to imply that those 3 positions above were the hardest to fill with talent, and that WR, RB, and QB talent can be more easily acquired in the later rounds.

    So here you go sports fans. You better pay more attention to these names:

    Maurice Claiborne CB LSU

    Dre Kirkpatrick CB Ala.

    Janoris Jenkins CB No. Ala.

    Chase Minniefield CB Virg.

    Matt Kalil OT USC

    Riley Rieff OT Iowa

    Jonathan Martin OT Stanford

    Quinton Couple DE N. Carolina

    Devon Still, DE/DT Penn St.

    Courtney Upshaw DE Alabama

    One or two of these could be on your Cleveland Browns next year.

    Also, he said do not discount the possibility of the Browns moving down again in the draft in order to pick up extra picks.

    runyon27R 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • DawginIT D
      • 278 Posts
      • 22 Reputation
      D DawginIT wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I mean he is sort of right about picking up playmakers in later rounds. Mike Wallace was a third round pick and DeSean Jackson a second rounder. I also don't know how you could be opposed to taking Morris Claiborne who would make a great tandem with Haden. We all know Tony Pashos is gone next year and it would be incredible to create a tackle tandem of Joe Thomas and Riley Reiff/Jonathon Martin.

      1 more season1 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • 1 more season 1 more season1
        • 659 Posts
        • 30 Reputation
        1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Uugggghhh!!! I really hope this just gamesmanship. Trying to hide their true intentions.

        I may go ghoulie if they trade down again.

        Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
        htownbrownH 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • D DawginIT

          I mean he is sort of right about picking up playmakers in later rounds. Mike Wallace was a third round pick and DeSean Jackson a second rounder. I also don't know how you could be opposed to taking Morris Claiborne who would make a great tandem with Haden. We all know Tony Pashos is gone next year and it would be incredible to create a tackle tandem of Joe Thomas and Riley Reiff/Jonathon Martin.

          1 more season 1 more season1
          • 659 Posts
          • 30 Reputation
          1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @dawginit said:

          I mean he is sort of right about picking up playmakers in later rounds. Mike Wallace was a third round pick and DeSean Jackson a second rounder. I also don't know how you could be opposed to taking Morris Claiborne who would make a great tandem with Haden. We all know Tony Pashos is gone next year and it would be incredible to create a tackle tandem of Joe Thomas and Riley Reiff/Jonathon Martin.

          The walking boot should be gone.

          Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • slowburn slowburnS
            • 2k Posts
            • 116 Reputation
            slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
            #5

            i'm gettin a fckuing stomach ache

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Another name the Browns may consider for the RT spot is Mike Adams of Ohio State either for our second pick in the first round or our second round pick.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • 1 more season1 1 more season

                Uugggghhh!!! I really hope this just gamesmanship. Trying to hide their true intentions.

                I may go ghoulie if they trade down again.

                htownbrown htownbrownH Reacting Well Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 2k Posts
                • 685 Reputation
                htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @1-more-season said:

                Uugggghhh!!! I really hope this just gamesmanship. Trying to hide their true intentions.

                I may go ghoulie if they trade down again.

                Of course its gamesmanship, you don't show your cards 5 months in advance.

                β€œIt is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.”
                1 more season1 1 Reply Last reply
                πŸ‘
                Quote Reply
                • htownbrownH htownbrown

                  @1-more-season said:

                  Uugggghhh!!! I really hope this just gamesmanship. Trying to hide their true intentions.

                  I may go ghoulie if they trade down again.

                  Of course its gamesmanship, you don't show your cards 5 months in advance.

                  1 more season 1 more season1
                  • 659 Posts
                  • 30 Reputation
                  1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @htownbrown said:

                  Of course its gamesmanship, you don't show your cards 5 months in advance.

                  True, but as much as I beleive H&H will make good decisions this still the browns and nothing would surprise me.

                  Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • WRREBEL WRREBELW
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 87 Reputation
                    WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Heckert is just a dumb j

                    1 more season1 2 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • cdl15 cdl15C Very Popular
                      • 2k Posts
                      • 112 Reputation
                      cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I listened to this interview on the radio. I tell ya what I'm excited!!! To finally listen to front office guy without all the hassles and controversies. He sounded confident I like that!

                      "We are Americans. We don't quit doing something because it's wrong. We just keep doing the wrong thing till it turns out right." Browns maybe the most American Football team ever.
                      htownbrownH 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • cdl15C cdl15

                        I listened to this interview on the radio. I tell ya what I'm excited!!! To finally listen to front office guy without all the hassles and controversies. He sounded confident I like that!

                        htownbrown htownbrownH Reacting Well Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 685 Reputation
                        htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @cdl15 said:

                        I listened to this interview on the radio. I tell ya what I'm excited!!! To finally listen to front office guy without all the hassles and controversies. He sounded confident I like that!

                        ??????????

                        β€œIt is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.”
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • WRREBELW WRREBEL

                          Heckert is just a dumb j

                          1 more season 1 more season1
                          • 659 Posts
                          • 30 Reputation
                          1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @wrrebel said:

                          Heckert is just a dumb j

                          I'm a J.

                          Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
                          WRREBELW 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • 1 more season1 1 more season

                            @wrrebel said:

                            Heckert is just a dumb j

                            I'm a J.

                            WRREBEL WRREBELW
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 87 Reputation
                            WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @1-more-season said:

                            I'm a J.

                            a jerk?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • slowburn slowburnS
                              • 2k Posts
                              • 116 Reputation
                              slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @king-ghoolie-lives said:

                              Fcucking idiot!

                              He needs to be fired.

                              I DO HOWEVER appreciate how everyone is enjoying and using the word fkucking which I created especially for my loved ones πŸ™‚

                              go fkuc yourself

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Nw220 N
                                • 1k Posts
                                • 27 Reputation
                                N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Problem is is Coples worthy of the 4th pick I would say no,Claiborne then id rather have Minnifeild at where we would take him...If they want to even give Colt the slightest chance they better get someone or better yet do us all a favor and get RG3,what I see happening is Browns trading there pick to ethier Washington or Miami....

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • PoeticG PoeticGP Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 658 Reputation
                                  PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Is there anywhere you can hear or see this interview online?

                                  The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. -Mark Twain- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain-
                                  B C 2 Replies Last reply
                                  πŸ‘
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • PoeticGP PoeticG

                                    Is there anywhere you can hear or see this interview online?

                                    bringbackbrownie2 B
                                    • 1k Posts
                                    • 118 Reputation
                                    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @poeticg said:

                                    Is there anywhere you can hear or see this interview online?

                                    Ya I have searched for this interview and have found nothing recent..

                                    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • slowburn slowburnS
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 116 Reputation
                                      slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Grinder said:

                                      jeff_reed_krtphotoslive340928-SPORT.jpg

                                      ghoolie is that you?

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • PoeticGP PoeticG

                                        Is there anywhere you can hear or see this interview online?

                                        CLEVELandMILIDH C
                                        • 2k Posts
                                        • 52 Reputation
                                        C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @poeticg said:

                                        Is there anywhere you can hear or see this interview online?

                                        Cleveland Browns daily on the official Browns website...Or go to ESPN 850 Cleveland look under podcast's, then Cleveland Browns daily

                                        1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU 3rd Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State4th Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma5th Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State6th Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • WRREBELW WRREBEL

                                          Heckert is just a dumb j

                                          1 more season 1 more season1
                                          • 659 Posts
                                          • 30 Reputation
                                          1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @wrrebel said:

                                          Heckert is just a dumb j

                                          ΧžΧ™ΧžΧ™ΧŸ

                                          Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
                                          The GipperT WRREBELW 2 Replies Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate