Vontaze Burfict
-
Burfict got a penalty for... trash talking? link
Let's face it, Harrison would be loved here if he wore the orange and brown. We got all sorts of people happy that the Browns were the ones to nearly twist Roethlisbergers ankle off and mess up their season. (it didn't bother me either,hehe)
Our younger fans may forget that Lewis was a flat-out THUG the first few years in the league. He stopped getting into trouble after nearly ending up in prison on a murder charge. Age tends to temper all but the most stupid among us, especially if you have a few million to lose.
Half the players on that Baltimore team are thugs. Watching the SD/BAL game the other day and the camera focused on a big muscled up/roid looking black dude/braids(don't remember his name) with faded out tats all over and the announcer says this so and so player just LOOKS like a Baltimore Raven. Made me laugh out loud.
I happen to think we could use a few players on defense that the opposition would fear. We have no Harrison, Polomalu, Ed Reed or Ray Lewis type players on this team. Guys that want to knock your fkucking head off. If these guys are thugs give me a few of them for our Browns team.
-
Burfict got a penalty for... trash talking? link
Let's face it, Harrison would be loved here if he wore the orange and brown. We got all sorts of people happy that the Browns were the ones to nearly twist Roethlisbergers ankle off and mess up their season. (it didn't bother me either,hehe)
Our younger fans may forget that Lewis was a flat-out THUG the first few years in the league. He stopped getting into trouble after nearly ending up in prison on a murder charge. Age tends to temper all but the most stupid among us, especially if you have a few million to lose.
Half the players on that Baltimore team are thugs. Watching the SD/BAL game the other day and the camera focused on a big muscled up/roid looking black dude/braids(don't remember his name) with faded out tats all over and the announcer says this so and so player just LOOKS like a Baltimore Raven. Made me laugh out loud.
I happen to think we could use a few players on defense that the opposition would fear. We have no Harrison, Polomalu, Ed Reed or Ray Lewis type players on this team. Guys that want to knock your fkucking head off. If these guys are thugs give me a few of them for our Browns team.
Burfict got a penalty for... trash talking? link
Let's face it, Harrison would be loved here if he wore the orange and brown. We got all sorts of people happy that the Browns were the ones to nearly twist Roethlisbergers ankle off and mess up their season. (it didn't bother me either,hehe)
Our younger fans may forget that Lewis was a flat-out THUG the first few years in the league. He stopped getting into trouble after nearly ending up in prison on a murder charge. Age tends to temper all but the most stupid among us, especially if you have a few million to lose.
Half the players on that Baltimore team are thugs. Watching the SD/BAL game the other day and the camera focused on a big muscled up/roid looking black dude/braids(don't remember his name) with faded out tats all over and the announcer says this so and so player just LOOKS like a Baltimore Raven. Made me laugh out loud.
I happen to think we could use a few players on defense that the opposition would fear. We have no Harrison, Polomalu, Ed Reed or Ray Lewis type players on this team. Guys that want to knock your fkucking head off. If these guys are thugs give me a few of them for our Browns team.
No. When you compare the Browns defense and their sack of Roethlisberger to Harrison's illegal decapitation of McCoy, you lose all credibility.. In the NFL of today, being a thug does not pay off - literally. And with the suspensions, there is no way I want a thug on the Browns defense. It's just no worth it..
-
There's a difference in being feared because you're a great player, and being feared because you're a cheapshotting asshole.
I'd take 11 Polamalu's. Not one Harrison.
Burfict is the latter. No thank you. It doesn't matter what he was flagged for, what I said stands true. He's got on and off the field issues, his coaches don't like him, and he only tries when he wants to. That's not a player you want when you're trying to build a foundation. Sure, the Steelers or the Patriots could take him, because they've got talent everywhere else. The Browns...not so much.
-
There's a difference in being feared because you're a great player, and being feared because you're a cheapshotting asshole.
I'd take 11 Polamalu's. Not one Harrison.
Burfict is the latter. No thank you. It doesn't matter what he was flagged for, what I said stands true. He's got on and off the field issues, his coaches don't like him, and he only tries when he wants to. That's not a player you want when you're trying to build a foundation. Sure, the Steelers or the Patriots could take him, because they've got talent everywhere else. The Browns...not so much.
There's a difference in being feared because you're a great player, and being feared because you're a cheapshotting asshole.
I'd take 11 Polamalu's. Not one Harrison.
Burfict is the latter. No thank you. It doesn't matter what he was flagged for, what I said stands true. He's got on and off the field issues, his coaches don't like him, and he only tries when he wants to. That's not a player you want when you're trying to build a foundation. Sure, the Steelers or the Patriots could take him, because they've got talent everywhere else. The Browns...not so much.
A. Bold faced lie
B. Are you seriously implying that Harrison isn't good? During the course of the season his low end tackle totals are around 60ish. His tackle totals on the high end are just over 100 we'll see. He'll get flagged for one or two of those so now he's a dirty player? Quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about it because all the detractors would take him on their respective teams in a heart beat. Saying you won't just shows you aren't interested in improving the Browns. You aren't interested in taking a player that outworks everyone in the weight room, that out works everyone period. He plays with a permanent chip and yea the guy does have a mean streak. However that streak comes with the territory. He's a damn LB in the NFL. He's payed to brain the wood. Put him in a Browns uni and you aren't in here crying about how he's "Dirty" You're singing his praises just like all the goons praised Phil Taylors low hit on Ben's ankle.
-
I would kick harrison off the roster of any team I was coach of - he's a cheapshot piece of garbage.
Without that notoriety - he is an average player who plays behind a big defensive line.
Pollyisfullofpoopoo was a cheapshot dirtbag in college, but he might be intelligent enough to
be coached to be a high character player by another team - although he's pretty stupid.
Hugely talented, sure. But Harrison is all big stupid mouth and dirtbag helmet to helmet rep.
Burfict is a mental case - as is harrison. Burfict is not going to be a Brown. The Raiders might tag him in the draft.
As much as the squeeler fo and coaches like cheapshot antics on the field, they might draft him as well.
But then again, perhaps one pile of manure making penalties, head injuries, and getting suspended is enough.
Did I mention that without harrison illegally spearing important players in the head and knocking them out of the game...
that the squeelers lost? Yep, It's true.
-
There's a difference in being feared because you're a great player, and being feared because you're a cheapshotting asshole.
I'd take 11 Polamalu's. Not one Harrison.
Burfict is the latter. No thank you. It doesn't matter what he was flagged for, what I said stands true. He's got on and off the field issues, his coaches don't like him, and he only tries when he wants to. That's not a player you want when you're trying to build a foundation. Sure, the Steelers or the Patriots could take him, because they've got talent everywhere else. The Browns...not so much.
A. Bold faced lie
B. Are you seriously implying that Harrison isn't good? During the course of the season his low end tackle totals are around 60ish. His tackle totals on the high end are just over 100 we'll see. He'll get flagged for one or two of those so now he's a dirty player? Quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about it because all the detractors would take him on their respective teams in a heart beat. Saying you won't just shows you aren't interested in improving the Browns. You aren't interested in taking a player that outworks everyone in the weight room, that out works everyone period. He plays with a permanent chip and yea the guy does have a mean streak. However that streak comes with the territory. He's a damn LB in the NFL. He's payed to brain the wood. Put him in a Browns uni and you aren't in here crying about how he's "Dirty" You're singing his praises just like all the goons praised Phil Taylors low hit on Ben's ankle.
Homotron said:
A. Bold faced lie
B. Are you seriously implying that Harrison isn't good? During the course of the season his low end tackle totals are around 60ish. His tackle totals on the high end are just over 100 we'll see. He'll get flagged for one or two of those so now he's a dirty player? Quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about it because all the detractors would take him on their respective teams in a heart beat. Saying you won't just shows you aren't interested in improving the Browns. You aren't interested in taking a player that outworks everyone in the weight room, that out works everyone period. He plays with a permanent chip and yea the guy does have a mean streak. However that streak comes with the territory. He's a damn LB in the NFL. He's payed to brain the wood. Put him in a Browns uni and you aren't in here crying about how he's "Dirty" You're singing his praises just like all the goons praised Phil Taylors low hit on Ben's ankle.
Wow you are crying about Taylor having a low hit on Ben's ankle? 3 Browns players tackled him at the same time. How the hell you single out Taylor for a normal legal tackle is beyond me. I'm sure there are plenty of Steeler boards for you to go pout on. Take a hike..
-
Loading yourself up with steroids isnt "out working everyone in the weight room". It's loading yourself up with steroids.
I wouldn't take him on the Browns because he doesn't make the Browns better. He belongs where he is, on a team that praises his thuggish antics and stupid penalties.
Fact is, we don't have the talent to make up for stupid penalties, and he leads the league in thuggish assholism. Even if we had the talent, I still wouldn't want him, there's a reason 31 other teams didn't want him.
-
Hello, cool site ... I registered just to comment on this thread.
This is exactly the type of player the Browns need to start changing the culture of this team and the identity of the defense.
Will the Browns draft him? probably not. Most likely Baltimore or Pittsburgh will get this guy and continue curb stomping us for another decade.
It makes me laugh that people complain about Harrison and calling players thugs.
It reminds me of a kid who got beat up and is complaining to his mommy about the bully.
This is football where physical assault is legal, do we want to be the predator or the prey?
James Harrison sends people to the hospital that's what defense is all about son.
This guy probably thinks taking Alex Mack over Clay Mathews was a smart move.
Anyhow, the Browns name is perfect for them.
They stink,they're soft and they disgust you.
Interesting fact.
In 95 the 49ers traded up with the Browns to draft WR JJ Stokes.
The Browns received 49ers 95 1st and 96 1st.
In 96 the Ravens used the 49ers pick to draft Ray Lewis.
Hopefully history will repeat itself, somewhat.
-
Hello, cool site ... I registered just to comment on this thread.
This is exactly the type of player the Browns need to start changing the culture of this team and the identity of the defense.
Will the Browns draft him? probably not. Most likely Baltimore or Pittsburgh will get this guy and continue curb stomping us for another decade.
It makes me laugh that people complain about Harrison and calling players thugs.
It reminds me of a kid who got beat up and is complaining to his mommy about the bully.
This is football where physical assault is legal, do we want to be the predator or the prey?
James Harrison sends people to the hospital that's what defense is all about son.
This guy probably thinks taking Alex Mack over Clay Mathews was a smart move.
Anyhow, the Browns name is perfect for them.
They stink,they're soft and they disgust you.
Interesting fact.
In 95 the 49ers traded up with the Browns to draft WR JJ Stokes.
The Browns received 49ers 95 1st and 96 1st.
In 96 the Ravens used the 49ers pick to draft Ray Lewis.
Hopefully history will repeat itself, somewhat.
Hello, cool site ... I registered just to comment on this thread.
This is exactly the type of player the Browns need to start changing the culture of this team and the identity of the defense.
Will the Browns draft him? probably not. Most likely Baltimore or Pittsburgh will get this guy and continue curb stomping us for another decade.
It makes me laugh that people complain about Harrison and calling players thugs.
It reminds me of a kid who got beat up and is complaining to his mommy about the bully.
This is football where physical assault is legal, do we want to be the predator or the prey?
James Harrison sends people to the hospital that's what defense is all about son.
This guy probably thinks taking Alex Mack over Clay Mathews was a smart move.
Anyhow, the Browns name is perfect for them.
They stink,they're soft and they disgust you.
Interesting fact.
In 95 the 49ers traded up with the Browns to draft WR JJ Stokes.
The Browns received 49ers 95 1st and 96 1st.
In 96 the Ravens used the 49ers pick to draft Ray Lewis.
Hopefully history will repeat itself, somewhat.
Amen!!!! this is exactly what we need. A little bad attitude. And please save your comments if Harrison was on this team, you all would love it.
-
Hello, cool site ... I registered just to comment on this thread.
This is exactly the type of player the Browns need to start changing the culture of this team and the identity of the defense.
Will the Browns draft him? probably not. Most likely Baltimore or Pittsburgh will get this guy and continue curb stomping us for another decade.
It makes me laugh that people complain about Harrison and calling players thugs.
It reminds me of a kid who got beat up and is complaining to his mommy about the bully.
This is football where physical assault is legal, do we want to be the predator or the prey?
James Harrison sends people to the hospital that's what defense is all about son.
This guy probably thinks taking Alex Mack over Clay Mathews was a smart move.
Anyhow, the Browns name is perfect for them.
They stink,they're soft and they disgust you.
Interesting fact.
In 95 the 49ers traded up with the Browns to draft WR JJ Stokes.
The Browns received 49ers 95 1st and 96 1st.
In 96 the Ravens used the 49ers pick to draft Ray Lewis.
Hopefully history will repeat itself, somewhat.
Amen!!!! this is exactly what we need. A little bad attitude. And please save your comments if Harrison was on this team, you all would love it.
Amen!!!! this is exactly what we need. A little bad attitude. And please save your comments if Harrison was on this team, you all would love it.
As I've said many times before, I would never hav James Harrison on my team. I think he's an ignorant asshole with no regards to the rules and I'd say it right to his face.
I want a defensive identity, I want players that want to hit and want to win games. I don't want a roided-up Retarded gorilla cheapshotting people because that's the only thing he can do.
So you can save your comment, because your opinion is shit.
-
Amen!!!! this is exactly what we need. A little bad attitude. And please save your comments if Harrison was on this team, you all would love it.
As I've said many times before, I would never hav James Harrison on my team. I think he's an ignorant asshole with no regards to the rules and I'd say it right to his face.
I want a defensive identity, I want players that want to hit and want to win games. I don't want a roided-up Retarded gorilla cheapshotting people because that's the only thing he can do.
So you can save your comment, because your opinion is shit.
As I've said many times before, I would never hav James Harrison on my team. I think he's an ignorant asshole with no regards to the rules and I'd say it right to his face.
I want a defensive identity, I want players that want to hit and want to win games. I don't want a roided-up Retarded gorilla cheapshotting people because that's the only thing he can do.
So you can save your comment, because your opinion is shit.
Wow, very adult like. Never said your comments was shit, just said you can save it. Funny no one else has piggy backed the same thing Harrison would not be loved here. But I respect your opinion, even if it doesn't match mine. Ok now I said the PC thing. You can Kiss My Bottom, cause opinions mean everything here....Nuff Said
-
I would only care if Burfict can play and tackle people and cover people. Our current LBs cannot. Any "thuggish" behavior he may have shown in college can/should be redirected into positive traits with proper coaching and instruction.
-
I would only care if Burfict can play and tackle people and cover people. Our current LBs cannot. Any "thuggish" behavior he may have shown in college can/should be redirected into positive traits with proper coaching and instruction.
I would only care if Burfict can play and tackle people and cover people. Our current LBs cannot. Any "thuggish" behavior he may have shown in college can/should be redirected into positive traits with proper coaching and instruction.
And your thinking that soggy tampon we call Shurmur is just the guy to straighten this kid out?
This is a kid that refused to go back into a game after he was benched for committing too many personal fouls...Now Harrison is a lot of things,but I don't think he would
ever quit on his team
But of course Shurmurs strong personality is going make this punk see the error of his ways
This is a kid that sucker punched a teammate in the locker room...Of course he never had a coach with the fortitude of Pat Shurmur
This kid isn't a badass...He's a dumb ass!
This is from an ASU forum...This kid can't leave town fast enough!
Burfict has been a cancer in the locker room, practice field and in games since he arrived. Erickson was used to those kind of kids at Mami but that didnt work out so well in Arizona. I have yet to hear one player come to his VB defense. He probably is more Jamarcus Russell than he is Pat Tillman. He will take the dough and then become doughboy and out of the league in two years.
---------------------------------------------
--- SunDevilFlash wrote:
I am a Burfict fan, but after this year's antics I think we are definitely better off if he moves on...I think he's been the cancer on the D this year...
---------------------------------------------
-
I would only care if Burfict can play and tackle people and cover people. Our current LBs cannot. Any "thuggish" behavior he may have shown in college can/should be redirected into positive traits with proper coaching and instruction.
And your thinking that soggy tampon we call Shurmur is just the guy to straighten this kid out?
This is a kid that refused to go back into a game after he was benched for committing too many personal fouls...Now Harrison is a lot of things,but I don't think he would
ever quit on his team
But of course Shurmurs strong personality is going make this punk see the error of his ways
This is a kid that sucker punched a teammate in the locker room...Of course he never had a coach with the fortitude of Pat Shurmur
This kid isn't a badass...He's a dumb ass!
This is from an ASU forum...This kid can't leave town fast enough!
Burfict has been a cancer in the locker room, practice field and in games since he arrived. Erickson was used to those kind of kids at Mami but that didnt work out so well in Arizona. I have yet to hear one player come to his VB defense. He probably is more Jamarcus Russell than he is Pat Tillman. He will take the dough and then become doughboy and out of the league in two years.
---------------------------------------------
--- SunDevilFlash wrote:
I am a Burfict fan, but after this year's antics I think we are definitely better off if he moves on...I think he's been the cancer on the D this year...
---------------------------------------------
And your thinking that soggy tampon we call Shurmur is just the guy to straighten this kid out?
This is a kid that refused to go back into a game after he was benched for committing too many personal fouls...Now Harrison is a lot of things,but I don't think he would
ever quit on his team
But of course Shurmurs strong personality is going make this punk see the error of his ways
This is a kid that sucker punched a teammate in the locker room...Of course he never had a coach with the fortitude of Pat Shurmur
This kid isn't a badass...He's a dumb ass!
This is from an ASU forum...This kid can't leave town fast enough!
http://Burfict has been a cancer in the locker room, practice field and in games since he arrived. Erickson was used to those kind of kids at Mami but that didnt work out so well in Arizona. I have yet to hear one player come to his VB defense. He probably is more Jamarcus Russell than he is Pat Tillman. He will take the dough and then become doughboy and out of the league in two years.
I don't know if Shurmur is the guy to straighten him out, but defensive coordinator Dick Jauron may be. I am not necessarily advocating selecting him....but I wouldn't allow that he was "nasty" be the reason to stand in the way. Other things that you mention may indeed be issues, but being a "badass" isn't an issue.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login