Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. The Baylor Browns?

The Baylor Browns?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
15 Posts 9 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
    • 57k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Perhaps the Browns should just stick with drafting Baylor Bears in the first round. Last year we got Phil Taylor.

    This year we could take RGIII with our first pick, then later in the first round pick up WR Kendell Wright.

    Would anyone have a big problem with that?

    1 more season1 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The GipperT The Gipper

      Perhaps the Browns should just stick with drafting Baylor Bears in the first round. Last year we got Phil Taylor.

      This year we could take RGIII with our first pick, then later in the first round pick up WR Kendell Wright.

      Would anyone have a big problem with that?

      1 more season 1 more season1
      • 659 Posts
      • 30 Reputation
      1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by 1 more season
      #2

      @the-gipper said:

      Perhaps the Browns should just stick with drafting Baylor Bears in the first round. Last year we got Phil Taylor.

      This year we could take RGIII with our first pick, then later in the first round pick up WR Kendell Wright.

      Would anyone have a big problem with that?

      No problem here. I just don't trust Luck. He's good but there have been better. Even good #1 QBs are only 50% success stories.

      Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Nw220 N
        • 1k Posts
        • 27 Reputation
        N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        The problem with luck is he will get to much attention which equals to much pressure ecspically if the browns trade three #1s for him

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • 1 more season1 1 more season

          @the-gipper said:

          Perhaps the Browns should just stick with drafting Baylor Bears in the first round. Last year we got Phil Taylor.

          This year we could take RGIII with our first pick, then later in the first round pick up WR Kendell Wright.

          Would anyone have a big problem with that?

          No problem here. I just don't trust Luck. He's good but there have been better. Even good #1 QBs are only 50% success stories.

          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @1-more-season said:

          No problem here. I just don't trust Luck. He's good but there have been better. Even good #1 QBs are only 50% success stories.

          Why bring up Luck? The Browns are not getting him, so why bother talking about him.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • 1 more season 1 more season1
            • 659 Posts
            • 30 Reputation
            1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I'm just saying that I have no interest in Luck and I don't think the Brown do or should either therefore your ideas sound more appealing then worrying or talking about Luck like other post and threads.

            Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • 585Dawg 5
              • 117 Posts
              • 1 Reputation
              5 585Dawg wrote on last edited by 585Dawg
              #6

              I'm kinda getting on the RGIII train... I like Colt a lot, but I'm still extremely skeptical he's our guy. I just really think RGIII will bring something to this team that we have not had since our return.. excitement on offense!! (besides the 07' campaign)

              Also, I think he will definitely come out in the draft this year now that barkley is staying put...

              Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • 5 585Dawg

                I'm kinda getting on the RGIII train... I like Colt a lot, but I'm still extremely skeptical he's our guy. I just really think RGIII will bring something to this team that we have not had since our return.. excitement on offense!! (besides the 07' campaign)

                Also, I think he will definitely come out in the draft this year now that barkley is staying put...

                Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                • 3k Posts
                • 241 Reputation
                Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @585dawg said:

                I'm kinda getting on the RGIII train... I like Colt a lot, but I'm still extremely skeptical he's our guy. I just really think RGIII will bring something to this team that we have not had since our return.. excitement on offense!! (besides the 07' campaign)

                Also, I think he will definitely come out in the draft this year now that barkley is staying put...

                Barkley staying put just about guarantees him as a top 5 pick and the fact that he is a black/athlete QB means that the Colt's won't even look at him if they don't like Luck. Plus Ram's won't be looking at him and Ponder has done good enough that they won't look at any QB but Luck (plus the fact that they have Webb as a backup athlete QB makes me feel like they really won't go after RGIII).

                Ruining threads since 1897.
                The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                  @585dawg said:

                  I'm kinda getting on the RGIII train... I like Colt a lot, but I'm still extremely skeptical he's our guy. I just really think RGIII will bring something to this team that we have not had since our return.. excitement on offense!! (besides the 07' campaign)

                  Also, I think he will definitely come out in the draft this year now that barkley is staying put...

                  Barkley staying put just about guarantees him as a top 5 pick and the fact that he is a black/athlete QB means that the Colt's won't even look at him if they don't like Luck. Plus Ram's won't be looking at him and Ponder has done good enough that they won't look at any QB but Luck (plus the fact that they have Webb as a backup athlete QB makes me feel like they really won't go after RGIII).

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @harry-buffalo said:

                  Barkley staying put just about guarantees him as a top 5 pick and the fact that he is a black/athlete QB means that the Colt's won't even look at him if they don't like Luck. Plus Ram's won't be looking at him and Ponder has done good enough that they won't look at any QB but Luck (plus the fact that they have Webb as a backup athlete QB makes me feel like they really won't go after RGIII).

                  Yes, with the Colts still in line to pick Luck (unless they win another game...even though they, the Rams and the Vikes all have 2 wins the Colts still have top choice) it is unlikely the Vikes and Rams pick up RGIII. I also think the Jags will also not look at him since they just took a QB with their first round pick last year. So, possibly the Browns will be in line to take RGIII if they want him.

                  Of course, if they win another game their draft slot could go down.

                  Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • The GipperT The Gipper

                    @harry-buffalo said:

                    Barkley staying put just about guarantees him as a top 5 pick and the fact that he is a black/athlete QB means that the Colt's won't even look at him if they don't like Luck. Plus Ram's won't be looking at him and Ponder has done good enough that they won't look at any QB but Luck (plus the fact that they have Webb as a backup athlete QB makes me feel like they really won't go after RGIII).

                    Yes, with the Colts still in line to pick Luck (unless they win another game...even though they, the Rams and the Vikes all have 2 wins the Colts still have top choice) it is unlikely the Vikes and Rams pick up RGIII. I also think the Jags will also not look at him since they just took a QB with their first round pick last year. So, possibly the Browns will be in line to take RGIII if they want him.

                    Of course, if they win another game their draft slot could go down.

                    Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                    • 3k Posts
                    • 241 Reputation
                    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @the-gipper said:

                    Yes, with the Colts still in line to pick Luck (unless they win another game...even though they, the Rams and the Vikes all have 2 wins the Colts still have top choice) it is unlikely the Vikes and Rams pick up RGIII. I also think the Jags will also not look at him since they just took a QB with their first round pick last year. So, possibly the Browns will be in line to take RGIII if they want him.

                    Of course, if they win another game their draft slot could go down.

                    I agree. You just can't use your 10th overall pick on a QB and then turn right around the next year and draft another QB in the first round. Everyone is saying that because they passed on Rapeburger back in the day that they will learn their mistake and make the RGIII pick instead, which is they won't do.

                    Ruining threads since 1897.
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • tampadawgs tampadawgsT
                      • 891 Posts
                      • 80 Reputation
                      tampadawgsT tampadawgs wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      RG3 would do alot for this Browns team that has suced forever

                      1. New Fresh bad boy QB that would be face of the Browns

                      2. There would be interst in the Browns outside of Cleveland

                      3. I think we might a highlight or 2 on ESPN

                      4. Jersey sales would go thru the roof

                      5. First big name the Browns draft in over 5 yrs

                      Baylor Browns LOVE IT..I think we should even put green on the helmet, just so those guys feel more at home..🙂

                      hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Nw220 N
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 27 Reputation
                        N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Lol while im not going as far as putting green on are helmets I will say the Browns should take RG3 and I wouldnt be pissed if they took Wright as well

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • tampadawgsT tampadawgs

                          RG3 would do alot for this Browns team that has suced forever

                          1. New Fresh bad boy QB that would be face of the Browns

                          2. There would be interst in the Browns outside of Cleveland

                          3. I think we might a highlight or 2 on ESPN

                          4. Jersey sales would go thru the roof

                          5. First big name the Browns draft in over 5 yrs

                          Baylor Browns LOVE IT..I think we should even put green on the helmet, just so those guys feel more at home..🙂

                          hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 20k Posts
                          • 5k Reputation
                          hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @tampadawgs said:

                          RG3 would do alot for this Browns team that has suced forever

                          1. New Fresh bad boy QB that would be face of the Browns

                          2. There would be interest in the Browns outside of Cleveland

                          3. I think we might a highlight or 2 on ESPN

                          4. Jersey sales would go thru the roof

                          5. First big name the Browns draft in over 5 yrs

                          Baylor Browns LOVE IT..I think we should even put green on the helmet, just so those guys feel more at home..🙂

                          WARNING- DON'T EVER FALL IN LOVE WITH A PARTICULAR PLAYER, ESPECIALLY THIS EARLY. Ask yourself- if he's Michael Vick II, how many Super Bowls has Vick won?

                          1) You sure about that? Or do you want me to give you a list of major Heisman qb busts, starting with Gino Toretta?

                          2) Like I care?

                          3) Tebow get lots of highlights, he's not going to win a SB this year.

                          4) So did Tim Couch's.

                          5) Remember Brady Quinn? ESPN almost creamed themselves when we made that trade.

                          Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • DawginIT D
                            • 278 Posts
                            • 22 Reputation
                            D DawginIT wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I think if the Browns take RGIII that they almost HAVE TO take Kendall Wright. It's obvious that the Browns lack speed and a deep threat at receiver. Why not pick him up? He would add that play-maker we need and should have an immediate impact due to his experience with RGIII. Also, that would help RGIII become more comfortable as well. It's a win win in my book.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • hoortaH hoorta

                              @tampadawgs said:

                              RG3 would do alot for this Browns team that has suced forever

                              1. New Fresh bad boy QB that would be face of the Browns

                              2. There would be interest in the Browns outside of Cleveland

                              3. I think we might a highlight or 2 on ESPN

                              4. Jersey sales would go thru the roof

                              5. First big name the Browns draft in over 5 yrs

                              Baylor Browns LOVE IT..I think we should even put green on the helmet, just so those guys feel more at home..🙂

                              WARNING- DON'T EVER FALL IN LOVE WITH A PARTICULAR PLAYER, ESPECIALLY THIS EARLY. Ask yourself- if he's Michael Vick II, how many Super Bowls has Vick won?

                              1) You sure about that? Or do you want me to give you a list of major Heisman qb busts, starting with Gino Toretta?

                              2) Like I care?

                              3) Tebow get lots of highlights, he's not going to win a SB this year.

                              4) So did Tim Couch's.

                              5) Remember Brady Quinn? ESPN almost creamed themselves when we made that trade.

                              Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                              • 3k Posts
                              • 241 Reputation
                              Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @hoorta said:

                              WARNING- DON'T EVER FALL IN LOVE WITH A PARTICULAR PLAYER, ESPECIALLY THIS EARLY. Ask yourself- if he's Michael Vick II, how many Super Bowls has Vick won?

                              1) You sure about that? Or do you want me to give you a list of major Heisman qb busts, starting with Gino Toretta?

                              2) Like I care?

                              3) Tebow get lots of highlights, he's not going to win a SB this year.

                              4) So did Tim Couch's.

                              5) Remember Brady Quinn? ESPN almost creamed themselves when we made that trade.

                              I wouldn't compare him to Vick. He is similar is speed, agility, and throwing power, but RGIII's accuracy is way better than Vicks, even on the long ball. You are just looking at skin color. RGIII compares better to Rothlisburger only RGIII is faster and more agile... plus minus the whole rape thing. RGIII also throws on the run alot better as well. Plus it never hurts to have a guy who could have qualified to go to the Olympics in the 100m hurdles if he had tried out.

                              Ruining threads since 1897.
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Sheepdog S
                                • 292 Posts
                                • 7 Reputation
                                S Sheepdog wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Has RGIII even declared for or said he was going to declare for the draft? I imagine he wait until after Baylor's bowl game before announcing his decision.

                                Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle in your bones or forsee a fight. -The Havamal (Book of Viking Wisdom)
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                Register Login
                                Reply
                                • Reply as topic
                                Log in to reply
                                • Oldest to Newest
                                • Newest to Oldest
                                • Most Votes


                                Theme
                                • System
                                • Light
                                • Dark
                                The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                0
                                • Forums
                                • Recent
                                • Popular
                                • Users
                                • Donate