Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Browns Fans

Browns Fans

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
26 Posts 10 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • PoeticG PoeticGP Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 4k Posts
    • 658 Reputation
    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #1

    You know, there has been a lot to complain about. There's maybe even be sufficient cause to "whine" now and again, and again and again(sorry),(it's true) but I find some inner piece with knowing that we're all in this together.

    I love ya Browns Fans, I really do. - It's easy to see why the players here in Cleveland(like Cribbs) really love you. I wish I could have made it to the gridiron and donned the Orange and Brown. I would have taken us all the way- I swear I would have- with all my heart and soul, lest I would die first on that field.

    I want that championship for you that much. I want it for Otto Graham. I want it for Paul Brown AND The Dawg Pound. I want it for the guys who came before- Kosar, Sipe and Dawson. I want it for the Dads in the stands with their kids... in a blizzard. I want it for all those who refuse to recognize the Cleveland Browns for who and what they are.

    You know, It hurts to see that a day has come when the magnificent things that Cleveland HAS DONE in the past, is forgotten or is seen in apathy. What Otto and Paul Brown did upon coming into the NFL was Legendary. It would rival anything in modern sports. It would beat out what the Patriots did after 9/11. It's sickens me to know that because it was a long, long time ago("in Neverland- before Superbowls") that they aren't more recognized for what they are. Instead they are more referred to as "Clowns".

    I think I might have been the back you needed "once". Small, light, shifty and very quick. I burned State Champs in the first 50 meters of every 100 meter race. I moved like the matrix and I'm not exaggerating. I'm white and 5'6 1/2 but I jumped 22 feet(even) in the long jump and I had close to a 36 inch vertical. Are there any rocket scientists out there that can calculate my speed? Well, I guess probably not since I really didn't run full speed in the long jump? I wasn't the best in math.

    I'm 29 now and I feel like I let you down. I was never given the chance but I wish I would have taken it. I want it so bad... to raise that ball after the final seconds tick off the Superbowl, praise The Good Lord first and then thank every Browns Fan distant and foremost, for holding on to a dream and never letting it go, no matter how distant. Just to latch to that star and believe with all your heart... because dreams become true when you never give up. -Poe

    The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. -Mark Twain- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain-
    hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Jibz JibzJ
      • 236 Posts
      • 17 Reputation
      JibzJ Jibz wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Great read! Wish you could have realized your dreams!

      Jibz Actions4photographers.com I will bleed Orange & Brown till my last breath!
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • PoeticGP PoeticG

        You know, there has been a lot to complain about. There's maybe even be sufficient cause to "whine" now and again, and again and again(sorry),(it's true) but I find some inner piece with knowing that we're all in this together.

        I love ya Browns Fans, I really do. - It's easy to see why the players here in Cleveland(like Cribbs) really love you. I wish I could have made it to the gridiron and donned the Orange and Brown. I would have taken us all the way- I swear I would have- with all my heart and soul, lest I would die first on that field.

        I want that championship for you that much. I want it for Otto Graham. I want it for Paul Brown AND The Dawg Pound. I want it for the guys who came before- Kosar, Sipe and Dawson. I want it for the Dads in the stands with their kids... in a blizzard. I want it for all those who refuse to recognize the Cleveland Browns for who and what they are.

        You know, It hurts to see that a day has come when the magnificent things that Cleveland HAS DONE in the past, is forgotten or is seen in apathy. What Otto and Paul Brown did upon coming into the NFL was Legendary. It would rival anything in modern sports. It would beat out what the Patriots did after 9/11. It's sickens me to know that because it was a long, long time ago("in Neverland- before Superbowls") that they aren't more recognized for what they are. Instead they are more referred to as "Clowns".

        I think I might have been the back you needed "once". Small, light, shifty and very quick. I burned State Champs in the first 50 meters of every 100 meter race. I moved like the matrix and I'm not exaggerating. I'm white and 5'6 1/2 but I jumped 22 feet(even) in the long jump and I had close to a 36 inch vertical. Are there any rocket scientists out there that can calculate my speed? Well, I guess probably not since I really didn't run full speed in the long jump? I wasn't the best in math.

        I'm 29 now and I feel like I let you down. I was never given the chance but I wish I would have taken it. I want it so bad... to raise that ball after the final seconds tick off the Superbowl, praise The Good Lord first and then thank every Browns Fan distant and foremost, for holding on to a dream and never letting it go, no matter how distant. Just to latch to that star and believe with all your heart... because dreams become true when you never give up. -Poe

        hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 20k Posts
        • 5k Reputation
        hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @poeticg said:

        You know, there has been a lot to complain about. There's maybe even be sufficient cause to "whine" now and again, and again and again(sorry),(it's true) but I find some inner piece with knowing that we're all in this together.

        I love ya Browns Fans, I really do. - It's easy to see why the players here in Cleveland(like Cribbs) really love you. I wish I could have made it to the gridiron and donned the Orange and Brown. I would have taken us all the way- I swear I would have- with all my heart and soul, lest I would die first on that field.

        I want that championship for you that much. I want it for Otto Graham. I want it for Paul Brown AND The Dawg Pound. I want it for the guys who came before- Kosar, Sipe and Dawson. I want it for the Dads in the stands with their kids... in a blizzard. I want it for all those who refuse to recognize the Cleveland Browns for who and what they are.

        You know, It hurts to see that a day has come when the magnificent things that Cleveland HAS DONE in the past, is forgotten or is seen in apathy. What Otto and Paul Brown did upon coming into the NFL was Legendary. It would rival anything in modern sports. It would beat out what the Patriots did after 9/11. It's sickens me to know that because it was a long, long time ago("in Neverland- before Superbowls") that they aren't more recognized for what they are. Instead they are more referred to as "Clowns".

        I think I might have been the back you needed "once". Small, light, shifty and very quick. I burned State Champs in the first 50 meters of every 100 meter race. I moved like the matrix and I'm not exaggerating. I'm white and 5'6 1/2 but I jumped 22 feet(even) in the long jump and I had close to a 36 inch vertical. Are there any rocket scientists out there that can calculate my speed? Well, I guess probably not since I really didn't run full speed in the long jump? I wasn't the best in math.

        I'm 29 now and I feel like I let you down. I was never given the chance but I wish I would have taken it. I want it so bad... to raise that ball after the final seconds tick off the Superbowl, praise The Good Lord first and then thank every Browns Fan distant and foremost, for holding on to a dream and never letting it go, no matter how distant. Just to latch to that star and believe with all your heart... because dreams become true when you never give up. -Poe

        Problem is, that glorious history is rapidly fading into the past. You'd have to be well over 50 to remember the '64 Championship, and at least 35 to remember the Kosar years when the Browns were consistently good.

        Even when the Browns win their first Super bowl (and they will, eventually)the Steeler trolls will try and stuff it in our face "we've won more". So let's see when the NFL renames it "the World Bowl" the Pittsburgh fags are back to square one.

        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • PPE6.6 P
          • 64 Posts
          • 4 Reputation
          P PPE6.6 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Well if you didnt have a very good season your first year because you were new and not used to anything, and you had not talent surrounding you people would probably want to hang you after a few games.

          Tim Couch Pulls OutT Kosar_For_PresidentK 2 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • P PPE6.6

            Well if you didnt have a very good season your first year because you were new and not used to anything, and you had not talent surrounding you people would probably want to hang you after a few games.

            Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 8k Posts
            • 1k Reputation
            Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @ppe6.6 said:

            Well if you didnt have a very good season your first year because you were new and not used to anything, and you had not talent surrounding you people would probably want to hang you after a few games.

            Go suck a dick, Shurmur/Colt apologist. They both suck, move on.

            I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • P PPE6.6

              Well if you didnt have a very good season your first year because you were new and not used to anything, and you had not talent surrounding you people would probably want to hang you after a few games.

              Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
              • 6k Posts
              • 221 Reputation
              Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @ppe6.6 said:

              Well if you didnt have a very good season your first year because you were new and not used to anything, and you had not talent surrounding you people would probably want to hang you after a few games.

              Good Season? This is play calling 101. Not a fooking bad season. This is the fooking NFL, if he hasn't learned clock management by now (there are been multiple instances of this and horrible play calling, at least 50 instances that cost us 2 games). After a few games, lol. Pull your head out of your ass, asshole.

              Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • PPE6.6 P
                • 64 Posts
                • 4 Reputation
                P PPE6.6 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Haha why dont you 2 internet tough guys chew my bag?

                Tim Couch Pulls OutT Kosar_For_PresidentK 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • P PPE6.6

                  Haha why dont you 2 internet tough guys chew my bag?

                  Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 8k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @ppe6.6 said:

                  Haha why dont you 2 internet tough guys chew my bag?

                  No thanks.

                  Why don't you contribute something useful instead of sucking Colt's prick?

                  I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • P PPE6.6

                    Haha why dont you 2 internet tough guys chew my bag?

                    Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                    • 6k Posts
                    • 221 Reputation
                    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @ppe6.6 said:

                    Haha why dont you 2 internet tough guys chew my bag?

                    We'll leave that to your boy friend. Let me know when you want to contribute something of substance.

                    Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • PPE6.6 P
                      • 64 Posts
                      • 4 Reputation
                      P PPE6.6 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Me contribute something useful? I never once said Colts for sure the man, id just like to see him with a TINY bit of talent on offense, and play for one coach and style of offense for a few years is all? I guess that's not contributing anything useful to the typical "fan" who wants someone new every single year because it always works out so well....moron

                      Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • P PPE6.6

                        Me contribute something useful? I never once said Colts for sure the man, id just like to see him with a TINY bit of talent on offense, and play for one coach and style of offense for a few years is all? I guess that's not contributing anything useful to the typical "fan" who wants someone new every single year because it always works out so well....moron

                        Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 8k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @ppe6.6 said:

                        Me contribute something useful? I never once said Colts for sure the man, id just like to see him with a TINY bit of talent on offense, and play for one coach and style of offense for a few years is all? I guess that's not contributing anything useful to the typical "fan" who wants someone new every single year because it always works out so well....moron

                        I've never endorsed the revolving door at any position, coach included. Do your research and don't assume, dickbreath.

                        But Shurmur is awful, and Seneca is proving he can be just as effective (or ineffective, for that matter) in this godawful offense. It's time we pull the trigger on a franchise QB, not a game manager.

                        I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • PPE6.6 P
                          • 64 Posts
                          • 4 Reputation
                          P PPE6.6 wrote on last edited by PPE6.6
                          #12

                          I would expect Wallace to be effective HES USED TO THIS STYLE OF OFFENSE. Im not big on Shurmur either but im just so tired of the norm and ready for something new c0cksmooch 🙂

                          Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • P PPE6.6

                            I would expect Wallace to be effective HES USED TO THIS STYLE OF OFFENSE. Im not big on Shurmur either but im just so tired of the norm and ready for something new c0cksmooch 🙂

                            Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 8k Posts
                            • 1k Reputation
                            Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @ppe6.6 said:

                            I would expect Wallace to be effective HES PLAYED THIS STYLE OF OFFENSE BEFORE. Im not big on Shurmur either but im just so tired of the norm and ready for something new c0cksmooch 🙂

                            Nobody has played this style of offense before. This isn't the WCO. This is a shit hybrid bastardization involving nothing but iso's and drags. As far as I can tell, it's purely B.O.B. blocking, with no zone or blend schemes, which is why teams can generate easy pressure. The WR's hug the bottom of the route tree, and the QB progession is low to high, which makes sense because the OL isn't blocking for shit.

                            Wallace probably played in this offense in pee-wee football.

                            I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • BrownIndian BrownIndianB
                              • 2k Posts
                              • 39 Reputation
                              BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              It is amazing to think that we had a chance to actually win this game. But ofCourse, we lose it - not because of our lack of talent but because of our bonehead tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot. The biggest opponenet the Browns have ever faced is not the Steelers or the Ravens but themselves !!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Jibz JibzJ
                                • 236 Posts
                                • 17 Reputation
                                JibzJ Jibz wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                "I guess that's not contributing anything useful to the typical "fan" who wants someone new every single year because it always works out so well....moron"

                                I agree we are always complaining we want a new QB every year... because we keep drafting shitty ones!

                                Your argument would stand if we got rid of QB's that are performing well on other teams.

                                The QB's we want ran out of town all have sucked like our coaches!

                                Are any of our long gone QB;s or coaches doing great on other teams? NO!!! because they sucked! Thats why we want them ran out of town! moron

                                Jibz Actions4photographers.com I will bleed Orange & Brown till my last breath!
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • cdl15 cdl15C Very Popular
                                  • 2k Posts
                                  • 112 Reputation
                                  cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Lol

                                  "We are Americans. We don't quit doing something because it's wrong. We just keep doing the wrong thing till it turns out right." Browns maybe the most American Football team ever.
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • hoortaH hoorta

                                    @poeticg said:

                                    You know, there has been a lot to complain about. There's maybe even be sufficient cause to "whine" now and again, and again and again(sorry),(it's true) but I find some inner piece with knowing that we're all in this together.

                                    I love ya Browns Fans, I really do. - It's easy to see why the players here in Cleveland(like Cribbs) really love you. I wish I could have made it to the gridiron and donned the Orange and Brown. I would have taken us all the way- I swear I would have- with all my heart and soul, lest I would die first on that field.

                                    I want that championship for you that much. I want it for Otto Graham. I want it for Paul Brown AND The Dawg Pound. I want it for the guys who came before- Kosar, Sipe and Dawson. I want it for the Dads in the stands with their kids... in a blizzard. I want it for all those who refuse to recognize the Cleveland Browns for who and what they are.

                                    You know, It hurts to see that a day has come when the magnificent things that Cleveland HAS DONE in the past, is forgotten or is seen in apathy. What Otto and Paul Brown did upon coming into the NFL was Legendary. It would rival anything in modern sports. It would beat out what the Patriots did after 9/11. It's sickens me to know that because it was a long, long time ago("in Neverland- before Superbowls") that they aren't more recognized for what they are. Instead they are more referred to as "Clowns".

                                    I think I might have been the back you needed "once". Small, light, shifty and very quick. I burned State Champs in the first 50 meters of every 100 meter race. I moved like the matrix and I'm not exaggerating. I'm white and 5'6 1/2 but I jumped 22 feet(even) in the long jump and I had close to a 36 inch vertical. Are there any rocket scientists out there that can calculate my speed? Well, I guess probably not since I really didn't run full speed in the long jump? I wasn't the best in math.

                                    I'm 29 now and I feel like I let you down. I was never given the chance but I wish I would have taken it. I want it so bad... to raise that ball after the final seconds tick off the Superbowl, praise The Good Lord first and then thank every Browns Fan distant and foremost, for holding on to a dream and never letting it go, no matter how distant. Just to latch to that star and believe with all your heart... because dreams become true when you never give up. -Poe

                                    Problem is, that glorious history is rapidly fading into the past. You'd have to be well over 50 to remember the '64 Championship, and at least 35 to remember the Kosar years when the Browns were consistently good.

                                    Even when the Browns win their first Super bowl (and they will, eventually)the Steeler trolls will try and stuff it in our face "we've won more". So let's see when the NFL renames it "the World Bowl" the Pittsburgh fags are back to square one.

                                    The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                    • 57k Posts
                                    • 4k Reputation
                                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @hoorta said:

                                    Problem is, that glorious history is rapidly fading into the past. You'd have to be well over 50 to remember the '64 Championship, and at least 35 to remember the Kosar years when the Browns were consistently good.

                                    Even when the Browns win their first Super bowl (and they will, eventually)the Steeler trolls will try and stuff it in our face "we've won more". So let's see when the NFL renames it "the World Bowl" the Pittsburgh fags are back to square one.

                                    Cleveland has won 13 professional football championships. Nothing will change that history. Nothing will erase it, nothing can deny it. The name of those championships is irrelevent.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • PPE6.6 P
                                      • 64 Posts
                                      • 4 Reputation
                                      P PPE6.6 wrote on last edited by PPE6.6
                                      #18

                                      Jibz you're helpless I guess I cant have a simple discussion with someone who can see into the future and knows how players are going to turn out you win.. are you a die hard buckeye fan too?

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                                        @ppe6.6 said:

                                        Me contribute something useful? I never once said Colts for sure the man, id just like to see him with a TINY bit of talent on offense, and play for one coach and style of offense for a few years is all? I guess that's not contributing anything useful to the typical "fan" who wants someone new every single year because it always works out so well....moron

                                        I've never endorsed the revolving door at any position, coach included. Do your research and don't assume, dickbreath.

                                        But Shurmur is awful, and Seneca is proving he can be just as effective (or ineffective, for that matter) in this godawful offense. It's time we pull the trigger on a franchise QB, not a game manager.

                                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                        • 57k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                        I've never endorsed the revolving door at any position, coach included. Do your research and don't assume, dickbreath.

                                        But Shurmur is awful, and Seneca is proving he can be just as effective (or ineffective, for that matter) in this godawful offense. It's time we pull the trigger on a franchise QB, not a game manager.

                                        To me, considering the way both of these QBs have played, I am inclined to think that the problem may not be the QBs, but the person controlling the QBs.

                                        You may have a Lamborghini or a Ferrari Testarosa in your garage, but it if is being driven by your old granny who will never drive any car over 30 mph, what is the point?

                                        Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Jibz JibzJ
                                          • 236 Posts
                                          • 17 Reputation
                                          JibzJ Jibz wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          dude...You have sucked on Colts bag for 22 posts now.... try opening your eyes instead of your mouth...

                                          Jibz Actions4photographers.com I will bleed Orange & Brown till my last breath!
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate