Skip to content

Clock Management

The Browns Board
25 10 1.4k
  • And another burnt fucking timeout.

  • Wallace has got to go

  • And another burnt fucking timeout.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And another burnt fucking timeout.

    It's unbelievable. And Wallace was so used to throwing screens at Hillis's feet last week he did the same thing here when Hillis was wide open..

  • Another case of poor clock management costing us the game. Poor coaching.

  • FUCK THAT. WTF.

  • Phil Taylor for the win! Who will it be next week?

  • Would have been different if we had any timeouts. Any.

    I'm pretty sure each of the timeouts we burned resulted in incomplete passes anyway.

  • Would have been different if we had any timeouts. Any.

    I'm pretty sure each of the timeouts we burned resulted in incomplete passes anyway.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Would have been different if we had any timeouts. Any.

    I'm pretty sure each of the timeouts we burned resulted in incomplete passes anyway.

    Absolutely. Shurmur wastes more timeouts than any other coach I've ever seen. But when Flacco is on his 20th fake hut you would think it would be damned obvious that they are just trying to get us to jump offsides. Taylor has been great all year, but that was such a dumbass play..

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Would have been different if we had any timeouts. Any.

    I'm pretty sure each of the timeouts we burned resulted in incomplete passes anyway.

    Absolutely. Shurmur wastes more timeouts than any other coach I've ever seen. But when Flacco is on his 20th fake hut you would think it would be damned obvious that they are just trying to get us to jump offsides. Taylor has been great all year, but that was such a dumbass play..

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Absolutely. Shurmur wastes more timeouts than any other coach I've ever seen. But when Flacco is on his 20th fake hut you would think it would be damned obvious that they are just trying to get us to jump offsides. Taylor has been great all year, but that was such a dumbass play..

    If that gets Shurmur fired, then in my opinion it was well worth it. If winning this game saved Shurmur's job, it would have set the franchise back another 5 years.

  • Would have been different if we had any timeouts. Any.

    I'm pretty sure each of the timeouts we burned resulted in incomplete passes anyway.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Would have been different if we had any timeouts. Any.

    I'm pretty sure each of the timeouts we burned resulted in incomplete passes anyway.

    Not true, the 4th down pass was completed for 0 yards after a TO

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Would have been different if we had any timeouts. Any.

    I'm pretty sure each of the timeouts we burned resulted in incomplete passes anyway.

    Not true, the 4th down pass was completed for 0 yards after a TO

    @browns149 said:

    Not true, the 4th down pass was completed for 0 yards after a TO

    Ah, how could I forget!

  • @browns149 said:

    Not true, the 4th down pass was completed for 0 yards after a TO

    Ah, how could I forget!

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Ah, how could I forget!

    It is all forgetable

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Absolutely. Shurmur wastes more timeouts than any other coach I've ever seen. But when Flacco is on his 20th fake hut you would think it would be damned obvious that they are just trying to get us to jump offsides. Taylor has been great all year, but that was such a dumbass play..

    If that gets Shurmur fired, then in my opinion it was well worth it. If winning this game saved Shurmur's job, it would have set the franchise back another 5 years.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    If that gets Shurmur fired, then in my opinion it was well worth it. If winning this game saved Shurmur's job, it would have set the franchise back another 5 years.

    Well there is no doubt in my mind Holmgren is keeping Shurmur around for a while so I don't think today matters in that regard.

  • Do any of you guys doubt me anymore that Shurmur is clueless, and has to go? A Pop Warner coach knows if Hillis doesn't score on that run, the clock runs out. Nice job of wasting timeouts in the second half on top of it.

    If this loss gets Shurmur fired, it was worth it. Room for improvement? Patsy has a long way to go to even be considered a decent NCAA coach.

  • Do any of you guys doubt me anymore that Shurmur is clueless, and has to go? A Pop Warner coach knows if Hillis doesn't score on that run, the clock runs out. Nice job of wasting timeouts in the second half on top of it.

    If this loss gets Shurmur fired, it was worth it. Room for improvement? Patsy has a long way to go to even be considered a decent NCAA coach.

    @hoorta said:

    Do any of you guys doubt me anymore that Shurmur is clueless, and has to go? A Pop Warner coach knows if Hillis doesn't score on that run, the clock runs out. Nice job of wasting timeouts in the second half on top of it.

    If this loss gets Shurmur fired, it was worth it. Room for improvement? Patsy has a long way to go to even be considered a decent NCAA coach.

    He will be back next year. The sooner we come to peace with it - the better it will be for our health 🙂

  • Do any of you guys doubt me anymore that Shurmur is clueless, and has to go? A Pop Warner coach knows if Hillis doesn't score on that run, the clock runs out. Nice job of wasting timeouts in the second half on top of it.

    If this loss gets Shurmur fired, it was worth it. Room for improvement? Patsy has a long way to go to even be considered a decent NCAA coach.

    @hoorta said:

    Do any of you guys doubt me anymore that Shurmur is clueless, and has to go? A Pop Warner coach knows if Hillis doesn't score on that run, the clock runs out. Nice job of wasting timeouts in the second half on top of it.

    If this loss gets Shurmur fired, it was worth it. Room for improvement? Patsy has a long way to go to even be considered a decent NCAA coach.

    It doesn;'t matter, because Holmgren isn't going to fire him. We can only hope he quits on his own. And yes I agree he is clueless, a bad play caller, and an even worse clock manager

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    If that gets Shurmur fired, then in my opinion it was well worth it. If winning this game saved Shurmur's job, it would have set the franchise back another 5 years.

    Well there is no doubt in my mind Holmgren is keeping Shurmur around for a while so I don't think today matters in that regard.

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Well there is no doubt in my mind Holmgren is keeping Shurmur around for a while so I don't think today matters in that regard.

    There's a doubt in my mind- there's bad coaching, and then again there's Gawdawful coaching. It SHOULD matter, if everyone is being evaluated. Time to cut your losses, and move on.

  • If Shurmur isn't evaluated and fired at the end of the season, it proves Holmgren is only here to collect a paycheck and get some of his buddies a coaching job.

  • If Shurmur isn't evaluated and fired at the end of the season, it proves Holmgren is only here to collect a paycheck and get some of his buddies a coaching job.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    If Shurmur isn't evaluated and fired at the end of the season, it proves Holmgren is only here to collect a paycheck and get some of his buddies a coaching job.

    I totally agree. Why isn't the coach being evaluated? everyone else is. McCoy got 1 year and he's probably gone, so why not the coach? The coach has done way worse then any player has

  • @hoorta said:

    Do any of you guys doubt me anymore that Shurmur is clueless, and has to go? A Pop Warner coach knows if Hillis doesn't score on that run, the clock runs out. Nice job of wasting timeouts in the second half on top of it.

    If this loss gets Shurmur fired, it was worth it. Room for improvement? Patsy has a long way to go to even be considered a decent NCAA coach.

    It doesn;'t matter, because Holmgren isn't going to fire him. We can only hope he quits on his own. And yes I agree he is clueless, a bad play caller, and an even worse clock manager

    @browns149 said:

    It doesn;'t matter, because Holmgren isn't going to fire him. We can only hope he quits on his own. And yes I agree he is clueless, a bad play caller, and an even worse clock manager

    I hope that Randy can break away from his soccer long enough to tell Mike this guy is a bum and get rid of him- because if you don't, you're done too. Probably won't happen, but it would be nice.

    Tell you what, if Shurmur is back next year, I'm going to find something better to do on my Sunday afternoons- I've had it watching this clown blow games.