Skip to content

Adrian Peterson

The Browns Board
24 13 1.5k
  • @browns149 said:

    For sure. I was at a party when McGahee snapped his. The whole place was sick

    I was eating Japanese food. I almost threw it up, but it was too delicious. I fought my way through the rest of that meal.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I was eating Japanese food. I almost threw it up, but it was too delicious. I fought my way through the rest of that meal.

    It's like the Kennedy assassination, everyone remembers what they were eating when he tore his knee. Remember the Thisman injury, my dad had me look away, lol.

  • I really, really hope it isn't his career. He's one of our generations best talents. I'd hate to see his career cut short at only age 26. Would be a shame. I love watching him play. He's so good.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    I really, really hope it isn't his career. He's one of our generations best talents. I'd hate to see his career cut short at only age 26. Would be a shame. I love watching him play. He's so good.

    That's the way it is. The NFL is becoming a "what if?" league. There's a handful of people who should have been the greatest ever that had their careers ended due to injury.

    That's why I firmly believe Tim Tebow is going to be shot in the spine. There's no way to explain why he wins, and it's throwing the universe out of whack.

    EDIT: I'm not advocating that Tebow be shot, because I think he's awesome. I'm just saying, that's the way things happen.

  • I really, really hope it isn't his career. He's one of our generations best talents. I'd hate to see his career cut short at only age 26. Would be a shame. I love watching him play. He's so good.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    I really, really hope it isn't his career. He's one of our generations best talents. I'd hate to see his career cut short at only age 26. Would be a shame. I love watching him play. He's so good.

    This one especially.

  • Do u suppose the NFL will do something about hits like that ?

  • And if he dies, he dies

  • Petersen came into the league with injury questions. While I'm actually surprised he's lasted this long, I'll be even more surprised if he is not back running over DB's in 2012. (great clip)

    And yes, the McGahee injury both looked far worse (a man's knee should not bend like it was an ostrich's)and was worse. Look what he's done post reconstruction... incredible.

  • did MaGahee get hurt this year? Am I missing something?

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Again, an idiotic post from a kid.

    Yes, by all means, let's keep playing shit backs like HIllis and HArdesty. They may never lead us to win or make plays, but at least they won't get hurt.

    Unfkucking believable how stupid some people can think. A guy like Petersen comes available YOU TAKE HIM and you offer him whatever you have to , to get him.

    I suppose if Jim Brown were a rookie, you would offer him a 2 year deal?

    Moron!

    AP is in the league 5 years, he is not a rookie. I said long term faggot. They gave him a 6 year deal.

    p.s. The Vikings are 3 and 12. He has 175 yards rushing week 9 on. His body was wearing down.

  • did MaGahee get hurt this year? Am I missing something?

    @dj_illness said:

    did MaGahee get hurt this year? Am I missing something?

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    I agree, YOu are a long-term faggot.

    Regarding running backs,,,,,,,, if you have a chance at a world class RB, you drop your drawers and pray you can sign him for the long haul.

    You know as much about football as you know about women.

    Idiot!

    Just like Chris Johnson right?

  • interesting scenario....

    does this intruige Minnesota to trade down and/or pursue Trent Richardson?

  • ^ Good question... Surgeon's report should help them decide their interest level.

    Then the question becomes how far done to trade.... with the Browns likely at #4 and in apparent need of a RB.

  • interesting scenario....

    does this intruige Minnesota to trade down and/or pursue Trent Richardson?

    @dj_illness said:

    interesting scenario....

    does this intruige Minnesota to trade down and/or pursue Trent Richardson?

    I don't know if you noticed, but they have a backup that has been more than capable when Peterson has been out. He had 109 yards yesterday on 11 carries and two 90+ yard games while he had the high ankle sprain, he can catch and pass block very well. You know, the guy that won the Doak Walker award in 2009? runner up in the Heisman to Mark Ingram...the closest race in history? 230 pounds, runs a 4.53? Remember? 2nd round pick.... He might not be the superstar that AP is but he can be an above average starting back. If you haven't noticed, most teams with elite backs that get 350+ carries don't win many games. Minnesota, Titans, Jaguars. You just need above average backs and spread carries around. It is sad to see a great talent get injured but he is a hard worker and I am sure will bounce back sooner than expected. It might take him a while to perform at 100 percent though. He'll probably be back around week 4 or 5 of next year.

  • @dj_illness said:

    interesting scenario....

    does this intruige Minnesota to trade down and/or pursue Trent Richardson?

    I don't know if you noticed, but they have a backup that has been more than capable when Peterson has been out. He had 109 yards yesterday on 11 carries and two 90+ yard games while he had the high ankle sprain, he can catch and pass block very well. You know, the guy that won the Doak Walker award in 2009? runner up in the Heisman to Mark Ingram...the closest race in history? 230 pounds, runs a 4.53? Remember? 2nd round pick.... He might not be the superstar that AP is but he can be an above average starting back. If you haven't noticed, most teams with elite backs that get 350+ carries don't win many games. Minnesota, Titans, Jaguars. You just need above average backs and spread carries around. It is sad to see a great talent get injured but he is a hard worker and I am sure will bounce back sooner than expected. It might take him a while to perform at 100 percent though. He'll probably be back around week 4 or 5 of next year.

    @batsandgats said:

    I don't know if you noticed, but they have a backup that has been more than capable when Peterson has been out. He had 109 yards yesterday on 11 carries and two 90+ yard games while he had the high ankle sprain, he can catch and pass block very well. You know, the guy that won the Doak Walker award in 2009? runner up in the Heisman to Mark Ingram...the closest race in history? 230 pounds, runs a 4.53? Remember? 2nd round pick.... He might not be the superstar that AP is but he can be an above average starting back. If you haven't noticed, most teams with elite backs that get 350+ carries don't win many games. Minnesota, Titans, Jaguars. You just need above average backs and spread carries around. It is sad to see a great talent get injured but he is a hard worker and I am sure will bounce back sooner than expected. It might take him a while to perform at 100 percent though. He'll probably be back around week 4 or 5 of next year.

    Toby Gerhart out of Stanford, isn't it?

  • That hit just looked sick to me... knees should not bend sideways like that.

    From what I heard, though, he missed the trifecta and only tore his ACL and MCL... the PCL is apparently ok.

  • @batsandgats said:

    I don't know if you noticed, but they have a backup that has been more than capable when Peterson has been out. He had 109 yards yesterday on 11 carries and two 90+ yard games while he had the high ankle sprain, he can catch and pass block very well. You know, the guy that won the Doak Walker award in 2009? runner up in the Heisman to Mark Ingram...the closest race in history? 230 pounds, runs a 4.53? Remember? 2nd round pick.... He might not be the superstar that AP is but he can be an above average starting back. If you haven't noticed, most teams with elite backs that get 350+ carries don't win many games. Minnesota, Titans, Jaguars. You just need above average backs and spread carries around. It is sad to see a great talent get injured but he is a hard worker and I am sure will bounce back sooner than expected. It might take him a while to perform at 100 percent though. He'll probably be back around week 4 or 5 of next year.

    Toby Gerhart out of Stanford, isn't it?

    @the-gipper said:

    Toby Gerhart out of Stanford, isn't it?

    yep

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Again, an idiotic post from a kid.

    Yes, by all means, let's keep playing shit backs like HIllis and HArdesty. They may never lead us to win or make plays, but at least they won't get hurt.

    Unfkucking believable how stupid some people can think. A guy like Petersen comes available YOU TAKE HIM and you offer him whatever you have to , to get him.

    I suppose if Jim Brown were a rookie, you would offer him a 2 year deal?

    Moron!

    Sorry you dont invest money in porcelain legs Peterson...Im glad we never drafted him.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Again, an idiotic post from a kid.

    Yes, by all means, let's keep playing shit backs like HIllis and HArdesty. They may never lead us to win or make plays, but at least they won't get hurt.

    Unfkucking believable how stupid some people can think. A guy like Petersen comes available YOU TAKE HIM and you offer him whatever you have to , to get him.

    I suppose if Jim Brown were a rookie, you would offer him a 2 year deal?

    Moron!

    Sorry you dont invest money in porcelain legs Peterson...Im glad we never drafted him.

    @nickers said:

    Sorry you dont invest money in porcelain legs Peterson...Im glad we never drafted him.

    I'll give you a pass because you are responding to Ghoulie...

    But I don't care who you are, you get hit in the knee like that, you are over... has nothing to do with Peterson being injury prone.