Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Cavs Board
  3. Crab Dribble

Crab Dribble

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Cavs Board
2 Posts 2 Posters 912 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
    • 4k Posts
    • 139 Reputation
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by ATENEARS
    #1

    In a recent game where the Chosen One was called for a travel while driving for a potential tying basket in the closing seconds of Cleveland's 80-77 loss at Washington, Lebron appealed to the media afterward that it wasn't traveling, but a "Crab Dribble".

    What's a Crab Dribble?

    Well, whatever it is, add LeBron James' "crab dribble" to the lengthy list of talking points in the Cavaliers-Wizards rivalry.

    Washington interim coach Ed Tapscott said, "I'll have to check in my book to see what a 'crab dribble' is. I'm not quite sure. I do know that we don't seem to get away with very many of them, whatever they are."

    In giving his take on what happened, The King said: "I watched it again, and I took a 'crab dribble,' which is a hesitation dribble, and then two steps."

    Asked Monday if he knows what a "crab dribble" is, Wizards All-Star forward Antawn Jamison said, "I know what a traveling is. ... I think we all know what traveling is."

    Washington's other All-Star forward, Caron Butler, gave a similar answer. "'Crab dribble' is when you, uh, travel," Butler said. "That's the hottest thing on the market right now." Turning to a more serious explanation, Butler said he thought James switched his pivot foot. "I couldn't do it in AAU, I couldn't do it in college," Butler said, "and obviously I can't do it now."

    However, the best explanation I heard of what a 'crab dribble' is, came from Jim Rome who explained that 'crab dribble' is code for "Don't you know who I am?" (lol)

    Good stuff and a great new term.

    Btw, I thought it was a travel, just as I did the other three or four times he did it that same game ... not to mention EVERY NIGHT. It's the ole Michael Jordan non-call, or the Isiah Thomas carry.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Masters ?
      • Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      ? Masters wrote on last edited by
      #2

      It was a travel and not a crab dribble, no doubt.

      For those wondering what a crab dribble is, Jalen Rose called into ESPNs First Take on Monday and explained what it is (he knew the term). I can't explain it as well as he did, but essentially it is a post when the defender is on your back.

      Basically it is a real term, just rarely used.

      The funniest to me is apparently people on ESPN to watch or pay attention to the other shows on ESPN.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply

      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      Theme
      • System
      • Light
      • Dark
      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Forums
      • Recent
      • Popular
      • Users
      • Donate