Skip to content

The Price Is Right?

The Browns Board
13 9 1.1k
  • Zombo said:

    You don't hold it against the QB if the running back has a great night,

    RG3 was 24-33,295 with 55 yards rushing and 2 TDs, one by land, one by air. He led an offense that amassed 777 yards, 67 points annd a comeback victory.

    Yes, Washington's run defense was the worst I have ever seen in my life. But RG# is awesome.

    He is a bigger, smarter, stronger Michael Vick with an accurate cannon.

    I think Luck and Griffin are the best QBs to come out in the same year since Elway / Marino. They should go #1 and #2. They are franchise shapers.

    Zombo

    Z, I did tape the game but I've yet to watch it. 700+ yards = no defense to speak of, not necessarily great offense. Looking at the CNN report on the game, Chris Speilman was having a conniption in the booth Washington's defense was so bad. Right now, I'm more inclined to agree with Gipper- and follow the Steeler model. Draft the quarterback LAST, when everything else is in place. Give McCoy one more year- if he stinks, go after Price. And it's not a given Griffin- or even Luck- will declare eligible, they both can return to college & play next year.

  • I would be afraid of taking another Big12 quarterback on the first day of the draft. History is not on their side.

    Big 12 QB's in the NFL

    They seem to fizzle out within a couple of years.

    Some are only hoping that he will be the next Scam Newton.

  • I didn't watch the game, but did you just say Baylor won when Washington had 1300+ yards of total offense!? Oh and no wonder they did, the reason Baylor didn't do so well this year was because they litterally had one of the top 10 worst defenses in the nation this year.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I didn't watch the game, but did you just say Baylor won when Washington had 1300+ yards of total offense!? Oh and no wonder they did, the reason Baylor didn't do so well this year was because they litterally had one of the top 10 worst defenses in the nation this year.

    No, it was the 2 teams combined that had over 1300 yards...but yes, I do believe this is the record for any Div. I bowl game going back to like 1899.

  • Zombo said:

    You don't hold it against the QB if the running back has a great night,

    RG3 was 24-33,295 with 55 yards rushing and 2 TDs, one by land, one by air. He led an offense that amassed 777 yards, 67 points annd a comeback victory.

    Yes, Washington's run defense was the worst I have ever seen in my life. But RG# is awesome.

    He is a bigger, smarter, stronger Michael Vick with an accurate cannon.

    I think Luck and Griffin are the best QBs to come out in the same year since Elway / Marino. They should go #1 and #2. They are franchise shapers.

    Zombo

    I wasn't necessarily disparaging RGIII, I was simply saying how the other QB was so impressive....perhaps even more so than RGIII

  • Zombo said:

    You don't hold it against the QB if the running back has a great night,

    RG3 was 24-33,295 with 55 yards rushing and 2 TDs, one by land, one by air. He led an offense that amassed 777 yards, 67 points annd a comeback victory.

    Yes, Washington's run defense was the worst I have ever seen in my life. But RG# is awesome.

    He is a bigger, smarter, stronger Michael Vick with an accurate cannon.

    I think Luck and Griffin are the best QBs to come out in the same year since Elway / Marino. They should go #1 and #2. They are franchise shapers.

    Zombo

    I wasn't necessarily disparaging RGIII, I was simply saying how the other QB was so impressive....perhaps even more so than RGIII

    @the-gipper said:

    I wasn't necessarily disparaging RGIII, I was simply saying how the other QB was so impressive....perhaps even more so than RGIII

    I will base my opinion on a player over a season and or career other than one game.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I wasn't necessarily disparaging RGIII, I was simply saying how the other QB was so impressive....perhaps even more so than RGIII

    I will base my opinion on a player over a season and or career other than one game.

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    I will base my opinion on a player over a season and or career other than one game.

    Sure, but since this is the only game I have seen of this guy how do I know he is not this good all the time?

  • Let Price do it next year all year.

    Zombo already said what needs to be said

  • I watched a good portion of the Baylor/Washington game last night, and after seeing it, it is highly possible that RGIII may be been only the second best QB on the field last night. RGIII played well, he had 1 passing TD and 1 rushing TD, but his counterpart, Keith Price had 4 TD passes and ran for 3 more. Most of the load for Baylor was carried by their running back Ganaway.

    Keith Price is only a sophomore, so the earliest he will be in the draft is in 2013...so

    perhaps my suggestion of following the Steeler model: build up the defense, WR and RB positions, then fill in the QB as the last piece of the puzzle, could be followed with the potential that this Keith Price could be available in a later draft.

    @the-gipper said:

    build up the defense, WR and RB positions, then fill in the QB as the last piece of the puzzle, could be followed with the potential that this Keith Price could be available in a later draft.

    im totally down with this.....

    its not like luck and rgiii are the last good qbs ever....there will be plenty of fine athletes every year.

  • I didn't watch the game, but did you just say Baylor won when Washington had 1300+ yards of total offense!? Oh and no wonder they did, the reason Baylor didn't do so well this year was because they litterally had one of the top 10 worst defenses in the nation this year.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    ... did you just say Baylor won when Washington had 1300+ yards of total offense!?

    LOL... I believe that would be a record...

    Sorry, no running QB's for me...

    Was trying to think of how many running college QB's went on to win Superbowls. Only thought of two possibles off of the top of my head, Staubach and Young.

    Pretty sure Roger ran options at Navy, but he had a couple years of active duty to get that out of his system. Can't remember a designed run play for him at Dallas with the usual exceptions of the sneak and naked bootleg. Landry was not an idiot.

    Very sure Young was predominantly a passer a BYU. He was a link in that whole chain of BYU record setters that included Gifford Nielsen, Jim McMahon, and Marc Wilson.

    While both Staubach and Young could run, there's big difference between a QB who can run and a running QB.

    Came across this little ditty in a Google result...

    http://www.6magazineonline.com/2011/06/will-a-running-qb-ever-win-a-super-bowl/

    The writer's closing words... "The stars are aligning for this 2012 season even. Mike Vick and the Eagles fly to and through the Super Bowl, forever etching Vickโ€™s name to greatness. Mark my words!!"

    Oh well, Tebow is still in the hunt this season... ๐Ÿ˜

  • I wouldn't be unhappy with RG3. Hopefully the second first-rounder will help the right side of the OL so we won't have to call a rollout for every pass play next year.