Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Robert Griffin Iii To Enter The Draft

Robert Griffin Iii To Enter The Draft

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
9 Posts 5 Posters 722 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 10k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I'm pretty sure Holmgren won't draft him. He's not a "westcoast system" QB. So of course the Browns won't draft him. We don't need a play making Qb anyway.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7410307/heisman-winner-robert-griffin-iii-baylor-bears-enter-nfl-draft-sources-say

    "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • brownfish B
      • 328 Posts
      • 12 Reputation
      B brownfish wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I could see him say that he will enter the draft but will not play next season because he wants to finish his classes. I think if he plays his cards right he could become the head attorney for the players association in 5 years.

      Browns149B 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • B brownfish

        I could see him say that he will enter the draft but will not play next season because he wants to finish his classes. I think if he plays his cards right he could become the head attorney for the players association in 5 years.

        Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 10k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @brownfish said:

        I could see him say that he will enter the draft but will not play next season because he wants to finish his classes. I think if he plays his cards right he could become the head attorney for the players association in 5 years.

        Finish his classes? He already graduated. He has no reason to return for another year

        "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
        Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Browns149B Browns149

          @brownfish said:

          I could see him say that he will enter the draft but will not play next season because he wants to finish his classes. I think if he plays his cards right he could become the head attorney for the players association in 5 years.

          Finish his classes? He already graduated. He has no reason to return for another year

          Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 8k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @browns149 said:

          Finish his classes? He already graduated. He has no reason to return for another year

          He's a semester and a half away from his masters.

          I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
          Browns149B 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

            @browns149 said:

            Finish his classes? He already graduated. He has no reason to return for another year

            He's a semester and a half away from his masters.

            Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 10k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

            He's a semester and a half away from his masters.

            can't he do that before the draft?

            "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
            Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Browns149B Browns149

              @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

              He's a semester and a half away from his masters.

              can't he do that before the draft?

              Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 8k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @browns149 said:

              can't he do that before the draft?

              The draft is in April. Semesters end in May.

              No.

              Theoretically he could get it done before the start of the regular season, but trying to juggle earning a Masters degree and learning a brand new offense in your rookie season in the NFL is a hell of a lot to ask. Either your studies or your production would suffer.

              I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
              Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                @browns149 said:

                can't he do that before the draft?

                The draft is in April. Semesters end in May.

                No.

                Theoretically he could get it done before the start of the regular season, but trying to juggle earning a Masters degree and learning a brand new offense in your rookie season in the NFL is a hell of a lot to ask. Either your studies or your production would suffer.

                Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                • 3k Posts
                • 241 Reputation
                Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                The draft is in April. Semesters end in May.

                No.

                Theoretically he could get it done before the start of the regular season, but trying to juggle earning a Masters degree and learning a brand new offense in your rookie season in the NFL is a hell of a lot to ask. Either your studies or your production would suffer.

                He could double up and get done in half of a semester, I'm sure Baylor would be more than willing to try and get him out the door before the Draft. Besides they are now saying he is 100% sure he is going to enter the draft. To qoute ESPN, "It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when."

                Ruining threads since 1897.
                Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                  @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                  The draft is in April. Semesters end in May.

                  No.

                  Theoretically he could get it done before the start of the regular season, but trying to juggle earning a Masters degree and learning a brand new offense in your rookie season in the NFL is a hell of a lot to ask. Either your studies or your production would suffer.

                  He could double up and get done in half of a semester, I'm sure Baylor would be more than willing to try and get him out the door before the Draft. Besides they are now saying he is 100% sure he is going to enter the draft. To qoute ESPN, "It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when."

                  Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 8k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @harry-buffalo said:

                  He could double up and get done in half of a semester, I'm sure Baylor would be more than willing to try and get him out the door before the Draft. Besides they are now saying he is 100% sure he is going to enter the draft. To qoute ESPN, "It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when."

                  Doubling up your course load in Masters level programs is hard enough alone. Pair that with getting ready for the NFL Combine, it's ridiculous.

                  I don't know what the original argument was, I was never in it. I was only trying to state that he's in the process of getting his Masters, as a true senior, and that doing both at the same time is near impossible. I don't foresee him graduating before the NFL draft, there's no way. Either his grades will have to slip or he won't be at peak performance in the Combine. Attaining his Masters is something he'll have to do in the offseason.

                  I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Nw220 N
                    • 1k Posts
                    • 27 Reputation
                    N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Shurmur calls Griffin a Tremendous Talent and watches his bowl game

                    http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_baylor_qb_robert_griffin_iii_will_declare_for_nfl_2012_draft/9059608

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate