Matt Flynn
-
LOL...Flynn will either be a Jet, Dolphin or Bronco...
got our D is terrible!!!
it's time to trade Haden...he has been so mediocre the last 6 games.
The same defense that has allowed only 6 points so far? And who would replace Haden? Think before you say something else stupid..
The same defense that has allowed only 6 points so far? And who would replace Haden? Think before you say something else stupid..
i guess you are watching a different game...Haden is being picked apart...is a step behind, and does't have the same acceleration that even skrine has...Our D is great in the redzone and on 3rd and 1. Stop listening to the broadcasters and start analyzing every movement and reaction of the players and you will see what I see...but you probably got your head somewhere else so it may be a little difficult.
...and who gave you the go ahead to think anyway?
-
The same defense that has allowed only 6 points so far? And who would replace Haden? Think before you say something else stupid..
i guess you are watching a different game...Haden is being picked apart...is a step behind, and does't have the same acceleration that even skrine has...Our D is great in the redzone and on 3rd and 1. Stop listening to the broadcasters and start analyzing every movement and reaction of the players and you will see what I see...but you probably got your head somewhere else so it may be a little difficult.
...and who gave you the go ahead to think anyway?
i guess you are watching a different game...Haden is being picked apart...is a step behind, and does't have the same acceleration that even skrine has...Our D is great in the redzone and on 3rd and 1. Stop listening to the broadcasters and start analyzing every movement and reaction of the players and you will see what I see...but you probably got your head somewhere else so it may be a little difficult.
...and who gave you the go ahead to think anyway?
He is our best corner whether you like him or not. I never listen to the broadcasters because 99% of them don't know what they are talking about. The problem with analyzing corners is you never see them except when the WR they are guarding is catching the ball (or is at least being targeted). Haden has allowed like 4 catches today. But of course you would ignore all of the rest of the plays where he was all over Brown in tight coverage..
-
While Flynn does have the weapons at WR, the guy can really make all the throws. He was impressive, 480 yards vs a playoff team that wasn't resting players today. If the Colts won't trade that first pick Flynn might be plan B for the Browns. I think Colt is done here. It is odd that he missed three weeks after the concussion and then they won't even let him stand on the sidelines with his teammates during the last game The Browns brass must have been pretty pissed about Colt's Dad ripping the team to the media.
-
I'd rather take RG3 with our #4 pick this year. Flynn will cost much more than he is worth - see the price Arizona had to pay for the average-at-best Kolb.
-
-
i guess you are watching a different game...Haden is being picked apart...is a step behind, and does't have the same acceleration that even skrine has...Our D is great in the redzone and on 3rd and 1. Stop listening to the broadcasters and start analyzing every movement and reaction of the players and you will see what I see...but you probably got your head somewhere else so it may be a little difficult.
...and who gave you the go ahead to think anyway?
He is our best corner whether you like him or not. I never listen to the broadcasters because 99% of them don't know what they are talking about. The problem with analyzing corners is you never see them except when the WR they are guarding is catching the ball (or is at least being targeted). Haden has allowed like 4 catches today. But of course you would ignore all of the rest of the plays where he was all over Brown in tight coverage..
He is our best corner whether you like him or not. I never listen to the broadcasters because 99% of them don't know what they are talking about. The problem with analyzing corners is you never see them except when the WR they are guarding is catching the ball (or is at least being targeted). Haden has allowed like 4 catches today. But of course you would ignore all of the rest of the plays where he was all over Brown in tight coverage..
The Broadcasters said that Haden is one of the top 5 CBs in the NFL.
-
Flynn.. the next Matt Cassel... yeah, let's grab him...

Or? Maybe the next Steve Young? or Matt Schaub? Or Drew Brees....etc. all of whom spent time as a backup QB.
Just like drafting QBs, picking up a backup in FA to be your starter is a crap shoot.
IF the Browns really this guy could be the guy, then it would free them up to acquire weapons in the draft instead of taking an RGIII or something.
-
MCCOY doesnt have any weapons right now, i dont think its fair to evaluate him with the weapons we have now. I say get a Kendall wright and see what mccoy can do with a burner and greg little and more experience under the offense.
-
Flynn.. the next Matt Cassel... yeah, let's grab him...

Or? Maybe the next Steve Young? or Matt Schaub? Or Drew Brees....etc. all of whom spent time as a backup QB.
Just like drafting QBs, picking up a backup in FA to be your starter is a crap shoot.
IF the Browns really this guy could be the guy, then it would free them up to acquire weapons in the draft instead of taking an RGIII or something.
Or? Maybe the next Steve Young? or Matt Schaub? Or Drew Brees....etc. all of whom spent time as a backup QB.
Just like drafting QBs, picking up a backup in FA to be your starter is a crap shoot.
Or maybe the ultimate "or".... Tom Brady...
I hear you... It can happen, but it's more likely Flynn's a flash-in-the-pan... ala Andersen, Holcomb, Frye...
-
- Spotting Young was pure Bill Walsh genius (forget what I was watching the other day where the analyst was lauding Walsh for his seeing Young's potential).
- Schaub had a good bit of visibility filling in for the oft injured Vick in ATL.
- Brees sat one year behind Flutie... then started because he was taller...

-
-
I'd rather take RG3 with our #4 pick this year. Flynn will cost much more than he is worth - see the price Arizona had to pay for the average-at-best Kolb.
I'd rather take RG3 with our #4 pick this year. Flynn will cost much more than he is worth - see the price Arizona had to pay for the average-at-best Kolb.
Honestly he is a free agent and I don't really care what he cost because I am not paying his salary. I would feel much better getting him and saving our picks then drafting a QB in round 1. At least you know this guy can make most of the throws at the NFLs speed and when he has played he has looked extremely good against NFL D's.
If we part ways with Colt I would put Flynn at the top of my want list for QBs above ANY rookie coming out.
Flynn, DJackson, and a DE would go along way for us in free agency.
-
I'd rather take RG3 with our #4 pick this year. Flynn will cost much more than he is worth - see the price Arizona had to pay for the average-at-best Kolb.
Honestly he is a free agent and I don't really care what he cost because I am not paying his salary. I would feel much better getting him and saving our picks then drafting a QB in round 1. At least you know this guy can make most of the throws at the NFLs speed and when he has played he has looked extremely good against NFL D's.
If we part ways with Colt I would put Flynn at the top of my want list for QBs above ANY rookie coming out.
Flynn, DJackson, and a DE would go along way for us in free agency.
Honestly he is a free agent and I don't really care what he cost because I am not paying his salary. I would feel much better getting him and saving our picks then drafting a QB in round 1. At least you know this guy can make most of the throws at the NFLs speed and when he has played he has looked extremely good against NFL D's.
If we part ways with Colt I would put Flynn at the top of my want list for QBs above ANY rookie coming out.
Flynn, DJackson, and a DE would go along way for us in free agency.
It doesn't matter cause he isn't going to make it into FA. They are going to franchise tag him and try to trade him for picks.
-
^which would be completely Retarded to do, considering they also have findley to resign....so i guess what youre saying is that they will tender their backup QB to the tune of 14 mil rather than a guy that is top 5 at his position? then on top of that, trade him after a tag means they lose negotiating leverage on a new deal, and would likely be paying a high price which equates to high risk (see matt cassel/chiefs situation a couple years ago).
so nope...its not anywhere near a lock he gets tagged.
-
-
Honestly he is a free agent and I don't really care what he cost because I am not paying his salary. I would feel much better getting him and saving our picks then drafting a QB in round 1. At least you know this guy can make most of the throws at the NFLs speed and when he has played he has looked extremely good against NFL D's.
If we part ways with Colt I would put Flynn at the top of my want list for QBs above ANY rookie coming out.
Flynn, DJackson, and a DE would go along way for us in free agency.
It doesn't matter cause he isn't going to make it into FA. They are going to franchise tag him and try to trade him for picks.
It doesn't matter cause he isn't going to make it into FA. They are going to franchise tag him and try to trade him for picks.
No way he gets franchised. They probably can't afford to franchise him and at the tune of 14 mil for next yr no one is going to want him.
-
yep, cause Aaron Rodgers is only going to be making 8 million.
-
per Brandt on twitter:
If Matt Flynn received Franchise Tag, would be scheduled to make $14.5 million in 2012. Aaron Rodgers scheduled to make $8 million.
There's no way Green Bay is going to franchise Flynn.
Cleveland needs to get him!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login