Skip to content

Matt Flynn

The Browns Board
72 29 3.4k
  • Well, I'll wait before I doubt your football wisdom again. You saw Colt wasn't getting it done before most people. I was probably one of the last to see that fact.

  • Matt Flynn invented the Sun so he wasn't the only person with a tan.

  • lol Tim Couch makes this Thread enjoyable

  • 😆 blind squirrel....

    the rough part was realizing about 6 games to go that shurmur isnt going anywhere and holmgren really doesnt have a good grasp on the job yet. but you were absolutely correct in that its gonna take time....more than we'd like unfortunately. i also fell for the shock and awe of holmgren without considering he might have to do some learning on the job as well. so strangely, it was your posts that made me settle and think a bit more about how this will all play out.

    i thought the season came together a bit at the end. this is the key draft that will determine if we can become competitive long term or due for another rebuild in 3 years. even with colt, a few pieces on offense i think will help win a few of those close losses.

    thats why i like the flynn option. no risk besides cap space, and it doesn't inhibit our ability to draft a qb in 13. the team as a whole gets stronger, young guys get more experience, and most importantly....the core will be in place. it didn't work trying to get the qb first then build the team, so lets at least try the opposite.

  • Well, Aaron Rodgers throws to those same people. So is he over rated as well? Maybe Green Bay should dump them both and hire Brady Quinn!

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Well, Aaron Rodgers throws to those same people. So is he over rated as well? Maybe Green Bay should dump them both and hire Brady Quinn!

    Aaron Rodgers has put up those gaudy numbers for almost 3 seasons and everyone is sold on Matt Flynn after one start. You people are impressed too easily. You see something shiny and you instantly want to have it like a baby.

  • no....it wasnt just one start that put flynn on the radar.

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20849&st=0&p=256273&hl=flynn&fromsearch=1entry256273

    that was brought up by an astute poster 6+ weeks ago....and it makes a ton of sense beyond the fact that he's able to play well if surrounded by talent.

  • Right... Luck will be gone and isn't worth mortgaging the ranch for, and no other QB in the draft is really a good fit for Cleveland. If Flynn sucks, just cut him and take a cap hit for a season. There should be more QB's that would fit better in Cleveland in next year's draft. I really doubt McCoy is better than Flynn.

    And this year's draft is the one that is going to make or break Holmgren and Co. I doubt they spend a high draft pick on a QB and take safer choices, even though WR is only a slightly safer choice than QB.

  • His name rhymes with Win.

    And Qui-Gon Jinn.

    And the band Berlin.

    And America.

  • I'm not arguing one side or the other here, I'm just saying that I've heard and it's been the idea for years that Matt Flynn is the best backup in the NFL, a la matt schaub. I can't make an opinion though because I've never really seen the dude play, but just throwing that up there.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I'm not arguing one side or the other here, I'm just saying that I've heard and it's been the idea for years that Matt Flynn is the best backup in the NFL, a la matt schaub. I can't make an opinion though because I've never really seen the dude play, but just throwing that up there.

    Seneca Wallace has widely been considered one of the best backups in the league as well. We ain't winning shit with Wallace.

  • no....it wasnt just one start that put flynn on the radar.

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20849&st=0&p=256273&hl=flynn&fromsearch=1entry256273

    that was brought up by an astute poster 6+ weeks ago....and it makes a ton of sense beyond the fact that he's able to play well if surrounded by talent.

    @choco said:

    no....it wasnt just one start that put flynn on the radar.

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20849&st=0&p=256273&hl=flynn&fromsearch=1entry256273

    that was brought up by an astute poster 6+ weeks ago....and it makes a ton of sense beyond the fact that he's able to play well if surrounded by talent.

    So you are saying Matt Flynn can play well when surrounded by talent but Colt can't? Great logic there pal.

  • no....u just have trouble reading apparently. youre not worth the time if you cant even follow the topic.