#4 #22
-
Found this from The Reverend:
If Cleveland wants Richardson then I would like them to trade the number 4 pick to Washington (assuming Washington does not trade it with the Rams for RGIII) for RGIII. OR we take RGIII and trade him to Washington.
THen at the 6th pick (Washingtons) take Richardson...pick up the 6th overall in the second round putting us picking 5th and 6th in the second round.
With the 22nd pick take Burfict...he is right for that slot and the idea of DQ, Gocong, and Burfict as the lbers is very intriguing.
Take the 37th pick with the 38th pick (from Washington trade) to get back into the first round and take Mercilus DE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This make to much sense not to share it! I would love this draft. Then do some wheeling and dealing to land Minnifield in the second, somehow...
-
After hearing Heckert today I'm starting to think the Browns may trade down from #4 and go defense with both picks in the first.
Then with possibly 5 or 6 picks in rounds 2-4 address the offense with most of them, which I would not mind at all.
It all depends on how bad Washington/Miami would want rg3 and what St Louis would demand for the #2.
If for some reason St Louis does not trade down with Miami or Washington our 4 pick is going to get a lot more valuable.
I'm against trading up to #2 to get rg3 and taking Richardson at 4.
Here's the Heckert interview http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/01/12/browns-gm-tom-heckert-joins-bull-fox-2
-
After hearing Heckert today I'm starting to think the Browns may trade down from #4 and go defense with both picks in the first.
Then with possibly 5 or 6 picks in rounds 2-4 address the offense with most of them, which I would not mind at all.
It all depends on how bad Washington/Miami would want rg3 and what St Louis would demand for the #2.
If for some reason St Louis does not trade down with Miami or Washington our 4 pick is going to get a lot more valuable.
I'm against trading up to #2 to get rg3 and taking Richardson at 4.
Here's the Heckert interview http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/01/12/browns-gm-tom-heckert-joins-bull-fox-2
After hearing Heckert today I'm starting to think the Browns may trade down from #4 and go defense with both picks in the first.
Then with possibly 5 or 6 picks in rounds 2-4 address the offense with most of them, which I would not mind at all.
It all depends on how bad Washington/Miami would want rg3 and what St Louis would demand for the #2.
If for some reason St Louis does not trade down with Miami or Washington our 4 pick is going to get a lot more valuable.
I'm against trading up to #2 to get rg3 and taking Richardson at 4.
Here's the Heckert interview http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/01/12/browns-gm-tom-heckert-joins-bull-fox-2
Trading picks to go to #2 spot is a bad idea. Trading down is better- But not soo much that we lose a chance to draft any good and safe picks.
-
I really wouldn't mind taking Claiborne with our first rounder. Two shutdown corners is lethal in the NFL. Makes your pass rush twice as good.
-
I really wouldn't mind taking Claiborne with our first rounder. Two shutdown corners is lethal in the NFL. Makes your pass rush twice as good.
I really wouldn't mind taking Claiborne with our first rounder. Two shutdown corners is lethal in the NFL. Makes your pass rush twice as good.
Well the mock draft does have us taking another CB -> Minnifield.
-
I'd of rather them traded up for Peterson last year than take Claiborne at 4 this year.
And honestly, Haden looked good in the first half of the season but he was anything but a shutdown corner in the second half.
Teams are not scared to throw at him and there's been plenty of guys who have gotten at least one interception playing man coverage all year.
-
Traded up for... what? A cb?
It would have taken probably more than our other two draft picks.
the Browns don't have the luxury of a nicely filled roster to pull that off.
We'd have a dismal defensive line. Come on, man.
And, Joe Haden has been outstanding for the Browns. But he was playing banged up
later on. And most of the time, teams had a little success throwing against the safeties after
Ward went out, and had a field day throwing against Brown, except, oddly, for the last couple of games.
Peterson is a great cb... yah... but he had six penalites on his "tight" coverage in the last four games.
And, go look it up... Claiborne, this year, is thought by a some bigtime nfl scouts as being as good or better
than Peterson.
Peterson is also extremely arrogant, and not so much a fit in the Browns' lockerroom. He'll bolt Arizona the first time
he's a free agent for more money, I'll bet.
Claiborne is outstanding, and the Browns' brass might take him. In the grand scheme of playing against offenses
like pukesbooger and the stinkin ratbirds, etc... the wr's they are seeing ... you need at least another Joe Haden out there.
But, there are other corners and wr's... I see the Browns trading down, unless Blackmon is there.
And those who want Tannehill? I'll pass. Too many questions. I'd much rather have Wilson, who I think is staying in school. He has "it". I'm not so sure that Tannehill isn't another DA bigfoot.
I'd wait and draft Wilson next year then.
-
another CB to complement haden who IS good (i think better than good), a LB who can cover run stop and rush the passer with another DE............WHAT?????? we might have the best defense in our division, seeing as our rivals are getting old and broken down.
grab a WR OL and RB in the later rounds.
this could be good.
-
I really wouldn't mind taking Claiborne with our first rounder. Two shutdown corners is lethal in the NFL. Makes your pass rush twice as good.
I really wouldn't mind taking Claiborne with our first rounder. Two shutdown corners is lethal in the NFL. Makes your pass rush twice as good.
I believe that there is a 26.825% chance that that is exactly what the Browns will do.
-
I don;t post a lot but let's face it not much to post about and everyone is typically starting a rant or qb thread.... I think our ideal expectations from these picks become trent richardson and kendall wright i know everyone wants to throw in the towel on colt but before we do it i think we honestly need to give the guys some tools in order to prove himself we all keep talking about continuity and needing to not start over every year but lest we forget that's what you're asking for again this year with a new unproven rookie quarterback... let's also not forget that we all thought he was a saint last year when he came in last year beat the pats and saints and played the steelers tough i'm not saying he is a savior or the next coming .... worst case scenario we draft 2 good players to compliment our offense and worst case scenario if colt isn;t our guy then we can get a guy next year. lets also not forget that some elite qbs didn;t have too great of season to begin their careers either .... ex: drew brees first full season 17 tds 16 picks in 60.8 percent completion . ... second 11 tds 15 ints 57.6 completion....third full season lights the fire 27 tds 7 ints ...i'm not saying colt is the next drew brees but he does have some tools and some resilience and he's a fighter and has heart lets give him the nod one more season before pulling the plug i think hillis is most likely gone which would require richardson pick at 4 hardesty and jackson both have consistent injury problems and wright would provide a welker-esque type receiver for colt and with little turning it on at the end of the season i think it could turn out to be a pretty good crew second round we use for lb or line help and then i think the rest is up for debate.... Other option possibly reddick at the number 22 with alshon jeffery or wright (if still available) in the second round
I don;t post a lot but let's face it not much to post about and everyone is typically starting a rant or qb thread.... I think our ideal expectations from these picks become trent richardson and kendall wright i know everyone wants to throw in the towel on colt but before we do it i think we honestly need to give the guys some tools in order to prove himself we all keep talking about continuity and needing to not start over every year but lest we forget that's what you're asking for again this year with a new unproven rookie quarterback... let's also not forget that we all thought he was a saint last year when he came in last year beat the pats and saints and played the steelers tough i'm not saying he is a savior or the next coming .... worst case scenario we draft 2 good players to compliment our offense and worst case scenario if colt isn;t our guy then we can get a guy next year. lets also not forget that some elite qbs didn;t have too great of season to begin their careers either .... ex: drew brees first full season 17 tds 16 picks in 60.8 percent completion . ... second 11 tds 15 ints 57.6 completion....third full season lights the fire 27 tds 7 ints ...i'm not saying colt is the next drew brees but he does have some tools and some resilience and he's a fighter and has heart lets give him the nod one more season before pulling the plug i think hillis is most likely gone which would require richardson pick at 4 hardesty and jackson both have consistent injury problems and wright would provide a welker-esque type receiver for colt and with little turning it on at the end of the season i think it could turn out to be a pretty good crew second round we use for lb or line help and then i think the rest is up for debate.... Other option possibly reddick at the number 22 with alshon jeffery or wright (if still available) in the second round
There you go...agree with you on all levels. Not throwing in the towel on Colt, let's be a real team in this league and give our QB some tools to work with, also don't spend much time on here either cuz like you said to many rants/qb threads and things being repeated, although jefferys def will be gone at that point, either way i like drafting weapons for our offense
-
I think the tough part about this draft is that it's so damn loaded with defensive talent coming out of the SEC that it's extremely tough to pass them up. Don't get me wrong, I'll be pissed if we go defense heavy especially at #4, but at #22 if a guy like Hightower, Fitzpatrick or Ingram or there I'm not upset with that at all.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login