Skip to content

#4 #22

The Browns Board
173 30 4.9k
  • #4 - RG3 please

    #22 - Kendal Wright WR - Baylor

    #22 is a tough call. We really need to shore up so many positions. We need to shore up our OL. I think we need that stud LB. RB might need looked at but I thought Chris Ogbonnaya made some great runs this year and showed potential. I like him a lot more than Hardesty at this point.

    One thing that is certain, you need a QB. You need a guy who is going to go out on the field with confidence and make the needed throws. Colt did not look like that at all this year. For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy. We need someone that knows he has the arm to make the throws that are needed to stretch the defense and to throw into tight coverage. Look our WR's aren't going to be open all the time, it's not going to happen regardless of how good a WR is. QB and WR's make each other great. And sometimes you just have to make that throw, and let the WR make a play. The greats have all done that.

    I would love to see Colt prove me wrong. He has a great head on his shoulders, and a great attitude, I'm just worried because he Digressed this year from last year. Shoot he even looked better in our preseason this year. Something changed and happend and he is going to have to figure that out.

    But as of right now we need someone with some swag, a little mojo. Colt didn't display that confidence this year that I want to see in a QB.

    @brownskidd said:

    #4 - RG3 please

    #22 - Kendal Wright WR - Baylor

    #22 is a tough call. We really need to shore up so many positions. We need to shore up our OL. I think we need that stud LB. RB might need looked at but I thought Chris Ogbonnaya made some great runs this year and showed potential. I like him a lot more than Hardesty at this point.

    One thing that is certain, you need a QB. You need a guy who is going to go out on the field with confidence and make the needed throws. Colt did not look like that at all this year. For someone with the name of "Colt" he was awefully gun shy. We need someone that knows he has the arm to make the throws that are needed to stretch the defense and to throw into tight coverage. Look our WR's aren't going to be open all the time, it's not going to happen regardless of how good a WR is. QB and WR's make each other great. And sometimes you just have to make that throw, and let the WR make a play. The greats have all done that.

    I would love to see Colt prove me wrong. He has a great head on his shoulders, and a great attitude, I'm just worried because he Digressed this year from last year. Shoot he even looked better in our preseason this year. Something changed and happend and he is going to have to figure that out.

    But as of right now we need someone with some swag, a little mojo. Colt didn't display that confidence this year that I want to see in a QB.

    I'll agree that Colt regressed- but I'm willing to give him one more season to "get it". Get him a real wr opposite Little, and fix the damn o-line. If he still sucks, we go QB in 2013. The Bengals did OK with Andy Dalton in the second round, no?

  • Hi! I'm new here, but I've been keeping up with the draft possibilities. I fully expect (and if you read the Redskins boards, so do they) for the Redskins to trade with St. Louis for the number 2 pick. Do we really want to get into a bidding war with the Redskins when we have so many other holes to fill? It's quite possible that Jeff Fisher will be the Rams next head coach and he just happens to be one of Mike Shanahan's very good friends. RG3 was interviewed about his favorite QB and his favorite team of all time and his answer was John Elway and the Denver Broncos when Shanahan coached. I'd bet that he'd relish the idea of being coached by the guy who coached his all-time favorite QB.

    Also, we do not need a QB and even if we do, we definitely have too many holes to fill to be getting into a bidding war with someone like Dan Snyder over one that doesn't fit our system in the first place and when we already have Colt McCoy (who I'd like to see the starting QB next year with more talent around him).

    I think the best scenario for us is to bring in Matt Flynn at QB and for the draft to go this way:

    1. Colts - Luck

    2. Redskins - RG3 (trade with Rams)

    3. Vikings - Kalil

    4. Browns - Blackmon

    22. Browns - Richardson

    Trading down is always an option, but I don't think the team should trade out of the top ten. I do think that after the combine the race between Blackmon, Jefferson and Floyd as far as who is the best receiver in the draft will be a lot closer so trading down with the Dolphins or Redskins could mean that we get extra picks in addition to a really good WR (I still think though that the Rams hold all the cards).

  • @brownskidd said:

    Agreed to a point. Our play calling sucked, but sometimes you have to pull the trigger and let it fly.

    I really think with the hiring of Childress will help McCoy A LOT. The best thing Shurmur did this year realize he can't call plays.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    I really think with the hiring of Childress will help McCoy A LOT. The best thing Shurmur did this year realize he can't call plays.

    I think I heard that Childress is interviewing for the HC job at Tampa.

  • Trading down has some advantages, but I would feel like cutting my right arm off we did that again and missed on RG3 or Blackmon. If RG3 is not there. We get Blackmon at #4. Than at #22 I would like to grab a stud Linebacker or shore up the right side of our OL.

  • Trading down has some advantages, but I would feel like cutting my right arm off we did that again and missed on RG3 or Blackmon. If RG3 is not there. We get Blackmon at #4. Than at #22 I would like to grab a stud Linebacker or shore up the right side of our OL.

    @brownskidd said:

    Trading down has some advantages, but I would feel like cutting my right arm off we did that again and missed on RG3 or Blackmon. If RG3 is not there. We get Blackmon at #4. Than at #22 I would like to grab a stud Linebacker or shore up the right side of our OL.

    I don't think there is a "if RG3 is not there at #4" option. He won't last to #4. The question is, are we willing to get into a bidding war with the Redskins or the Dolphins for him? John Clayton of ESPN who used to be a major part of the Skins organization and still has ties said that the Skins will trade up http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/john-clayton-predicts-redskins-will-trade-up-draft-robert-griffin-iii/2012/01/05/gIQABHztcP_blog.html

    I don't think it would make sense at all for the Browns to get into a bidding war when we don't have wide receivers, an offensive line, probably a starting running back, etc. If the Skins trade up, we have a very good chance of getting Blackmon as I don't think the Vikings would take him. If we traded down we could still probably get a good receiver, but who would we trade down with? Especially if the QB-needy teams are looking to trade with the Rams?

  • @brownskidd said:

    Trading down has some advantages, but I would feel like cutting my right arm off we did that again and missed on RG3 or Blackmon. If RG3 is not there. We get Blackmon at #4. Than at #22 I would like to grab a stud Linebacker or shore up the right side of our OL.

    I don't think there is a "if RG3 is not there at #4" option. He won't last to #4. The question is, are we willing to get into a bidding war with the Redskins or the Dolphins for him? John Clayton of ESPN who used to be a major part of the Skins organization and still has ties said that the Skins will trade up http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/john-clayton-predicts-redskins-will-trade-up-draft-robert-griffin-iii/2012/01/05/gIQABHztcP_blog.html

    I don't think it would make sense at all for the Browns to get into a bidding war when we don't have wide receivers, an offensive line, probably a starting running back, etc. If the Skins trade up, we have a very good chance of getting Blackmon as I don't think the Vikings would take him. If we traded down we could still probably get a good receiver, but who would we trade down with? Especially if the QB-needy teams are looking to trade with the Rams?

    @vizion said:

    I don't think there is a "if RG3 is not there at #4" option. He won't last to #4. The question is, are we willing to get into a bidding war with the Redskins or the Dolphins for him? John Clayton of ESPN who used to be a major part of the Skins organization and still has ties said that the Skins will trade up http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/john-clayton-predicts-redskins-will-trade-up-draft-robert-griffin-iii/2012/01/05/gIQABHztcP_blog.html

    I don't think it would make sense at all for the Browns to get into a bidding war when we don't have wide receivers, an offensive line, probably a starting running back, etc. If the Skins trade up, we have a very good chance of getting Blackmon as I don't think the Vikings would take him. If we traded down we could still probably get a good receiver, but who would we trade down with? Especially if the QB-needy teams are looking to trade with the Rams?

    you might be new here but you make more sense than a lot of people who've been here for a while.

    keep #4 and get blackmon or trade down.

    and what i saw of richardson last night doesn't inspire me to get him @ #22. who did jump off the screen last night was the LB hightower from alabama.

    if we could get a wr, lb and cb with the first 3 picks.............party over here!

  • @vizion said:

    I don't think there is a "if RG3 is not there at #4" option. He won't last to #4. The question is, are we willing to get into a bidding war with the Redskins or the Dolphins for him? John Clayton of ESPN who used to be a major part of the Skins organization and still has ties said that the Skins will trade up http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/john-clayton-predicts-redskins-will-trade-up-draft-robert-griffin-iii/2012/01/05/gIQABHztcP_blog.html

    I don't think it would make sense at all for the Browns to get into a bidding war when we don't have wide receivers, an offensive line, probably a starting running back, etc. If the Skins trade up, we have a very good chance of getting Blackmon as I don't think the Vikings would take him. If we traded down we could still probably get a good receiver, but who would we trade down with? Especially if the QB-needy teams are looking to trade with the Rams?

    you might be new here but you make more sense than a lot of people who've been here for a while.

    keep #4 and get blackmon or trade down.

    and what i saw of richardson last night doesn't inspire me to get him @ #22. who did jump off the screen last night was the LB hightower from alabama.

    if we could get a wr, lb and cb with the first 3 picks.............party over here!

    @miktoxic said:

    you might be new here but you make more sense than a lot of people who've been here for a while.

    keep #4 and get blackmon or trade down.

    and what i saw of richardson last night doesn't inspire me to get him @ #22. who did jump off the screen last night was the LB hightower from alabama.

    if we could get a wr, lb and cb with the first 3 picks.............party over here!

    I am not too fond of drafting RB's high, but I really think there is a very small chance that Hillis will still be here. If he isn't, and after reading Holmgren's interview, I think he views the key to any QB (specifically Colt's) success as a team having a strong running game so I can see him drafting Richardson. I think Hightower is a stud, I just don't know if he'll be around at #22. The Eagles really really need linebackers.

    I know that most people here are very pro-Blackmon, but what would people think of trading down and maybe getting Floyd and an extra offensive lineman with the pick we get from whoever we trade with? If we don't take Richardson but trade down with a team that really needs an RB, we could further build through the draft. I think we should use this draft to fill as many holes possible but still getting quality players who can be productive at skill positions.

  • Problem is no way does Richardson make it past the Bungles or Jets to Cleveland they would both jump on him before we got the chance and i wouldnt take him with the 4th pick, as far as the Washington trading with St.Louis there could be one peice that could unfold before the draft which is if Dan Snyder makes a play for Matt Flynn and dosent wanna waiger the possibility of working out a trade to get RG3,theres a good possiblity they couldnt and would you wanna take that bet. That might mean they would have to reach at 6 for Ryan Tannehill

    I think Washington Signs Flynn because they have never been afraid to spend money, or they could all throw us a curve ball and get Peyton Manning...

    But yes there is a good possiblity they could move up with St.Louis but nothing is set in stone, wait until after F/A first.

  • Problem is no way does Richardson make it past the Bungles or Jets to Cleveland they would both jump on him before we got the chance and i wouldnt take him with the 4th pick, as far as the Washington trading with St.Louis there could be one peice that could unfold before the draft which is if Dan Snyder makes a play for Matt Flynn and dosent wanna waiger the possibility of working out a trade to get RG3,theres a good possiblity they couldnt and would you wanna take that bet. That might mean they would have to reach at 6 for Ryan Tannehill

    I think Washington Signs Flynn because they have never been afraid to spend money, or they could all throw us a curve ball and get Peyton Manning...

    But yes there is a good possiblity they could move up with St.Louis but nothing is set in stone, wait until after F/A first.

    @nw220 said:

    Problem is no way does Richardson make it past the Bungles or Jets to Cleveland they would both jump on him before we got the chance and i wouldnt take him with the 4th pick, as far as the Washington trading with St.Louis there could be one peice that could unfold before the draft which is if Dan Snyder makes a play for Matt Flynn and dosent wanna waiger the possibility of working out a trade to get RG3,theres a good possiblity they couldnt and would you wanna take that bet. That might mean they would have to reach at 6 for Ryan Tannehill

    I think Washington Signs Flynn because they have never been afraid to spend money, or they could all throw us a curve ball and get Peyton Manning...

    But yes there is a good possiblity they could move up with St.Louis but nothing is set in stone, wait until after F/A first.

    You're probably right about Richardson not making it past the Bengals or the Jets.

    Tannenhill has a significant foot injury and won't be in the Senior Bowl. I think his best chance of impressing the Redskins and them possibly drafting him just went out the window.

    I actually expect Flynn to be a Brown. After the fiascos of McNabb, Grossman and Beck I don't think Shanahan is going to get another QB from another team. He traded up to get Jay Cutler when he really wanted him, I expect him to do the same this year. Holmgren has never drafted a QB in the first round and his history shows that he likes QB's who have some NFL experience. I am not completely sold on Flynn as I think two games is not enough of a sample size, but bringing him in to compete with McCoy isn't a terrible idea. He's only 26 years old too and learned under one of the best and most productive teams/offensive systems in football - a system not unlike the one they have been trying to implement here.

  • Luck goes to Indy, Blackmon to Rams, Kalil to Vikings

    #4- trade back with Seattle, of all teams, at #12 so they can surprisngly grab RG3. Acquire their 2nd round pick plus 1st or 2nd round pick in 2013.

    #12- Alshon Jeffery WR- USC, assuming he has a bad combine and is available. If not, Floyd will suffice.

    #22-Zach Brown OLB- UNC.

    #36-Vinny Curry DE- Marshall. Perfect rush end opposite Sheard.

    #44- Andrew Datko OT-FSU

  • Luck goes to Indy, Blackmon to Rams, Kalil to Vikings

    #4- trade back with Seattle, of all teams, at #12 so they can surprisngly grab RG3. Acquire their 2nd round pick plus 1st or 2nd round pick in 2013.

    #12- Alshon Jeffery WR- USC, assuming he has a bad combine and is available. If not, Floyd will suffice.

    #22-Zach Brown OLB- UNC.

    #36-Vinny Curry DE- Marshall. Perfect rush end opposite Sheard.

    #44- Andrew Datko OT-FSU

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Luck goes to Indy, Blackmon to Rams, Kalil to Vikings

    #4- trade back with Seattle, of all teams, at #12 so they can surprisngly grab RG3. Acquire their 2nd round pick plus 1st or 2nd round pick in 2013.

    #12- Alshon Jeffery WR- USC, assuming he has a bad combine and is available. If not, Floyd will suffice.

    #22-Zach Brown OLB- UNC.

    #36-Vinny Curry DE- Marshall. Perfect rush end opposite Sheard.

    #44- Andrew Datko OT-FSU

    Not bad Couch, only if Blackmon is gone though

    I saw your .gif and had to post this.

  • @vizion said:

    I don't think there is a "if RG3 is not there at #4" option. He won't last to #4. The question is, are we willing to get into a bidding war with the Redskins or the Dolphins for him? John Clayton of ESPN who used to be a major part of the Skins organization and still has ties said that the Skins will trade up http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/john-clayton-predicts-redskins-will-trade-up-draft-robert-griffin-iii/2012/01/05/gIQABHztcP_blog.html

    I don't think it would make sense at all for the Browns to get into a bidding war when we don't have wide receivers, an offensive line, probably a starting running back, etc. If the Skins trade up, we have a very good chance of getting Blackmon as I don't think the Vikings would take him. If we traded down we could still probably get a good receiver, but who would we trade down with? Especially if the QB-needy teams are looking to trade with the Rams?

    you might be new here but you make more sense than a lot of people who've been here for a while.

    keep #4 and get blackmon or trade down.

    and what i saw of richardson last night doesn't inspire me to get him @ #22. who did jump off the screen last night was the LB hightower from alabama.

    if we could get a wr, lb and cb with the first 3 picks.............party over here!

    @miktoxic said:

    you might be new here but you make more sense than a lot of people who've been here for a while.

    keep #4 and get blackmon or trade down.

    and what i saw of richardson last night doesn't inspire me to get him @ #22. who did jump off the screen last night was the LB hightower from alabama.

    if we could get a wr, lb and cb with the first 3 picks.............party over here!

    I agree with taking Blackmon or trading down (for another 2nd rounder). But I still think Heckert will want to grab a DE with our #22 pick. Nick Perry USC, Sam Montgomery LSU, and Whitney Mercilus could all be available to fix our need for another pass rusher at RE to complement Sheard. If we do trade down with our #4 overall pick to get another 2nd rounder, our draft could look like this:

    ?? WR (depend on who we trade down with - but still in the 1st round before our #22 pick)

    #22 DE

    #37 CB

    ?? RB (again this would depend on who we would trade down with- but still in the 2nd round)

    Then our 3rd and 4th rounders can be used on linebackers, another Wide receiver, and a QB. Unless Heckert again decides to trade away our 3rd rounder or one of our 4ths to move up a few spots in the 2nd round to grab a specific RB.. He has done this the past couple years so it wouldn't surprise me. Then we might have only a 3rd round or 4th round pick left to grab a LB or a QB..

  • Luck goes to Indy, Blackmon to Rams, Kalil to Vikings

    #4- trade back with Seattle, of all teams, at #12 so they can surprisngly grab RG3. Acquire their 2nd round pick plus 1st or 2nd round pick in 2013.

    #12- Alshon Jeffery WR- USC, assuming he has a bad combine and is available. If not, Floyd will suffice.

    #22-Zach Brown OLB- UNC.

    #36-Vinny Curry DE- Marshall. Perfect rush end opposite Sheard.

    #44- Andrew Datko OT-FSU

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Luck goes to Indy, Blackmon to Rams, Kalil to Vikings

    #4- trade back with Seattle, of all teams, at #12 so they can surprisngly grab RG3. Acquire their 2nd round pick plus 1st or 2nd round pick in 2013.

    #12- Alshon Jeffery WR- USC, assuming he has a bad combine and is available. If not, Floyd will suffice.

    #22-Zach Brown OLB- UNC.

    #36-Vinny Curry DE- Marshall. Perfect rush end opposite Sheard.

    #44- Andrew Datko OT-FSU

    This seems very possible. Heckert will want a WR and DE early in the draft. The only reason I don't think Heckert will draft a LB that high is I'm not convinced Brown will still be on the board for our #22 pick. Also if Hillis isn't resigned, we will need a RB at some point. But maybe we can wait until the 3rd or 4th round for that..

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Luck goes to Indy, Blackmon to Rams, Kalil to Vikings

    #4- trade back with Seattle, of all teams, at #12 so they can surprisngly grab RG3. Acquire their 2nd round pick plus 1st or 2nd round pick in 2013.

    #12- Alshon Jeffery WR- USC, assuming he has a bad combine and is available. If not, Floyd will suffice.

    #22-Zach Brown OLB- UNC.

    #36-Vinny Curry DE- Marshall. Perfect rush end opposite Sheard.

    #44- Andrew Datko OT-FSU

    This seems very possible. Heckert will want a WR and DE early in the draft. The only reason I don't think Heckert will draft a LB that high is I'm not convinced Brown will still be on the board for our #22 pick. Also if Hillis isn't resigned, we will need a RB at some point. But maybe we can wait until the 3rd or 4th round for that..

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    This seems very possible. Heckert will want a WR and DE early in the draft. The only reason I don't think Heckert will draft a LB that high is I'm not convinced Brown will still be on the board for our #22 pick. Also if Hillis isn't resigned, we will need a RB at some point. But maybe we can wait until the 3rd or 4th round for that..

    Do we know for sure that Trent Richardson is not going to declare for the draft ?

  • @miktoxic said:

    you might be new here but you make more sense than a lot of people who've been here for a while.

    keep #4 and get blackmon or trade down.

    and what i saw of richardson last night doesn't inspire me to get him @ #22. who did jump off the screen last night was the LB hightower from alabama.

    if we could get a wr, lb and cb with the first 3 picks.............party over here!

    I am not too fond of drafting RB's high, but I really think there is a very small chance that Hillis will still be here. If he isn't, and after reading Holmgren's interview, I think he views the key to any QB (specifically Colt's) success as a team having a strong running game so I can see him drafting Richardson. I think Hightower is a stud, I just don't know if he'll be around at #22. The Eagles really really need linebackers.

    I know that most people here are very pro-Blackmon, but what would people think of trading down and maybe getting Floyd and an extra offensive lineman with the pick we get from whoever we trade with? If we don't take Richardson but trade down with a team that really needs an RB, we could further build through the draft. I think we should use this draft to fill as many holes possible but still getting quality players who can be productive at skill positions.

    @vizion said:

    I am not too fond of drafting RB's high, but I really think there is a very small chance that Hillis will still be here. If he isn't, and after reading Holmgren's interview, I think he views the key to any QB (specifically Colt's) success as a team having a strong running game so I can see him drafting Richardson. I think Hightower is a stud, I just don't know if he'll be around at #22. The Eagles really really need linebackers.

    I know that most people here are very pro-Blackmon, but what would people think of trading down and maybe getting Floyd and an extra offensive lineman with the pick we get from whoever we trade with? If we don't take Richardson but trade down with a team that really needs an RB, we could further build through the draft. I think we should use this draft to fill as many holes possible but still getting quality players who can be productive at skill positions.

    You are 110% correct in your feeling about drafting RB's high. They are a dime a dozen. This year there were 14 RB's with over 1,000 and there would have been more if it weren't for injuries to guys like McFadden and Peterson.

    If you go down the list of top rated RB's you don't see a high drafted RB there. Look at the Browns roster, there isn't a high rounder in the bunch and if it weren't for injuries and drama, we could have easily had a 1,000 yard rusher on our team.

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    This seems very possible. Heckert will want a WR and DE early in the draft. The only reason I don't think Heckert will draft a LB that high is I'm not convinced Brown will still be on the board for our #22 pick. Also if Hillis isn't resigned, we will need a RB at some point. But maybe we can wait until the 3rd or 4th round for that..

    Do we know for sure that Trent Richardson is not going to declare for the draft ?

    @brownindian said:

    Do we know for sure that Trent Richardson is not going to declare for the draft ?

    If I were Richardson I'd stay back to try to make people forget about that crap ass performance last night.

  • Luck goes to Indy, Blackmon to Rams, Kalil to Vikings

    #4- trade back with Seattle, of all teams, at #12 so they can surprisngly grab RG3. Acquire their 2nd round pick plus 1st or 2nd round pick in 2013.

    #12- Alshon Jeffery WR- USC, assuming he has a bad combine and is available. If not, Floyd will suffice.

    #22-Zach Brown OLB- UNC.

    #36-Vinny Curry DE- Marshall. Perfect rush end opposite Sheard.

    #44- Andrew Datko OT-FSU

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Luck goes to Indy, Blackmon to Rams, Kalil to Vikings

    #4- trade back with Seattle, of all teams, at #12 so they can surprisngly grab RG3. Acquire their 2nd round pick plus 1st or 2nd round pick in 2013.

    #12- Alshon Jeffery WR- USC, assuming he has a bad combine and is available. If not, Floyd will suffice.

    #22-Zach Brown OLB- UNC.

    #36-Vinny Curry DE- Marshall. Perfect rush end opposite Sheard.

    #44- Andrew Datko OT-FSU

    Moving up those few spots wouldn't warrant a #1 at all, we'd swap 1's and probably grab a 2 this year. But that would crazy to give up that pick for a 2nd rounder.

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    This seems very possible. Heckert will want a WR and DE early in the draft. The only reason I don't think Heckert will draft a LB that high is I'm not convinced Brown will still be on the board for our #22 pick. Also if Hillis isn't resigned, we will need a RB at some point. But maybe we can wait until the 3rd or 4th round for that..

    Do we know for sure that Trent Richardson is not going to declare for the draft ?

    @brownindian said:

    Do we know for sure that Trent Richardson is not going to declare for the draft ?

    He still could but Heckert won't use a 1st rounder on a runningback. So unless Richardson lasts until the 2nd round (unlikely), he won't be on the Browns next year..

  • Zombo said:

    Ryan Tannehill?

    What time did you start drinking the 'shine this morning?

    Zombo

    Man , I am from Tennessee. We do that all the time. Right??

    I like him.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Luck goes to Indy, Blackmon to Rams, Kalil to Vikings

    #4- trade back with Seattle, of all teams, at #12 so they can surprisngly grab RG3. Acquire their 2nd round pick plus 1st or 2nd round pick in 2013.

    #12- Alshon Jeffery WR- USC, assuming he has a bad combine and is available. If not, Floyd will suffice.

    #22-Zach Brown OLB- UNC.

    #36-Vinny Curry DE- Marshall. Perfect rush end opposite Sheard.

    #44- Andrew Datko OT-FSU

    Moving up those few spots wouldn't warrant a #1 at all, we'd swap 1's and probably grab a 2 this year. But that would crazy to give up that pick for a 2nd rounder.

    jparsh said:

    Moving up those few spots wouldn't warrant a #1 at all, we'd swap 1's and probably grab a 2 this year. But that would crazy to give up that pick for a 2nd rounder.

    It would warrant a #1 if Pete Carroll believes RG3 to be their franchise QB.

    If they were moving up for, say, a WR or a defensive player, then by no means would I expect a #1 in return. But franchise QB's are different. If RG3 is a QB that Carroll believes will be the face of the franchise for the next 10 years, and knowing full well that Washington will grab him at 5, Heckert holds all the chips. And you can be sure he'll get a future first for that pick.

    I don't believe our FA is sold on RG3, or any of the QB's in this draft. I feel they will either make a play for Flynn or draft Landry Jones next year. Assuming, of course, Washington doesn't sell the farm to move up to 2 and take RG3, I honestly believe we'll be in a perfect position to acquire more picks without having to move back 20 spaces.