Skip to content

Rg3 Declares For Nfl

The Browns Board
18 13 879
  • Well, as everybody knew would happen, Robert Griffin is entering the NFL.

    I don't want the Browns to trade up to get him, but I don't want them passing him up either. If he's there at 4, you HAVE to take him. Holmgren equated super bowls to QB's in the presser. When asked how long he thinks it will take to get us to super bowl level, he said that it took GB 5 years but they had Favre in place year one. Then he said that it took Seattle 7 years but they didn't have their QB in place til year 3.

    This alone tells me the obvious, Holmgren knows that QB's are the key to winners. I see Colt as an experiment guy who if worked out, great, if not, no big loss. We weren't in the position to bring in a franchise guy at that point but now we are. Steinbach coming back will allow us to move Pinkson over to the right side and hopefully pick up a RT in the draft or free agency. Then we have money to pick up a free agent WR and plenty of chances in the draft.

    It's time to bring in RG3, our franchise guy. If he's gone, I can see that Texas AM kid being of some interest. But the problem is he's a reach at 4 and may not be there at 22. That means either trading up or down. Trading down would be tough because no guy in the draft besides RG3 and Luck would justify a team jumping up in the draft. So we'd have a hard time to selling off that pick on anyone else while getting an additional 2nd round pick for it.

    The next scenario would be trading up from 22 and that may cost too much, probably a 2 or 3 which would be tough to justify for another project guy. We seem to be in no mans land once again. I just wish that we would have gone 0-16 like I wanted then we'd be taking Luck and be next in line for a dynasty team.

  • The guy is an animal and would completely change the dynamics of the offense. He would be the new "bread/butter" that this team needs

  • from what I understand, over on OBR, Vinny the Fly indicated that the Browns will probably not take RGIII

  • it is supposedly a cute moniker used as an analogy as though he's a fly on the wall of the discussion rooms.

  • Matt Flynn or RG3 ? Who will be cheaper for the Browns ?

  • Matt Flynn or RG3 ? Who will be cheaper for the Browns ?

    @brownindian said:

    Matt Flynn or RG3 ? Who will be cheaper for the Browns ?

    Cheaper money wise? I would assume RG3 would be cheaper seeing as how the new CBA doesn't require teams to pay 40 billion dollars for an unproven rookie. I would think that Flynn would get upwards of 5 years worth around 45 to 50 million with a good portion guaranteed.

  • Not so fast my friends. I don't think the H&H are all that high on RGIII. (but of course they could be doing a smokescreen as these guys often do.)

    A am also not sure that they are going to give up on Colt quite yet. They may indeed be looking at providing McCoy with "weapons" to see how he does next year. Blackmon, maybe Lamar Miller, maybe LaMichael James.

    Or maybe Trent Richardson and Kenell Wright.

    And if Colt cannot improve next year with these weapons...then they get someone next year....when, except for Luck, the QB crop is likely to be better.

  • Not so fast my friends. I don't think the H&H are all that high on RGIII. (but of course they could be doing a smokescreen as these guys often do.)

    A am also not sure that they are going to give up on Colt quite yet. They may indeed be looking at providing McCoy with "weapons" to see how he does next year. Blackmon, maybe Lamar Miller, maybe LaMichael James.

    Or maybe Trent Richardson and Kenell Wright.

    And if Colt cannot improve next year with these weapons...then they get someone next year....when, except for Luck, the QB crop is likely to be better.

    @the-gipper said:

    Not so fast my friends. I don't think the H&H are all that high on RGIII. (but of course they could be doing a smokescreen as these guys often do.)

    A am also not sure that they are going to give up on Colt quite yet. They may indeed be looking at providing McCoy with "weapons" to see how he does next year. Blackmon, maybe Lamar Miller, maybe LaMichael James.

    Or maybe Trent Richardson and Kenell Wright.

    And if Colt cannot improve next year with these weapons...then they get someone next year....when, except for Luck, the QB crop is likely to be better.

    First off, I whole heartedly believe that they are done with Colt. I'd offer up a bet to anyone who differs in opinion to make it fun.

    Next, you may be right that HH aren't sold on Griffin, I'm not saying they are. Who knows besides them? But getting Richardson is completely out of the question. I see him dropping out of the top 10 with ease. I think the day of taking top 10 RB's is over.

    And my issue with waiting on Colt would be that if you surround him with a load of talent and make it to 8-8, then you remove yourself from the conversation for getting any of the top QB's next year. This is the year we have to get our guy. Whether it's RG3 or Flynn or whoever.

  • I dont want RG3...I just sense another over hyped QB that will inevitably flop..Atleast with Matt Flynn,We have seen him play against an NFL defense and play well.

  • Torn ACL in 2009. Change your opinions on the guy at all? I like him, has the ability. But can he take a hit? Hmmm.. something to think about, cause it's going to happen.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not so fast my friends. I don't think the H&H are all that high on RGIII. (but of course they could be doing a smokescreen as these guys often do.)

    A am also not sure that they are going to give up on Colt quite yet. They may indeed be looking at providing McCoy with "weapons" to see how he does next year. Blackmon, maybe Lamar Miller, maybe LaMichael James.

    Or maybe Trent Richardson and Kenell Wright.

    And if Colt cannot improve next year with these weapons...then they get someone next year....when, except for Luck, the QB crop is likely to be better.

    First off, I whole heartedly believe that they are done with Colt. I'd offer up a bet to anyone who differs in opinion to make it fun.

    Next, you may be right that HH aren't sold on Griffin, I'm not saying they are. Who knows besides them? But getting Richardson is completely out of the question. I see him dropping out of the top 10 with ease. I think the day of taking top 10 RB's is over.

    And my issue with waiting on Colt would be that if you surround him with a load of talent and make it to 8-8, then you remove yourself from the conversation for getting any of the top QB's next year. This is the year we have to get our guy. Whether it's RG3 or Flynn or whoever.

    jparsh said:

    First off, I whole heartedly believe that they are done with Colt. I'd offer up a bet to anyone who differs in opinion to make it fun.

    Next, you may be right that HH aren't sold on Griffin, I'm not saying they are. Who knows besides them? But getting Richardson is completely out of the question. I see him dropping out of the top 10 with ease. I think the day of taking top 10 RB's is over.

    And my issue with waiting on Colt would be that if you surround him with a load of talent and make it to 8-8, then you remove yourself from the conversation for getting any of the top QB's next year. This is the year we have to get our guy. Whether it's RG3 or Flynn or whoever.

    Stop trying to bet with everyone over an internet board.

    Oh and 8-8 sounds great for next year.

  • jparsh said:

    First off, I whole heartedly believe that they are done with Colt. I'd offer up a bet to anyone who differs in opinion to make it fun.

    Next, you may be right that HH aren't sold on Griffin, I'm not saying they are. Who knows besides them? But getting Richardson is completely out of the question. I see him dropping out of the top 10 with ease. I think the day of taking top 10 RB's is over.

    And my issue with waiting on Colt would be that if you surround him with a load of talent and make it to 8-8, then you remove yourself from the conversation for getting any of the top QB's next year. This is the year we have to get our guy. Whether it's RG3 or Flynn or whoever.

    Stop trying to bet with everyone over an internet board.

    Oh and 8-8 sounds great for next year.

    @typicalbrowns said:

    Stop trying to bet with everyone over an internet board.

    Oh and 8-8 sounds great for next year.

    I use to bet all the time on sports before all the restrictions made money transfer impossible and my local book dropped out. I used to travel to Vegas a few times a year and go around to different casinos around the country. I love a good bet, is that so bad? I'm confident in everything I say, I'm willing to put money on it to prove it.

  • He will suck in the NFL.

  • So you've never been to Vegas, that's cool.

  • jparsh

    change your sig, you are creeping out the internet.

  • I thought this may be a decent place for this. This is a rumor about the Browns moving up to No2 for RGIII. I would hate this as it would likely cost at least our second rounder, I feel like we can address more needs if we sit put. If Minnesota and StL stay put RGIII should fall to us anyways. If not that means Blackmon Kalil or Claiborne are there for us.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/17/the-first-robert-griffin-to-browns-trade-rumor-emerges/

    The Browns need a quarterback badly. They own the No. 4 overall pick in the 2012 draft.

    Browns coach Pat Shurmur already made some positive comments about Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III, so it was only a matter of time before a report emerged connecting the Browns to Griffin with something more tangible than speculation.

    As part of NFL.com’s ridiculously early mock draft party on Tuesday, Steve Wyche projects the Browns will trade up with the Rams for the No. 2 overall pick to take Griffin.

    “Cleveland needs Griffin — and wants him, according to league sources,” Wyche writes.

    He points out that the Browns have the most ammo of any team looking to move up, and the Rams would probably like to move down but stay in the top five.

    This is all way too early, but it makes a lot of sense. It makes so much sense that we expect to hear some variation of this rumor on a regular basis until late April.

  • yawn.

  • yawn.

    @miktoxic said:

    yawn.

    Yea, let's all get together and start a rumor. How about this one: RGIII died when he fell 60 feet off a cliff in New Zealand....oh, wait, that's Sean Connery.