Skip to content

Hire Hue Jackson As Oc

The Browns Board
16 11 817
  • He was just let go of the Raiders as they brought in their GM McKenzie and he wanted his own guy, I say the Browns bring him in as offensive coordinator.

    I love the guy's emotion and the passion that he brings, and he's a good offensive minded coach, he just didn't instill the most discipline in his players(a lot of dirty plays and NFL penalty record).

  • Whatever offense he runs is a lot more effective than the garbage they're running right now, they need to run best things regardless of what they used to run. they need to stop living in denial.

  • Zombo said:

    Chances are not good, he never coached in the WCO coaching tree.

    Zombo

    i don't know what tree Jackson came from, but if he can get our offense in situations of 2nd down and 4 or 5 yards to go rather than 9 or 10 yards to go, then i'm all for him.

  • Anything is better than what we put out there.. But I will agree that our choice will be a WCO guy. Question is does it come before or after the Draft?

  • Hue Jackson was a WR Coach for Cinci and I think a QB Coach for the Ravens... then moved on to OC the Raiders before becoming HC there.

    But he got a bit power hungry in Raider Land, and not sure I want another Grantham who tries to undermine the HC.

  • I also live in Minnesota, and if we get Chilly as our OC, I'm gonna cry. He never called plays in Philly, and did crap calling plays in Minnesota. He's no Reid.

  • I vote for Tom Clements...current Packers QB coach...groomer of both Rodgers and Flynn

  • Zombo said:

    I vote for a coup.

    Browns fans storm Berea headquaters and make Bernie Kosar OC for life...

    That dude could call a better game stone drunk than Shurmur could on his best day...

    Z

    HAHAHAH, the sad part is that this is true.

  • Zombo said:

    I vote for a coup.

    Browns fans storm Berea headquaters and make Bernie Kosar OC for life...

    That dude could call a better game stone drunk than Shurmur could on his best day...

    Z

    Amen Zombo!

  • I think Goolie should be OC, we could line up Thomas at RB so our best player can score touchdowns

  • Hue Jackson, the man responsible for one of the dumbest trades in NFL history? No thanks.

  • Hue Jackson, the man responsible for one of the dumbest trades in NFL history? No thanks.

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Hue Jackson, the man responsible for one of the dumbest trades in NFL history? No thanks.

    As far as I'm aware, Tom Heckert would remain the GM.

    I want him to playcall games, not make roster decisions.

  • Agree Hue would make a fine OC...

    Also agree it'll never happen because he's not a WCO guy...

    Also agree on Bernie...

    Guess I'm just in an agreeable mood today... but I'm sure it'll pass...

    Funny thing is that either Hue or Bernie might bring something fresh to the basic WCO approach. "Group-think" only leads to myopic staleness. A fresh view might bring something really good to the mix. As trite as it has become, there are benefits to "thinking outside of the box".

  • 1 reason why hue jackson would never be chosen by shurmur..

    1. he is very offensive minded and would deliver a plan and a playbook to match the available talent..

    Shurmy would get squirmy at the very thought of having an attack offense that works with available players..

  • he's also not sucking holmgren's cock.

  • @pumpkin-eater said:

    Hue Jackson, the man responsible for one of the dumbest trades in NFL history? No thanks.

    As far as I'm aware, Tom Heckert would remain the GM.

    I want him to playcall games, not make roster decisions.

    @beefjerky said:

    As far as I'm aware, Tom Heckert would remain the GM.

    I want him to playcall games, not make roster decisions.

    I don't care. Anyone dumb enough to make that trade doesn't deserve to be water boy.