Skip to content

Is There Anyone From Cleveland In The Place?

Locked The Browns Board
118 36 4.4k
  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Now I know why you sound like you do. Your fucking Retarded.

    No. Cleveland is one of the best places to live in the nation.

    The area has issues...but every area has issues.

    I did an extensive analysis....and discovered that in 10 areas of "quality of life" when comparing Cleveland to San Diego....it was Cleveland that was superior in 9 of the 10 categories.

    The only one it lost to SD on was "winter weather". Yea,, OK, but when it came to congestion, unemployment, crime, cost of living, cultural amenities etc. etc. Cleveland was better in every one....and better than most other places in the country as well.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @the-gipper said:

    No. Cleveland is one of the best places to live in the nation.

    The area has issues...but every area has issues.

    I did an extensive analysis....and discovered that in 10 areas of "quality of life" when comparing Cleveland to San Diego....it was Cleveland that was superior in 9 of the 10 categories.

    The only one it lost to SD on was "winter weather". Yea,, OK, but when it came to congestion, unemployment, crime, cost of living, cultural amenities etc. etc. Cleveland was better in every one....and better than most other places in the country as well.

    Who the fuck wants to live in California.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #65

    Zombo said:

    Are you still butt hurt that I don't like soccer?

    Zombo

    No your mom's butt hurt so I socked her.

  • jparsh said:

    Don't root for my team if you don't like Cleveland. Simple as that. I've been all over the country, have friends all over the world. And while most other countries stand head and shoulders above Amerikkka when you compare apples to apples within the US, Cleveland is one of the best places to live. No question.

    Don't root for YOUR team. Sorry Lerner. Jesus I root for the Browns cause I love the team, not the city. The Cavaliers could relocate and the Indian's could move down to AAA and I wouldn't bat an eye lash cause I don't give a shit about those teams. I also root for the Reds, but I hate the city of Cincy, and I love the Buckeye's even though that place is a shit hole filled with douchebags.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Don't root for YOUR team. Sorry Lerner. Jesus I root for the Browns cause I love the team, not the city. The Cavaliers could relocate and the Indian's could move down to AAA and I wouldn't bat an eye lash cause I don't give a shit about those teams. I also root for the Reds, but I hate the city of Cincy, and I love the Buckeye's even though that place is a shit hole filled with douchebags.

    I happen to think somewhat the opposite. I root for the Browns because they are the Cleveland Browns. If they had built a stadium in Strongsville...or Richfield...or Akron or Canton they still would have been my team as I consider them really as the "Northeast Ohio Browns". But I would have never rooted for the team if they were the "Baltimore Browns".

    There was once upon a time a team called The Cleveland Rams. Left here before I was born. But if they were still here I would have rooted for them. (the Browns would not likely have been here in that event).

    No, I am rooting for Cleveland/Northeast Ohio's teams...and that includes Indians and Cavs.

    I don't know yet whether I am on board with the Columbus BlueJackets. I am somewhat ambivalent....but I would prefer them to the Penguins or Redwings who may play nearly as close to here.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No. Cleveland is one of the best places to live in the nation.

    The area has issues...but every area has issues.

    I did an extensive analysis....and discovered that in 10 areas of "quality of life" when comparing Cleveland to San Diego....it was Cleveland that was superior in 9 of the 10 categories.

    The only one it lost to SD on was "winter weather". Yea,, OK, but when it came to congestion, unemployment, crime, cost of living, cultural amenities etc. etc. Cleveland was better in every one....and better than most other places in the country as well.

    Who the fuck wants to live in California.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Who the fuck wants to live in California.

    I'll take Sunny and 72 degrees 300 days out of the year over 5 months of a Cleveland winter. Other than that...I could honestly live either place and be happy. I've been here too long though to go back to freezing my nuts off all winter long.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No. Cleveland is one of the best places to live in the nation.

    The area has issues...but every area has issues.

    I did an extensive analysis....and discovered that in 10 areas of "quality of life" when comparing Cleveland to San Diego....it was Cleveland that was superior in 9 of the 10 categories.

    The only one it lost to SD on was "winter weather". Yea,, OK, but when it came to congestion, unemployment, crime, cost of living, cultural amenities etc. etc. Cleveland was better in every one....and better than most other places in the country as well.

    Who the fuck wants to live in California.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Who the fuck wants to live in California.

    It would completely depend on where. California is completely diverse. If you are in the Donner pass you might get 50 feet of snow. 60 miles away in Sacramento you have palm trees.

    You could be in LA and fight with 10 million others and have a 2 hour commute to work....or you can live near Chico and be a goat herder with no one around. You can live on the beach...if you can afford it....or live in the desert with nothing but cholla cacti to keep you company. My brother's stepson lives in Mammoth Lakes where he goes snowboarding on his off hours.

    I could see myself retiring there somewhere. Probably not in the major cities. Carmel would be wonderful. Unaffordable but wonderful.

    Also, FYI, I HAVE been to every state, to the largest 100 cities in the country, every national park in the lower 48....and to many places in between.

    Cleveland is fine....and so are a lot of these other places.

    Though, I am thinking of retiring to southern Ireland, but I will have to get a divorce first.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #69

    Zombo said:

    I over-shot when I referred to you as a ninth-grader.

    Zombo

    This is my favorite argument to watch.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I have lived elsewhere...I have lived in Cleveland, in the Akron area,and in Florida....and the answer is that Cleveland sucks no more monkey balls than anywhere else.

    If you are bored living here, that is because YOU are a boring person. Whatever issues you have they are your issues, not the issues with the town you live in. I have good friends who lived several years in LA. Where are they now? Back here in NE Ohio.

    Wrong Gip. People that live in Cleveland are miserable, they are a glutton for punishment. Plain and simple. It sucked when I moved back, twice (family was sick), now I have 60 degree heat down here on the Outer Banks and a 15 second walk to the beach from my house. I fish for yellow tail tuna, Clevelander's fish for 3 eyed perch. I got 1,000 20-25 year old hot Russian exchange students looking for a husband in the summers. We had one murder here, 5 years ago. Cleveland had a murder 5 minutes ago. I am sure you catch my drift. Sure home is where the heart is, but not when my heart is in a sinking economic depression, high crime rates, snow, cold, and the list goes on.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Wrong Gip. People that live in Cleveland are miserable, they are a glutton for punishment. Plain and simple. It sucked when I moved back, twice (family was sick), now I have 60 degree heat down here on the Outer Banks and a 15 second walk to the beach from my house. I fish for yellow tail tuna, Clevelander's fish for 3 eyed perch. I got 1,000 20-25 year old hot Russian exchange students looking for a husband in the summers. We had one murder here, 5 years ago. Cleveland had a murder 5 minutes ago. I am sure you catch my drift. Sure home is where the heart is, but not when my heart is in a sinking economic depression, high crime rates, snow, cold, and the list goes on.

    The only reason Cleveland sucks to you is because you have a bad attitude about it.

    FYI, I was booked into having a vacation in the Outer Banks last summer....I canceled it and got someone else to take my unit because I realized the place would be nothing but a big bore. I don't fish....and unless I do get a divorce I have no use for 25 year old Russian babes....well, I might think of a use for them, but I doubt they are looking for 60 year old men.

    If you were miserable here in Cleveland, it is because you are a miserable person.

    I may not stay here when I retire because of the weather....but it won't be because of the cold and rain. Its just that I no longer see the value of shoveling snow....and I have trouble trying to walk on ice.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #71

    Did someone say something about Settler's Landing?:

    Google%20Image%20of%20Tailgate%20Spot.jpg

    Gee, all us assholes don't know anything about Settlers Landing. All we do is have our tailgate parties there.

    Maybe jparsh can join us next year.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    What an asshole. How's this for Cleveland roots, my great grandfather literally put the needle on the Terminal Tower, my grandmother was Jim Brown and George Steinbrenner's personal photographer and my other grandmother started AA for women in Cleveland.

    No we don't live there because it sucks monkey balls. Anyone that tells you different hasn't lived anywhere else.

    This guy is more annoying than Zombo.

    I have lived elsewhere...I have lived in Cleveland, in the Akron area,and in Florida....and the answer is that Cleveland sucks no more monkey balls than anywhere else.

    If you are bored living here, that is because YOU are a boring person. Whatever issues you have they are your issues, not the issues with the town you live in. I have good friends who lived several years in LA. Where are they now? Back here in NE Ohio.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @the-gipper said:

    I have lived elsewhere...I have lived in Cleveland, in the Akron area,and in Florida....and the answer is that Cleveland sucks no more monkey balls than anywhere else.

    If you are bored living here, that is because YOU are a boring person. Whatever issues you have they are your issues, not the issues with the town you live in. I have good friends who lived several years in LA. Where are they now? Back here in NE Ohio.

    RIGHT ON Gip. I have lived all over the world, Japan, Germany, Korea, Philippines, and all over the states. Cleveland is no worse or better then any. It's dipshits like kosar who can't hack it here because he is a pussy. Cleveland is cheap, easy traffic and the economy is getting better. I just landed a good job 2 months ago and life is good. And who in the fuck would want to live a a little strip of sand in NC? Not me.

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #73

    Its all about what people like. I lives in Canton and all over the Midwest. I'm just glad I ended up in Florida cuz I'm a puss and can't take the cold and gray long winter. I need sun!

  • R Represent wrote on last edited by
    #74

    Live on the westside, i know what your saying but there no need to argue with these guys from other areas they couldn't even list 5 streets in the inner city east or westside, but in that same breath i am sure i couldn't get 500 fans that do live in Cleveland into our own stadium for the games.

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #75

    He got a real purty mouth ain't he?

  • B baybrownsfan wrote on last edited by baybrownsfan
    #76

    So do I not count anymore because I go to Florida State University and live in Tallahassee despite being born in Lakewood and growing up in Westlake?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I have lived elsewhere...I have lived in Cleveland, in the Akron area,and in Florida....and the answer is that Cleveland sucks no more monkey balls than anywhere else.

    If you are bored living here, that is because YOU are a boring person. Whatever issues you have they are your issues, not the issues with the town you live in. I have good friends who lived several years in LA. Where are they now? Back here in NE Ohio.

    RIGHT ON Gip. I have lived all over the world, Japan, Germany, Korea, Philippines, and all over the states. Cleveland is no worse or better then any. It's dipshits like kosar who can't hack it here because he is a pussy. Cleveland is cheap, easy traffic and the economy is getting better. I just landed a good job 2 months ago and life is good. And who in the fuck would want to live a a little strip of sand in NC? Not me.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    RIGHT ON Gip. I have lived all over the world, Japan, Germany, Korea, Philippines, and all over the states. Cleveland is no worse or better then any. It's dipshits like kosar who can't hack it here because he is a pussy. Cleveland is cheap, easy traffic and the economy is getting better. I just landed a good job 2 months ago and life is good. And who in the fuck would want to live a a little strip of sand in NC? Not me.

    I live on a little strip of sand in SC, and it's beautiful.

    By "little strip of sand", I mean nearly 70 miles of uninterrupted white sand.

  • Where are the people from Cleveland? Do all you losers live all over the country and just pretend to know shit about my city? I expected a CLEVELAND BROWNS message board to be a bunch of people from CLEVELAND. What a wild assumption of mine.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #78

    jparsh said:

    Where are the people from Cleveland? Do all you losers live all over the country and just pretend to know shit about my city? I expected a CLEVELAND BROWNS message board to be a bunch of people from CLEVELAND. What a wild assumption of mine.

    I think you have it backwards. The guys on this board that DON'T live in Cleveland are the most hardcore knowledgeable fans you'd ever want to meet. This board has people on it from all over the country, and other countries.

    Yeah, grew up in Cleveland, graduated from the University of Dayton, got offered a job right out of school and many years later, I'm still here- surrounded by dumb ass fairweather Bengals fans. BTW, I have season tickets- so going to the game involves a 210 mile drive, not a 10 minute commute from W117th and Madison. There's several other guys in the Dayton Browns Backers with season tickets too- funny thing is most of them didn't grow up in Cleveland. And for this group, a three hour drive is hardly special. Ballpeen's got me beat by about 380 miles when he heads up from Tennessee for a game, and our British Browns backers have a 9 hour plane ride to get over here for a game.

    So I hope I've enlightened you a tad on what it means to be a "Cleveland Browns Fan".

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Who the fuck wants to live in California.

    I'll take Sunny and 72 degrees 300 days out of the year over 5 months of a Cleveland winter. Other than that...I could honestly live either place and be happy. I've been here too long though to go back to freezing my nuts off all winter long.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @mark-o said:

    I'll take Sunny and 72 degrees 300 days out of the year over 5 months of a Cleveland winter. Other than that...I could honestly live either place and be happy. I've been here too long though to go back to freezing my nuts off all winter long.

    That's pretty much where I am at.

    I love Cleveland and stick up for it every chance I get, but wouldn't want to live there again....at least in the winter.

    Why deal with that if you have a choice??

    It's why I like Tennessee. Mild, short winters, though it's pretty darn cold this morning....28 degrees. Just enough winter to let you know it's winter, but mild enough I can usually get out to play some golf at least 4-5 times in both January and February. A few cold days followed by 3-4 days with temps in the low-mid 50's.

    A two month winter.....Jan and Feb...the rest of the "winter" months offer plenty of days that reach the 60's.

  • Where are the people from Cleveland? Do all you losers live all over the country and just pretend to know shit about my city? I expected a CLEVELAND BROWNS message board to be a bunch of people from CLEVELAND. What a wild assumption of mine.

    kamac19K kamac19 wrote on last edited by
    #80

    jparsh said:

    Where are the people from Cleveland? Do all you losers live all over the country and just pretend to know shit about my city? I expected a CLEVELAND BROWNS message board to be a bunch of people from CLEVELAND. What a wild assumption of mine.

    Like has been said before, there are plenty of us "out of towners" (or Country), that luv the Browns and have been very passionate about the Browns and hell the City itself in my case. The few of us on this board from UK, will likely only been of a great knowlege of the Browns when our TV companies starting showing Football, back in early/Mid 80's. This is when I got into it and followed my Dad in supporting the Browns, Only after leaving High School and joining the Military was I able to pursue my passion in wanting to come and see the Browns for real, I I have tried to keep that passion going as much as possible, and will continue to do so. My first incline once I retire from the Military after 22 years service this August, will be to look at and plan a longer trip to the US to watch the Browns both at Home and Away. below is a list of Games I have been to, and I am sure there are plenty Cleveland Browns fans Living in Cleveland itself that haven't been to as many games as the Likes of myself and others outside of Cleveland have been to. So it doesnt matter where you are from or Live now, if you are a Browns fan and have the passion to keep supporting them when we have been this bad for years, you are a real fan in my eyes.

    MyClevelandTrips.jpg

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Now I know why you sound like you do. Your fucking Retarded.

    No. Cleveland is one of the best places to live in the nation.

    The area has issues...but every area has issues.

    I did an extensive analysis....and discovered that in 10 areas of "quality of life" when comparing Cleveland to San Diego....it was Cleveland that was superior in 9 of the 10 categories.

    The only one it lost to SD on was "winter weather". Yea,, OK, but when it came to congestion, unemployment, crime, cost of living, cultural amenities etc. etc. Cleveland was better in every one....and better than most other places in the country as well.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @the-gipper said:

    No. Cleveland is one of the best places to live in the nation.

    I did an extensive analysis....and discovered that in 10 areas of "quality of life" when comparing Cleveland to San Diego....it was Cleveland that was superior in 9 of the 10 categories.

    The only one it lost to SD on was "winter weather". Yea,, OK, but when it came to congestion, unemployment, crime, cost of living, cultural amenities etc. etc. Cleveland was better in every one....and better than most other places in the country as well.

    So does the guy that lives in Wadsworth prefer "Best Location in the Nation" over

    "City on America's North Coast" and

    "If NY is the Big Apple, then Cleveland's a Plum"?

    Not to rob you of a hobby, but Money Magazine has done the same survey for years... In 2011 Solon ranked #3. Cleveland ranked #>100... along with San Diego and 99% of America's Big Cities. But Money Mag probably lacks your objectivity. So let's look at other sources and bigger city lists:

    - Parents Magazine ranked CLE #64 on their 2011 list of Best Cities to Raise a Family;

    - Not in Market Watch's Top Ten Cities to Live; and

    - Not on Kiplinger's Top ten Values Cities List.

    But CLE did top one list by Forbe's ... http://realestate.msn.com/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=23468266

    Look... I love Cleveland... and, yes, it has a lot more going for it than most people appreciate (sports teams, museums, Symphony Orch./ Sev Hall/ U Circle/ RTA/ "The Emerald Necklace"/ Little Italy...), but get real.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Cleveland is cheap, easy traffic and the economy is getting better.

    I love Cleveland, but it is expensive compared to Texas, albeit the crash has gone far toward equalizing housing costs.

    Love the Popeye Avatar...

    @represent said:

    ... these guys from other areas they couldn't even list 5 streets in the inner city east or westside...

    Easy... E 9th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 21st... 😛

  • Live on the westside, i know what your saying but there no need to argue with these guys from other areas they couldn't even list 5 streets in the inner city east or westside, but in that same breath i am sure i couldn't get 500 fans that do live in Cleveland into our own stadium for the games.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @represent said:

    Live on the westside, i know what your saying but there no need to argue with these guys from other areas they couldn't even list 5 streets in the inner city east or westside, but in that same breath i am sure i couldn't get 500 fans that do live in Cleveland into our own stadium for the games.

    Ontario, Carnegie, Detroit, Superior. Short Vincent (you may not even know about that one).

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    RIGHT ON Gip. I have lived all over the world, Japan, Germany, Korea, Philippines, and all over the states. Cleveland is no worse or better then any. It's dipshits like kosar who can't hack it here because he is a pussy. Cleveland is cheap, easy traffic and the economy is getting better. I just landed a good job 2 months ago and life is good. And who in the fuck would want to live a a little strip of sand in NC? Not me.

    I live on a little strip of sand in SC, and it's beautiful.

    By "little strip of sand", I mean nearly 70 miles of uninterrupted white sand.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I live on a little strip of sand in SC, and it's beautiful.

    By "little strip of sand", I mean nearly 70 miles of uninterrupted white sand.

    There is nothing wrong with that, if that is what you want. I might want that myself here eventually.

    but just because I live in a area like that doesn't mean I would be miserable elsewhere. the snow is blowing sideways out my window right now, and it is not a pleasant thought having to go out in it.....but then I wouldn't want to have to be in a hurricane where it is someone's rooftop that is blowing sideways out my window either.