Is There Anyone From Cleveland In The Place?
-
What an asshole. How's this for Cleveland roots, my great grandfather literally put the needle on the Terminal Tower, my grandmother was Jim Brown and George Steinbrenner's personal photographer and my other grandmother started AA for women in Cleveland.
No we don't live there because it sucks monkey balls. Anyone that tells you different hasn't lived anywhere else.
This guy is more annoying than Zombo.
I have lived elsewhere...I have lived in Cleveland, in the Akron area,and in Florida....and the answer is that Cleveland sucks no more monkey balls than anywhere else.
If you are bored living here, that is because YOU are a boring person. Whatever issues you have they are your issues, not the issues with the town you live in. I have good friends who lived several years in LA. Where are they now? Back here in NE Ohio.
I have lived elsewhere...I have lived in Cleveland, in the Akron area,and in Florida....and the answer is that Cleveland sucks no more monkey balls than anywhere else.
If you are bored living here, that is because YOU are a boring person. Whatever issues you have they are your issues, not the issues with the town you live in. I have good friends who lived several years in LA. Where are they now? Back here in NE Ohio.
RIGHT ON Gip. I have lived all over the world, Japan, Germany, Korea, Philippines, and all over the states. Cleveland is no worse or better then any. It's dipshits like kosar who can't hack it here because he is a pussy. Cleveland is cheap, easy traffic and the economy is getting better. I just landed a good job 2 months ago and life is good. And who in the fuck would want to live a a little strip of sand in NC? Not me.
-
Its all about what people like. I lives in Canton and all over the Midwest. I'm just glad I ended up in Florida cuz I'm a puss and can't take the cold and gray long winter. I need sun!
-
Live on the westside, i know what your saying but there no need to argue with these guys from other areas they couldn't even list 5 streets in the inner city east or westside, but in that same breath i am sure i couldn't get 500 fans that do live in Cleveland into our own stadium for the games.
-
He got a real purty mouth ain't he?
-
So do I not count anymore because I go to Florida State University and live in Tallahassee despite being born in Lakewood and growing up in Westlake?
-
I have lived elsewhere...I have lived in Cleveland, in the Akron area,and in Florida....and the answer is that Cleveland sucks no more monkey balls than anywhere else.
If you are bored living here, that is because YOU are a boring person. Whatever issues you have they are your issues, not the issues with the town you live in. I have good friends who lived several years in LA. Where are they now? Back here in NE Ohio.
RIGHT ON Gip. I have lived all over the world, Japan, Germany, Korea, Philippines, and all over the states. Cleveland is no worse or better then any. It's dipshits like kosar who can't hack it here because he is a pussy. Cleveland is cheap, easy traffic and the economy is getting better. I just landed a good job 2 months ago and life is good. And who in the fuck would want to live a a little strip of sand in NC? Not me.
RIGHT ON Gip. I have lived all over the world, Japan, Germany, Korea, Philippines, and all over the states. Cleveland is no worse or better then any. It's dipshits like kosar who can't hack it here because he is a pussy. Cleveland is cheap, easy traffic and the economy is getting better. I just landed a good job 2 months ago and life is good. And who in the fuck would want to live a a little strip of sand in NC? Not me.
I live on a little strip of sand in SC, and it's beautiful.
By "little strip of sand", I mean nearly 70 miles of uninterrupted white sand.
-
Where are the people from Cleveland? Do all you losers live all over the country and just pretend to know shit about my city? I expected a CLEVELAND BROWNS message board to be a bunch of people from CLEVELAND. What a wild assumption of mine.
jparsh said:
Where are the people from Cleveland? Do all you losers live all over the country and just pretend to know shit about my city? I expected a CLEVELAND BROWNS message board to be a bunch of people from CLEVELAND. What a wild assumption of mine.
I think you have it backwards. The guys on this board that DON'T live in Cleveland are the most hardcore knowledgeable fans you'd ever want to meet. This board has people on it from all over the country, and other countries.
Yeah, grew up in Cleveland, graduated from the University of Dayton, got offered a job right out of school and many years later, I'm still here- surrounded by dumb ass fairweather Bengals fans. BTW, I have season tickets- so going to the game involves a 210 mile drive, not a 10 minute commute from W117th and Madison. There's several other guys in the Dayton Browns Backers with season tickets too- funny thing is most of them didn't grow up in Cleveland. And for this group, a three hour drive is hardly special. Ballpeen's got me beat by about 380 miles when he heads up from Tennessee for a game, and our British Browns backers have a 9 hour plane ride to get over here for a game.
So I hope I've enlightened you a tad on what it means to be a "Cleveland Browns Fan".
-
Who the fuck wants to live in California.
I'll take Sunny and 72 degrees 300 days out of the year over 5 months of a Cleveland winter. Other than that...I could honestly live either place and be happy. I've been here too long though to go back to freezing my nuts off all winter long.
I'll take Sunny and 72 degrees 300 days out of the year over 5 months of a Cleveland winter. Other than that...I could honestly live either place and be happy. I've been here too long though to go back to freezing my nuts off all winter long.
That's pretty much where I am at.
I love Cleveland and stick up for it every chance I get, but wouldn't want to live there again....at least in the winter.
Why deal with that if you have a choice??
It's why I like Tennessee. Mild, short winters, though it's pretty darn cold this morning....28 degrees. Just enough winter to let you know it's winter, but mild enough I can usually get out to play some golf at least 4-5 times in both January and February. A few cold days followed by 3-4 days with temps in the low-mid 50's.
A two month winter.....Jan and Feb...the rest of the "winter" months offer plenty of days that reach the 60's.
-
Where are the people from Cleveland? Do all you losers live all over the country and just pretend to know shit about my city? I expected a CLEVELAND BROWNS message board to be a bunch of people from CLEVELAND. What a wild assumption of mine.
jparsh said:
Where are the people from Cleveland? Do all you losers live all over the country and just pretend to know shit about my city? I expected a CLEVELAND BROWNS message board to be a bunch of people from CLEVELAND. What a wild assumption of mine.
Like has been said before, there are plenty of us "out of towners" (or Country), that luv the Browns and have been very passionate about the Browns and hell the City itself in my case. The few of us on this board from UK, will likely only been of a great knowlege of the Browns when our TV companies starting showing Football, back in early/Mid 80's. This is when I got into it and followed my Dad in supporting the Browns, Only after leaving High School and joining the Military was I able to pursue my passion in wanting to come and see the Browns for real, I I have tried to keep that passion going as much as possible, and will continue to do so. My first incline once I retire from the Military after 22 years service this August, will be to look at and plan a longer trip to the US to watch the Browns both at Home and Away. below is a list of Games I have been to, and I am sure there are plenty Cleveland Browns fans Living in Cleveland itself that haven't been to as many games as the Likes of myself and others outside of Cleveland have been to. So it doesnt matter where you are from or Live now, if you are a Browns fan and have the passion to keep supporting them when we have been this bad for years, you are a real fan in my eyes.

-
Now I know why you sound like you do. Your fucking Retarded.
No. Cleveland is one of the best places to live in the nation.
The area has issues...but every area has issues.
I did an extensive analysis....and discovered that in 10 areas of "quality of life" when comparing Cleveland to San Diego....it was Cleveland that was superior in 9 of the 10 categories.
The only one it lost to SD on was "winter weather". Yea,, OK, but when it came to congestion, unemployment, crime, cost of living, cultural amenities etc. etc. Cleveland was better in every one....and better than most other places in the country as well.
No. Cleveland is one of the best places to live in the nation.
I did an extensive analysis....and discovered that in 10 areas of "quality of life" when comparing Cleveland to San Diego....it was Cleveland that was superior in 9 of the 10 categories.
The only one it lost to SD on was "winter weather". Yea,, OK, but when it came to congestion, unemployment, crime, cost of living, cultural amenities etc. etc. Cleveland was better in every one....and better than most other places in the country as well.
So does the guy that lives in Wadsworth prefer "Best Location in the Nation" over
"City on America's North Coast" and
"If NY is the Big Apple, then Cleveland's a Plum"?
Not to rob you of a hobby, but Money Magazine has done the same survey for years... In 2011 Solon ranked #3. Cleveland ranked #>100... along with San Diego and 99% of America's Big Cities. But Money Mag probably lacks your objectivity. So let's look at other sources and bigger city lists:
- Parents Magazine ranked CLE #64 on their 2011 list of Best Cities to Raise a Family;
- Not in Market Watch's Top Ten Cities to Live; and
- Not on Kiplinger's Top ten Values Cities List.
But CLE did top one list by Forbe's ... http://realestate.msn.com/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=23468266
Look... I love Cleveland... and, yes, it has a lot more going for it than most people appreciate (sports teams, museums, Symphony Orch./ Sev Hall/ U Circle/ RTA/ "The Emerald Necklace"/ Little Italy...), but get real.
Cleveland is cheap, easy traffic and the economy is getting better.
I love Cleveland, but it is expensive compared to Texas, albeit the crash has gone far toward equalizing housing costs.
Love the Popeye Avatar...
... these guys from other areas they couldn't even list 5 streets in the inner city east or westside...
Easy... E 9th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 21st...

-
Live on the westside, i know what your saying but there no need to argue with these guys from other areas they couldn't even list 5 streets in the inner city east or westside, but in that same breath i am sure i couldn't get 500 fans that do live in Cleveland into our own stadium for the games.
Live on the westside, i know what your saying but there no need to argue with these guys from other areas they couldn't even list 5 streets in the inner city east or westside, but in that same breath i am sure i couldn't get 500 fans that do live in Cleveland into our own stadium for the games.
Ontario, Carnegie, Detroit, Superior. Short Vincent (you may not even know about that one).
-
RIGHT ON Gip. I have lived all over the world, Japan, Germany, Korea, Philippines, and all over the states. Cleveland is no worse or better then any. It's dipshits like kosar who can't hack it here because he is a pussy. Cleveland is cheap, easy traffic and the economy is getting better. I just landed a good job 2 months ago and life is good. And who in the fuck would want to live a a little strip of sand in NC? Not me.
I live on a little strip of sand in SC, and it's beautiful.
By "little strip of sand", I mean nearly 70 miles of uninterrupted white sand.
I live on a little strip of sand in SC, and it's beautiful.
By "little strip of sand", I mean nearly 70 miles of uninterrupted white sand.
There is nothing wrong with that, if that is what you want. I might want that myself here eventually.
but just because I live in a area like that doesn't mean I would be miserable elsewhere. the snow is blowing sideways out my window right now, and it is not a pleasant thought having to go out in it.....but then I wouldn't want to have to be in a hurricane where it is someone's rooftop that is blowing sideways out my window either.
-
jparsh said:
Where are the people from Cleveland? Do all you losers live all over the country and just pretend to know shit about my city? I expected a CLEVELAND BROWNS message board to be a bunch of people from CLEVELAND. What a wild assumption of mine.
Like has been said before, there are plenty of us "out of towners" (or Country), that luv the Browns and have been very passionate about the Browns and hell the City itself in my case. The few of us on this board from UK, will likely only been of a great knowlege of the Browns when our TV companies starting showing Football, back in early/Mid 80's. This is when I got into it and followed my Dad in supporting the Browns, Only after leaving High School and joining the Military was I able to pursue my passion in wanting to come and see the Browns for real, I I have tried to keep that passion going as much as possible, and will continue to do so. My first incline once I retire from the Military after 22 years service this August, will be to look at and plan a longer trip to the US to watch the Browns both at Home and Away. below is a list of Games I have been to, and I am sure there are plenty Cleveland Browns fans Living in Cleveland itself that haven't been to as many games as the Likes of myself and others outside of Cleveland have been to. So it doesnt matter where you are from or Live now, if you are a Browns fan and have the passion to keep supporting them when we have been this bad for years, you are a real fan in my eyes.

Like has been said before, there are plenty of us "out of towners" (or Country), that luv the Browns and have been very passionate about the Browns and hell the City itself in my case. The few of us on this board from UK, will likely only been of a great knowlege of the Browns when our TV companies starting showing Football, back in early/Mid 80's. This is when I got into it and followed my Dad in supporting the Browns, Only after leaving High School and joining the Military was I able to pursue my passion in wanting to come and see the Browns for real, I I have tried to keep that passion going as much as possible, and will continue to do so. My first incline once I retire from the Military after 22 years service this August, will be to look at and plan a longer trip to the US to watch the Browns both at Home and Away. below is a list of Games I have been to, and I am sure there are plenty Cleveland Browns fans Living in Cleveland itself that haven't been to as many games as the Likes of myself and others outside of Cleveland have been to. So it doesnt matter where you are from or Live now, if you are a Browns fan and have the passion to keep supporting them when we have been this bad for years, you are a real fan in my eyes.

Congrats kamac. You have been to more Browns games in your life than I have...and I am only 35 miles away.
-
No. Cleveland is one of the best places to live in the nation.
I did an extensive analysis....and discovered that in 10 areas of "quality of life" when comparing Cleveland to San Diego....it was Cleveland that was superior in 9 of the 10 categories.
The only one it lost to SD on was "winter weather". Yea,, OK, but when it came to congestion, unemployment, crime, cost of living, cultural amenities etc. etc. Cleveland was better in every one....and better than most other places in the country as well.
So does the guy that lives in Wadsworth prefer "Best Location in the Nation" over
"City on America's North Coast" and
"If NY is the Big Apple, then Cleveland's a Plum"?
Not to rob you of a hobby, but Money Magazine has done the same survey for years... In 2011 Solon ranked #3. Cleveland ranked #>100... along with San Diego and 99% of America's Big Cities. But Money Mag probably lacks your objectivity. So let's look at other sources and bigger city lists:
- Parents Magazine ranked CLE #64 on their 2011 list of Best Cities to Raise a Family;
- Not in Market Watch's Top Ten Cities to Live; and
- Not on Kiplinger's Top ten Values Cities List.
But CLE did top one list by Forbe's ... http://realestate.msn.com/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=23468266
Look... I love Cleveland... and, yes, it has a lot more going for it than most people appreciate (sports teams, museums, Symphony Orch./ Sev Hall/ U Circle/ RTA/ "The Emerald Necklace"/ Little Italy...), but get real.
Cleveland is cheap, easy traffic and the economy is getting better.
I love Cleveland, but it is expensive compared to Texas, albeit the crash has gone far toward equalizing housing costs.
Love the Popeye Avatar...
... these guys from other areas they couldn't even list 5 streets in the inner city east or westside...
Easy... E 9th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 21st...

So does the guy that lives in Wadsworth prefer "Best Location in the Nation" over
"City on America's North Coast" and
"If NY is the Big Apple, then Cleveland's a Plum"?
Not to rob you of a hobby, but Money Magazine has done the same survey for years... In 2011 Solon ranked #3. Cleveland ranked #>100... along with San Diego and 99% of America's Big Cities. But Money Mag probably lacks your objectivity. So let's look at other sources and bigger city lists:
- Parents Magazine ranked CLE #64 on their 2011 list of Best Cities to Raise a Family;
- Not in Market Watch's Top Ten Cities to Live; and
- Not on Kiplinger's Top ten Values Cities List.
But CLE did top one list by Forbe's ... http://realestate.msn.com/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=23468266
Look... I love Cleveland... and, yes, it has a lot more going for it than most people appreciate (sports teams, museums, Symphony Orch./ Sev Hall/ U Circle/ RTA/ "The Emerald Necklace"/ Little Italy...), but get real.
I love Cleveland, but it is expensive compared to Texas, albeit the crash has gone far toward equalizing housing costs.
Love the Popeye Avatar...
Easy... E 9th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 21st...

Well, here is the thing....it was in response to a magazine article such as the one's you have done above that caused me to do my own independent research on the matter.
In doing that research I didn't compare Cleveland to every city in the country....only to a few....and when I did my final I matched it up against San Diego
So when I looked up say crime statistics. SD had worse crime. Congestion. SD had much longer commute times. Unemployment. SD had higher unemployment. I could go on. If you want to see my results, go to the Barber Shop Talk portion of this forum about 2 years back and you will find the entire thing...assuming it is still there.
And the one factor that was used: Sports team success....yes, Cleveland got bad marks. But SD got worse in that they haven't had a title since 1963 compared to the Browns in 1964.
-
Im from Cleveland. However, I hate the Browns with a burning passion! Yinz know what I'm talkin' 'bout. I've been roaming this board for years and one thing I know is most of the people on this board love the Browns and cant stand us Steelers fans. They do however let us trade jabs and that makes these peeps cool in my book.
This is weird. I've never seen a disgruntled fan poke on his own kind right from jump street. You gotta be impersonating a Browns fan or your other name is King Ghoolie.
Someone like you is a fucking FRAK and not worth the smegma that comes off our penises.
And FYI, we don't mind good, honest Western PA Steeler fans. They should naturally stand by their home. Guys like you are Benedict Arnold's. It would surprise me to find that you are an Al-Qaeda supporter.
Someone like you is a fucking FRAK and not worth the smegma that comes off our penises.
And FYI, we don't mind good, honest Western PA Steeler fans. They should naturally stand by their home. Guys like you are Benedict Arnold's. It would surprise me to find that you are an Al-Qaeda supporter.
Friends are hard to find and I'm glad you call yourself my friend.
-
Someone like you is a fucking FRAK and not worth the smegma that comes off our penises.
And FYI, we don't mind good, honest Western PA Steeler fans. They should naturally stand by their home. Guys like you are Benedict Arnold's. It would surprise me to find that you are an Al-Qaeda supporter.
Friends are hard to find and I'm glad you call yourself my friend.
Friends are hard to find and I'm glad you call yourself my friend.
A native NEOhioan who roots for the Steelers is a scumbag, plain and simple. A FRAK.
If it is any consolation to you, a native Pittsburgher that would root for the Browns would also be a scumbag, a FRAK if it makes you feel any better. (except of course there hasn't been any "front" for those sorts to run to lately).
-
What an asshole. How's this for Cleveland roots, my great grandfather literally put the needle on the Terminal Tower, my grandmother was Jim Brown and George Steinbrenner's personal photographer and my other grandmother started AA for women in Cleveland.
No we don't live there because it sucks monkey balls. Anyone that tells you different hasn't lived anywhere else.
This guy is more annoying than Zombo.
Don't root for my team if you don't like Cleveland. Simple as that. I've been all over the country, have friends all over the world. And while most other countries stand head and shoulders above Amerikkka when you compare apples to apples within the US, Cleveland is one of the best places to live. No question.
jparsh said:
Don't root for my team if you don't like Cleveland. Simple as that. I've been all over the country, have friends all over the world. And while most other countries stand head and shoulders above Amerikkka when you compare apples to apples within the US, Cleveland is one of the best places to live. No question.
Seriously Sunshine? Who the PHUK let you out of nut house? With every stroke of your keyboard you sound more assinine. First you want to divide Ohio, now you say most other countries stand head and shoulders above America? Do you need attention this bad? Wow! Then to top it off you post a pic of your life partner in your sig! Do you really thgink he wants linked to all your stupidity on here? I think you must be the kid who's ass I beat every day in junior high, just because!
-
-
-
you dont get it venom. we're the losers cause we post on the intertubes. he, however, isn't cause he has a life.....which apparently is comprised of trolling interweb forums. the irony is delectable.
you dont get it venom. we're the losers cause we post on the intertubes. he, however, isn't cause he has a life.....which apparently is comprised of trolling interweb forums. the irony is delectable.
Yea! He has a real life. He also has a woman's first name! JESSE, Jesse, friggen Jesse!!! EFFIN Westlake Queer!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login