Kokinis gets Kudos
-
Downside? He's apparently one of the dudes who chose Modell over Cleveland. That's a hard pill for me to swallow even today 13 years later.
And do what??? Go work in a steel mill that was going to shutter up in 2 years or go wait tables somewhere??
Be real man.
-
Downside? He's apparently one of the dudes who chose Modell over Cleveland. That's a hard pill for me to swallow even today 13 years later.
And do what??? Go work in a steel mill that was going to shutter up in 2 years or go wait tables somewhere??
Be real man.
And do what??? Go work in a steel mill that was going to shutter up in 2 years or go wait tables somewhere??
I'm pretty sure there were 29 other NFL Franchises in business back in early 1996. He was going to have to relocate anyway. Also any number of other sports franchises in other leagues where he could get a gig.
I'll be honest with you. I would have wanted EVERY SINGLE member of the Browns organization that was invited to join Scumdell in Baltiwhore to have turned him down flat. Those that didn't have a big strike against them IMO.
If he comes here, he owes us 150%.
Doug
-
And do what??? Go work in a steel mill that was going to shutter up in 2 years or go wait tables somewhere??
I'm pretty sure there were 29 other NFL Franchises in business back in early 1996. He was going to have to relocate anyway. Also any number of other sports franchises in other leagues where he could get a gig.
I'll be honest with you. I would have wanted EVERY SINGLE member of the Browns organization that was invited to join Scumdell in Baltiwhore to have turned him down flat. Those that didn't have a big strike against them IMO.
If he comes here, he owes us 150%.
Doug
I'm pretty sure there were 29 other NFL Franchises in business back in early 1996. He was going to have to relocate anyway. Also any number of other sports franchises in other leagues where he could get a gig.
I'll be honest with you. I would have wanted EVERY SINGLE member of the Browns organization that was invited to join Scumdell in Baltiwhore to have turned him down flat. Those that didn't have a big strike against them IMO.
If he comes here, he owes us 150%.
Doug
Seriously, its time to move past that. Can't hold things like that against people that kept their jobs. You gotta remember, these guys are under contract and can't just up and quit and go work for the next team.
-
Lerner had meetings with Accorsi and Mara in New York while he was doing his interviews. I would like to believe Accorsi led him in this direction.
-
Lerner had meetings with Accorsi and Mara in New York while he was doing his interviews. I would like to believe Accorsi led him in this direction.
Lerner had meetings with Accorsi and Mara in New York while he was doing his interviews. I would like to believe Accorsi led him in this direction.
I also heard that they were heavily involved in helping Lerner through the process.
-
Lerner had meetings with Accorsi and Mara in New York while he was doing his interviews. I would like to believe Accorsi led him in this direction.
I also heard that they were heavily involved in helping Lerner through the process.
-
Downside? He's apparently one of the dudes who chose Modell over Cleveland. That's a hard pill for me to swallow even today 13 years later.
And do what??? Go work in a steel mill that was going to shutter up in 2 years or go wait tables somewhere??
Be real man.
And do what??? Go work in a steel mill that was going to shutter up in 2 years or go wait tables somewhere??
Hey Thurston, any idea what one even does in a steel mill?Be real man.
Straight from the NFL to waiting tables? Geesh! Not quite the career lateral to drive your point with.
You want real?
You've got sell-out written across your forehead, Senator.
-
And do what??? Go work in a steel mill that was going to shutter up in 2 years or go wait tables somewhere??
I'm pretty sure there were 29 other NFL Franchises in business back in early 1996. He was going to have to relocate anyway. Also any number of other sports franchises in other leagues where he could get a gig.
I'll be honest with you. I would have wanted EVERY SINGLE member of the Browns organization that was invited to join Scumdell in Baltiwhore to have turned him down flat. Those that didn't have a big strike against them IMO.
If he comes here, he owes us 150%.
Doug
I'm pretty sure there were 29 other NFL Franchises in business back in early 1996. He was going to have to relocate anyway. Also any number of other sports franchises in other leagues where he could get a gig.
I'll be honest with you. I would have wanted EVERY SINGLE member of the Browns organization that was invited to join Scumdell in Baltiwhore to have turned him down flat. Those that didn't have a big strike against them IMO.
If he comes here, he owes us 150%.
Doug
I'm surrounded by Browns fans that feel the exact same way Doug, myself included. [cheers] Occasionally though I try to remind myself the coaches weren't fans and try to accept their callous choices, but that's still no excuse for Ozzie.
For the record my neighbor was wrong. Burning his jersey made me feel A HELL of a lot better!
-
And do what??? Go work in a steel mill that was going to shutter up in 2 years or go wait tables somewhere??
I'm pretty sure there were 29 other NFL Franchises in business back in early 1996. He was going to have to relocate anyway. Also any number of other sports franchises in other leagues where he could get a gig.
I'll be honest with you. I would have wanted EVERY SINGLE member of the Browns organization that was invited to join Scumdell in Baltiwhore to have turned him down flat. Those that didn't have a big strike against them IMO.
If he comes here, he owes us 150%.
Doug
I'll be honest with you. I would have wanted EVERY SINGLE member of the Browns organization that was invited to join Scumdell in Baltiwhore to have turned him down flat. Those that didn't have a big strike against them IMO.
If he comes here, he owes us 150%.
Doug
I understand the passion, but the reality is you don't just quit a job...especially doing whatever it was he was doing at the time. That is the reality. Quitting might show some loyalty, but it also shows a lack of judgment. Loyalty doesn't get you very far when the next wave of bills hits the mailbox.
Your comment about 150% makes me believe he will never be able to good enough for you since 100% is the most a person can give. Afterall, how does one give more than everything they have??
Again...I do understand your feelings, but I do think it's time to get over that.
If he is hired, I wish him well and hope he and the job become the perfect match.
Go Browns
-
Hey, when Accorsi starts talking, we all should listen! He knows what he is talking about. If he says Kokinis is able to do the job and do it well, then I hope Randy gets his checkbook ready for his interview with the guy!
I know he chose to leave with the team. Honestly...he didn't choose B-more over C-town. He chose his career over starting over! I would have done the same thing! Ozzie did too, but you would all take him back in a heartbeat! Get over it! It happened...12 YEARS AGO!...and now it's time to focus on this team!
I give Lerner a lot of credit for taking Ernie's advice and also for going out and getting what he wants in an experienced head coach. Yes, Cowher was his first choice and Pioli was behind that. But Cowher was never coming to Cleveland anyway. He has his head too far up Rooney's arse! And Pioli is dragging his feet! Not to mention, it appears that Manginin jumped Pioli on Randy's list the second the Jets let him go! Face it...Randy did what we all have been wanting him to do. He went after what he wanted for this team instead of waiting around until all he had left to choose from was ancient retreads and unproven coordinators and college coaches. None of us wanted that! Now, after Kokinis is signed, the Browns are right on track and can focus on the draft and free agency!
Props to Randy and Accorsi and the Mangini/Kokinis tandem!
-
Hey, when Accorsi starts talking, we all should listen! He knows what he is talking about. If he says Kokinis is able to do the job and do it well, then I hope Randy gets his checkbook ready for his interview with the guy!
I know he chose to leave with the team. Honestly...he didn't choose B-more over C-town. He chose his career over starting over! I would have done the same thing! Ozzie did too, but you would all take him back in a heartbeat! Get over it! It happened...12 YEARS AGO!...and now it's time to focus on this team!
I give Lerner a lot of credit for taking Ernie's advice and also for going out and getting what he wants in an experienced head coach. Yes, Cowher was his first choice and Pioli was behind that. But Cowher was never coming to Cleveland anyway. He has his head too far up Rooney's arse! And Pioli is dragging his feet! Not to mention, it appears that Manginin jumped Pioli on Randy's list the second the Jets let him go! Face it...Randy did what we all have been wanting him to do. He went after what he wanted for this team instead of waiting around until all he had left to choose from was ancient retreads and unproven coordinators and college coaches. None of us wanted that! Now, after Kokinis is signed, the Browns are right on track and can focus on the draft and free agency!
Props to Randy and Accorsi and the Mangini/Kokinis tandem!
Hey, when Accorsi starts talking, we all should listen! He knows what he is talking about. If he says Kokinis is able to do the job and do it well, then I hope Randy gets his checkbook ready for his interview with the guy!
I know he chose to leave with the team. Honestly...he didn't choose B-more over C-town. He chose his career over starting over! I would have done the same thing! Ozzie did too, but you would all take him back in a heartbeat! Get over it! It happened...12 YEARS AGO!...and now it's time to focus on this team!
I give Lerner a lot of credit for taking Ernie's advice and also for going out and getting what he wants in an experienced head coach. Yes, Cowher was his first choice and Pioli was behind that. But Cowher was never coming to Cleveland anyway. He has his head too far up Rooney's arse! And Pioli is dragging his feet! Not to mention, it appears that Manginin jumped Pioli on Randy's list the second the Jets let him go! Face it...Randy did what we all have been wanting him to do. He went after what he wanted for this team instead of waiting around until all he had left to choose from was ancient retreads and unproven coordinators and college coaches. None of us wanted that! Now, after Kokinis is signed, the Browns are right on track and can focus on the draft and free agency!
Props to Randy and Accorsi and the Mangini/Kokinis tandem!
Agreed.
I also feel that it's ridiculous to bash everyone who went to Baltimore with the team years ago. I guess maybe they all should have said, "Oh the HELL with my career & security for my family. I'll just sit here being supported by loyal Cleveland fans while I wait for the new team."

Now let's get into supporting what, IMHO, is a huge step up. I am also hoping the Kokinis rumors are true, but we may just have to wait until after the Super Bowl to find out.
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login