Baylor Wr Kendall Wright Rated #1, As Top Ten Wr ?
-
"Area scouts and sources" tell SI's Tony Pauline that "a lot of teams" have Baylor's Kendall Wright rated as the No. 1 wide receiver in the 2012 NFL draft.
Pauline reports that "several teams," including one NFC playoff club, have Wright rated higher than Oklahoma State's Justin Blackmon. Blackmon is a favorite of media draftniks, but he is likely to run in the 4.5s at 6-foot-1 and has a checkered off-field history. Wright is three inches smaller, but will likely time in the low-4.3s and has drawn comparisons to Carolina's Steve Smith for his combo of vertical skills and physicality in traffic. With the Senior Bowl just over a week away, Wright may be a sleeper to be drafted in the top ten.
-
Well that is bad news for the Browns who could have taken him at 22. I don't know if I'd rate him over Blackmon but I truly couldn't argue if you put him at #2.
-
I think it's a load of bullshit. Every year you hear this same crap, especially before workout and combine and it never happens.
-
I would enjoy a Browns 1st round of Blackmon and Wright - or RG3 and Wright.
-
I think it's a load of bullshit. Every year you hear this same crap, especially before workout and combine and it never happens.
Unless the Raiders get to choose, remember DHB?I think it's a load of bullshit. Every year you hear this same crap, especially before workout and combine and it never happens.
-
Unless the Raiders get to choose, remember DHB?I think it's a load of bullshit. Every year you hear this same crap, especially before workout and combine and it never happens.
-
If you think Little, MoMass and Cribbs will continue to develop then a speedy addition could make a lot more sense, be more complementary than Blackmon.
But how good can Wright be? Case has been made around here ad nauseum that RGIII was a one-man team surrounded by mediocre talent that he dragged to national prominence on his back, uphill, through a swamp by sheer force of the will of his blood, sweat and tears... or something like that...
-
-
I do think Heckert will take a long look at Wright because of his speed and toughness. I know everyone is comparing him to Steve Smith, but DeSean Jackson is also 5-10 with a 4.35 40. And Heckert picked him up as the eagles GM.
That's why I think we will try to trade down and get Wright (or some other WR with our first pick especially if H and H feel that Blackmon isn't the outright best WR). Then DE or LB with the #22 pick and have at least another 2nd rounder to use on a CB and RB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login