Skip to content

What We Have Seen Today

The Browns Board
27 19 1.8k
  • I hope we all saw today that Cleveland needs a QB that is going to have the balls to throw the tough pass to a WR that might not be "open" but let's them make a play. I hope Colt was watching or our next QB

  • Plus we also need WR's and TE's and not First round OLinesmen.

  • I like Watson and Moore... I just don't think we played them like we should and had the right play calling.

  • What we saw today was a truly offensive minded newbie HC and that is something we may not have..

  • I like these "What we need" posts after every playoff game.

    hahaha

  • what we saw today was one of the best defenses in the league. what are you blind?????

    GTFO here with your need another QB shit you little twerps. what was alex smith? a HC away from getting cut and if you had it your way you'd cut mccoy.

    dummies.

  • awesome safety play today. unreal linebackers. very good D

  • I hope we all saw today that Cleveland needs a QB that is going to have the balls to throw the tough pass to a WR that might not be "open" but let's them make a play. I hope Colt was watching or our next QB

    @brownskidd said:

    I hope we all saw today that Cleveland needs a QB that is going to have the balls to throw the tough pass to a WR that might not be "open" but let's them make a play. I hope Colt was watching or our next QB

    What we saw today was great coaching, Harbaugh had the balls to win this game not play for a field goal like Shurmur. It also told us that sometimes it takes a while to develop a great QB which Alex Smith was today. Personally I think we should upgrade the personnel around McCoy before moving to someone else.

  • interesting point.

  • That we could use some speed at linebacker!

  • I agree with all the points.. but let's agree, everything hinges on our QB. Look I want Colt to succeed, but he did not show the type of tenacity that you saw out of Brees, Smith or right now Brady. But you guys are right, these teams show us that we are so far away, that it's almost depressing.

  • I agree with all the points.. but let's agree, everything hinges on our QB. Look I want Colt to succeed, but he did not show the type of tenacity that you saw out of Brees, Smith or right now Brady. But you guys are right, these teams show us that we are so far away, that it's almost depressing.

    @brownskidd said:

    I agree with all the points.. but let's agree, everything hinges on our QB. Look I want Colt to succeed, but he did not show the type of tenacity that you saw out of Brees, Smith or right now Brady. But you guys are right, these teams show us that we are so far away, that it's almost depressing.

    not really. at least let's see what the next heckert draft and off-season FA can do for us.

    yeah FA. hopefully the FO WILL do something to upgrade a position here or there next year.

    i'm not a PROfessor of anything holmgren but i do think heckert is a GREAT GM.

    maybe we can all toast to a fresh, young start to next year cleveland browns' season.

  • I think Tenacity will come with confidence....which comes with experience and trusting his teammates and coaches....which also comes with continuity....which the Browns haven't had....until hopefully now.

  • You know what I saw today in the NE- Denver game? Brady had time to have lunch, and survey the field before he launched a pass. So don't tell me effective line play isn't important. Yeah- he has good skill players too- but it all starts with the o-line blocking.

  • I hope we all saw today that Cleveland needs a QB that is going to have the balls to throw the tough pass to a WR that might not be "open" but let's them make a play. I hope Colt was watching or our next QB

    @brownskidd said:

    I hope we all saw today that Cleveland needs a QB that is going to have the balls to throw the tough pass to a WR that might not be "open" but let's them make a play. I hope Colt was watching or our next QB

    Would you trust throwing the ball to Greg Litte, MoMass, or Watson when they aren't "open" and expect them to make a play? I sure wouldn't. Colt's not the problem. The lack of play-makers that can make plays when they aren't "open" is the problem.

  • I agree with all the points.. but let's agree, everything hinges on our QB. Look I want Colt to succeed, but he did not show the type of tenacity that you saw out of Brees, Smith or right now Brady. But you guys are right, these teams show us that we are so far away, that it's almost depressing.

    @brownskidd said:

    I agree with all the points.. but let's agree, everything hinges on our QB. Look I want Colt to succeed, but he did not show the type of tenacity that you saw out of Brees, Smith or right now Brady. But you guys are right, these teams show us that we are so far away, that it's almost depressing.

    lets not agree

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Here is what I saw. This week and last week...............

    pass after pass that Colt McCOy doesn't make and can't make.

    Tebow beat the Steelers with a quick release, just as the guy broke. Colt would have waited until the guy was way downfield.

    As I watched, Smith, Tebow, Brees, Big Ben, and Brady, I saw Quarterbacks so far above the skill level of McCoy that it is frightening.

    Likewise I saw RBs, WRs, DBs and LBS far far above the level of our players.

    All the way around the huddle, the Browns are lacking.

    What I bolded may be why you are so down on McCoy. Although I really didn't see too many DBs better than ours. The Giants DBs and the 49ers DBs (for most of the game) played well but that was about it. All of the playoff teams that have won games also seem to have great defensive lines and great WRs/TEs for the QBs to throw to..

  • What I saw were good coaches and players that would run through the wall for their coaches.

    I don't see anyone busting down a wall for Pat.

  • I saw very poor play by the Denver RG, and even RT.

    and even when Tebow had time, he had nobody open to throw to.Bad matchup. The Browns

    could have played a great defensive game against the Pats... again. Things are lookin up for the Browns.

    And no change-up on playcalling. The squeelers were stupid and off guard,

    but the Pats were ready.

    I saw outstanding pass protection for Brady, and Brady many quick throws - when he had at least one wide open

    outlet every play, usually two, sometimes three open wr's.

  • denver vs Ne provided us with an excellent illustration of what happens when a coach is able to come up with offensive and defensive

    scheme that completely takes the opponent to his knees/ No big bellidick fan, but is was pretty effin obvious he had no intention

    whatsoever of losing his third consecutive playoff game. hope shumur watched and learned.

    You saw the teacher (Brady) teaching the student (Tebow) just how far removed the latter is from being an upper tiew NFL QB. brady was masterful

    in leading the offense. His confidence and abilities raised the play of his teammates. He is truely a leader/warrior. Hope Colt watched and learned.

    SF-NO game was classic. Could be, for me, one of the best playoff games ever.

    The magic continues today. I like both home teams to cover the line easily.

    God bless America and f ghoolie.