Skip to content

For Canton Mike - Outside Of Fa... Browns Would Draft Two Wr's

The Browns Board
10 9 1.1k
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #1

    Momass seems to have no fire in him....but I was surprised to see this.

    From Rotoworld:

    ****************************

    Mohamed Massaquoi - WR - Browns The Cleveland Plain Dealer believes Mohamed Massaquoi could be the odd-man-out if the Browns upgrade their receiver corps this offseason.

    He may be sent packing even if the Browns fail to find a legit complement for Greg Little. Massaquoi's numbers tumbled for the second straight season in 2011, and he has done little to suggest he's anything other than roster filler since being a second-round pick in 2009. He's off the Dynasty league radar. Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

  • halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Momass is horrible. Good riddance.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I want to like him but he sucks. Too bad for him.

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I think theres alot of depth at WR in the draft this year. It doesn't have the big fast elite guys at the top of the draft but there's alot of guys in the 2-4 round range that can really help us. The level of ability and potential at the next level between guys like Marvin McNutt, Devier Posey and say Blackmon and Jeffery's is minimal. For that reason I think we should address other positions at the top of the draft and pick up one of these guys a little later and then bring in a young vet in free agency.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Mike,

    As I said before the season started, Momass probably couldn't make the roster of a good team. Obviously, I want the Browns to cut him...no YAC, doesn't come back to help the QB, etc.

    As stated, this draft does have some depth at WR, but I'm also curious as to what the Browns may look for in FA. This will be an interesting off season.

    Mike

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I don't know MoMass's contract situation, but if he is still signed you obviously keep him as your 3rd or 4th WR at best.....though, if you think about it, Little, Cribbs, Jordan Norwood all seemed to be a productive as he was. If Browns get a WR in the draft, MoMass may be relegated to 5th WR.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I'd rather have Carlton Mitchell over Massadrop.. can't keep both. They may both drop passes, but at least Mitchell can beat his man.

    I hope we draft Wright or this year's WR from UNC, Dwight Jones, with the second-round pick.

  • I'd rather have Carlton Mitchell over Massadrop.. can't keep both. They may both drop passes, but at least Mitchell can beat his man.

    I hope we draft Wright or this year's WR from UNC, Dwight Jones, with the second-round pick.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @unsympathetic said:

    I'd rather have Carlton Mitchell over Massadrop.. can't keep both. They may both drop passes, but at least Mitchell can beat his man.

    I hope we draft Wright or this year's WR from UNC, Dwight Jones, with the second-round pick.

    Two NC WRs in the second round in consecutive years?

    Whatever else you can say about Butch Davis, he apparently could recruit talent....though he just couldn't obey NCAA rules.

    By the way....Butch Davis is out looking for a job isn't he? How about Browns OC? 😮

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Dwight Jones has trouble catching the ball but has alot of talent havent we heard this before,ill pass

  • D DawginIT wrote on last edited by
    #10

    If the Browns have a quality draft and offseason through free agency then Cribbs will be the 4th string Wr and you won't be hearing from MoMass, Norwood, and Mitchell agian. If I had to keep one of them it would be Norwood. He's the only one that is able to get YAC and not drop passes.