Repeat After Me:
-
[The content of this post was censored due to SOPA/PIPA regulations]
-
The House bill just lost three co-sponsors.
-
There's nobody who thinks we should support Israel's actions, no matter what those actions are.
global warming is a political hoax. Temperatures fluctuate over the centuries. People like Heck and Vapor think
that the ice age melted becuase dinosaurs were farting, and cavemen had too many factories and SUV's all over the roads.
Bush was blamed for global warming because he didn't stop it. Obamao doesn't stop it either, but it isn't his fault.
See? Liberals are emotional politically. They don't have to make any freakin sense of reality. They are happy to make stupid stuff up,
and then they FEEL better.
That's why they demand their free speech, while hoping conservatives losing theirs, That's why they are sad about capital punishment,
but angrily support the wanton murder of unborn and born children. They demand their 1st Amendment, but they insist on us
losing our 2nd Amendment. That's why they pretend that the popular vote should determine the election winner, but only if it
would have gotten a lib a win. Otherwise, they staunchly defend our electoral college and why we have one.
That's why they hate the Tea Party for simply speaking out and having rallies... but they angrily support the
drugs, rapes, threats, arson, fleas, rats, and the pooping on peoples' porches and in their yards, and garbage all over,
and tents, and breaking and entering. Feel free to add to the list...
They agree with all that.
But you let a Tea Party rally say to lower taxes, and the libs go berserk over the abuse of the 1st amendment.
Libs/marxists/whiney asses - live in an emotional state on issues. Most of America thinks with their minds.
-
Here you go, Vapor.
-
Good read. I think I agree with much of what this guy has to say. There isn't going to be much of a difference in what happens no matter who is president. The president has to appease the other side of congress, and when both sides are pulling in completely opposite directions, with equal force, the result ends up being right in the middle. This is the case with most every hot-button topic, whether it be abortion, gun control, or gay marriage.
What this article did not cover, and he says so at the end of it, was the issue of civil liberties nor the role of corporations in government. These two topics are the ones I find the most important. I've already mentioned about how Uncle Sam has been chipping away at our civil liberties since 9/11, but I didn't talk about how dollars seem to count more than votes. On these two issues, Congress has been unanimous in the direction that they want to go, and I don't think that this direction is in the best interest of the people.
The relationship between the government and corporate America is one that sparked the Tea Party and Occupy movements. SOPA, PIPA, and NDAA are attacks on civil liberties that are pissing off people on both sides of the fence. It's invigorating to see the response on facebook to the google and wiki shutdowns today, and it makes me hope that we're really not headed toward a Huxley-an dystopia. I'm absolutely shocked at the number of my friends who are posting about calling their reps and senators. These types of things reek of class warfare, and I'm happy that large groups of people from across the political spectrum are turning out to protest it. Our government's supposed to be for the people and by the people, not for the elite.
-
You sound more worried about Orwell than Huxley.
-
You sound more worried about Orwell than Huxley.
You sound more worried about Orwell than Huxley.
Yeah, at this point I am, but in the last few months I was worried that not enough people were going to be upset about this. Yesterday seems to have changed that. Also, I just worded that sentence in the last post very poorly.
-
You sound more worried about Orwell than Huxley.
Yeah, at this point I am, but in the last few months I was worried that not enough people were going to be upset about this. Yesterday seems to have changed that. Also, I just worded that sentence in the last post very poorly.
Yeah, at this point I am, but in the last few months I was worried that not enough people were going to be upset about this. Yesterday seems to have changed that. Also, I just worded that sentence in the last post very poorly.
I'm worried more about Postman. I think he had it right. And wrong, but right in part.
I think closed information systems are the biggest threat. You can get tons of information now, and have it all catered to you. You can learn a lot about nothing. Or nothing about a lot.
-
-
I've heard a rumor that they're going to rewrap SOPA as an anti-child pornography type of thing. If this happens, I hope the internet goes apeshit about it again.
-
They can't hide something that big under a different title. That would fool nobody.
If it makes you feel better, Silicon Valley is now a major source of campaign funds, particularly for Democrats. They'll all be heard.
-
In other news, megaupload got shut down. It had a bunch of pirated materials, but also a bunch of legitimate material. I know architects who would use it to upload and share files that were in the hundreds of megabytes. I've used it to share albums and songs I've recorded. That they were able to take down this website without SOPA or PIPA is bullshit and anonymous is protesting it thru DDoS attacks. fbi.gov, copyright.gov, riaa.org were down earlier today, universalmusic.com is still down. This is illegal, but when we've tried legal ways of protesting it (that music video) that unfairly get censored, it makes me happy that someone is fighting these assholes with underhanded tactics.
-
Yes, it was despicable, and certainly the candidates should have said something. They should have told the people who booed to stand up and say how many times they've been to Iraq, or risked their lives for their country. It wasn't exactly a profile in courage. But what do you expect from Mitt Romney? A leader? Balls?
But let's be fair - not everyone was booing. It was only a few people. Plus, this helps the other side. Independents watch this and think, "What a bunch of assholes."
After all, the only real group of Americans that opposed repealing DADT were the older base of the Republican Party. Otherwise, it has widespread majority support. So if they want to hop on a losing issue and make themselves look like assholes in the process, fine with me.
-
I don't think you posted where you think you posted.
-
Yes, it was despicable, and certainly the candidates should have said something. They should have told the people who booed to stand up and say how many times they've been to Iraq, or risked their lives for their country. It wasn't exactly a profile in courage. But what do you expect from Mitt Romney? A leader? Balls?
But let's be fair - not everyone was booing. It was only a few people. Plus, this helps the other side. Independents watch this and think, "What a bunch of assholes."
After all, the only real group of Americans that opposed repealing DADT were the older base of the Republican Party. Otherwise, it has widespread majority support. So if they want to hop on a losing issue and make themselves look like assholes in the process, fine with me.
Yes, it was despicable, and certainly the candidates should have said something. They should have told the people who booed to stand up and say how many times they've been to Iraq, or risked their lives for their country. It wasn't exactly a profile in courage. But what do you expect from Mitt Romney? A leader? Balls?
But let's be fair - not everyone was booing. It was only a few people. Plus, this helps the other side. Independents watch this and think, "What a bunch of assholes."
After all, the only real group of Americans that opposed repealing DADT were the older base of the Republican Party. Otherwise, it has widespread majority support. So if they want to hop on a losing issue and make themselves look like assholes in the process, fine with me.
I don't think you posted where you think you posted.
VT, Shhhh!!!! He is in his total suppression mode.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login