Skip to content

Newt

Political Discussion
255 10 6.0k
  • I don't like Newt, Steve, and don't believe he is Nominational - is that a Norm Crosby type of word - or electible.

    He has a sorbid past and has a mean-spirited nature that won't sell.

    Another thing is that his looks are - let's say - non-Presidential.

    Loose cannon. Angry. Mean-spirited. Intelligent, but not in a smooth or likeable way.

    Despite what Heck feels, I believe Romney has a lot of qualities that Newt lacks.

    I am not crazy about Romney either but he will likely get the Nomination. Maybe due to the "big fish in a small pond'syndrome.

    @chicopee-john said:

    I don't like Newt, Steve, and don't believe he is Nominational - is that a Norm Crosby type of word - or electible.

    I agree with John on this one.

    I am sure that when Newt leaves the race he will have made a few million dollars to add to his coffers.

  • Right now in the average of the major polls, Obama beats Romney by 1.2 points. He beats Paul by 4.6. He beats Santorum by 8.5.

    He beats Newt by 10.5.

  • Newt does have a sordid past. And he looks like Jabba the Hut at certain times.

    I don't trust him - his pelosi thing, some stupid things he has said in the past.

    I'm trying to like Romney - he's a rich kid, says his Romney state level medcare thing can't work

    on a national level. But when he admits to nominating very liberal fed judges to office, because

    that's what the Dems wanted in return...

    He doesn't stand on principle maybe? Santorum isn't all that perfect either. But he does stand on principle.

    so far, he is the guy I prefer to win. BTW, I'm tired of the almost winning of nominations after only three states.

    Everybody knows that there are 50 states... why don't they all count? (well, Heck's OBamao thinks there are

    57 states... but he doesn't care about that.)

  • Oh yeah because she is such a great.... wait, what is she good at again? PE

    **************************

    Because she hunts and fishes and would protect Americans' rights' to hunt and fish

    and bear their own firearms. She supports the Constitution. She is good at eating moose,

    and she is 100% American minded. Santorum comes off whiney,

    Newt comes off like Jabba the Hut, Ron Paul comes off like a psychotic serious killer in some movie,

    and Romney comes off like Thurston Howell the III, of "Gilliagan Island" fame.

    Obamao is Chavez minded, with a side plate of Castro and Che.

    Obamao is not American minded at all. He's psycholitically disaffected from most Americans.

  • See, Steve? They eat that shit up, don't they? But if there's one thing the right hates it's when you play the race card.

    I'll wait for you, Steve.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    See, Steve? They eat that shit up, don't they? But if there's one thing the right hates it's when you play the race card.

    I'll wait for you, Steve.

    Wait for me?

    For what Heck?

    Who eats what up?

    Sorry I don't happen to agree with the guys on this.

    Some of them can't stand Romney either. So what? Is someone going to unfriend me or something?

    I realize you're dutybound to hate the guy but oh well.

    I'll bet there are more things we disagree on. So? Probably things I agree with yyou on. So?

    But if anyone eats anything up it's you and the Dems who really want to introduce race into a situation where it isn't present.

    Keep the troops fired up.

    We get it.

    And as I say I have my misgivings about Gingrich. And I'll have to decide who to vote for and why.

    Then I'll worry about who hates me for that decision.

    And the point (from your second assault) you make no point.

    And yes, apparently many Americans need to be told that work is better than welfare.

    Welfare isn't a major expense but it is detrimental to society when it becomes chronic. No matter what color you are.

    WSS

  • I don't know what that was, but it wasn't answer. I'm not worried about what the other people are saying, other than that it proves my point about why Newt is doing what he's doing. Calm down. I meant I'd wait to hear your answer because I don't really give a shit about Cal's or Ghoolie's verbal vomit.

    Let's get back to it. Newt isn't saying what you're saying. He's saying that blacks need to be told that they should demand jobs instead of welfare checks, and he would stand in front of the NAACP convention to deliver that message. (There aren't many white people at an NAACP convention, so we can cut the pretense that this message is supposed to be about welfare recipients no matter what their color.)

    My question again: do you think black people need to be told this?

  • And when I disagree with people, stop saying I "hate" them, so you can imagine I'm full of malice or something, or playing some part. It's really lazy.

  • And when I disagree with people, stop saying I "hate" them, so you can imagine I'm full of malice or something, or playing some part. It's really lazy.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    And when I disagree with people, stop saying I "hate" them, so you can imagine I'm full of malice or something, or playing some part. It's really lazy.

    Yeah.

    You seem comfortable enough saying "people you hate" in conversations with me.

    I guess it's as useful then too huh?

    WSS

  • Depends on if it's accurate, I suppose.

    Can you answer the question now? Or are you going to try and backtrack for Newt again?

  • verbal vomit? Heck really does hate anybody who disagrees with him,

    and isn't middle of the road enough for him to try to learn how to influence their vote.

    After all, it's what he does for a living.

    Learn how to manipulate, as in, the ends justify the means.

  • That's not what I do for a living.

    Also, blind, ignorant hatred is what you spew in here every day. But I'm supposed to ignore what a total lunatic you are because you have a farm and a wife and when you meet people you say "hello", or something. That makes it all better.

  • Depends on if it's accurate, I suppose.

    Can you answer the question now? Or are you going to try and backtrack for Newt again?

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Depends on if it's accurate, I suppose.

    Can you answer the question now? Or are you going to try and backtrack for Newt again?

    Sigh.

    Sure Heck I'll answer.

    (though I'm shaking my head in advance of your faux outrage)

    Simply put yes.

    Unfortunately they don't need to be told by Newt Gingrich.

    They need to be told by you. Or Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton or the Black caucus or whoever is responsible for promoting the idea that they should expect to be seperate from the rest of America and that someone else is to blame.

    Did you see Mattthews last night barking about reparations with his guests?

    As a matter of fact anyone of any color or backgrouns needs to be told that hopefully from someone they respect.

    Unfortunately that doesn't advance yourt agenda.

    That said I have no idea why this minutae is so important to you.

    WSS

  • Of course tonight after what may be a stirring performance from an embittered ex wife, you and your party might be able to quit pretending you care about this crap anyway.

    Then you can get back to complaining that Romney is too rich and too white.

    WSS

  • @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Oh, you.

    Here's a good read for you.

    I think the last paragraph sums it up pretty well. Yeah I think had john mccain been president and the economy had gone from bad to worse after his pledge of change and hope, and had he proudly citedd the amount of food stamp recipients we now had.......

    Yeah it would be fair to call him the food stamp president.

    But then his race wouldn't be an issue, would it?

    I know a few people on food stamps and not one is black.

    WSS

  • @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Oh, you.

    Here's a good read for you.

    I think the last paragraph sums it up pretty well. Yeah I think had john mccain been president and the economy had gone from bad to worse after his pledge of change and hope, and had he proudly citedd the amount of food stamp recipients we now had.......

    Yeah it would be fair to call him the food stamp president.

    But then his race wouldn't be an issue, would it?

    I know a few people on food stamps and not one is black.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I think the last paragraph sums it up pretty well. Yeah I think had john mccain been president and the economy had gone from bad to worse after his pledge of change and hope, and had he proudly citedd the amount of food stamp recipients we now had.......

    Yeah it would be fair to call him the food stamp president.

    But then his race wouldn't be an issue, would it?

    I know a few people on food stamps and not one is black.

    WSS

    No, he wouldn't. Are you kidding? That's the whole point of that last paragraph. Liberals would probably fault him on the economy, but no one would be calling him a "food stamp president." That's term isn't a liberal buzz word. Liberals support social safety net programs like that.

    Liberals faulted Bush on the economy. Did anyone ever call him "the food stamp president?" Come on, man.

    I hate to tell you this, bud, but Newt picks his words carefully, and has been using this phrase for about a year. And this is designed precisely for people like you who think blacks need a lecture on responsibility, and for the people who go much further than that. (Newt's enormous sense of self-regard just takes it another level when he imagines he should be the one to give this lecture.) It's about appealing to racial resentment in the base of the Republican Party, particularly in the South. Full stop.

    Or as Newt said not too long ago, "I know how to talk to the voters in South Carolina."

    And damned if it didn't work. That exchange with Juan Williams was the most effective moment of his campaign. And here's why: guys like you, and many like you, have all sorts of things to say about black America, but feel like you can't say some of them because of liberals, and the threat of people calling you a racist - what you call "the race card." It drives you nuts that you can't say things like "black people need a lesson on work and responsibility" because you think that's true, not racist. And you feel like if you could only get that truth out there, blacks would be better off, instead of being coddled by liberals. Even though your knowledge of black America comes from music videos, and the only black leaders you can name are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

    When Gingrich laid into Juan Williams, he got it all in there in one perfectly crafted message to the voters in South Carolina, and everywhere else who share that resentment, and who are driven by that resentment: 'I'm going to tell the black community to shape up, to get off the dole and get a job, and if you liberals don't like it you can suck it.'

    But heaven forbid, don't play the race card! Because Republicans hate that!!

    If you're even 10% as cynical as you think you are, you should be able to see what this is, and see why it appeals to a voter like you. Just about every seasoned political observer can.

    PS - I could even agree with you that liberal hypersensitivity sometimes cuts off meaningful debate, and that there's a kernel of truth to be had there.

  • @westside-steve said:

    http://www.google.com/m/url?channel=iss&client=ms-android-verizon&defaultloc=Durham+Rd,+Norton,+OH+44203&devlocsession=off&ei=wj8YT5jID9Ld8waemgE&hl=en&q=http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/08/obama-ag-secretary-more-people-on-food-stamps-means-more-jobs/&safe=images&sky=mrdr&source=mobilesearchapp-vs&ved=0CA4QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNGUyvKt_uDHGkZKmVL9zD2Eh4hJ1w

    I agree with him completely. What's your problem with that? This seems completely uncontroversial to me, and is backed up by data, which he cites. Contrary to some government programs, and stimulus programs, just about all of the money spent on food stamps - and on UI insurance - goes back into the economy, and even has a multiplier effect, though some might quibble with the figure he cites. This is why economists refer to those programs as "automatic stabilizers." They kick in automatically in bad times, and the additional spending helps stabilize an economy in recession. And in good times, they automatically recede.

    Why don't you tell me what's wrong with this before I type any more.

  • And can we just say this before we go any further? Blacks don't need to be told to prefer jobs over food stamps. They really don't.

    This isn't even good racism. It's supposed to be more coded than that.

    PS - According to a bunch of polls out this morning, Newt is now leading Romney in South Carolina. I'm telling you, man, you guys eat that shit up!

  • And can we just say this before we go any further? Blacks don't need to be told to prefer jobs over food stamps. They really don't.

    This isn't even good racism. It's supposed to be more coded than that.

    PS - According to a bunch of polls out this morning, Newt is now leading Romney in South Carolina. I'm telling you, man, you guys eat that shit up!

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    And can we just say this before we go any further? Blacks don't need to be told to prefer jobs over food stamps. They really don't.

    This isn't even good racism. It's supposed to be more coded than that.

    PS - According to a bunch of polls out this morning, Newt is now leading Romney in South Carolina. I'm telling you, man, you guys eat that shit up!

    Actually my friend its you guys that eat that shit up. Personally like most pundits on both sides of the aisle I thought he did a great job in that debate. I think your side would be thrilled if your candidate could speak that well on his feet. Then again the race bit is the only thing you care about in the whole thing.

    I think it's actually a good campaign strategy for your side to throw a fit about this.

    Obama doesn't get re elected unless the black vote turns out in full force.

    So you guys need to find some sort of race angle to make sure they're pissed off in november.

    That's what I'd do if I ran the dnc.

    I also have the president give a blistering speech against SOPA To keep the kids on his side.

    And I'm not all that sure mccain would get away with the food stamp thing. There are plenty to attack him from the right and it's probably more a liberal thing.

    WSS