Newt
-
Depends on if it's accurate, I suppose.
Can you answer the question now? Or are you going to try and backtrack for Newt again?
-
verbal vomit? Heck really does hate anybody who disagrees with him,
and isn't middle of the road enough for him to try to learn how to influence their vote.
After all, it's what he does for a living.
Learn how to manipulate, as in, the ends justify the means.
-
That's not what I do for a living.
Also, blind, ignorant hatred is what you spew in here every day. But I'm supposed to ignore what a total lunatic you are because you have a farm and a wife and when you meet people you say "hello", or something. That makes it all better.
-
Depends on if it's accurate, I suppose.
Can you answer the question now? Or are you going to try and backtrack for Newt again?
Depends on if it's accurate, I suppose.
Can you answer the question now? Or are you going to try and backtrack for Newt again?
Sigh.
Sure Heck I'll answer.
(though I'm shaking my head in advance of your faux outrage)
Simply put yes.
Unfortunately they don't need to be told by Newt Gingrich.
They need to be told by you. Or Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton or the Black caucus or whoever is responsible for promoting the idea that they should expect to be seperate from the rest of America and that someone else is to blame.
Did you see Mattthews last night barking about reparations with his guests?
As a matter of fact anyone of any color or backgrouns needs to be told that hopefully from someone they respect.
Unfortunately that doesn't advance yourt agenda.
That said I have no idea why this minutae is so important to you.
WSS
-
Of course tonight after what may be a stirring performance from an embittered ex wife, you and your party might be able to quit pretending you care about this crap anyway.
Then you can get back to complaining that Romney is too rich and too white.
WSS
-
Oh, you.
-
Oh, you.
Oh, you.
I think the last paragraph sums it up pretty well. Yeah I think had john mccain been president and the economy had gone from bad to worse after his pledge of change and hope, and had he proudly citedd the amount of food stamp recipients we now had.......
Yeah it would be fair to call him the food stamp president.
But then his race wouldn't be an issue, would it?
I know a few people on food stamps and not one is black.
WSS
-
-
Oh, you.
I think the last paragraph sums it up pretty well. Yeah I think had john mccain been president and the economy had gone from bad to worse after his pledge of change and hope, and had he proudly citedd the amount of food stamp recipients we now had.......
Yeah it would be fair to call him the food stamp president.
But then his race wouldn't be an issue, would it?
I know a few people on food stamps and not one is black.
WSS
I think the last paragraph sums it up pretty well. Yeah I think had john mccain been president and the economy had gone from bad to worse after his pledge of change and hope, and had he proudly citedd the amount of food stamp recipients we now had.......
Yeah it would be fair to call him the food stamp president.
But then his race wouldn't be an issue, would it?
I know a few people on food stamps and not one is black.
WSS
No, he wouldn't. Are you kidding? That's the whole point of that last paragraph. Liberals would probably fault him on the economy, but no one would be calling him a "food stamp president." That's term isn't a liberal buzz word. Liberals support social safety net programs like that.
Liberals faulted Bush on the economy. Did anyone ever call him "the food stamp president?" Come on, man.
I hate to tell you this, bud, but Newt picks his words carefully, and has been using this phrase for about a year. And this is designed precisely for people like you who think blacks need a lecture on responsibility, and for the people who go much further than that. (Newt's enormous sense of self-regard just takes it another level when he imagines he should be the one to give this lecture.) It's about appealing to racial resentment in the base of the Republican Party, particularly in the South. Full stop.
Or as Newt said not too long ago, "I know how to talk to the voters in South Carolina."
And damned if it didn't work. That exchange with Juan Williams was the most effective moment of his campaign. And here's why: guys like you, and many like you, have all sorts of things to say about black America, but feel like you can't say some of them because of liberals, and the threat of people calling you a racist - what you call "the race card." It drives you nuts that you can't say things like "black people need a lesson on work and responsibility" because you think that's true, not racist. And you feel like if you could only get that truth out there, blacks would be better off, instead of being coddled by liberals. Even though your knowledge of black America comes from music videos, and the only black leaders you can name are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.
When Gingrich laid into Juan Williams, he got it all in there in one perfectly crafted message to the voters in South Carolina, and everywhere else who share that resentment, and who are driven by that resentment: 'I'm going to tell the black community to shape up, to get off the dole and get a job, and if you liberals don't like it you can suck it.'
But heaven forbid, don't play the race card! Because Republicans hate that!!
If you're even 10% as cynical as you think you are, you should be able to see what this is, and see why it appeals to a voter like you. Just about every seasoned political observer can.
PS - I could even agree with you that liberal hypersensitivity sometimes cuts off meaningful debate, and that there's a kernel of truth to be had there.
-
I agree with him completely. What's your problem with that? This seems completely uncontroversial to me, and is backed up by data, which he cites. Contrary to some government programs, and stimulus programs, just about all of the money spent on food stamps - and on UI insurance - goes back into the economy, and even has a multiplier effect, though some might quibble with the figure he cites. This is why economists refer to those programs as "automatic stabilizers." They kick in automatically in bad times, and the additional spending helps stabilize an economy in recession. And in good times, they automatically recede.
Why don't you tell me what's wrong with this before I type any more.
-
And can we just say this before we go any further? Blacks don't need to be told to prefer jobs over food stamps. They really don't.
This isn't even good racism. It's supposed to be more coded than that.
PS - According to a bunch of polls out this morning, Newt is now leading Romney in South Carolina. I'm telling you, man, you guys eat that shit up!
-
And can we just say this before we go any further? Blacks don't need to be told to prefer jobs over food stamps. They really don't.
This isn't even good racism. It's supposed to be more coded than that.
PS - According to a bunch of polls out this morning, Newt is now leading Romney in South Carolina. I'm telling you, man, you guys eat that shit up!
And can we just say this before we go any further? Blacks don't need to be told to prefer jobs over food stamps. They really don't.
This isn't even good racism. It's supposed to be more coded than that.
PS - According to a bunch of polls out this morning, Newt is now leading Romney in South Carolina. I'm telling you, man, you guys eat that shit up!
Actually my friend its you guys that eat that shit up. Personally like most pundits on both sides of the aisle I thought he did a great job in that debate. I think your side would be thrilled if your candidate could speak that well on his feet. Then again the race bit is the only thing you care about in the whole thing.
I think it's actually a good campaign strategy for your side to throw a fit about this.
Obama doesn't get re elected unless the black vote turns out in full force.
So you guys need to find some sort of race angle to make sure they're pissed off in november.
That's what I'd do if I ran the dnc.
I also have the president give a blistering speech against SOPA To keep the kids on his side.
And I'm not all that sure mccain would get away with the food stamp thing. There are plenty to attack him from the right and it's probably more a liberal thing.
WSS
-
I agree with him completely. What's your problem with that? This seems completely uncontroversial to me, and is backed up by data, which he cites. Contrary to some government programs, and stimulus programs, just about all of the money spent on food stamps - and on UI insurance - goes back into the economy, and even has a multiplier effect, though some might quibble with the figure he cites. This is why economists refer to those programs as "automatic stabilizers." They kick in automatically in bad times, and the additional spending helps stabilize an economy in recession. And in good times, they automatically recede.
Why don't you tell me what's wrong with this before I type any more.
I agree with him completely. What's your problem with that? This seems completely uncontroversial to me, and is backed up by data, which he cites. Contrary to some government programs, and stimulus programs, just about all of the money spent on food stamps - and on UI insurance - goes back into the economy, and even has a multiplier effect, though some might quibble with the figure he cites. This is why economists refer to those programs as "automatic stabilizers." They kick in automatically in bad times, and the additional spending helps stabilize an economy in recession. And in good times, they automatically recede.
Why don't you tell me what's wrong with this before I type any more.
Nothing really.
The point is that it makes for easy political fodder to brag about all the food stamps you're passing out.
If in fact, you didn't want to be called the food stamp president.
By the way, were you as angry with bill cosby?
WSS
-
And can we just say this before we go any further? Blacks don't need to be told to prefer jobs over food stamps. They really don't.
This isn't even good racism. It's supposed to be more coded than that.
PS - According to a bunch of polls out this morning, Newt is now leading Romney in South Carolina. I'm telling you, man, you guys eat that shit up!
Actually my friend its you guys that eat that shit up. Personally like most pundits on both sides of the aisle I thought he did a great job in that debate. I think your side would be thrilled if your candidate could speak that well on his feet. Then again the race bit is the only thing you care about in the whole thing.
I think it's actually a good campaign strategy for your side to throw a fit about this.
Obama doesn't get re elected unless the black vote turns out in full force.
So you guys need to find some sort of race angle to make sure they're pissed off in november.
That's what I'd do if I ran the dnc.
I also have the president give a blistering speech against SOPA To keep the kids on his side.
And I'm not all that sure mccain would get away with the food stamp thing. There are plenty to attack him from the right and it's probably more a liberal thing.
WSS
Actually my friend its you guys that eat that shit up. Personally like most pundits on both sides of the aisle I thought he did a great job in that debate. I think your side would be thrilled if your candidate could speak that well on his feet. Then again the race bit is the only thing you care about in the whole thing.
I think it's actually a good campaign strategy for your side to throw a fit about this.
Obama doesn't get re elected unless the black vote turns out in full force.
So you guys need to find some sort of race angle to make sure they're pissed off in november.
That's what I'd do if I ran the dnc.
I also have the president give a blistering speech against SOPA To keep the kids on his side.
And I'm not all that sure mccain would get away with the food stamp thing. There are plenty to attack him from the right and it's probably more a liberal thing.
WSS
Yes, Steve, he's the best debater in that group, and that was his best debate. But you're completely ignoring why that was his best debate - because of that exchange with Juan Williams. Why do you think he chose that one to excerpt and make an ad out of it?
Boy, this is such a huge blond spot with you. You can't even talk about this without trying to make it about how liberals are "throwing fits." And that anyone is taking exception to Newt Gingrich saying that blacks are lazy and don't want to work is just doing so to get out the black vote. It wouldn't be because someone is saying that blacks are lazy and don't want to work. No, nothing wrong with that. After all, you agree with the message!
Someone has to tell those illiterate welfare criminals, right?
-
I agree with him completely. What's your problem with that? This seems completely uncontroversial to me, and is backed up by data, which he cites. Contrary to some government programs, and stimulus programs, just about all of the money spent on food stamps - and on UI insurance - goes back into the economy, and even has a multiplier effect, though some might quibble with the figure he cites. This is why economists refer to those programs as "automatic stabilizers." They kick in automatically in bad times, and the additional spending helps stabilize an economy in recession. And in good times, they automatically recede.
Why don't you tell me what's wrong with this before I type any more.
Nothing really.
The point is that it makes for easy political fodder to brag about all the food stamps you're passing out.
If in fact, you didn't want to be called the food stamp president.
By the way, were you as angry with bill cosby?
WSS
Nothing really.
The point is that it makes for easy political fodder to brag about all the food stamps you're passing out.
If in fact, you didn't want to be called the food stamp president.
By the way, were you as angry with bill cosby?
WSS
He's talking about the economics of it. Don't be deliberately dense.
And again with the Bill Cosby. Always Bill Cosby. (Or Chris Rock.) But this is my point - you're dying to say these things, and love it when someone else gives you cover to feel this way, whether it's Bill Cosby or Newt Gingrich.
So go ahead, my man. Rail against the loafing blacks criminals in the inner city. No one is stopping you. I just thought I'd point out that there's no validity to his claim that Obama "put" lots of people on food stamps, and that you should know who actually is on food stamps, and why Gingrich is playing on your racial resentment of blacks for votes, whether or not you can see it.
And which Cosby comment are you referring to?
-
Actually it sure looks like you're throwing a fit now.
I thought that was a fine answer for the set up question but only people like you decided that it was the only point of the entire debate.
So your mad when somebody mentions cosby. Is it because you think he's wrong or because he's not?
And if you'd like to, pick some other black conservative.
(Though Bill isn't really conservative )
WSS
-
>> And that anyone is taking exception to Newt Gingrich saying that blacks are lazy and don't want to work <<
But you made that up.
No one said that.
And Romney never called Obama a Communist.
You made that up.
You do that a lot.
WSS
-
I'm completely calm, I assure you. I know you like to believe I'm frothing, raving mad, but that's just one of your many crutches.
Nor was i saying it was the only point of the entire debate. (Clearly, it was the Gingrich campaign's favorite.) I just wonder if you can spell out how this game works for someone like you and have them still not see it. I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised.
Let's do this: Why, of all the economic argument Gingrich could make, why do you think he chose to call the president a "food stamp president" and then talk about how he would go to the black community and tell them that jobs are preferable to food stamps?
Why food stamps, which are something people qualify for the same way under this administration as they did under the last? Do you really believe that this wasn't a play on racial resentment of older, white Republican voters?
-
>> And that anyone is taking exception to Newt Gingrich saying that blacks are lazy and don't want to work <<
But you made that up.
No one said that.
And Romney never called Obama a Communist.
You made that up.
You do that a lot.
WSS
>> And that anyone is taking exception to Newt Gingrich saying that blacks are lazy and don't want to work <<
But you made that up.
No one said that.
And Romney never called Obama a Communist.
You made that up.
You do that a lot.
WSS
Haha. Priceless. What do you think he's saying? I'm not making anything up. That's the meaning of what he's saying. What do you think he's implying, that blacks are super resourceful? Wonderful self-starters? No. He's saying they prefer to take handouts rather than work - i.e. lazy - and he's going to tell them otherwise.
I can't describe someone who wants to take handouts and doesn't want to work as lazy? Really? If someone describes something as a mix of yellow and blue, is it okay if I say it's green? Jesus.
And Romney said Obama wants to equalize outcomes in the economy, no matter how hard you work or contribute. That's Communism he's describing. (Also completely unfounded, based on nothing, a total lie, a smear.) If I say that you enjoy fondling little boys in the park, someone might say that I called you a pedophile. Even if I didn't use that word. But that's not an inaccurate description of what I said is it? Nor is this.
Honestly.
Again, are you twelve? I know you think it's a high-minded point, and something that needs to be said. As Wilkinson said, "This haughty pose flatters the bigots, who Mr Gingrich knows full well are roused by talk of food stamps and an underdeveloped taste for honest labour, reframing their hoary prejudice as gallant unflinching fidelity to facts." Obviously, you, too, think it's vital to get the message to the black community, and you're just a truth-teller here. These are just facts.
But it really isn't vital. And your "facts" tell us nothing about what's actually going on, other than in your head, and in the heads of voters like you.
-
Why, if not for racial purposes, would one wanna say food stamp president?
Because despite the promises of hope and change ( yes there were promises) things still suck.
now is that all the president's fault?
Probably not.
Did the people he inspired during the campaign realize that it was just bullshit to get elected?
Probably not.
So now after three years most of which with a veto proof majority we have...
not much.
So in place of the prosperity that his acolytes expected there are excuses and yes, food stamps.
And now we are in campaign mode.
That's exactly how you'd go after him if you were the other sides campaign manager.
But as always it's easier to call everybody racist than to face up to a failed economic policy.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login