Skip to content

Browns Want Griffin According To League Sources

The Browns Board
29 18 1.9k
  • @nw220 said:

    I also dont believe we will trade up to get him but i do believe if he falls to us at 4 we will draft him, also i trust someone who is a senior nfl writer source more than any of us..

    See I don't trust any report containing so-called facts from unnamed sources. It is just a rumor. Plus I don't even think Heckert knows who he wants to draft yet. I think he knows what positions he wants to go after, but not any specific players. We are over 3 months away from the draft and don't have any NFL combine results to look at yet either.

    N Nw220 wrote on last edited by Nw220
    #7

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    See I don't trust any report containing so-called facts from unnamed sources. It is just a rumor. Plus I don't even think Heckert knows who he wants to draft yet. I think he knows what positions he wants to go after, but not any specific players. We are over 3 months away from the draft and don't have any NFL combine results to look at yet either.

    Agreed but i also think that after the Combine RG3 will only go higher up in value, im just assuming that Heckert is open to the idea of taking Griffin...

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #8

    please no!

  • B baybrownsfan wrote on last edited by
    #9

    If we are gonna throw away our picks at least get Andrew Luck.

  • I saw this via twitter and through ESPN's AFC north blog. It's hard to say when it's "league sources" though

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/40614/report-browns-want-robert-griffin-iii

    R roach wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @jrb12711 said:

    I saw this via twitter and through ESPN's AFC north blog. It's hard to say when it's "league sources" though

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/40614/report-browns-want-robert-griffin-iii

    Agreed.

    The term "league sources" is a sham. Remember when the squid Adam Shefter reported that, according to league sources, Holmgren's first act would be to fire Mangini. He had no information other than what he made up. After Holmgren announced that Mangini would be the Head Coach, then Shefter spun it that Mangini was only keeping the seat warm for one year while Holmgren lines up the roster for himself to coach. That reporter is a joke.

    This Henley guy is probably a squid Shefter wanna-be. i imagine he is a sports nerd sitting in a bathtub, smoking a cigar, reading the sports page of the USA Today, and typing his story to ESPN on his iPad. Look at what he said in that little story: maybe the Browns will move up to get Griffin, maybe they won't move up to get Griffin, maybe they'll take Blackmon, maybe they'll take Claiborne. He left out the possibility of the Browns trading down. Perhaps he's saving that newsflash for tomorrow.

  • The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I've got some mixed-up feelings about the Browns draft of this year.

    In my opinion having a good free agency campaign will be as important as having a good draft for the Browns. I've kind of lost my hopes that we can get back to where we belong just by drafting well in April. When I look back at the Browns' recent draft history I certainly see some errors, but I also see a few good players that were only in need of a solid team to mature the right way and we clearly were not an easy team to support the development of some of those young men. If you look at the Browns as they are today you see a team that failed pretty badly season after season, but all in all the holes to plug are not so many.

    I mean: we're not a good team, but we're not a disaster! A team to rebuild top to bottom.

    There must be a way to get back to the top other than "draft after draft", don't you think?

  • The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Oh, and I forgot to add that I don't think trading first round picks will be a good idea (unless we land a real stud in any role out free agency...).

  • @nw220 said:

    I also dont believe we will trade up to get him but i do believe if he falls to us at 4 we will draft him, also i trust someone who is a senior nfl writer source more than any of us..

    See I don't trust any report containing so-called facts from unnamed sources. It is just a rumor. Plus I don't even think Heckert knows who he wants to draft yet. I think he knows what positions he wants to go after, but not any specific players. We are over 3 months away from the draft and don't have any NFL combine results to look at yet either.

    N Nw220 wrote on last edited by Nw220
    #13

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    See I don't trust any report containing so-called facts from unnamed sources. It is just a rumor. Plus I don't even think Heckert knows who he wants to draft yet. I think he knows what positions he wants to go after, but not any specific players. We are over 3 months away from the draft and don't have any NFL combine results to look at yet either.

    Well before ever team has there off season they do there big board and positional rankings, heard jeff fisher talking about yesterday on sirius radio, also he said they throw around a few scernaios and then close down the room until later in the process...

    Also league sources could be withing the organzation or someone close to most likely its probaly a scout that works for the Browns, knowing that we are intersted in Griffin (Which any team in are postion should be)

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @nw220 said:

    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/wyche_browns_want_and_will_trade_up_for_robert_griffin_iii/9406988

    Per Steve Wyche Senior NFL writer for NFL.Com

    If Steve Wyche is any relatin to Sam Wyche, we know this report is a pile of horseshit. Right?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    mikeyP72 said:

    If there are league sources, it could be smoke to bait Skins and fins move up to take RG3 so Blackmon or another target will still be available?

    I think you've hit the nail on the head.

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Of course he's our guy. This dude is going to fall to us, so we're going to make it seem like we're really interested in him so that people know that if they want him, we will expect a bunch to trade out of the pick. My bet is that Heckert trades down again.

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    If anyones interested Bernie gave his thoughts to a Cleveland Radio Station on RG3

    http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=476&f=356241

  • @nw220 said:

    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/wyche_browns_want_and_will_trade_up_for_robert_griffin_iii/9406988

    Per Steve Wyche Senior NFL writer for NFL.Com

    If Steve Wyche is any relatin to Sam Wyche, we know this report is a pile of horseshit. Right?

    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-gipper said:

    If Steve Wyche is any relatin to Sam Wyche, we know this report is a pile of horseshit. Right?

    Me thinks they ain't related.

    SteveWyche.jpg

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I'm always interested to hear what Kosar has to say. If RGIII can see the field and make snap decisions like Bernie always did....

    maybe the Browns should draft him. But Colt will still start next year. But after that, RGIII might beat Colt out, how awesome would

    it be to have Colt as a backup?

    But, when a team -says- they want a certain player, you can bet they are just looking for a great trade down.

    I think.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #20

    how is this not any different from any other RGlll suckoff thread?

    didn't you read this yesterday?

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21560

    can't we just combine these all under one title?

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #21

    mik, your avatar is so you

  • @the-gipper said:

    If Steve Wyche is any relatin to Sam Wyche, we know this report is a pile of horseshit. Right?

    Me thinks they ain't related.

    SteveWyche.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @runyon27 said:

    Me thinks they ain't related.

    SteveWyche.jpg

    I don't know. This guy looks like he could be bi-racial.

  • @runyon27 said:

    Me thinks they ain't related.

    SteveWyche.jpg

    I don't know. This guy looks like he could be bi-racial.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't know. This guy looks like he could be bi-racial.

    yeah black and gay.

  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #24

    as long as they dont trade both their picks for RG3 and as long as Robert Griffin turn out to be an NFL version of Chris Griffin.

  • I've got some mixed-up feelings about the Browns draft of this year.

    In my opinion having a good free agency campaign will be as important as having a good draft for the Browns. I've kind of lost my hopes that we can get back to where we belong just by drafting well in April. When I look back at the Browns' recent draft history I certainly see some errors, but I also see a few good players that were only in need of a solid team to mature the right way and we clearly were not an easy team to support the development of some of those young men. If you look at the Browns as they are today you see a team that failed pretty badly season after season, but all in all the holes to plug are not so many.

    I mean: we're not a good team, but we're not a disaster! A team to rebuild top to bottom.

    There must be a way to get back to the top other than "draft after draft", don't you think?

    F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-italian-dawgpound said:

    I've got some mixed-up feelings about the Browns draft of this year.

    In my opinion having a good free agency campaign will be as important as having a good draft for the Browns. I've kind of lost my hopes that we can get back to where we belong just by drafting well in April. When I look back at the Browns' recent draft history I certainly see some errors, but I also see a few good players that were only in need of a solid team to mature the right way and we clearly were not an easy team to support the development of some of those young men. If you look at the Browns as they are today you see a team that failed pretty badly season after season, but all in all the holes to plug are not so many.

    I mean: we're not a good team, but we're not a disaster! A team to rebuild top to bottom.

    There must be a way to get back to the top other than "draft after draft", don't you think?

    Here, here, my fellow Italian. This is what I don't understand about the current head-office's philosophy. You have to use every opportunity to improve your team and that includes free agents. Build with the draft but augment and fill holes in FA. The best way to make sure you can select the best talent available in the draft is to make sure your team isn't full of holes on drafte day.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I'd say at this point the Browns don't even know who they are going to select.

    Combines, personal workouts and interviews are going to go a long way in how we set our final board and dictate our targeted players.