Jim Tressel H.c. Of The I.c.?
-
thanks woody for being an idiot but he did win 6 straight Big Ten TiTles and oh yeah more BCS games than any other coach
so you can now stick your head back up yrass
Wow, ok. That's a reasonable response to someone that has a different opinion than you....
Not to turn this into a college discussion but Ohio St fans need to realize something, when people bring up OSU, Tressel and cheating, we aren't talking about the tattoos and items the players sold. No one cars about that. Sure, it was kind of suspicious that Pryor drove around in a new car every week and sure it was a dick move by Tressel to rig student raffles so recruits would win, but that isn't the main point here. Tressel knowingly played players that were ineligible and did not tell the NCAA about it. That sounds like a competitive advantage to me.
-
thanks woody for being an idiot but he did win 6 straight Big Ten TiTles and oh yeah more BCS games than any other coach
so you can now stick your head back up yrass
Wow, ok. That's a reasonable response to someone that has a different opinion than you....
Not to turn this into a college discussion but Ohio St fans need to realize something, when people bring up OSU, Tressel and cheating, we aren't talking about the tattoos and items the players sold. No one cars about that. Sure, it was kind of suspicious that Pryor drove around in a new car every week and sure it was a dick move by Tressel to rig student raffles so recruits would win, but that isn't the main point here. Tressel knowingly played players that were ineligible and did not tell the NCAA about it. That sounds like a competitive advantage to me.
Wow, ok. That's a reasonable response to someone that has a different opinion than you....
Not to turn this into a college discussion but Ohio St fans need to realize something, when people bring up OSU, Tressel and cheating, we aren't talking about the tattoos and items the players sold. No one cars about that. Sure, it was kind of suspicious that Pryor drove around in a new car every week and sure it was a dick move by Tressel to rig student raffles so recruits would win, but that isn't the main point here. Tressel knowingly played players that were ineligible and did not tell the NCAA about it. That sounds like a competitive advantage to me.
You are being a total jerk. You were the one to first bring up the college reference and turn it into an argument about college football. Now you say "Not to turn this into a college discussion". You already did with your first post.
-
You are being a total jerk. You were the one to first bring up the college reference and turn it into an argument about college football. Now you say "Not to turn this into a college discussion". You already did with your first post
I made a snide remark in response to someone thinking Tressel was God, they came back with an uncalled for insult and incorrect information and I felt like I needed to respond.
I am done though. I promise. Unless someone responds to me......
-
he's a dickweed! 1st priority is to protect oh state and he was paid lots to do so. Rat on his players........no, higher learning and teaching them the right way. I'd cut off his ball(s)
-
Not sure about any of you but, I work 1 swing shift job and a home machine shop business. I'm drug tested, timed, tested and wrote up if an error is found in my work that could lead to termination. I don't come close to making 3.5 million a year! Hell, I can't image making that in my whole working life time. Now if you are paid that kind of money, you better be damn good at what you do. I think if it was your business and you paid a person 3.5 mill and he left you hanging in scandal, you would want his balls hanging off your rearview mirror.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
Tatoos hardly account for The Tressel era buckeyes kicking the fuck out you worthless, piece of shit Michigan cocksucker fagoots. Big fucking deal, he lied about players trading their own personal property.
No doubt about it, Tressle fucked up, BUT none of that has a fucking thing to do with him turning Michigan into his personal bitch. Tressel used you inbred, toothless assholes to wipe off his nutsack.
Ohio State owns you dumb asses. NOw gtfoth
That's something I can agree with.
And Gipper, I did see something about the valuables given to bowl players. And you can be sure they were sold in many cases. It's a flawed system, but when you get caught, you get caught. Tressel's number was finally called.
Is it fair? Absolutely not, there's coaches out there paying thousands out of pocket to get recruits in. I can personally attest to that. But it's not cheating unless you get caught, I guess.
-
Tatoos hardly account for The Tressel era buckeyes kicking the fuck out you worthless, piece of shit Michigan cocksucker fagoots. Big fucking deal, he lied about players trading their own personal property.
No doubt about it, Tressle fucked up, BUT none of that has a fucking thing to do with him turning Michigan into his personal bitch. Tressel used you inbred, toothless assholes to wipe off his nutsack.
Ohio State owns you dumb asses. NOw gtfoth
....ugh.... if you didn't understand why it was an advantage the first time I don't think you'll get it the second
You give OSU fans a bad name, which I'm fine with. You give Browns fans a bad name too though, and that's not cool.
-
Jimmy is a good man and just got caught up in a catch 22. If anyone had actually read up on the whole mess they would know that he was told by the FBI to be quite because they the FBI was still involved in the investigation. And yes he did lie about it and when he went to suspend the players for their involvement for trading awards for tattoos thehypocritical NCAA told him that he couldn't because they didn't want to lose money on the BCS game.
IMO the NCAA and the BCS committee are all corupt. And do a lot more to hurt college footballs integrity than JT ever did. I wish him well if he gets the job and hope we beat the hell out of his Colts whenever we play them.
And for all of you lowlife Michigan fans, we have Urban Meyer now so we will only improve. So get ready to receive another decade of getting your asses kicked again. I am suprised that any Michigan fan would cry you cheat when a Grand Jury found the Michigan boosters paying players and their families in that big Fab5 scandle. Lucky for you guys the bag man (key witness) ended up dead in a hotel room before he could actually take the stand.
-
Wow, I say one thing you guys don't like and you just throw insults my way. Mighty big of you.
I'm not saying the NCAA rules are perfect, they are far from it, but rules are rules, some OSU players broke them, and Tressel purposely kept that hidden so he could keep them on the field.
and on Meyer, you say OSU will dominate Michigan for the next decade. Has Urban Meyer ever stayed anywhere for a decade?
-
-
Zombo said:
How can you root for BOTH the Steelers and the Colts? Two favorite teams?
Zombo
Actually, I root for the Steelers, Browns, Patriots, Bengals, Packers, and soon to be Indy(if Tressell gets the job) for assorted reasons but that is way over the ablitlty of your elevator. Stick what you do best, believe in two football fantasies, the game is won in the trenches and defense wins championships so losing continues, while I can decide whom I root for or against. There is only one team I dislike and thats the Cowboys so you should root for them
-
Zombo said:
How can you root for BOTH the Steelers and the Colts? Two favorite teams?
Zombo
Actually, I root for the Steelers, Browns, Patriots, Bengals, Packers, and soon to be Indy(if Tressell gets the job) for assorted reasons but that is way over the ablitlty of your elevator. Stick what you do best, believe in two football fantasies, the game is won in the trenches and defense wins championships so losing continues, while I can decide whom I root for or against. There is only one team I dislike and thats the Cowboys so you should root for them
Actually, I root for the Steelers, Browns, Patriots, Bengals, Packers, and soon to be Indy(if Tressell gets the job) for assorted reasons but that is way over the ablitlty of your elevator. Stick what you do best, believe in two football fantasies, the game is won in the trenches and defense wins championships so losing continues, while I can decide whom I root for or against. There is only one team I dislike and thats the Cowboys so you should root for them
Why not the Ravens too? You may as well complete the division..
-
King Ghoolie, you're a horrible person, but a perfect OSU fan.
-
I'm not sure that Tressel is going to be a good fit. He was to conservative at Ohio State. Hope the Colts have a great kicker. Great coach and leader, but his conservative game plan will be hard to swallow for Colt's fans.
-
He was very conservative. There were some games against Michigan when RRod was there that could have been a lot worse on the scoreboard for us
-
He wiped his ass with Michigan. That's what the record shows. There are no asteriks for : almost, only if". Tressell owned Michigan.
Discussion over.
Jesus christ man, what is your problem? I just said Tressel could have beaten us by MORE a few times if we wasn't so conservative.
and there is a asterisk, you vacated the wins from the 2010 season...
but it's ok, I won;t say anything bad about OSU. I think if I said there was crime occasionally on campus you would flip out, insult me, and try to prove there is no crime....
-
This thread cracked me up. Woody your probably better off just letting this one die. You could solve world hunger and still get ragged on just for having that Michigan avatar on here. Rich I am curious as to how you can root for the Browns and the Steelers. I understand respecting the Steelers for what they've accomplished and how they run their organization (same for the Pats) but to actually be a fan kinda baffles me. I get the Bengals (Ohio team) and the Packers (successful, small town team, only community-owned team, ect.) and I can completely understand the hatred of the Cowboys (falsely, self-proclaimed America's team/ typical Texas ego). Now in all fairness, I'm an Oklahoma State fan but usually root for OU since their from Oklahoma and I prefer the Bedlam game at the end of the year to have as much riding on it as possible, but besides that I can't really think of a parallel within my own fandom to rooting for the Browns and Steelers. I can only assume you've either resided in both Cleveland and Pittsburgh or due to the proximity of the two cities, you see a lot of the Steelers and due to extended amounts of exposure have been sucked into rooting for them. Again I ask purely out of curiosity. I'm trying to figure out the thought process that lead to this conclusion. Thanks in advance.
-
Jim Tressel is an absolute winner
Yeah, all he has to do is play ineligible players and lie to the NCAA....
Yeah, all he has to do is play ineligible players and lie to the NCAA....
Awh is that a sad michigan fan?
-
he's a dickweed! 1st priority is to protect oh state and he was paid lots to do so. Rat on his players........no, higher learning and teaching them the right way. I'd cut off his ball(s)
-
Hell, I don't care where Joe is dancing, he's dead! But, JT is alive, here on earth, in a leadership position. Let's hold him to the highest standard and show everyone that the risk of being a cheat is not worth it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

