Skip to content

Jim Tressel H.c. Of The I.c.?

The Browns Board
83 21 2.6k
  • Zombo said:

    How can you root for BOTH the Steelers and the Colts? Two favorite teams?

    Zombo

    Actually, I root for the Steelers, Browns, Patriots, Bengals, Packers, and soon to be Indy(if Tressell gets the job) for assorted reasons but that is way over the ablitlty of your elevator. Stick what you do best, believe in two football fantasies, the game is won in the trenches and defense wins championships so losing continues, while I can decide whom I root for or against. There is only one team I dislike and thats the Cowboys so you should root for them

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @rich4eagle said:

    Actually, I root for the Steelers, Browns, Patriots, Bengals, Packers, and soon to be Indy(if Tressell gets the job) for assorted reasons but that is way over the ablitlty of your elevator. Stick what you do best, believe in two football fantasies, the game is won in the trenches and defense wins championships so losing continues, while I can decide whom I root for or against. There is only one team I dislike and thats the Cowboys so you should root for them

    Why not the Ravens too? You may as well complete the division..

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #24

    King Ghoolie, you're a horrible person, but a perfect OSU fan.

  • BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I'm not sure that Tressel is going to be a good fit. He was to conservative at Ohio State. Hope the Colts have a great kicker. Great coach and leader, but his conservative game plan will be hard to swallow for Colt's fans.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #26

    He was very conservative. There were some games against Michigan when RRod was there that could have been a lot worse on the scoreboard for us

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #27
    He wiped his ass with Michigan. That's what the record shows. There are no asteriks for : almost, only if". Tressell owned Michigan.

    Discussion over.

    Jesus christ man, what is your problem? I just said Tressel could have beaten us by MORE a few times if we wasn't so conservative.

    and there is a asterisk, you vacated the wins from the 2010 season...

    but it's ok, I won;t say anything bad about OSU. I think if I said there was crime occasionally on campus you would flip out, insult me, and try to prove there is no crime....

  • T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    This thread cracked me up. Woody your probably better off just letting this one die. You could solve world hunger and still get ragged on just for having that Michigan avatar on here. Rich I am curious as to how you can root for the Browns and the Steelers. I understand respecting the Steelers for what they've accomplished and how they run their organization (same for the Pats) but to actually be a fan kinda baffles me. I get the Bengals (Ohio team) and the Packers (successful, small town team, only community-owned team, ect.) and I can completely understand the hatred of the Cowboys (falsely, self-proclaimed America's team/ typical Texas ego). Now in all fairness, I'm an Oklahoma State fan but usually root for OU since their from Oklahoma and I prefer the Bedlam game at the end of the year to have as much riding on it as possible, but besides that I can't really think of a parallel within my own fandom to rooting for the Browns and Steelers. I can only assume you've either resided in both Cleveland and Pittsburgh or due to the proximity of the two cities, you see a lot of the Steelers and due to extended amounts of exposure have been sucked into rooting for them. Again I ask purely out of curiosity. I'm trying to figure out the thought process that lead to this conclusion. Thanks in advance.

  • Jim Tressel is an absolute winner

    Yeah, all he has to do is play ineligible players and lie to the NCAA....

    B baybrownsfan wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @mld-woody said:

    Yeah, all he has to do is play ineligible players and lie to the NCAA....

    Awh is that a sad michigan fan?

  • he's a dickweed! 1st priority is to protect oh state and he was paid lots to do so. Rat on his players........no, higher learning and teaching them the right way. I'd cut off his ball(s)

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @bigbambo said:

    he's a dickweed! 1st priority is to protect oh state and he was paid lots to do so. Rat on his players........no, higher learning and teaching them the right way. I'd cut off his ball(s)

    so joe paterno must be dancing with the devil in your eyes.

  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Hell, I don't care where Joe is dancing, he's dead! But, JT is alive, here on earth, in a leadership position. Let's hold him to the highest standard and show everyone that the risk of being a cheat is not worth it.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #32

    he's a cheat? tried not ruining a bunch of young kid's college careers by not reporting that they sold some of their own property to get tattoos. oooh, what a cheat!

  • he's a cheat? tried not ruining a bunch of young kid's college careers by not reporting that they sold some of their own property to get tattoos. oooh, what a cheat!

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @miktoxic said:

    he's a cheat? tried not ruining a bunch of young kid's college careers by not reporting that they sold some of their own property to get tattoos. oooh, what a cheat!

    This. What happened at Ohio state is so over-blown. They can take away the national championship but they can't make them not have won it. He didn't cheat he made a poor decision. I expect you've made a few yourself.

  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by
    #34

    If you don't report a violation and cover it up, IMO it is cheating. UNacceptable for a person making 3.5 mill a year! For that kinda of mula you should know and abide by the rules.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #35

    what a hater your are. why are you even on this board?

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #36

    ^so everyone on this board needs to have the exact same opinion as you on every subject?

    This thread cracked me up. Woody your probably better off just letting this one die. You could solve world hunger and still get ragged on just for having that Michigan avatar on here.

    I think you're right Taco... what a sad world

    Awh is that a sad michigan fan?

    Why am I sad? People cheat, people lie, shit happens. That fact that I sated the truth about a situation does not mean I am sad that Michigan lost to OSU a lot.

    On another note though, 422 days since OSU last beat Michigan 🙂

  • Tatoos hardly account for The Tressel era buckeyes kicking the fuck out you worthless, piece of shit Michigan cocksucker fagoots. Big fucking deal, he lied about players trading their own personal property.

    No doubt about it, Tressle fucked up, BUT none of that has a fucking thing to do with him turning Michigan into his personal bitch. Tressel used you inbred, toothless assholes to wipe off his nutsack.

    Ohio State owns you dumb asses. NOw gtfoth

    ....ugh.... if you didn't understand why it was an advantage the first time I don't think you'll get it the second

    You give OSU fans a bad name, which I'm fine with. You give Browns fans a bad name too though, and that's not cool.

    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by Mr. T
    #37

    @mld-woody said:

    ....ugh.... if you didn't understand why it was an advantage the first time I don't think you'll get it the second

    You give OSU fans a bad name, which I'm fine with. You give Browns fans a bad name too though, and that's not cool.

    Hey Walmart Wolverine, Michigan fans are a disgrace anywhere you go.

    You may be a Browns fan but I will believe you are traitor to the state of Ohio.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #38

    ^ I am a traitor to Ohio because I chose to go to a college better than any in the state of Ohio? Why should I have to limit myself academically just to prove I am a real Browns fan/Ohioan?

    Also, I don't believe you understand what Walmart Wolverine is. I know you guys love to insult me every chance you get because of the M in my avatar, but at least insult me correctly...

  • ^so everyone on this board needs to have the exact same opinion as you on every subject?

    This thread cracked me up. Woody your probably better off just letting this one die. You could solve world hunger and still get ragged on just for having that Michigan avatar on here.

    I think you're right Taco... what a sad world

    Awh is that a sad michigan fan?

    Why am I sad? People cheat, people lie, shit happens. That fact that I sated the truth about a situation does not mean I am sad that Michigan lost to OSU a lot.

    On another note though, 422 days since OSU last beat Michigan 🙂

    B baybrownsfan wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @mld-woody said:

    ^so everyone on this board needs to have the exact same opinion as you on every subject?

    I think you're right Taco... what a sad world

    Why am I sad? People cheat, people lie, shit happens. That fact that I sated the truth about a situation does not mean I am sad that Michigan lost to OSU a lot.

    On another note though, 422 days since OSU last beat Michigan 🙂

    Do you really think Denard is going to have any hope against Braxton now that Urban has his hands on him? And seriously, you should not be allowed to root for the Browns or even live in Ohio, Traitor. With a capital T.

  • ^ I am a traitor to Ohio because I chose to go to a college better than any in the state of Ohio? Why should I have to limit myself academically just to prove I am a real Browns fan/Ohioan?

    Also, I don't believe you understand what Walmart Wolverine is. I know you guys love to insult me every chance you get because of the M in my avatar, but at least insult me correctly...

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #40

    @mld-woody said:

    I know you guys love to insult me every chance you get because of the M in my avatar

    you're not that important for anyone to care enough about to have some type of vendetta against you. newbie with an attitude that's what everyone loves.

    i could care less where you go to school. i just know you have no life experience about anything except being a student and yet you talk bad about someone who has done nothing in his professional career to help less fortunate people than yourself do something with themselves.

    being so holier than thou you are setting yourself up for a big wake up call, sucker.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #41

    I live just outside of Cleveland but I can't root for the Browns because I go to an amazing college? Makes sense...

    I am planning to intern and then work in Ohio after college full time too. If anything you should be happy some engineering talent is staying in the state...

    I'm not going to predict the future with Urban at OSU. Having both OSU and Michigan as national powers can only help the rivalry and the conference. Every OSU fan seems to think they are guaranteed 17 national titles now and they'll beat Michigan every year, but we'll see. I also am pretty sure Denard doesn't have to deal with Braxton, our D does. You should also be more worried about what happens after Braxton leaves, that's normally the time Urban gets a really bad headache or he just jumps ship completely.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #42
    i could care less where you go to school. i just know you have no life experience about anything except being a student and yet you talk bad about someone who has done nothing in his professional career to help less fortunate people than yourself do something with themselves.

    Who was that? I honestly don't remember because I am trying to reply to a bunch of people at once.

    Do you mean Tressel? I didn't talk bad about Tressel. I said he lied to the NCAA and played ineligible players, that's true, it's a fact. I'm sure he is a great leader and a good role model for some of the players OSU brings in, but that doesn't mean he didn't do what I said.

    I realize a lot of you guys love Tressel and think he is God, but you have to at least acknowledge that facts here. I mean, if Hoke got caught lying to the NCAA I wouldn't go around ignoring it and insulting anyone that said he did. I come to grips with the fact our coach did something underhanded and I would be disappointed in him.

    I'm not trying to act better than anyone else. I'm just trying to understand where these insults are coming from after I only say factual info, even if it may be something you don't want to hear.