Skip to content

Jim Tressel H.c. Of The I.c.?

The Browns Board
83 21 2.6k
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #41

    I live just outside of Cleveland but I can't root for the Browns because I go to an amazing college? Makes sense...

    I am planning to intern and then work in Ohio after college full time too. If anything you should be happy some engineering talent is staying in the state...

    I'm not going to predict the future with Urban at OSU. Having both OSU and Michigan as national powers can only help the rivalry and the conference. Every OSU fan seems to think they are guaranteed 17 national titles now and they'll beat Michigan every year, but we'll see. I also am pretty sure Denard doesn't have to deal with Braxton, our D does. You should also be more worried about what happens after Braxton leaves, that's normally the time Urban gets a really bad headache or he just jumps ship completely.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #42
    i could care less where you go to school. i just know you have no life experience about anything except being a student and yet you talk bad about someone who has done nothing in his professional career to help less fortunate people than yourself do something with themselves.

    Who was that? I honestly don't remember because I am trying to reply to a bunch of people at once.

    Do you mean Tressel? I didn't talk bad about Tressel. I said he lied to the NCAA and played ineligible players, that's true, it's a fact. I'm sure he is a great leader and a good role model for some of the players OSU brings in, but that doesn't mean he didn't do what I said.

    I realize a lot of you guys love Tressel and think he is God, but you have to at least acknowledge that facts here. I mean, if Hoke got caught lying to the NCAA I wouldn't go around ignoring it and insulting anyone that said he did. I come to grips with the fact our coach did something underhanded and I would be disappointed in him.

    I'm not trying to act better than anyone else. I'm just trying to understand where these insults are coming from after I only say factual info, even if it may be something you don't want to hear.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
    #43

    This thread is completely pointless.

    It took an interim head coach and a decimated roster for Michigan to scrape out a win.

    Enjoy your win now, because it won't be happening again soon.

    Tressel owned michigan. Fickel didn't. I'm sure Urban will, or else we'll find someone who can.

    Oh Jesus, is this what we sounded like after beating Pitt?

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #44

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, you give Browns fans a fantastic name....

    This is a BROWNS board, I'm a BROWNS fan. Not Every Browns fan is an OSU fan too, and just gets lumped in with everyone else as far as fanbase goes. I know that may be shocking to you.

    You guys wanted to anoint Tressel as God, I made a note he LIED to the NCAA, then you got all up in arms like I just insulted your deepest relative and kept insulting and attacking me. I didn't start this, you just read something you didn't want to hear next to a Michigan emblem and your OSU instincts took over as you blindly spewed swears and ignorance all over your keyboard....

    Ghoolie, your info says you live in Memphis, why are YOU here? Shouldn't you be on the Titans board? If I can't be a Browns fan even though I live in the greater Cleveland area I doubt you can be one and live in another state...

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #45

    let it go man....tressels issues were only a result of a corrupt NCAA organization. he was just protecting the children.....

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #46

    I never said I agreed with the rules, I just said he lied to the NCAA.

    I'm not sure if that children line is sarcastic or not. If it is, that's pretty funny.

  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by bigbambo
    #47

    I would sentence Tressel to dress like Angus Young and make him shower with Sandusky every day for 10 years. I think a true fan of OSU would chastise anyone that brought a bad light to this school! But nooooo, we'll just blow smoke up everyone's ass and act like a big baby. If you want to be proud of anything, you must promote honesty and class! Making excuses for these morons is just childish.

  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Bullshit, he new it was wrong an tried to cover it up! If you don't like the NCAA red tape, either work to change the rules, live by them or get a job slinging fries. I see many rules that I do not agree with but I have to comply or be punished. Have you ever known one of these sport stars? They are treated like royalty and feel the rules don't apply to them, they are special. And for the most part, they are correct!

    "no one thinks what Tressel did was that bad" I know many alum that don't have their head up their ass that think he did OSU wrong by protecting these narcissistic players. I am an OSU fan and would love to be proud of it's football program but, I'm not!

  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by
    #49

    You heard me and understand....just can't swallow the truth cause you have been nothing more that a click cheerleader your whole life! Get your ticket out and go see lady goo goo and cry!

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #50

    was riggin the raffles so the good recruits win also taking bullets for 19 year olds?

  • thanks woody for being an idiot but he did win 6 straight Big Ten TiTles and oh yeah more BCS games than any other coach

    so you can now stick your head back up yrass

    Wow, ok. That's a reasonable response to someone that has a different opinion than you....

    Not to turn this into a college discussion but Ohio St fans need to realize something, when people bring up OSU, Tressel and cheating, we aren't talking about the tattoos and items the players sold. No one cars about that. Sure, it was kind of suspicious that Pryor drove around in a new car every week and sure it was a dick move by Tressel to rig student raffles so recruits would win, but that isn't the main point here. Tressel knowingly played players that were ineligible and did not tell the NCAA about it. That sounds like a competitive advantage to me.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @mld-woody said:

    Wow, ok. That's a reasonable response to someone that has a different opinion than you....

    Not to turn this into a college discussion but Ohio St fans need to realize something, when people bring up OSU, Tressel and cheating, we aren't talking about the tattoos and items the players sold. No one cars about that. Sure, it was kind of suspicious that Pryor drove around in a new car every week and sure it was a dick move by Tressel to rig student raffles so recruits would win, but that isn't the main point here. Tressel knowingly played players that were ineligible and did not tell the NCAA about it. That sounds like a competitive advantage to me.

    Hell, the NCAA let them play even after they found out about the violations. If it was such a bad deal, why did they let them play in the Sugar Bowl.

    Pure Hypocrisy.

  • Wow, I say one thing you guys don't like and you just throw insults my way. Mighty big of you.

    I'm not saying the NCAA rules are perfect, they are far from it, but rules are rules, some OSU players broke them, and Tressel purposely kept that hidden so he could keep them on the field.

    and on Meyer, you say OSU will dominate Michigan for the next decade. Has Urban Meyer ever stayed anywhere for a decade?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @mld-woody said:

    Wow, I say one thing you guys don't like and you just throw insults my way. Mighty big of you.

    I'm not saying the NCAA rules are perfect, they are far from it, but rules are rules, some OSU players broke them, and Tressel purposely kept that hidden so he could keep them on the field.

    and on Meyer, you say OSU will dominate Michigan for the next decade. Has Urban Meyer ever stayed anywhere for a decade?

    You see, to Meyer, there is no higher plane to achieve than being the OSU coach. Even the almighty (and heavily cheat filled 200K players) SEC wasn't as high as OSU.

    I mean, it would be like if a guy born/raised in Michigan wanted to come back to Michigan to coach....but we know that all the good coaches come from Ohio...even those from the SEC. Les Miles, Nick Saban, Meyer....and other conferences like Stoop for OK.

    Name any good coaches that came from Michigan.

  • Hell, I don't care where Joe is dancing, he's dead! But, JT is alive, here on earth, in a leadership position. Let's hold him to the highest standard and show everyone that the risk of being a cheat is not worth it.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @bigbambo said:

    Hell, I don't care where Joe is dancing, he's dead! But, JT is alive, here on earth, in a leadership position. Let's hold him to the highest standard and show everyone that the risk of being a cheat is not worth it.

    It is irrelevent in the pro game. A guy can be given, say, a Super Bowl ring....and then turn around and sell it. And he won't be declared "ineligible" to play the next season.

    Even after the NFL knew he sold it.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #54

    I was going to and help the Michigan guy out and say Brady Hoke but he's from Ohio and went to college in Indiana...

  • ^ I am a traitor to Ohio because I chose to go to a college better than any in the state of Ohio? Why should I have to limit myself academically just to prove I am a real Browns fan/Ohioan?

    Also, I don't believe you understand what Walmart Wolverine is. I know you guys love to insult me every chance you get because of the M in my avatar, but at least insult me correctly...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @mld-woody said:

    ^ I am a traitor to Ohio because I chose to go to a college better than any in the state of Ohio? Why should I have to limit myself academically just to prove I am a real Browns fan/Ohioan?

    Also, I don't believe you understand what Walmart Wolverine is. I know you guys love to insult me every chance you get because of the M in my avatar, but at least insult me correctly...

    Shoulda applied at MIT dude.

  • I never said I agreed with the rules, I just said he lied to the NCAA.

    I'm not sure if that children line is sarcastic or not. If it is, that's pretty funny.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @mld-woody said:

    I never said I agreed with the rules, I just said he lied to the NCAA.

    I'm not sure if that children line is sarcastic or not. If it is, that's pretty funny.

    How do you reconcile the fact that after he DID report it....and it WAS Tressel who reported it....and it was Tressel who told them the first time that he did not report the violation....that the NCAA allowed the players to play even knowing what they did?

    They essentially said: we know you violated our archaic rules, we know the coach didn't report you....we have all the facts....but we are going to ignore everything and allow you to play in the Sugar Bowl.

    Explain that.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #57

    Zombo said:

    As an outsider and a fan of a rival team ... no one thinks what Tressel did was that bad, he just caught up in all the ridiculous NCAA red tape bureaucracy ... he was a great coach and his good FAR outweighs any bad ... to suggest otherwise is a complete moron or someone with an ax to grind.

    Z

    Which team is that Z?

  • I was going to and help the Michigan guy out and say Brady Hoke but he's from Ohio and went to college in Indiana...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @mark-o said:

    I was going to and help the Michigan guy out and say Brady Hoke but he's from Ohio and went to college in Indiana...

    I didn't know he was from Ohio. I think he is probably going to be a good coach....but it just proves the adage I said before:

    "There ain't nothin' good about Michigan that didn't come from Ohio".

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #59
    How do you reconcile the fact that after he DID report it....and it WAS Tressel who reported it....and it was Tressel who told them the first time that he did not report the violation....that the NCAA allowed the players to play even knowing what they did?

    They essentially said: we know you violated our archaic rules, we know the coach didn't report you....we have all the facts....but we are going to ignore everything and allow you to play in the Sugar Bowl.

    Explain that.

    Two corrupt, incompetent organizations do not make a right.

    The NCAA shouldn't have let them play in the Sugar Bowl.

    Tressel shouldn't have lied to the NCAA and played players he knew were ineligible.

  • @mark-o said:

    I was going to and help the Michigan guy out and say Brady Hoke but he's from Ohio and went to college in Indiana...

    I didn't know he was from Ohio. I think he is probably going to be a good coach....but it just proves the adage I said before:

    "There ain't nothin' good about Michigan that didn't come from Ohio".

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @the-gipper said:

    I didn't know he was from Ohio. I think he is probably going to be a good coach....but it just proves the adage I said before:

    "There ain't nothin' good about Michigan that didn't come from Ohio".

    I actually didn't know that either. I thought he was from Indiana. But he is a very very good football coach.