Age....music
-
:lol: 
i hope that was a sound check as there was absolutely no one there. terrible.
-
-
one I missed: Tracy Chapman, from Cleveland:
-
One of the original "soul" acts, Ruby and the Romantics, from Akron. You should know this song which was covered by many people, including Cher:
-
Buckner and Garcia from Akron. They also did a song called "Merry Christmas in the NFL" but I could not find a version by them, though I did find a cover version:
-
The Valentino's, from Cleveland included Rock n Roll Hall of Famer Bobby Womack and Cecil Womack had a few hits. This one however is more well known because the Rolling Stones covered it:
-
More Funky Stuff: The Dazz Band from Cleveland. Here, live from the Roxy in LA:
-
One of the great songs of all time, by The Human Beinz out of Youngstown:
-
Here is that Merry Christmas In the NFL song, written by guys from Akron, but covered by someone else here:
-
I guess we have to have the theme song to the Cleveland Brown Show:
-
one I missed: Tracy Chapman, from Cleveland:
one I missed: Tracy Chapman, from Cleveland:
saw her singing for change outside the train station in harvard square in boston. i think a year later she was signed and had that breakout hit. if you like her music you should check out the song 'sorry'. one of the sappiest forgiveness songs i've ever heard.
-
Like it or not, the top musician from Cleveland was Frankie Yankoic....the KING of Polka....Really!!!
-
The Black Keys
The Pretty Reckless
Chickenfoot
-
Like it or not, the top musician from Cleveland was Frankie Yankoic....the KING of Polka....Really!!!
-
Another immortal, from Cleveland (though the Credence version of this song is more well known, Screamin' Jay Hawkins wrote it):
And check this out about Hawkins who was a POW in WWII:
Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, Hawkins studied classical piano as a child and learned guitar in his twenties.[2] His initial goal was to become an opera singer (Hawkins has cited Paul Robeson as his musical idol in interviews),[3] but when his initial ambitions failed he began his career as a conventional blues singer and pianist.
He served in the United States Army Air Force in the Pacific theater during World War II,[verification needed] primarily as an entertainer. Although he claimed to have been tortured for some time as a prisoner of war, stories of the circumstances of his actual capture vary. According to the documentary I Put a Spell on Me, upon liberation he blew his chief tormentor's head off by taping a hand-grenade into his mouth and pulling the pin
-
The Black Keys
The Pretty Reckless
Chickenfoot
The Black Keys
The Pretty Reckless
Chickenfoot
Are you claiming that Chickenfoot if from NE Ohio? I don't see how. Those guys are from California or NY or elsewhere.
The other band is from NYC.
-
Some of you guys are really showing your age

I think there was a song called "tub thumping" by "chompawamba" or something like that
I don't know but it reminds me of the Browns... "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down!" ...that's my Brownies. 
-
Some of you guys are really showing your age

I think there was a song called "tub thumping" by "chompawamba" or something like that
I don't know but it reminds me of the Browns... "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down!" ...that's my Brownies. 
Some of you guys are really showing your age

I think there was a song called "tub thumping" by "chompawamba" or something like that
I don't know but it reminds me of the Browns... "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down!" ...that's my Brownies. 
That's right. We were around when music was great.....not like today so much.
Besides, I chose Northeast Ohio acts. Some has beens, some never was, some are, some never will be, some maybe someday.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login