Skip to content

What does Mangini do with Cribbs?

The Browns Board
21 17 1.5k
  • I thought about this about mid-point this year. His hard hitting on kick coverage is what sparked it. I have to admit, I have re-thought this. He's fast running forward, but what about the back peddle? Wouldn't mind seeing them try it out, but I'm just not sure.

    I personally like him in the backfield. His vision suits him well as a RB. I think he would need to add a little bulk to take the punishment of a RB in this league.

    All things aside, Cribbs is the best football player on this team, bar none.

    @philbert79 said:

    I thought about this about mid-point this year. His hard hitting on kick coverage is what sparked it. I have to admit, I have re-thought this. He's fast running forward, but what about the back peddle? Wouldn't mind seeing them try it out, but I'm just not sure.

    I personally like him in the backfield. His vision suits him well as a RB. I think he would need to add a little bulk to take the punishment of a RB in this league.

    All things aside, Cribbs is the best football player on this team, bar none.

    That is why I think safety would be the spot. You don't need the loose hips as you do to be a corner.

    I have never thought him a corner....but as a safety I think he could excel.

  • Cribbs is versatile given the proper training and mentoring he could quickly master most secondary positions and all skill positions on the offense..

  • What could we get for Cribbs in trade picks????

    Yes, i'm serious.

  • Cribbs could so be a Free Safety and replace Pool, instant upgrade there, or he could be a part time LB, Cribbs isnt CB material

  • I don't have a hard time picturing him being a 3rd or 4th corner. He'd get used enough but not too much, and I think he could do it. For those who say he's too stiff and not short distance quick enough, I would say I thought those things about him returning kicks.

  • Clone him.

    Replicate him.

    Then play him everywhere.

  • @gravy_insane said:

    Whats the difference?

    You pay 60$ for one because its from korea, and you pay 250$ for another because its made in china.

    Thats the diff.

    AdaM said:

    You pay 60$ for one because its from korea, and you pay 250$ for another because its made in china.

    Thats the diff.

    $60 for one from Korea, shoot that is too high, bout 40 or less sometimes too. Got me a Quinn one for $10, went with someone who bought alot from a little shop in Osan, and they gave me his discount for being repeat customer.

  • Mangini had a very nice package in the offense of the Jets for Brad Smith. A Youngstown kid that was QB for Misouri. He is very simular to Cribbs in build and was a running QB in college. The Jets made him a RB and he did their version of the flash package.

    I would think if he wants him to contribute more on offense he may take him off coverage teams. He would still return kicks and punts but just not be involved on the coverage teams. That would free him up more to be a 3rd down back or slot receiver.

  • Trade him to Pittsburgh for ...say a 5th Round Draft pick !

  • Cribbs is a is a star right where he is.. We need some other guys to go with him. Cribbs is the kick returner.. part time reciever and slash QB... That's what he is..

  • Cribbs is a is a star right where he is.. We need some other guys to go with him. Cribbs is the kick returner.. part time reciever and slash QB... That's what he is..

    @sez.ej said:

    Cribbs is a is a star right where he is.. We need some other guys to go with him. Cribbs is the kick returner.. part time reciever and slash QB... That's what he is..

    I'd like to see if he could be a better RB then WR. Would love to see him taking a swing pass out of the backfield or running draw plays.

  • Cribbs is a is a star right where he is.. We need some other guys to go with him. Cribbs is the kick returner.. part time reciever and slash QB... That's what he is..

    @sez.ej said:

    Cribbs is a is a star right where he is.. We need some other guys to go with him. Cribbs is the kick returner.. part time reciever and slash QB... That's what he is..

    Romeo?You still here? I thought you would've left town by now.

  • I know some of us around here have been saying that Cribbs is best suited to be a defensive back. Some of us also have been saying that Cribbs needs an ACTUAL position instead of floating around as a part-time QB, part-time RB, and part-time WR.

    I believe Mangini was the DB coach in New England when Troy Brown was made into a pretty good defensive back. Could he, and will he, use Cribbs as a DB?

    (I got me a Cribbs authentic and I want security about his future...((Not the cheap kind of authentic either...the real deal))...)

    @dtbh said:

    I know some of us around here have been saying that Cribbs is best suited to be a defensive back. Some of us also have been saying that Cribbs needs an ACTUAL position instead of floating around as a part-time QB, part-time RB, and part-time WR.

    I believe Mangini was the DB coach in New England when Troy Brown was made into a pretty good defensive back. Could he, and will he, use Cribbs as a DB?

    (I got me a Cribbs authentic and I want security about his future...((Not the cheap kind of authentic either...the real deal))...)

    Put down the drink, drop the doobie, and stop thinking so much.

    Cribbs is a football player who rocks Special Teams. Calm down about him playing anything else.

    Geez you guys need to settle the fook down with Cribbs.

  • Only a complete jackoff would take a guy who can catch the ball, run the ball and throw the ball and stick his ass into a position chosen for LESS TALENTED guys who DON'T HAVE hands.

    Good fricken grief!

    SKILLED players are the hardest to find.

    Cribbs is skilled.

    Offensive Linemen are fatasses with very little athletic skill.

    Cribbs needs to be given the football. WHo says he needs a position? Why? Will he be faster or have shiftier moves as a defender?

    Mix it up, but get the ball in his hands.

  • We'll see what happens, but all I can state is MY preference, & I am certainly no expert, but here is my opinion....

    1) I feel Cribb's talent is wasted on the few touches he gets as a special teamer

    2) I am a big believer in a 2 back offense...a BIG power back & a guy like Cribbs...he has speed, surprising power, is elusive, can catch, AND throw the ball. Add to all that his intensity & passion for the game. Talk about a player who can really diversify an offense!!

    Just another fan's opinion, for what it's worth.

    Mike

  • Put Cribbs at free safety and move brodney to the # 2 or 3 Corner. Brodney played some Corner in 2006 when gary baxter, daylon mccutcheon, and leigh bodden were out with injuries.