2012 Nfl Draft
-
that'll be great!!
Mercilus and Minniefield WILL BOTH be available second round. I chose Blackmon and Burfict. Blackmon I feel is the obvious choice. Burfict I know many people don't like. But if he can put all the bullshit behind him and play like a maniac without the penalties, he can be special. After that I would say our biggest need is DE. In the second round we could still get a very good DE. I feel this is the biggest need because I feel that an upgrade over Jayme Mitchell will be much more significant than any other. Plus, I feel if we add a solid piece then we can have a GREAT defensive line for atleast 5-6 years.
-
that'll be great!!
Mercilus and Minniefield WILL BOTH be available second round. I chose Blackmon and Burfict. Blackmon I feel is the obvious choice. Burfict I know many people don't like. But if he can put all the bullshit behind him and play like a maniac without the penalties, he can be special. After that I would say our biggest need is DE. In the second round we could still get a very good DE. I feel this is the biggest need because I feel that an upgrade over Jayme Mitchell will be much more significant than any other. Plus, I feel if we add a solid piece then we can have a GREAT defensive line for atleast 5-6 years.
Mercilus and Minniefield WILL BOTH be available second round. I chose Blackmon and Burfict. Blackmon I feel is the obvious choice. Burfict I know many people don't like. But if he can put all the bullshit behind him and play like a maniac without the penalties, he can be special. After that I would say our biggest need is DE. In the second round we could still get a very good DE. I feel this is the biggest need because I feel that an upgrade over Jayme Mitchell will be much more significant than any other. Plus, I feel if we add a solid piece then we can have a GREAT defensive line for atleast 5-6 years.
Also, on Burfict, I think he's better suited at outside linebacker, especially if (and hopefully if) we resign Jackson. He's very fast and can track done players to the outside and hopefully get at the quarterback, or atleast scare them, off the edge.
-
I chose blackmon in the first round because he looks to be a beast at wide reciever and the browns really need help there. I would say your next biggest need is a defensive end because only sheard got pressure and even he was inconsistent. I would say the Browns should go with BPA with the 22nd pick because the draft is deep enough at DE to wait till the second round. It might be interesting if Quinton Couples dropped to 22nd pick because he didn't have a great season because he has a lot of potential but looked disinterested this season so i don't think they should draft him but it could happen.
-
Where was the "trade up" option for our #4?

Agree that there's a lot of data yet to come, but still fun to speculate...
I trade down the #4. Not in the RG3 camp and I'm cooling on Blackmon. I'm starting to think that he's not fast enough to compliment the current W/R corps. Someone around Miami at #8 will trade up for RG3 or Blackmon.
Not clairvoyant enough to ferret out #22. Someone not listed who was expected to go higher, e.g., Tannehill or perhaps even one of the listed #4 pick choices, will fall to 22, so "other" is my choice for now.
Needs-wise... LB tops my list for the draft. Zach Brown may be the only legit 1st rounder in 2012 suited for the 4-3. If he's there at #22, may be able to trade down a few slots and still get him. DE draft depth makes it likely that need can be more than adequately filled at #37.
On the other side of the ball there's W/R, OL and RB needs to be sure, but I see more late-round and FA options there.
-
This isn't very useful. The draft isn't just "who do you want?!" as though nobody else does anything.
I wouldn't trade anything this draft, we need good players who will be here a while. If Adams or either of the Stanford OL or any of the top3 DE's are still around at 22, I'd grab them.. if not, Wright.
Same at 4.. I'd grab whichever of RG3/Blackmon isn't picked at 2/3, because one of those 2 picks will be Kalil.
-
Browns Fans, I'm taking a poll on the 2012 NFL Draft. We have two picks in the first round, #4 and #22. Please answer honestly and thoughtfully. With enough responses we can get a better feel for how the Browns faithful view this upcoming draft. If selecting "Other" please give us an idea of whom you are thinking. Thanks and feel free to liberally leave comments and opinions.
Browns Fans, I'm taking a poll on the 2012 NFL Draft. We have two picks in the first round, #4 and #22. Please answer honestly and thoughtfully. With enough responses we can get a better feel for how the Browns faithful view this upcoming draft. If selecting "Other" please give us an idea of whom you are thinking. Thanks and feel free to liberally leave comments and opinions.
I trade down a few slots to a team who wants RGIII or Richardson or whoever and select Ryan Tannihill.
It may be considered a bit of a reach taking him at 10 or so, but that is ok since we will pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder. In the end it won't matter because Tannihill is going to be a stud NFL QB.
The second pick is for a receiver. I clicked Floyd, but Wright works as well.
-
Where was the "trade up" option for our #4?

Agree that there's a lot of data yet to come, but still fun to speculate...
I trade down the #4. Not in the RG3 camp and I'm cooling on Blackmon. I'm starting to think that he's not fast enough to compliment the current W/R corps. Someone around Miami at #8 will trade up for RG3 or Blackmon.
Not clairvoyant enough to ferret out #22. Someone not listed who was expected to go higher, e.g., Tannehill or perhaps even one of the listed #4 pick choices, will fall to 22, so "other" is my choice for now.
Needs-wise... LB tops my list for the draft. Zach Brown may be the only legit 1st rounder in 2012 suited for the 4-3. If he's there at #22, may be able to trade down a few slots and still get him. DE draft depth makes it likely that need can be more than adequately filled at #37.
On the other side of the ball there's W/R, OL and RB needs to be sure, but I see more late-round and FA options there.
Where was the "trade up" option for our #4?

Agree that there's a lot of data yet to come, but still fun to speculate...
I trade down the #4. Not in the RG3 camp and I'm cooling on Blackmon. I'm starting to think that he's not fast enough to compliment the current W/R corps. Someone around Miami at #8 will trade up for RG3 or Blackmon.
Not clairvoyant enough to ferret out #22. Someone not listed who was expected to go higher, e.g., Tannehill or perhaps even one of the listed #4 pick choices, will fall to 22, so "other" is my choice for now.
Needs-wise... LB tops my list for the draft. Zach Brown may be the only legit 1st rounder in 2012 suited for the 4-3. If he's there at #22, may be able to trade down a few slots and still get him. DE draft depth makes it likely that need can be more than adequately filled at #37.
On the other side of the ball there's W/R, OL and RB needs to be sure, but I see more late-round and FA options there.
IF Zach Brown is still there at 22 then there is no chance in hell we pass on him. He would fill our biggest need defensively and the Browns would not trade down and even risk letting him go even to move down 3 spots.
-
i hope we trade down and get claiborne and add a pick. address DE or LB with second pick. there'll be a speedy receiver in the second round that could still beat out any of the guys we have already. love zach brown at 22 but i think he'll be gone. might want to take a look at hightower as well.
as far as what our biggest needs are i picked like 5 of 'em. should add the old "all of the above" category.
-
The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position.
I'm curious to the opinion you guys have on Marcus Benard. I think the young man was coming of age before his unfortunate motor accident. From what I've heard, he's going to be okay. A broken forearm and some nasty roadrash shouldn't put him out of commission. I think that Marcus could be the DE we need opposite Sheard. Maybe we could bypass the position early in the draft. What do you think?
-
The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position.
I'm curious to the opinion you guys have on Marcus Benard. I think the young man was coming of age before his unfortunate motor accident. From what I've heard, he's going to be okay. A broken forearm and some nasty roadrash shouldn't put him out of commission. I think that Marcus could be the DE we need opposite Sheard. Maybe we could bypass the position early in the draft. What do you think?
The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position.
I'm curious to the opinion you guys have on Marcus Benard. I think the young man was coming of age before his unfortunate motor accident. From what I've heard, he's going to be okay. A broken forearm and some nasty roadrash shouldn't put him out of commission. I think that Marcus could be the DE we need opposite Sheard. Maybe we could bypass the position early in the draft. What do you think?
I brought up that thought on Bernard before and the responses I received was that we can't count on him to come back healthy or be the player he looked like he was starting to become so we should take a DE if we had a nice one in a good position to draft him. He had 7.5 sacks two years ago, as many as Sheard had in his solid rookie year. Also, you have to think that he didn't start and was a situational pass rusher and still put up those numbers.
-
The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position.
I'm curious to the opinion you guys have on Marcus Benard. I think the young man was coming of age before his unfortunate motor accident. From what I've heard, he's going to be okay. A broken forearm and some nasty roadrash shouldn't put him out of commission. I think that Marcus could be the DE we need opposite Sheard. Maybe we could bypass the position early in the draft. What do you think?
I brought up that thought on Bernard before and the responses I received was that we can't count on him to come back healthy or be the player he looked like he was starting to become so we should take a DE if we had a nice one in a good position to draft him. He had 7.5 sacks two years ago, as many as Sheard had in his solid rookie year. Also, you have to think that he didn't start and was a situational pass rusher and still put up those numbers.
I brought up that thought on Bernard before and the responses I received was that we can't count on him to come back healthy or be the player he looked like he was starting to become so we should take a DE if we had a nice one in a good position to draft him. He had 7.5 sacks two years ago, as many as Sheard had in his solid rookie year. Also, you have to think that he didn't start and was a situational pass rusher and still put up those numbers.
I think that he was also challenged this early part of the season this year from something of the order of not having an official offseason with limited contact from coaching staff and front office. Didn't he put on weight or lost weight to play to a different position then he was told he's gonna be doing the opposite? I think that he'll be at 100% again and on the right track by training camp this year.
-
I'm also optimistic on Greg Little. The kid didn't even play ball the year prior but still managed to become the best target from the wide receivers this season. I think that he'll continue to grow and build on what he's started, the future is bright for Little.
-
I'm also optimistic on Greg Little. The kid didn't even play ball the year prior but still managed to become the best target from the wide receivers this season. I think that he'll continue to grow and build on what he's started, the future is bright for Little.
I'm also optimistic on Greg Little. The kid didn't even play ball the year prior but still managed to become the best target from the wide receivers this season. I think that he'll continue to grow and build on what he's started, the future is bright for Little.
I like Little with another receiver here, he is set to become a YAC machine. he just needs to keep his Edwards moments to a minimum and he will be great.
-
The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position.
I'm curious to the opinion you guys have on Marcus Benard. I think the young man was coming of age before his unfortunate motor accident. From what I've heard, he's going to be okay. A broken forearm and some nasty roadrash shouldn't put him out of commission. I think that Marcus could be the DE we need opposite Sheard. Maybe we could bypass the position early in the draft. What do you think?
I brought up that thought on Bernard before and the responses I received was that we can't count on him to come back healthy or be the player he looked like he was starting to become so we should take a DE if we had a nice one in a good position to draft him. He had 7.5 sacks two years ago, as many as Sheard had in his solid rookie year. Also, you have to think that he didn't start and was a situational pass rusher and still put up those numbers.
I brought up that thought on Bernard before and the responses I received was that we can't count on him to come back healthy or be the player he looked like he was starting to become so we should take a DE if we had a nice one in a good position to draft him. He had 7.5 sacks two years ago, as many as Sheard had in his solid rookie year. Also, you have to think that he didn't start and was a situational pass rusher and still put up those numbers.
He should be healthy. It's not like he messed his knee up like Winslow or anything. If I remember correctly he just broke his hand or thumb really bad, knew he was going to be out for over half the season, and just used the chance to put him on none football related IR. He should be fine, but I agree that we should look at other DE options just for the fact we don't know what he can do as a 4-3 DE in the NFL.
-
I picked RGIII and Michael Floyd.
- Just way too much upside to RGIII, not to mention it's a position in awful need.
- I don't think Michael Floyd will be there, but if he is, take him. If he's not; Kendall Wright. (I'm going to wait until the Senior Bowl and Combine to truly choose between Floyd and Wright, though. They might switch, in my mocks.)
-
Too early as stated previously, but for now, here are my feelings. I do not think Hillis will be back or stay healthy, so I want to trade down & grab T Richardson. At 22, I'll trust our outstanding D Coaches to keep Vontaze Burfict in line, yet install his intimidating presence at OLB with DQ (PLEASE resign him!) at ILB. I did not go for a WR as it takes 2-3 years for WRs to develop & none of the "top rated" ones this year have the burner speed that would have an immediate impact for the Browns, so I would like us to look for a young, established WR in free agency & go for a drafted WR (and CB) after we take a solid OL in the 2nd round. I know it's not 1st round, but, if he's still there, I would take a flyer in the 4th round on Ryan Broyles. I also feel that Richardson would take a good bit of Defensive heat off Colt & improve things there.
Just my opinions.
Mike
-
c. mitchell
j. norwood
d. jackson (FA)
A. jeffery (draft)
G. Little
B. Watson
J. Finley (FA)
E. Moore
If we don't resign Peyton by February 19th...I think we will go after Richardson or maybe try to get M. Bush. I could also see us do a trade with Texas Hardesty,Colt & a 2nd rounder for Arian Foster( though not a Foster fan) If we do resign Petyon probably go after D. Martin if we don't then probably M. Bush and B. Pierce.
-
Trade down, grab Alshon then Zach Brown/Burfict. Vinny Curry/ Melvin Ingram in 2nd.
-
c. mitchell
j. norwood
d. jackson (FA)
A. jeffery (draft)
G. Little
B. Watson
J. Finley (FA)
E. Moore
If we don't resign Peyton by February 19th...I think we will go after Richardson or maybe try to get M. Bush. I could also see us do a trade with Texas Hardesty,Colt & a 2nd rounder for Arian Foster( though not a Foster fan) If we do resign Petyon probably go after D. Martin if we don't then probably M. Bush and B. Pierce.
c. mitchell
j. norwood
d. jackson (FA)
A. jeffery (draft)
G. Little
B. Watson
J. Finley (FA)
E. Moore
If we don't resign Peyton by February 19th...I think we will go after Richardson or maybe try to get M. Bush. I could also see us do a trade with Texas Hardesty,Colt & a 2nd rounder for Arian Foster( though not a Foster fan) If we do resign Petyon probably go after D. Martin if we don't then probably M. Bush and B. Pierce.
What on Earh makes you think that trade would even begin to interest Houston? They already have a Pro Bowl quarterback and why would they want to get rid of their best playmaker? You are absolutely insane.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login