Skip to content

2012 Nfl Draft

The Browns Board
56 23 3.4k
  • Browns Fans, I'm taking a poll on the 2012 NFL Draft. We have two picks in the first round, #4 and #22. Please answer honestly and thoughtfully. With enough responses we can get a better feel for how the Browns faithful view this upcoming draft. If selecting "Other" please give us an idea of whom you are thinking. Thanks and feel free to liberally leave comments and opinions.

    @poeticg said:

    Browns Fans, I'm taking a poll on the 2012 NFL Draft. We have two picks in the first round, #4 and #22. Please answer honestly and thoughtfully. With enough responses we can get a better feel for how the Browns faithful view this upcoming draft. If selecting "Other" please give us an idea of whom you are thinking. Thanks and feel free to liberally leave comments and opinions.

    I trade down a few slots to a team who wants RGIII or Richardson or whoever and select Ryan Tannihill.

    It may be considered a bit of a reach taking him at 10 or so, but that is ok since we will pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder. In the end it won't matter because Tannihill is going to be a stud NFL QB.

    The second pick is for a receiver. I clicked Floyd, but Wright works as well.

  • Where was the "trade up" option for our #4? 😁

    Agree that there's a lot of data yet to come, but still fun to speculate...

    I trade down the #4. Not in the RG3 camp and I'm cooling on Blackmon. I'm starting to think that he's not fast enough to compliment the current W/R corps. Someone around Miami at #8 will trade up for RG3 or Blackmon.

    Not clairvoyant enough to ferret out #22. Someone not listed who was expected to go higher, e.g., Tannehill or perhaps even one of the listed #4 pick choices, will fall to 22, so "other" is my choice for now.

    Needs-wise... LB tops my list for the draft. Zach Brown may be the only legit 1st rounder in 2012 suited for the 4-3. If he's there at #22, may be able to trade down a few slots and still get him. DE draft depth makes it likely that need can be more than adequately filled at #37.

    On the other side of the ball there's W/R, OL and RB needs to be sure, but I see more late-round and FA options there.

    @tour2ma said:

    Where was the "trade up" option for our #4? 😁

    Agree that there's a lot of data yet to come, but still fun to speculate...

    I trade down the #4. Not in the RG3 camp and I'm cooling on Blackmon. I'm starting to think that he's not fast enough to compliment the current W/R corps. Someone around Miami at #8 will trade up for RG3 or Blackmon.

    Not clairvoyant enough to ferret out #22. Someone not listed who was expected to go higher, e.g., Tannehill or perhaps even one of the listed #4 pick choices, will fall to 22, so "other" is my choice for now.

    Needs-wise... LB tops my list for the draft. Zach Brown may be the only legit 1st rounder in 2012 suited for the 4-3. If he's there at #22, may be able to trade down a few slots and still get him. DE draft depth makes it likely that need can be more than adequately filled at #37.

    On the other side of the ball there's W/R, OL and RB needs to be sure, but I see more late-round and FA options there.

    IF Zach Brown is still there at 22 then there is no chance in hell we pass on him. He would fill our biggest need defensively and the Browns would not trade down and even risk letting him go even to move down 3 spots.

  • i hope we trade down and get claiborne and add a pick. address DE or LB with second pick. there'll be a speedy receiver in the second round that could still beat out any of the guys we have already. love zach brown at 22 but i think he'll be gone. might want to take a look at hightower as well.

    as far as what our biggest needs are i picked like 5 of 'em. should add the old "all of the above" category.

  • Zach Brown> Vontaze Burfict

  • The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position.

    I'm curious to the opinion you guys have on Marcus Benard. I think the young man was coming of age before his unfortunate motor accident. From what I've heard, he's going to be okay. A broken forearm and some nasty roadrash shouldn't put him out of commission. I think that Marcus could be the DE we need opposite Sheard. Maybe we could bypass the position early in the draft. What do you think?

  • The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position.

    I'm curious to the opinion you guys have on Marcus Benard. I think the young man was coming of age before his unfortunate motor accident. From what I've heard, he's going to be okay. A broken forearm and some nasty roadrash shouldn't put him out of commission. I think that Marcus could be the DE we need opposite Sheard. Maybe we could bypass the position early in the draft. What do you think?

    @poeticg said:

    The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position.

    I'm curious to the opinion you guys have on Marcus Benard. I think the young man was coming of age before his unfortunate motor accident. From what I've heard, he's going to be okay. A broken forearm and some nasty roadrash shouldn't put him out of commission. I think that Marcus could be the DE we need opposite Sheard. Maybe we could bypass the position early in the draft. What do you think?

    I brought up that thought on Bernard before and the responses I received was that we can't count on him to come back healthy or be the player he looked like he was starting to become so we should take a DE if we had a nice one in a good position to draft him. He had 7.5 sacks two years ago, as many as Sheard had in his solid rookie year. Also, you have to think that he didn't start and was a situational pass rusher and still put up those numbers.

  • @poeticg said:

    The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position.

    I'm curious to the opinion you guys have on Marcus Benard. I think the young man was coming of age before his unfortunate motor accident. From what I've heard, he's going to be okay. A broken forearm and some nasty roadrash shouldn't put him out of commission. I think that Marcus could be the DE we need opposite Sheard. Maybe we could bypass the position early in the draft. What do you think?

    I brought up that thought on Bernard before and the responses I received was that we can't count on him to come back healthy or be the player he looked like he was starting to become so we should take a DE if we had a nice one in a good position to draft him. He had 7.5 sacks two years ago, as many as Sheard had in his solid rookie year. Also, you have to think that he didn't start and was a situational pass rusher and still put up those numbers.

    @dawginit said:

    I brought up that thought on Bernard before and the responses I received was that we can't count on him to come back healthy or be the player he looked like he was starting to become so we should take a DE if we had a nice one in a good position to draft him. He had 7.5 sacks two years ago, as many as Sheard had in his solid rookie year. Also, you have to think that he didn't start and was a situational pass rusher and still put up those numbers.

    I think that he was also challenged this early part of the season this year from something of the order of not having an official offseason with limited contact from coaching staff and front office. Didn't he put on weight or lost weight to play to a different position then he was told he's gonna be doing the opposite? I think that he'll be at 100% again and on the right track by training camp this year.

  • I'm also optimistic on Greg Little. The kid didn't even play ball the year prior but still managed to become the best target from the wide receivers this season. I think that he'll continue to grow and build on what he's started, the future is bright for Little.

  • I'm also optimistic on Greg Little. The kid didn't even play ball the year prior but still managed to become the best target from the wide receivers this season. I think that he'll continue to grow and build on what he's started, the future is bright for Little.

    @poeticg said:

    I'm also optimistic on Greg Little. The kid didn't even play ball the year prior but still managed to become the best target from the wide receivers this season. I think that he'll continue to grow and build on what he's started, the future is bright for Little.

    I like Little with another receiver here, he is set to become a YAC machine. he just needs to keep his Edwards moments to a minimum and he will be great.

  • @poeticg said:

    The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position.

    I'm curious to the opinion you guys have on Marcus Benard. I think the young man was coming of age before his unfortunate motor accident. From what I've heard, he's going to be okay. A broken forearm and some nasty roadrash shouldn't put him out of commission. I think that Marcus could be the DE we need opposite Sheard. Maybe we could bypass the position early in the draft. What do you think?

    I brought up that thought on Bernard before and the responses I received was that we can't count on him to come back healthy or be the player he looked like he was starting to become so we should take a DE if we had a nice one in a good position to draft him. He had 7.5 sacks two years ago, as many as Sheard had in his solid rookie year. Also, you have to think that he didn't start and was a situational pass rusher and still put up those numbers.

    @dawginit said:

    I brought up that thought on Bernard before and the responses I received was that we can't count on him to come back healthy or be the player he looked like he was starting to become so we should take a DE if we had a nice one in a good position to draft him. He had 7.5 sacks two years ago, as many as Sheard had in his solid rookie year. Also, you have to think that he didn't start and was a situational pass rusher and still put up those numbers.

    He should be healthy. It's not like he messed his knee up like Winslow or anything. If I remember correctly he just broke his hand or thumb really bad, knew he was going to be out for over half the season, and just used the chance to put him on none football related IR. He should be fine, but I agree that we should look at other DE options just for the fact we don't know what he can do as a 4-3 DE in the NFL.

  • I picked RGIII and Michael Floyd.

    - Just way too much upside to RGIII, not to mention it's a position in awful need.

    - I don't think Michael Floyd will be there, but if he is, take him. If he's not; Kendall Wright. (I'm going to wait until the Senior Bowl and Combine to truly choose between Floyd and Wright, though. They might switch, in my mocks.)

  • Too early as stated previously, but for now, here are my feelings. I do not think Hillis will be back or stay healthy, so I want to trade down & grab T Richardson. At 22, I'll trust our outstanding D Coaches to keep Vontaze Burfict in line, yet install his intimidating presence at OLB with DQ (PLEASE resign him!) at ILB. I did not go for a WR as it takes 2-3 years for WRs to develop & none of the "top rated" ones this year have the burner speed that would have an immediate impact for the Browns, so I would like us to look for a young, established WR in free agency & go for a drafted WR (and CB) after we take a solid OL in the 2nd round. I know it's not 1st round, but, if he's still there, I would take a flyer in the 4th round on Ryan Broyles. I also feel that Richardson would take a good bit of Defensive heat off Colt & improve things there.

    Just my opinions.

    Mike

  • c. mitchell

    j. norwood

    d. jackson (FA)

    A. jeffery (draft)

    G. Little

    B. Watson

    J. Finley (FA)

    E. Moore

    If we don't resign Peyton by February 19th...I think we will go after Richardson or maybe try to get M. Bush. I could also see us do a trade with Texas Hardesty,Colt & a 2nd rounder for Arian Foster( though not a Foster fan) If we do resign Petyon probably go after D. Martin if we don't then probably M. Bush and B. Pierce.

  • Trade down, grab Alshon then Zach Brown/Burfict. Vinny Curry/ Melvin Ingram in 2nd.

  • c. mitchell

    j. norwood

    d. jackson (FA)

    A. jeffery (draft)

    G. Little

    B. Watson

    J. Finley (FA)

    E. Moore

    If we don't resign Peyton by February 19th...I think we will go after Richardson or maybe try to get M. Bush. I could also see us do a trade with Texas Hardesty,Colt & a 2nd rounder for Arian Foster( though not a Foster fan) If we do resign Petyon probably go after D. Martin if we don't then probably M. Bush and B. Pierce.

    @brownfish said:

    c. mitchell

    j. norwood

    d. jackson (FA)

    A. jeffery (draft)

    G. Little

    B. Watson

    J. Finley (FA)

    E. Moore

    If we don't resign Peyton by February 19th...I think we will go after Richardson or maybe try to get M. Bush. I could also see us do a trade with Texas Hardesty,Colt & a 2nd rounder for Arian Foster( though not a Foster fan) If we do resign Petyon probably go after D. Martin if we don't then probably M. Bush and B. Pierce.

    What on Earh makes you think that trade would even begin to interest Houston? They already have a Pro Bowl quarterback and why would they want to get rid of their best playmaker? You are absolutely insane.

  • Im not sold on either RGIII or Colt, but would rather give Colt another chance rather that possibly waste a top 5 pick on someone from a spread offense who could easily not be very good in the WCO.. Also, I love Blackmon, but with his lack of ideal speed, am not convinced he is the best compliment for our already not-so-speedy receivers. That being said, Id ideally trade down from the 4th pick to 6 or 8 or 9 (depending what Miami gets) and pick up another 2nd rounder (maybe we'd have to throw in a 4th rounder to get that 2nd rounder as well).

    So,

    1st round pick (#6-9)- Quinton Coples DE - great compliment to Sheard, solidifies the trenches on the D side. Potentially would be one of the best defensive fronts (the most important defensive corp) in the league

    1st round pick (#22) - Kendall Wright WR - that speed WR we desperately need. He will open things up for Little who I have high hopes for considering he came into UNC as a RB, sat out last year, did not have an offseason, and had no deep speed threat (enter Kendall)

    2nd round pick (#37) - Take an OLB (fast) or a CB (Best player available), all of us can agree that these are problem areas on defense, get a quality starter at this spot. Not sure why everyone thinks Sheldon Brown can just "move to safety" like it's no big deal, but I'd look at it if we got a promising CB here. Or DQJ and Gocong plus another speedy OLB would do for a linebacking corp for now, we need more speed overall on defense thats for sure.

    2nd round pick (#39-42) - RT (or maybe RG), hopefully Steinbach comes back and takes up where he left off, thus giving us depth with Pinkston and Lauvao with another year under their belts who will fight for the RG spot. We need another quality player on the line to hopefully replace Pashos or at least provides some quality depth as a rookie WHEN he goes down. I think in the 2nd round we can find a good RT..

    3rd round pick (#68) - RB (or OLB or CB), if we dont resign Hillis, we need to pick up another RB somewhere. We lack team speed so preferably a burner RB who can catch (LeMichael James?)

    The rest is just a crap shoot, Id like to always pick depth on both lines with late round picks and hope someone pans out..

  • ^ That is one, well thought out post...

  • So I see that ALOT of people like Blackmon, and there is 100% NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Who is going to get him the ball??? You do relize even thou Blackmon is a stud, he is not that fast.

  • So I see that ALOT of people like Blackmon, and there is 100% NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Who is going to get him the ball??? You do relize even thou Blackmon is a stud, he is not that fast.

    @tampadawgs said:

    So I see that ALOT of people like Blackmon, and there is 100% NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Who is going to get him the ball??? You do relize even thou Blackmon is a stud, he is not that fast.

    Blackmon will be a solid pick for any team. But as you state, his speed isn't his main attribute. We already have a physical receiver in Greg Little so I wouldn't be surprised if Heckert targets Kendall Wright to add much needed speed to the roster. Wright isn't worth a 4th overall pick but we could trade down to picks 10-12 and grab him then. I'm not convinced he will still be there at #22.

    But I'm not really hoping for any particular players. We just need a address certain positions: WR, DE, OLB, RT, and RB. If Heckert drafts as well as he has the past 2 years, I'll be pretty happy..

    Edit: "Cribbs is the man" is on the right track with his post. Sorry I didn't see it until now. We agree on the positions of need, but it will be interesting to see which position Heckert goes after first..

  • spot on bbb2