Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Upside-down to Upside...

Upside-down to Upside...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
4 Posts 4 Posters 518 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 11k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #1

    I've learned over and over that guys getting a second chance in a new city - set out to prove themselves from what they learned. Examples: Gruden, Dungy, BB, Shanahan and Coughlin. Alot of us weren't very happy watching a stale franchise last year. I really appreciate whoever shared all the Accorsi comments because the TYPE of LEADERS I want here are those that want to do whatever it takes PROVE themselves. As we've seen the hard way in free agency, there's ALWAYS something special about finding the individuals with something to prove vrs bringing in the guy that's already played his best ball and now he just wants to be paid for the past instead of the future. Nothing worse than learning some sweat we're paying extremely well also needs batteries that are hard to find. I hope Kokkinos uses performance incentives and weight clauses for additional motivating factors.

    Even more importantly, is that Lerner wants guys he know will work together. Right now I see a 3 leaders that want to prove their value: Quinn, Mangini and Kokkinos (not signed yet but we know what 1 + 1 adds up to).

    I'll welcome a fresh OC and DC too. I'd rather see football units than chaotic fire drills. I hope we keep Daisher for STs because our STs were good IMO.

    I don't wish any ill-will on those leaving here. In fact, I hope they benefit from the second chance thang as well.

    Anyway, it's nice to feel excited again!!! It's all about the upside.

    - Tom F.

    I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 9k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
      #2

      The nature of being a real fan.

      New seasons bring new hope. If they didn't, not many of us would still follow the game.

      If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Earle E
        • 181 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        E Earle wrote on last edited by
        #3

        That was well said Flugel

        I hope Mangini will get this team up and running. Lets watch and see the lazy ass players who never had to run sprints under RAC get up and leave.

        Its time to go to work and we have the right foreman now.

        M 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • E Earle

          That was well said Flugel

          I hope Mangini will get this team up and running. Lets watch and see the lazy ass players who never had to run sprints under RAC get up and leave.

          Its time to go to work and we have the right foreman now.

          mole644 M
          • 88 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          M mole644 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @earle said:

          That was well said Flugel

          I hope Mangini will get this team up and running. Lets watch and see the lazy ass players who never had to run sprints under RAC get up and leave.

          Its time to go to work and we have the right foreman now.

          I agree, this first training camp is going to be very interesting!

          I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more Jerome Harrison
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          Theme
          • System
          • Light
          • Dark
          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Forums
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Donate