Skip to content

How Would You Handle Manning Coming Here

The Browns Board
17 11 1.1k
  • N Neo wrote on last edited by Neo
    #1

    DISCLAIMER: I am not saying that we have a chance of signing him, or that he wants to come here. This is just fantasy.

    Ok, now that is out of the way, let's ASSUME that Manning is 100% complete bill of health, and has decided to come play for us with a three year contract. What do you do with the team? Do you still draft a QB with one of our first rounders, or do you play for the short term and try to make it to the playoffs? Or perhaps (GASP!) The Super Bowl? Personally, I would try to win now, and shoot for the playoffs.

    This is what I would do...........

    Re-sign Hillis - I know how some of you feel about him, but he has been productive for us when healthy, and his market value may have gone down due to his "problems" this season. But why create another hole? Just re-sign a guy that you know what you get, and fits what you are trying to do on offense.

    Re-sign Dqwell Jackson

    Sign a RG/RT, or both, through free agency to bolster the line.

    Go after DeSean Jackson , Robert Meachem, or Marques Colston

    Go after Tracy Porter, or Cortland Finnegan. I prefer Finnegan because there is a very good chance he won't be going back to Tennessee. His is still kinda young, he is good in covarage, and in run support. And I just love the intensity he plays with.

    Now comes the draft..........

    Depending if I landed one of the three WR's I mentioned I would draft like this

    R1 P4 Q. Coples DE (Blackmon, if didn't get a WR in FA)

    R1 P22 Kuechly LB (Michael Floyd if Blackmon is gone)

    R2 Minnefield CB (Would take RB Lamar Miller if he slides into 2nd round. WalterFootball has him in bottom of the ist top of 2nd rd range)

    R3 Get depth for RT

    Maybe draft a project QB in the later rounds...But Colt would be behind Manning, of course.

    Hopefully my starting lineup would look like this........

    QB Peyton Manning

    RB Hillis

    FB Marecic

    LT Thomas

    LG Steinbach

    C Mack

    RG Best FA or draft pick

    RT Best FA or draft pick

    TE Watson/Moore. Manning would make Moore a star.

    WR1 DeSean Jackson (or Draft pick)

    WR2 Greg Little

    Slot Norwood Norwood can play, and Manning would turn him into a pro bowler.

    Defense

    RE Coples (Would go after Mario Williams. But might not have the cap space after signing Manning)

    NT Rubin

    DT Taylor

    LE Sheard

    MLB Jackson

    OLB Kuechly

    OLB Gocong

    CB1 Haden

    CB2 Finnegan

    FS Adams (or Young)

    SS Ward

    Again, this is just fantasy, not saying any of the FA guys would come here, but in a perfect world

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #2

    DeSean isn't leaving Philly.

    Finnegan is going to St Louis to reunite with Fisher.

    Colston and Porter are nowhere near as good as the contracts they'll ask for.

    Meacham is Greg Little with a bit more experience.. we still would need a 1.

    The FA market for OL is very weak this offseason, but the market for help at the DE spot is good - I'd try to get Campbell from Arizona or Williams from Texas.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I didn't really read through that thing to be honest, but it's obvious to me that this neck issue with Manning is way more serious than the Colts are leading on. My gut feeling is that he's going to retire after the Colts release him because there's no doubt that's going to happen. If Manning is 100% healthy you don't release him even if you go with Luck.

  • I didn't really read through that thing to be honest, but it's obvious to me that this neck issue with Manning is way more serious than the Colts are leading on. My gut feeling is that he's going to retire after the Colts release him because there's no doubt that's going to happen. If Manning is 100% healthy you don't release him even if you go with Luck.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @jrb12711 said:

    I didn't really read through that thing to be honest, but it's obvious to me that this neck issue with Manning is way more serious than the Colts are leading on. My gut feeling is that he's going to retire after the Colts release him because there's no doubt that's going to happen. If Manning is 100% healthy you don't release him even if you go with Luck.

    Unless he has been doing interviews saying bad things about the organization and the owner, which he has been doing. Regardless of what the owner and Manning are saying now, what was said was said and they are playing buddy buddy for the Colt's fans. Regardless if Manning is 100% or not, he will not be playing for the Colts next season.

  • I didn't really read through that thing to be honest, but it's obvious to me that this neck issue with Manning is way more serious than the Colts are leading on. My gut feeling is that he's going to retire after the Colts release him because there's no doubt that's going to happen. If Manning is 100% healthy you don't release him even if you go with Luck.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by Neo
    #5

    @jrb12711 said:

    I didn't really read through that thing to be honest, but it's obvious to me that this neck issue with Manning is way more serious than the Colts are leading on. My gut feeling is that he's going to retire after the Colts release him because there's no doubt that's going to happen. If Manning is 100% healthy you don't release him even if you go with Luck.

    Well, not to be rude, but you should read something before you reply to it. This was more or less for fun and ASSUMING Manning was healthy and SIGNED by us. I think everybody knows that Manning will either be a Colt or just retire.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #6

    It's Peyton Manning fanfic.

  • D DawginIT wrote on last edited by
    #7

    If I was GM I wouldn't even consider bringing him in. For $28 million I could sign Mario Williams and DeSean Jackson, two positions of ACTUAL NEED. Also, his injury is serious enough that I bet he won't play much, if at all, and if he does he won't be the same player.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I'd hire him as a qb coach. ....@@

  • C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Do you really think that we have enough money to sign Jackson, Finnegan, AND Manning?

  • Do you really think that we have enough money to sign Jackson, Finnegan, AND Manning?

    N Neo wrote on last edited by Neo
    #10

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    Do you really think that we have enough money to sign Jackson, Finnegan, AND Manning?

    Depends on how you structure the contracts I guess. I do know we are well below the cap though. (edit) I did take Minnefield in the second just in case I couldn't get Finnegan.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Allow me to contemplate my navel lint while considering this post.

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Well since nobody wants to participate, I'll just post videos I think are funny

    Enjoy 😒

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Knuckleheads:

    Three_Stooges.jpg

  • Knuckleheads:

    Three_Stooges.jpg

    D DawginIT wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-gipper said:

    Knuckleheads:

    Three_Stooges.jpg

    God you're old

  • @the-gipper said:

    Knuckleheads:

    Three_Stooges.jpg

    God you're old

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @dawginit said:

    God you're old

    You are never too young to enjoy the Stooges.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #16

    I have said it before and will say it again, manning in his prime could not have helped this current browns for more than a few games before getting injured or ultra frustrated and benched under this regime however now he wouldnt last 2 games at best..

    Not to mention what squirmer and walter wright want to do is not part of what manning does, it just wouldnt work..

    Without a new right side and some serious breaking speed at WR and a serious running attack when needed and a more offensive offense, i doubt anyone can help this dinosaur of an offensive getup..

    When i think WCO i think modern and vertically what holmgren has brought us is the late 80's and 90's setup of dink and dunk, pray for a catch then pray again that the target can hold on to the ball and bypass 3 defenders to turn a 3 yard pass behind the line of scrimmage into any gain or a 4 yard forward pass into a first down instead of an incomplete pass due to being pancaked trying to make the catch..

    As you can tell i have no confidence in our current offensive setup and hope this hard headed ultra stupid regime makes some serious changes to the offensive scheme itself or next year is going to be as bad or worse than the past year..

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #17

    If Manning comes back he's going to a team that has a chance to win the SB in the next couple year. I'd say Arizona or maybe even (a big stretch) to San Fran. SF with Manning would be pretty nasty.