Please Cancel The Pro Bowl
-
I almost would enjoy it more if they just made it into flag football and brought back the skillz competition.
-
They should give it some meaning. Instead of playing the Super Bowl at a neutral site, they should make it that which ever conference wins the Pro Bowl, the team that represents that conference in the Super Bowl gets to play on thier home field the next year. In other words, since the Pro Bowl is played a week before the Super Bowl, it wouldn't be in effect until the NEXT Super Bowl
-
I say they do like hockey and have a draft. There is everyone that is voted in. The leading fan vote getter gets the first pick and the second leading vote getter gets the second pick.
Then bring back the skills competition.
With this, push it back to the week after the Super Bowl or maybe even 2 weeks after.
-
Ghoolie, that's all great and noble and celebratory, but get this, it's just not fun to watch.
-
No if that's the way these "pros" are going to play then the game shouldn't be played. If they are to wore out or afraid of getting hurt then why even play the game at all. The game has no meaning not fun to watch and most people I talk to don't even bother with it because it sucks. And btw if no fans, there is no NFL
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
I would expect the bunch of you effeminate, 2- 40 something metrosexuals to respond this way.
Look dick smokers, these guys take a fucking pounding 16 games every single year, plus, if you aren't a Brown player, playoffs. By the time these guys are done with football, their bodies aren't fit to do shit.
And you lounge chair snapper heads think the players aren't givin enough to you?
Fucking bunch of nincompoops.
The Pro Bowl isn't supposed to be an all out war. It is more of a celebration, a formality, pomp-and-circumstance and the culmination of another year. It is a Thanksgiving if you will of a guy being blessed to play football and having come through another year healthy.
It is camraderie.
Of all the stupid shit some of you blowjobs post, THIS, especially knowing what physical poosees most of you are...........is the fkucking dumbest of all.
Get over yourselves, You don'[t know dick about football, you don't know dick about life.
Fkucking idiots.
So why not fly them down to Hawaii, go up to a podium, and collect some kind of award that siginfies that they were pro bowl players and send them home. Why even play a game? If they are going to play a game, they should play it the way that got them there in the first place. I am sick of watching these overpaid asswipes mope though the game like they don't give a fuck. Be a man and play the fucking game.(edit) For the money these guys make, they should be able to play by regular season rules, blitzes, the whole nine yards. Why should only the offensive stars get to shine? Oh I forgot, this is an "offensive" league now

-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
I would expect the bunch of you effeminate, 2- 40 something metrosexuals to respond this way.
Look dick smokers, these guys take a fucking pounding 16 games every single year, plus, if you aren't a Brown player, playoffs. By the time these guys are done with football, their bodies aren't fit to do shit.
And you lounge chair snapper heads think the players aren't givin enough to you?
Fucking bunch of nincompoops.
The Pro Bowl isn't supposed to be an all out war. It is more of a celebration, a formality, pomp-and-circumstance and the culmination of another year. It is a Thanksgiving if you will of a guy being blessed to play football and having come through another year healthy.
It is camraderie.
Of all the stupid shit some of you blowjobs post, THIS, especially knowing what physical poosees most of you are...........is the fkucking dumbest of all.
Get over yourselves, You don'[t know dick about football, you don't know dick about life.
Fkucking idiots.
So why not fly them down to Hawaii, go up to a podium, and collect some kind of award that siginfies that they were pro bowl players and send them home. Why even play a game? If they are going to play a game, they should play it the way that got them there in the first place. I am sick of watching these overpaid asswipes mope though the game like they don't give a fuck. Be a man and play the fucking game.(edit) For the money these guys make, they should be able to play by regular season rules, blitzes, the whole nine yards. Why should only the offensive stars get to shine? Oh I forgot, this is an "offensive" league now

So why not fly them down to Hawaii, go up to a podium, and collect some kind of award that siginfies that they were pro bowl players and send them home. Why even play a game? If they are going to play a game, they should play it the way that got them there in the first place. I am sick of watching these overpaid asswipes mope though the game like they don't give a fuck. Be a man and play the fucking game.(edit) For the money these guys make, they should be able to play by regular season rules, blitzes, the whole nine yards. Why should only the offensive stars get to shine? Oh I forgot, this is an "offensive" league now

Spot on. I agree 100%.
-
Just elect these guys to the Pro Bowl and call it a day. No more game please, not as long as they put in this kinda effort

Just elect these guys to the Pro Bowl and call it a day. No more game please, not as long as they put in this kinda effort

I don't blame them for not playing hard.
If I was a owner I would have a clause in every player contract that if elected to the pro bowl, they couldn't participate.
I'd pay for them and their family to fly somewhere on my dime to make up for the lost trip.
Frank Ryan got hurt in the 64 or 65 pro bowl and was never the same.
They shouldn't even play the stupid game.
-
I've always thought it'd be cool if the Pro Bowl was all just skill events, for instance throwing distance. Hell, I think that would be way more exciting than watching guys go half speed and I bet they would get a lot more TV views. I can't blame them at all for going half speed though, I know I would.
-
Just elect these guys to the Pro Bowl and call it a day. No more game please, not as long as they put in this kinda effort

I don't blame them for not playing hard.
If I was a owner I would have a clause in every player contract that if elected to the pro bowl, they couldn't participate.
I'd pay for them and their family to fly somewhere on my dime to make up for the lost trip.
Frank Ryan got hurt in the 64 or 65 pro bowl and was never the same.
They shouldn't even play the stupid game.
I don't blame them for not playing hard.
If I was a owner I would have a clause in every player contract that if elected to the pro bowl, they couldn't participate.
I'd pay for them and their family to fly somewhere on my dime to make up for the lost trip.
Frank Ryan got hurt in the 64 or 65 pro bowl and was never the same.
They shouldn't even play the stupid game.
Maybe they should move the game around to other interesting, exotic locations. Hawaii is certainly nice, and keep it in the rotation, but put it in say London, or Japan/China, or Rio, or Capetown....somewhere that the league can expand its reach and give an interesting trip to these guys. It would be better than sending teams to London for the regular season.
-
Just elect these guys to the Pro Bowl and call it a day. No more game please, not as long as they put in this kinda effort

I don't blame them for not playing hard.
If I was a owner I would have a clause in every player contract that if elected to the pro bowl, they couldn't participate.
I'd pay for them and their family to fly somewhere on my dime to make up for the lost trip.
Frank Ryan got hurt in the 64 or 65 pro bowl and was never the same.
They shouldn't even play the stupid game.
I don't blame them for not playing hard.
If I was a owner I would have a clause in every player contract that if elected to the pro bowl, they couldn't participate.
I'd pay for them and their family to fly somewhere on my dime to make up for the lost trip.
Frank Ryan got hurt in the 64 or 65 pro bowl and was never the same.
They shouldn't even play the stupid game.
So, you can get hurt in any game. These players know the risk of playing football. This game should be full contact with the same rules as regular season. That is why I suggested that they give meaning to the game by allowing the winning conference the right to play on their home turf in the Super Bowl. If you get elected to the Pro Bowl, then chances are that you play for a team good enough to compete for the Super Bowl. I know that's not true for all the players that make it, but the ones that are, you know they will be out there to crack some heads. Either play the game the right way, or don't play it at all. That's all I'm saying.
-
I know what you are saying and also know you are dreaming, so all I am saying is they shouldn't play the game.
It's a stupid idea. 50 years ago when the players made a extra $4000, sure, they played hard.
Again, I wouldn't even let my players participate, even in skills stuff. Not too many years ago Robert Edwards suffered a near fatal broken leg while he was dicking around in some beach football skills competition...it was a part of pro bowl week if I am not mistaken.
When you get down to it, baseball is the only sport that really allows for a all out, up and up game.
Basketball would be next.
Your contact sports, football and hockey, don't even do them. It bogus.
-
I know what you are saying and also know you are dreaming, so all I am saying is they shouldn't play the game.
It's a stupid idea. 50 years ago when the players made a extra $4000, sure, they played hard.
Again, I wouldn't even let my players participate, even in skills stuff. Not too many years ago Robert Edwards suffered a near fatal broken leg while he was dicking around in some beach football skills competition...it was a part of pro bowl week if I am not mistaken.
When you get down to it, baseball is the only sport that really allows for a all out, up and up game.
Basketball would be next.
Your contact sports, football and hockey, don't even do them. It bogus.
I know what you are saying and also know you are dreaming, so all I am saying is they shouldn't play the game.
It's a stupid idea. 50 years ago when the players made a extra $4000, sure, they played hard.
Again, I wouldn't even let my players participate, even in skills stuff. Not too many years ago Robert Edwards suffered a near fatal broken leg while he was dicking around in some beach football skills competition...it was a part of pro bowl week if I am not mistaken.
When you get down to it, baseball is the only sport that really allows for a all out, up and up game.
Basketball would be next.
Your contact sports, football and hockey, don't even do them. It bogus.
No, I don't think you know what I am talking about, so let me say it slower. I do not want them to play this game, that is why the thread title says "please cancel the pro bowl" But since they insist on having this game , because they trotted them out there for that shitty performance, I want them to play a REAL GAME. If they insist on making them play this silly half-hearted game, where people can still get hurt might I add, let them play full out and give them something to play for. If not, then fly them down there for some sun, photo ops, sign some autographs for fans, and call it a day.
-
I don't blame them for not playing hard.
If I was a owner I would have a clause in every player contract that if elected to the pro bowl, they couldn't participate.
I'd pay for them and their family to fly somewhere on my dime to make up for the lost trip.
Frank Ryan got hurt in the 64 or 65 pro bowl and was never the same.
They shouldn't even play the stupid game.
Maybe they should move the game around to other interesting, exotic locations. Hawaii is certainly nice, and keep it in the rotation, but put it in say London, or Japan/China, or Rio, or Capetown....somewhere that the league can expand its reach and give an interesting trip to these guys. It would be better than sending teams to London for the regular season.
Maybe they should move the game around to other interesting, exotic locations. Hawaii is certainly nice, and keep it in the rotation, but put it in say London, or Japan/China, or Rio, or Capetown....somewhere that the league can expand its reach and give an interesting trip to these guys. It would be better than sending teams to London for the regular season.
I really like this idea actually. You don't lose any regular season games for the U.S cities that are the actual homes for these teams and you don't run the risk of your big showcase involving terrible/non-exciting teams (Bucs, Rams). While the Pro Bowl might not be the most exciting of games at least its high scoring and the NFL gets a chance to showcase their best players. The more I think about this idea the more I like it. Great post Gipper.
-
Maybe they should move the game around to other interesting, exotic locations. Hawaii is certainly nice, and keep it in the rotation, but put it in say London, or Japan/China, or Rio, or Capetown....somewhere that the league can expand its reach and give an interesting trip to these guys. It would be better than sending teams to London for the regular season.
I really like this idea actually. You don't lose any regular season games for the U.S cities that are the actual homes for these teams and you don't run the risk of your big showcase involving terrible/non-exciting teams (Bucs, Rams). While the Pro Bowl might not be the most exciting of games at least its high scoring and the NFL gets a chance to showcase their best players. The more I think about this idea the more I like it. Great post Gipper.
I really like this idea actually. You don't lose any regular season games for the U.S cities that are the actual homes for these teams and you don't run the risk of your big showcase involving terrible/non-exciting teams (Bucs, Rams). While the Pro Bowl might not be the most exciting of games at least its high scoring and the NFL gets a chance to showcase their best players. The more I think about this idea the more I like it. Great post Gipper.
Did you watch the game lastnight? THEY WERE BOOING THE PLAYERS because they looked like they were walking normal foot speed through a play. Showcase what? How to sleepwalk though a football game? If they do Gippers idea, they will have to play a REAL FOOTBALL game. It would be embarassing to say that these are our best football players to foreign people and have them put out that kind of effort.
-
Zombo said:
Send them all to Hawaii and make it more of an "NFL Experience" for fans. Have a flag football game so they can see the players without their uniforms and helmets. Have some skills competitions. Have fan access to the players where they come off the field and sign autographs and talk to the fans. Volleyball games, luaus, dinners and banquets, award ceremony ... all with fans interacting with players for a couple days, and then the players get the rest of the week paid vacation with their families, plus what the winning team gets in cash. Families can plan their vacations around it, players will look forward to it and the Hawaiian economy would benefit.
Zombo
If the Pro Bowl became a "fan experiance" type of thing no players would care about it. The last thing I would think a player wants to do is mingle with fans and sign 10,000 autographs. I would even go as far as saying it would be more of a punishment to them then an honor.
-
Yeah in America they will boo because a majority of us havd been watching football for damn near our whole lives but foreign countries haven't had the same opportunities we have. As long as the best QB's in the leauge are throwing bombs and the best WR's the NFL have to offer are coming up with great catches its going to catch peoples attention, especially in foreign countries. The NFL has a lot more to gain playing the Pro Bowl in its current state in foreign countries where they have an opportunity to generate interest in their sport then they do in America.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login