Please Cancel The Pro Bowl
-
I know what you are saying and also know you are dreaming, so all I am saying is they shouldn't play the game.
It's a stupid idea. 50 years ago when the players made a extra $4000, sure, they played hard.
Again, I wouldn't even let my players participate, even in skills stuff. Not too many years ago Robert Edwards suffered a near fatal broken leg while he was dicking around in some beach football skills competition...it was a part of pro bowl week if I am not mistaken.
When you get down to it, baseball is the only sport that really allows for a all out, up and up game.
Basketball would be next.
Your contact sports, football and hockey, don't even do them. It bogus.
No, I don't think you know what I am talking about, so let me say it slower. I do not want them to play this game, that is why the thread title says "please cancel the pro bowl" But since they insist on having this game , because they trotted them out there for that shitty performance, I want them to play a REAL GAME. If they insist on making them play this silly half-hearted game, where people can still get hurt might I add, let them play full out and give them something to play for. If not, then fly them down there for some sun, photo ops, sign some autographs for fans, and call it a day.
No, I don't think you know what I am talking about, so let me say it slower. I do not want them to play this game, that is why the thread title says "please cancel the pro bowl" But since they insist on having this game , because they trotted them out there for that shitty performance, I want them to play a REAL GAME. If they insist on making them play this silly half-hearted game, where people can still get hurt might I add, let them play full out and give them something to play for. If not, then fly them down there for some sun, photo ops, sign some autographs for fans, and call it a day.
LOL....you don't need to say it slower.
If you don't want them to play then don't whine and complain about them not cracking heads.
At least you understand it isn't going to happen. Then again, why moan about it??
Like Zombo said....don't even watch. I don't either. You watch, the NFL will keep playing the stupid game.
-
Yeah in America they will boo because a majority of us havd been watching football for damn near our whole lives but foreign countries haven't had the same opportunities we have. As long as the best QB's in the leauge are throwing bombs and the best WR's the NFL have to offer are coming up with great catches its going to catch peoples attention, especially in foreign countries. The NFL has a lot more to gain playing the Pro Bowl in its current state in foreign countries where they have an opportunity to generate interest in their sport then they do in America.
Yeah in America they will boo because a majority of us havd been watching football for damn near our whole lives but foreign countries haven't had the same opportunities we have. As long as the best QB's in the leauge are throwing bombs and the best WR's the NFL have to offer are coming up with great catches its going to catch peoples attention, especially in foreign countries. The NFL has a lot more to gain playing the Pro Bowl in its current state in foreign countries where they have an opportunity to generate interest in their sport then they do in America.
The proBowl is so boring. Foreign countries that try to learn NFL by watching probowl will be like - Man these Americans are lazy fat asses ! We need to show them the superbowl if anything.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
The personal insults are all meant with love, man. It's all part of keeping the spirit of Ghoulardi alive, and I promise you, just as he insulted EVERYONE in 1963 with things that were considered on the edge, were he alive today, he would be harsher than I.Bullshit... Ernie was irreverent, not profane... at least not in public.
Fuck you and the Pro Bowl you rode in on... of course I mean that with love...
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
The personal insults are all meant with love, man. It's all part of keeping the spirit of Ghoulardi alive, and I promise you, just as he insulted EVERYONE in 1963 with things that were considered on the edge, were he alive today, he would be harsher than I.
But you hit the nail on the head. This is a game of honor, it is the picnic at teh end of the year. It is a chance for long time friends to play a little ball and have some fun. It's a chance for teh fans to get just a little closer to the game they love, AND, let's be honest, it is a nice way to give us a little something to tide us over intil SB week.
People who think this game should be ferocious, hard hitting and vigorous, really are fkucking idiots. To even expect such a game to be competitive in any great capacity really is an uneducated, toothless, moronic, hill billy or a fan.
Thye are probably guys who think it was really badass for asshole Peter Rose to ruin a guys career by charging homeplate in teh same type of meaningless, allstar game.
Charley Hustle, James Harrision, both pricks, both scum human beings. But I digress.
The Pro Bowl is a party with a wee bit o football thrown in for good measure.
Agreed, the owners have fortunes tied up in these guys, and the whole moral of the story is play the game, but don't let anyone get hurt. Yeah, I watched the line play and those guys were going at about 1\2 speed- I'm sure they practice way harder than that during the regular season.
Guys here would have been crying a river if Joe Thomas got his ACL blown out in that game.
BTW I'm glad you brought up slimeball Charlie Hustler taking out Ray Fosse in the BB All-Star game. (For those of you too young to remember, in the 1970 All Star Game Rose barreled full steam head first into Fosse who was blocking home plate, and caused a separated shoulder. Rose denies it, but you won't find an Indians fan who thinks it didn't ruin Fosse's career.) You'd have similar injuries on a regular basis if those guys went all out in the Pro Bowl. It's why they dropped some of the peripheral events- can't remember the guy who ruined his knee playing in beach volleyball or some stupid thing like that.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
ANOTHER FKUCKING IDIOT...................
Who in the name of naked negroes cares one flipping ass-clinging shitball about what a turban head in India thinks about the NFL?
Foreigners will watch soccer and get worked up, and THAT is a faggot game. 100 points versus 2 - 1? Are you bulshitting me? Otto Grahahm's rotting nutsack would draw better ratings than a soccer game.
As if foreign ratings were or are a big focus of any football game. The ratings, by the way were great. 12.5 million people watching.
I don't think the ratings for the Pro Bowl in the US would be any different if they were played in Hawaii or if they were played in Tokyo or Berlin. (the Axis powers?)
Nor do I care much that the players basically walk through the game. It is after all, really just an exhibition game.
That is why I suggest holding it in other countries....to give them some exposure to something other than that "faggot" game...and to make it more appealing to the players.
Admit it....all those naked negroes would love to see the game played in Capetown.
-
Here is an account of the injury suffered by Edwards and the years of the aftermath:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1141818/index.htm
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login