Skip to content

Why It's Important To Draft Smart Players And Hire Smart Coaches

The Browns Board
7 4 658
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #1

    1. Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre Dawson on being a role model: "I wan' all dem kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I wan' all the kids to copulate me." > >

    2. New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about the upcoming season: "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first.." > >

    3. And, upon hearing Joe Jacobi of the 'Skin's say: "I'd run over my own mother to win the Super Bowl," to which Matt Millen of the Raiders said: "To win, I'd run over Joe's Mom, too." > >

    4. Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins: "He treat us like mens. He let us wear earrings.." > >

    5. Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann: > "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." > >

    6. Senior basketball player at the University of Pittsburgh: "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes.." (Now that's beautiful) > >

    7. Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach: "You guys line up alphabetically by height.." And, "You guys pair up in groups of three, and then line up in a circle." > >

    8. Boxing promoter Dan Duva on Mike Tyson going to prison: "Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter? He went to prison for three years, not Princeton .." > >

    9. Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left wing, explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself above his locker: "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my clothes." > >

    10. Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan training regimen of heavyweight Andrew Golota: "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning, regardless of what time it is." > >

    11. Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice: "My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt. > >

    12. Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president, on a former player: "I asked him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'" > >

    13. Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, recounting what he told a player who received four F's and one 😧 "Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject." > >

    14. In the words of NC State great Charles Shackelford: "I can go to my left or right, I am amphibious." > >

    15. Former Houston Oilers coach Bum Phillips when asked by Bob Costas why he takes his wife on all the road trips, Phillips responded: "Because she's too ugly to kiss good-bye." > >

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Phil Jackson's Quote: In during the 2007-2008 season, the Lakers Coach said "We call this a 'Brokeback Mountain' game, because there's so much penetration and kickouts. It was one of those games."

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #3

    "He wants Texas back."

    -Tommy Lasorda , Dodger manager, asked what terms Mexican-born pitching sensation Fernando Valenzuela might settle for in his upcoming contract negotiations, 1981.

    "How messed up is this country when the most popular rapper is white and the most popular golfer is black?"

    -Charles Barkley on Eminem and Tiger Woods

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #4

    "When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past; I want that they should bury me upside down, so my critics can kiss my ass."

    -Bobby Knight

    "He's the first guy to drive a $300,000 car with license plates he made himself."

    -Jay Leno, after Mike Tyson bought four Bentley automobiles upon his release from prison.

    Booze, broads and bullshit. If you got all that, what else do you need?"

    -Harry Caray

  • T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    The Frank Layden and Phil Jackson quotes cracked me up.

  • 1. Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre Dawson on being a role model: "I wan' all dem kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I wan' all the kids to copulate me." > >

    2. New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about the upcoming season: "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first.." > >

    3. And, upon hearing Joe Jacobi of the 'Skin's say: "I'd run over my own mother to win the Super Bowl," to which Matt Millen of the Raiders said: "To win, I'd run over Joe's Mom, too." > >

    4. Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins: "He treat us like mens. He let us wear earrings.." > >

    5. Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann: > "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." > >

    6. Senior basketball player at the University of Pittsburgh: "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes.." (Now that's beautiful) > >

    7. Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach: "You guys line up alphabetically by height.." And, "You guys pair up in groups of three, and then line up in a circle." > >

    8. Boxing promoter Dan Duva on Mike Tyson going to prison: "Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter? He went to prison for three years, not Princeton .." > >

    9. Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left wing, explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself above his locker: "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my clothes." > >

    10. Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan training regimen of heavyweight Andrew Golota: "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning, regardless of what time it is." > >

    11. Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice: "My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt. > >

    12. Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president, on a former player: "I asked him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'" > >

    13. Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, recounting what he told a player who received four F's and one 😧 "Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject." > >

    14. In the words of NC State great Charles Shackelford: "I can go to my left or right, I am amphibious." > >

    15. Former Houston Oilers coach Bum Phillips when asked by Bob Costas why he takes his wife on all the road trips, Phillips responded: "Because she's too ugly to kiss good-bye." > >

    slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @calfoxwc said:

    1. Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre Dawson on being a role model: "I wan' all dem kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I wan' all the kids to copulate me." > >

    2. New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about the upcoming season: "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first.." > >

    3. And, upon hearing Joe Jacobi of the 'Skin's say: "I'd run over my own mother to win the Super Bowl," to which Matt Millen of the Raiders said: "To win, I'd run over Joe's Mom, too." > >

    4. Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins: "He treat us like mens. He let us wear earrings.." > >

    5. Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann: > "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." > >

    6. Senior basketball player at the University of Pittsburgh: "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes.." (Now that's beautiful) > >

    7. Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach: "You guys line up alphabetically by height.." And, "You guys pair up in groups of three, and then line up in a circle." > >

    8. Boxing promoter Dan Duva on Mike Tyson going to prison: "Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter? He went to prison for three years, not Princeton .." > >

    9. Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left wing, explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself above his locker: "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my clothes." > >

    10. Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan training regimen of heavyweight Andrew Golota: "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning, regardless of what time it is." > >

    11. Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice: "My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt. > >

    12. Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president, on a former player: "I asked him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'" > >

    13. Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, recounting what he told a player who received four F's and one 😧 "Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject." > >

    14. In the words of NC State great Charles Shackelford: "I can go to my left or right, I am amphibious." > >

    15. Former Houston Oilers coach Bum Phillips when asked by Bob Costas why he takes his wife on all the road trips, Phillips responded: "Because she's too ugly to kiss good-bye." > >

    priceless

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    "John, What do you think of your offenses execution?" - Reporter

    "I'm all for it" - John Mckay