Skip to content

Half Time Show.

The Browns Board
224 30 6.9k
  • Musically speaking it was a very bad quality show.

    Visually though it wasn't that bad.

    It's definitely not my music, but I thought last year's Black Eyed Peas weren't bad.

  • Musically speaking it was a very bad quality show.

    Visually though it wasn't that bad.

    It's definitely not my music, but I thought last year's Black Eyed Peas weren't bad.

    @the-italian-dawgpound said:

    Musically speaking it was a very bad quality show.

    Visually though it wasn't that bad.

    It's definitely not my music, but I thought last year's Black Eyed Peas weren't bad.

    I agree completely with everything except the last statement. I really just didn't enjoy the music. I also hate Nicki Minaj. I listen to rap too, all the time, and Nicki Minaj just takes a dump on the genre.

    The Black Eyed Peas new music did not transfer over to a live show well. If it was something like, Where Is The Love, then maybe.

  • I really don't understand why Green Day hasn't had a halftime show. They're not my favorite band by any means, but old people know enough to have heard of them, Armstrong's voice isn't shot (like say, everyone in the Who), and they're pretty damn popular in younger generations. Who the fuck wants to listen to a pop star in the twilight of her career while watching a football game?

  • I really don't understand why Green Day hasn't had a halftime show. They're not my favorite band by any means, but old people know enough to have heard of them, Armstrong's voice isn't shot (like say, everyone in the Who), and they're pretty damn popular in younger generations. Who the fuck wants to listen to a pop star in the twilight of her career while watching a football game?

    @vaportrail said:

    I really don't understand why Green Day hasn't had a halftime show. They're not my favorite band by any means, but old people know enough to have heard of them, Armstrong's voice isn't shot (like say, everyone in the Who), and they're pretty damn popular in younger generations. Who the fuck wants to listen to a pop star in the twilight of her career while watching a football game?

    Or metallica, or ozzy the NFL certainly uses their songs enough as filler. Instead I've had to see faith hill, the gay country guy from the voice and his wife, Kelly clarkson and Madonna. Football!

  • I want to see rappers...

  • Zombo said:

    It's gay ... can we leave it at that?

    Zombo

    😛

  • Obituary should be on that stage!

  • Green Day is also very good live. Or a band like Coldplay. They would be quite good and have massive appeal from adults and the younger generation.

  • Play me some ALABAMA, NOT madonna.

    "sigh" OTH, it's ok, you can go to the bathroom and not miss anything during hafltime.... @@

  • I really don't understand why Green Day hasn't had a halftime show. They're not my favorite band by any means, but old people know enough to have heard of them, Armstrong's voice isn't shot (like say, everyone in the Who), and they're pretty damn popular in younger generations. Who the fuck wants to listen to a pop star in the twilight of her career while watching a football game?

    @vaportrail said:

    I really don't understand why Green Day hasn't had a halftime show. They're not my favorite band by any means, but old people know enough to have heard of them, Armstrong's voice isn't shot (like say, everyone in the Who), and they're pretty damn popular in younger generations. Who the fuck wants to listen to a pop star in the twilight of her career while watching a football game?

    That would be the old fogies selecting the talent. Problem is Janet Jackson and Timberlake shot the young crowd in the foot (or more accurately the boob) by the little wardrobe malfunction. The NFL will make certain that never happens again.

    If you asked the over 50 crowd, I'd bet 90% of them couldn't name a single Green Day song. The Rappers will get their shot when they're as old as Madonna. 🙂

    BTW, not a Madonna fan at all, but I thought the Halftime show was at least tolerable.

  • I'm just waiting for that day when Slayer gets to play the halftime show.

  • I would rather see someone like David Gilmour play, or the Foo Fighters, or NIN, or GNR. Guns N Roses just did a show at the Covelli Centre not too long ago and someone I know went and said it was a great show. EDIT didn't watch one second of the halftime this year.

  • I could get on board for the Foo Fighters. I'm surprised they haven't gone country recently. Get Garth Brooks or George Strait out of retirement. If you don't like those two you don't love America or freedom......or America

  • The only reason they put her on that stage is so that people like Ghoolie who are over 50, fat, bald, and havn't been laid in the last 30 years will stick around to watch some half naked woman shake her ass when most people change the channel.

    Once again Ghoolies wrong and im right. This is getting a little old.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    If someone were to look at you, and try to target what they thought you would want to hear, this is the shit they would come up with. YOU, are the target market, pal. I didn't even bother wasting my time watching the game.

    That said, let me provide you with some education about musical production at events such as the SB.

    1) The performace quality, live or otherwise, WAS exactly as you saw it. Big, impotent, disconnected and in a word, lousy.

    2) People in crowds are lemmings and usually drunk lemmings. Regardless of how bad the half-time performance is, the average NFL attendee, that is to say, people like you, don't have any training or knowledge to judge the quality of a musical performance anyway.

    Case in point, the labels, networks and other media keep shoveling the same kind of shit to... people like YOU, and people like you continue to waste their lives paying attention to this shit.

    3) 15 year old girls don't purchase Madonna. Girls who were 15 20 years ago purchase madonna. This would be? That's right, pimple dick............ YOUR generation.

    4) Being that I understand and earn a good portion of my income from music royalties, let me explain how a has-been like Madonna comes to take center stage at the 46th SB.

    Again remember, people who attend big events are lemmings. Once again, you are in this demographic. No matter what shit they put on, the crowd, all high on booze, drugs and teh excitement of the SB will walk away talking about how FANTASTIC the 1/2 time show was. Oh, they will assure you.......... you had to be there to really appreciate it.

    Yes, even though the accoustics at an NFL stadium are as much as 270 degrees out of phase, and offer as much as

    1.25 seconds of delayed echo and reverb; yes, even though the noise floor at a halftime is a minimum of 105 dB, and the require volume places the music louder than even a set of well-trained ears (this is whare I would come in) could discern.................... and you have a playground for the biggest pile of bullshit shoveled since the networks proclaimed Bernie Kosar to be super intelligent and a great businessman (he's broke).

    Trust me, the halftime show was shit. Even more so live because what TV audiences heard was the cleaner, more refined mix through the mixing console.

    5) If you want to know how an old whole like Madonna came to be chosen, all you need to do is research a wee bit as to who owns her publishing rights, mechanical rights and syncronization rights. The royalties on a new release? Given the audience size was and will continue to be in replay,,,,,,,, HUGE.

    Put a new comer, independent artist in there? Ah, not so much.

    Madonna was chosen SPECIFICALLY because the demographic who made her wealthy, was the majority demographic watching the SB tonight. HAd Madonna released a new CD/single on regular media, she would have been lucky to sell 250,000 copies, not enough to break even on the project.

    HOWEVER, given teh size and demographic of the people watching the game? They will be buying SB memerobilia throughout the year. And I promise you, women your age will all be squeeling and saying OMG at Best Buy when they see the old whor'e ne release on the shelves.

    That's how it works, pimple dick.

    Guy gets an article published in Accordion Queers Weekly and thinks he's "in the business".

    I once read a book about animals, let me tell you how being an aardvark works.

  • Kid rock?

  • ^ Good choice...

    Being the father of one of those "15 yo's 20 years ago", I had high hopes for Madonna, but when the highlight of your show is your entrance... 😳

    To pull off a performance in a SB halftime show the #1 priority is sustained energy...

    Madonna entered with it...

    Madonna closed with it...

    But the middle sagged like a pair of 53-yo boobs...

  • I'm a fan and player, so be embarrassed

  • 2013 superbowl: NWA reunion.

  • 2 Live Crew!