Half Time Show.
-
AHA! Now, you are finally getting it.
It is actually funnt how clueless you are about music if you really don't believe Rush belongs in the HOF ... How about Kiss do you think they deserve it? or are they not big enough LMAO.
If the HOF went and inducted DEVO and MC Hammer like you would like it would have credibility at all.
It is actually funnt how clueless you are about music if you really don't believe Rush belongs in the HOF ... How about Kiss do you think they deserve it? or are they not big enough LMAO.
If the HOF went and inducted DEVO and MC Hammer like you would like it would have credibility at all.
I would go for KISS before Rush.
So? If "Big" is all you are after, then Steisand, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra, Backstreet Boys, Bon Jovi, Chicago, Dire Straits, Britney Spears, Kenny Rogers, Garth Brooks, KiSS,Janet Jackson, Julio Iglesias, George Michael, The Carpenters,, Bryan Adams, Lionel Richie, Olivia Newton John, Cher, Depeche Mode, Johnny Hallyday, Barry White, Luciano Pavarotti, The Scorpions, Dolly Parton, Gloria Estafan, Rihanna, Barry Manilow, Shania Twain, Beyonce, The Spice Girls, The Eurythmics, Kenny G, Enya, Meatloaf, Andrea Bocelli, Shakira, New Kids on the Block,, Duran Duran, UB40, George Strait, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Green Day, Usher, The Village People, Lady Gaga, Pearl Jam, Boys II Men, Alanis Morisette, Ricky Martin, Kylie Minogue, A-ha, Taylor Swift, Reba McIntire, Black Eyed Peas, Jethro Tull, Luis Miguel, Linkin Park, Cold Play, Michael Bolton, Sade, Willie Nelson, Christin Aguilera, Nickelback, Destiny's Child, Oasis, Jay-Z, Tupac Shakur, Eminem, Enrique Iglesias, R. Kelly, Alan Jackson, Motley Crue, Mary J. Blige, J Lo, the Monkees, MC Hammer, Ace of Base, ELO, Anne Murray, Cyndi Lauper Pet Shop Boys, Tony Bennett, Ray Conniff...and who knows who else have all outsold Rush world wide.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists
So much for that.
-
(I guess I could say: "but not smart enough to get into OSU)....
You could, but it would make absolutely no sense...
I don't understand why you guys are going on and on about this. Yeah there is more football talent in Ohio, what's your point? Does that mean anything, not really. If anything that means Ohio should be dominating Michigan overall, but that's not the case.
I didn't know OSU and Michigan have the same amount of NFL HOFers. What OSU players have a shot at the HOF that are active right now? I really don't know so I'm asking.
I would think Michigan has a good shot with Hutchinson, Woodson and Brady.
You could, but it would make absolutely no sense...
I don't understand why you guys are going on and on about this. Yeah there is more football talent in Ohio, what's your point? Does that mean anything, not really. If anything that means Ohio should be dominating Michigan overall, but that's not the case.
You are the one missing the point....Michigan only is able to maintain parity by raiding Ohio talent.
(one thing you also have to understand is that when we had Cooper here, he got talent, but couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. It is only his ineptness that allowed Michigan to build back up a good part of the lead they had pre WWI when they were like 18-0-2 vs. OSU. When he coached equal or better talent to a 2-10-1 record vs. Mich. they rebuilt that lead. When we got rid of the doofus and brought a real coach in here, you saw what happened.
I didn't know OSU and Michigan have the same amount of NFL HOFers. What OSU players have a shot at the HOF that are active right now? I really don't know so I'm asking.
I would think Michigan has a good shot with Hutchinson, Woodson and Brady.
Chris Carter should have been in already. Orlando Pace should be a shoo-in when his time comes. Eddie George maybe. Randy Gradishar was a finalist a couple of years ago. Jim Marshall should be in but istn't. Same with Jack Tatum, they always have held the Daryl Stingley incident against him. Jim Tyrer (OL) made 9 Pro Bowls and was 1st team all pro 6 times.
Those are all retired players. Active? maybe Antoine Winfield, who has always bee a better pure corner than Woodson. Will Smith? Nick Mangold? Dunno.
-
A real coach that had a little leeway in the rules...
You are the one missing the point....Michigan only is able to maintain parity by raiding Ohio talent.
(one thing you also have to understand is that when we had Cooper here, he got talent, but couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. It is only his ineptness that allowed Michigan to build back up a good part of the lead they had pre WWI when they were like 18-0-2 vs. OSU. When he coached equal or better talent to a 2-10-1 record vs. Mich. they rebuilt that lead. When we got rid of the doofus and brought a real coach in here, you saw what happened.
Oh, so you are saying that since Ohio has a "real" coach now, all the talent in Ohio will automatically commit to OSU, they won't even consider Michigan. This of course, in your mind, will severely limit Michigan and cause them to continually lose to OSU like before (cuz you know, the only possible explanation from before was Tressel's shear brilliance in coaching and Ohio's amazing talent). Losing Ohio will cut away all of Michigan's talent too, apparently, because it's not like there are ever any good players from Michigan and heaven forbid a school recruits outside of the states that touch it... The 19 other states Michigan has players from are just all scrubs and its a miracle Michigan got them. I mean, if you can't drive to that palyer's HS how could you possibly recruit them? This is the 40s right?
Sure... ok. Whatever you want to believe.
-
A real coach that had a little leeway in the rules...
You are the one missing the point....Michigan only is able to maintain parity by raiding Ohio talent.
(one thing you also have to understand is that when we had Cooper here, he got talent, but couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. It is only his ineptness that allowed Michigan to build back up a good part of the lead they had pre WWI when they were like 18-0-2 vs. OSU. When he coached equal or better talent to a 2-10-1 record vs. Mich. they rebuilt that lead. When we got rid of the doofus and brought a real coach in here, you saw what happened.
Oh, so you are saying that since Ohio has a "real" coach now, all the talent in Ohio will automatically commit to OSU, they won't even consider Michigan. This of course, in your mind, will severely limit Michigan and cause them to continually lose to OSU like before (cuz you know, the only possible explanation from before was Tressel's shear brilliance in coaching and Ohio's amazing talent). Losing Ohio will cut away all of Michigan's talent too, apparently, because it's not like there are ever any good players from Michigan and heaven forbid a school recruits outside of the states that touch it... The 19 other states Michigan has players from are just all scrubs and its a miracle Michigan got them. I mean, if you can't drive to that palyer's HS how could you possibly recruit them? This is the 40s right?
Sure... ok. Whatever you want to believe.
A real coach that had a little leeway in the rules...
Oh, so you are saying that since Ohio has a "real" coach now, all the talent in Ohio will automatically commit to OSU, they won't even consider Michigan.
Not all, but most. Ohio has too much talent in state such that there is not enough room on the Ohio State roster for them all to go there, so naturally other schools are going to pick up on the Ohio talent.
This of course, in your mind, will severely limit Michigan and cause them to continually lose to OSU like before (cuz you know, the only possible explanation from before was Tressel's shear brilliance in coaching and Ohio's amazing talent).
Yes, you are exactly right. The reason Ohio State has won WAS because of Tressel's coaching brilliance and Ohio's talent. Precisely.
Losing Ohio will cut away all of Michigan's talent too, apparently, because it's not like there are ever any good players from Michigan and heaven forbid a school recruits outside of the states that touch it...
Michigan will not lose all of Ohio's talent. Like I said, there is too much for Ohio State.
I would not expect however that losing Ohio's talent should cause Michigan to lose Michigan's talent....though MSU may put a dent in that...it has over the last decade.
And there are some good players from Michigan....just not nearly as many as from Ohio.
And sure, a school can recruit from adjoining states. Like I said, Michigan's recruiting of Ohio players and coaches is the only thing that has helped them keep any parity with OSU. It is the only thing that has kept them from being Indiana.
The 19 other states Michigan has players from are just all scrubs and its a miracle Michigan got them. I mean, if you can't drive to that palyer's HS how could you possibly recruit them? This is the 40s right?
Sure... ok. Whatever you want to believe.
That is something that is a creation of your own mind. No, in fact, if I went back and looked at the two respective team's rosters, I surmise that Michigan would probably have a far, far greater percentage of out of state players than OSU has. They need to have that to make up for the talent deficiency in state.
-
It is actually funnt how clueless you are about music if you really don't believe Rush belongs in the HOF ... How about Kiss do you think they deserve it? or are they not big enough LMAO.
If the HOF went and inducted DEVO and MC Hammer like you would like it would have credibility at all.
I would go for KISS before Rush.
So? If "Big" is all you are after, then Steisand, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra, Backstreet Boys, Bon Jovi, Chicago, Dire Straits, Britney Spears, Kenny Rogers, Garth Brooks, KiSS,Janet Jackson, Julio Iglesias, George Michael, The Carpenters,, Bryan Adams, Lionel Richie, Olivia Newton John, Cher, Depeche Mode, Johnny Hallyday, Barry White, Luciano Pavarotti, The Scorpions, Dolly Parton, Gloria Estafan, Rihanna, Barry Manilow, Shania Twain, Beyonce, The Spice Girls, The Eurythmics, Kenny G, Enya, Meatloaf, Andrea Bocelli, Shakira, New Kids on the Block,, Duran Duran, UB40, George Strait, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Green Day, Usher, The Village People, Lady Gaga, Pearl Jam, Boys II Men, Alanis Morisette, Ricky Martin, Kylie Minogue, A-ha, Taylor Swift, Reba McIntire, Black Eyed Peas, Jethro Tull, Luis Miguel, Linkin Park, Cold Play, Michael Bolton, Sade, Willie Nelson, Christin Aguilera, Nickelback, Destiny's Child, Oasis, Jay-Z, Tupac Shakur, Eminem, Enrique Iglesias, R. Kelly, Alan Jackson, Motley Crue, Mary J. Blige, J Lo, the Monkees, MC Hammer, Ace of Base, ELO, Anne Murray, Cyndi Lauper Pet Shop Boys, Tony Bennett, Ray Conniff...and who knows who else have all outsold Rush world wide.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists
So much for that.
I would go for KISS before Rush.
So? If "Big" is all you are after, then Steisand, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra, Backstreet Boys, Bon Jovi, Chicago, Dire Straits, Britney Spears, Kenny Rogers, Garth Brooks, KiSS,Janet Jackson, Julio Iglesias, George Michael, The Carpenters,, Bryan Adams, Lionel Richie, Olivia Newton John, Cher, Depeche Mode, Johnny Hallyday, Barry White, Luciano Pavarotti, The Scorpions, Dolly Parton, Gloria Estafan, Rihanna, Barry Manilow, Shania Twain, Beyonce, The Spice Girls, The Eurythmics, Kenny G, Enya, Meatloaf, Andrea Bocelli, Shakira, New Kids on the Block,, Duran Duran, UB40, George Strait, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Green Day, Usher, The Village People, Lady Gaga, Pearl Jam, Boys II Men, Alanis Morisette, Ricky Martin, Kylie Minogue, A-ha, Taylor Swift, Reba McIntire, Black Eyed Peas, Jethro Tull, Luis Miguel, Linkin Park, Cold Play, Michael Bolton, Sade, Willie Nelson, Christin Aguilera, Nickelback, Destiny's Child, Oasis, Jay-Z, Tupac Shakur, Eminem, Enrique Iglesias, R. Kelly, Alan Jackson, Motley Crue, Mary J. Blige, J Lo, the Monkees, MC Hammer, Ace of Base, ELO, Anne Murray, Cyndi Lauper Pet Shop Boys, Tony Bennett, Ray Conniff...and who knows who else have all outsold Rush world wide.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists
So much for that.
What are your exacting standards for admission gipper? You have to like them?
-
Here is the breakdown of the respective team's rosters as to wher they hail from:
Michigan has players from the following states:
Florida 11
Texas 6
Michigan 43
Ohio 21
South Carolina 3
New York 1
Louisiana 2
Maryland 2
Massachusetts 1
California 3
Colorado 2
Wash. D.C. 1
Missouri 1
Pennsylvania 1
New Jersey 1
Wisconsin 1
Illinois 4
Virginia 2
Nevada 1
Arizona 2
Indiana 1
Ohio State's 2012 roster has the following numbers of players from the various states:
Ohio 58
Illinois 3
Penn. 3
Maryland 1
Michigan 2
Virginia 1
Texas 2
Indiana 2
Georgia 3
Florida 6
North Carolina 1
California 1
Kentucky 1
The ratio of Michigan players to Ohio players on Michigan's roster is 2.041 to 1.
The ratio of Ohio players to Michigan players on Ohio States roster is 29-1.
Again, the simple point I have been making all along is that the University of Michigan is reliant upon Ohio High School talent for it to be successful.
-
I would go for KISS before Rush.
So? If "Big" is all you are after, then Steisand, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra, Backstreet Boys, Bon Jovi, Chicago, Dire Straits, Britney Spears, Kenny Rogers, Garth Brooks, KiSS,Janet Jackson, Julio Iglesias, George Michael, The Carpenters,, Bryan Adams, Lionel Richie, Olivia Newton John, Cher, Depeche Mode, Johnny Hallyday, Barry White, Luciano Pavarotti, The Scorpions, Dolly Parton, Gloria Estafan, Rihanna, Barry Manilow, Shania Twain, Beyonce, The Spice Girls, The Eurythmics, Kenny G, Enya, Meatloaf, Andrea Bocelli, Shakira, New Kids on the Block,, Duran Duran, UB40, George Strait, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Green Day, Usher, The Village People, Lady Gaga, Pearl Jam, Boys II Men, Alanis Morisette, Ricky Martin, Kylie Minogue, A-ha, Taylor Swift, Reba McIntire, Black Eyed Peas, Jethro Tull, Luis Miguel, Linkin Park, Cold Play, Michael Bolton, Sade, Willie Nelson, Christin Aguilera, Nickelback, Destiny's Child, Oasis, Jay-Z, Tupac Shakur, Eminem, Enrique Iglesias, R. Kelly, Alan Jackson, Motley Crue, Mary J. Blige, J Lo, the Monkees, MC Hammer, Ace of Base, ELO, Anne Murray, Cyndi Lauper Pet Shop Boys, Tony Bennett, Ray Conniff...and who knows who else have all outsold Rush world wide.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists
So much for that.
What are your exacting standards for admission gipper? You have to like them?
What are your exacting standards for admission gipper? You have to like them?
What would be MY standards? . Sure, I would say that MY first standard would be that I should like them. It is because you like Rush that you seem to be pushing so hard for them
But, I don't get a vote, so what MY standards are are irrelevant. The same for you.
Suffice it to say that by whatever standards those that DO vote maintain, they have not yet seen fit to believe that Rush has lived up to those standards.
There are some acts that I like that I believe are deserving of inclusion....moreso than Rush certainly, but the RRHOF hasn't seen fit to include those either.
So, in my mind and apparently in the minds of those who do count, Rush is far far back in the queue.
-
You can't argue with RUSH fan. After they get done playing Dungeons and Dragrons talking about how RUSH is the greatest band and ever is their favorite thing to do.
-
From this list I will highlight those that I personally would favor inclusion into the RRHOF, but that is just my view. This will include some who are probably not getting in because they may be too "country" or to "folkie" or whatever.
Pat Boone, Ella Fitzgerald, Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane, The Tokens, The Cadillacs, Danny and the Juniors, Patsy Cline, Petula Clark, Screamin Jay Hawkins, The Big Bopper, Joe South, The Kingston Trio, Paul Anka, Carol King, Jerry Butler, The Miracles, Neil Sedaka, Bobby Rydell, Chubby Checker, Jan and Dean, Joan Baez, Link Wray, Ben E. King, Judy Collins, Mary Wells, Paul Revere and the Raiders, The Spinners, Willie Nelson, Glen Campbell, Gordon Lightfoot, Little Eva, Lou Christie, Patti LaBelle, Peter Paul and Mary, Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs, The Crystals, Dionne Warwick, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Leslie Gore, Butterfield Blues Band, The Searchers, The Seekers, Johnny Rivers, Marianne Faithful, The Moody Blues, Peter and Gordon, Alex Harvey, The Zombies, Boz Scaggs, Sonny & Cher, Dobie Gray, The Easybeats, Edwin Starr, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Golden Earring, The Guess Who, Herman's Hermits, The Turtles, The Vogues, Richie Havens, Randy Newman, The Shangri-Las, The Association, Cat Stevens, The Chambers Brothers, The Grass Roots, Harry Chapin, Janis Ian, The Left Bank, The Monkees, Tim Buckley, The Troggs, Tommy James and the Shondells, The 5th Dimension, Arlo Guthrie, The Box Tops, Country Joe and the Fish, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Harry Nillson, Moby Grape, Procul Harum, Ten Years After, Vanilla Fudge, Blood Sweat and Tears, Deep Purple, Free, Iron Butterfly, Jethro Tull, Robert Fripp, Steve Miller Band, T.Rex, Blind Faith, The Carpenters, The Chi-Lites, Chicago, Grand Funk Railroad, Humble Pie, The James Gang, Joe Cocker, Johnny Winter, King Crimson, Linda Ronstadt, Mott the Hoople, Poco, Seals and Crofts, Slade, Three Dog Night, Warren Zevon, Yes, Argent, Badfinger, Brownsville Station, Charlie Daniels, Derek and the Dominos, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Hot Tuna, The J. Geils Band, Ringo Starr, Supertramp, Todd Rundgren, Uriah Heep, America, Carly Simon, The Doobie Bros., Electric Light Orchestra, Gerry Rafferty and Stealer's Wheel, Little Feat, Meatloaf, Nazareth, Thin Lizzy, War, Yoko Ono, Blue Oyster Cult, Dan Fogelberg, Hall and Oates, Joe Walsh, Lou Reed, Loggins and Messina, Peter Frampton, Pure Prairie League, The Raspberries, Roxy Music, Styx, Bachman-Turner-Overdrive, The New York Dolls, Robin Trower, Bad Company, Eno, Donna Summer, Judas Priest, Kansas, KISS, KC and the Sunshine Band, Robert Palmer, Chaka Khan, Journey, Foreigner, Ted Nugent, Alabama, The Outlaws, Boston, Heart, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Cheap Trick, Peter Garbriel, Teddy Prendergast, The Cars, The Cure, DEVO, Dire Straits, Joe Jackson, The Neville Bros., Rick James, Whitesnake, The B-52s, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Pat Benatar, Simple Minds, The Sugar Hill Gang, Twisted Sister, Afrika Bambataa, The Go Gos, Huey Lewis and the News, INXS, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Billy Idol Bow Wow Wow, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, The Eurythmics, Husker Du, Lionel Richie, The Stray Cats, Tears for Fears, Wang Chung, Big Country, Culture Club, George Clinton, Janet Jackson, Marshal Crenshaw, Sting, Wham, Bon Jovi, Cyndi Lauper, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Sade, Whitney Houston, Allison Kraus, Enya, Indigo Girls, Soundgarden, Gloria Estafan, Jane's Addiction, MC Hammer, Public Enemy, and a couple of acts that will be eligible for the first time in 2013: Nirvana, Phish[/color]
-
I like how there are two arguments going on at the same time haha
-
Can this thread last longer than the Cheer Leader thread?
-
Can this thread last longer than the Cheer Leader thread?
Can this thread last longer than the Cheer Leader thread?
No, and I don't think it is as long as Dickheads on Parade.
-
What are your exacting standards for admission gipper? You have to like them?
What would be MY standards? . Sure, I would say that MY first standard would be that I should like them. It is because you like Rush that you seem to be pushing so hard for them
But, I don't get a vote, so what MY standards are are irrelevant. The same for you.
Suffice it to say that by whatever standards those that DO vote maintain, they have not yet seen fit to believe that Rush has lived up to those standards.
There are some acts that I like that I believe are deserving of inclusion....moreso than Rush certainly, but the RRHOF hasn't seen fit to include those either.
So, in my mind and apparently in the minds of those who do count, Rush is far far back in the queue.
What would be MY standards? . Sure, I would say that MY first standard would be that I should like them. It is because you like Rush that you seem to be pushing so hard for them
But, I don't get a vote, so what MY standards are are irrelevant. The same for you.
Suffice it to say that by whatever standards those that DO vote maintain, they have not yet seen fit to believe that Rush has lived up to those standards.
There are some acts that I like that I believe are deserving of inclusion....moreso than Rush certainly, but the RRHOF hasn't seen fit to include those either.
So, in my mind and apparently in the minds of those who do count, Rush is far far back in the queue.
I'm not pushing for it, I've barely made a peep in the rush debate, but if you tune into 98.5 here in Cleveland you'll hear 2-4 rush songs during a work day. They've got a lot of hits, they get a lot of airplay right up there with queen ac dc van halen the rolling stones etc...to me that means they have a legitimate chance
-
What would be MY standards? . Sure, I would say that MY first standard would be that I should like them. It is because you like Rush that you seem to be pushing so hard for them
But, I don't get a vote, so what MY standards are are irrelevant. The same for you.
Suffice it to say that by whatever standards those that DO vote maintain, they have not yet seen fit to believe that Rush has lived up to those standards.
There are some acts that I like that I believe are deserving of inclusion....moreso than Rush certainly, but the RRHOF hasn't seen fit to include those either.
So, in my mind and apparently in the minds of those who do count, Rush is far far back in the queue.
I'm not pushing for it, I've barely made a peep in the rush debate, but if you tune into 98.5 here in Cleveland you'll hear 2-4 rush songs during a work day. They've got a lot of hits, they get a lot of airplay right up there with queen ac dc van halen the rolling stones etc...to me that means they have a legitimate chance
I'm not pushing for it, I've barely made a peep in the rush debate, but if you tune into 98.5 here in Cleveland you'll hear 2-4 rush songs during a work day. They've got a lot of hits, they get a lot of airplay right up there with queen ac dc van halen the rolling stones etc...to me that means they have a legitimate chance
Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.
In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.
To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.
-
I'm not pushing for it, I've barely made a peep in the rush debate, but if you tune into 98.5 here in Cleveland you'll hear 2-4 rush songs during a work day. They've got a lot of hits, they get a lot of airplay right up there with queen ac dc van halen the rolling stones etc...to me that means they have a legitimate chance
Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.
In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.
To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.
Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.
In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.
To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.
Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.
-
Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.
In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.
To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.
Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.
Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.
Are those Rush songs, or other bands?
Actually I do recall that there is one other song that I know: Fly by Night which got play on WMMS.
-
If you listen to wncx you know limelight and tom sawyer too, gip.
-
If you listen to wncx you know limelight and tom sawyer too, gip.
If you listen to wncx you know limelight and tom sawyer too, gip.
Unless I turn it off at the sound of a Rush song coming on....which I told you is what I did....though, it is possible that I may know those songs if I hear them.
-
This was the thread we were arguing about recruiting and stuff, right?
Well here is an interesting article on OSU vs Michigan recruiting rivalry.
Good to see Michigan off to a strong start.
-
This was the thread we were arguing about recruiting and stuff, right?
Well here is an interesting article on OSU vs Michigan recruiting rivalry.
Good to see Michigan off to a strong start.
This was the thread we were arguing about recruiting and stuff, right?
Well here is an interesting article on OSU vs Michigan recruiting rivalry.
Good to see Michigan off to a strong start.
Yep, half those names mentioned in that article were players from Ohio....proving once again,if it weren't for Ohio talent going to Michigan....they would be Indiana.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login