Half Time Show.
-
From this list I will highlight those that I personally would favor inclusion into the RRHOF, but that is just my view. This will include some who are probably not getting in because they may be too "country" or to "folkie" or whatever.
Pat Boone, Ella Fitzgerald, Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane, The Tokens, The Cadillacs, Danny and the Juniors, Patsy Cline, Petula Clark, Screamin Jay Hawkins, The Big Bopper, Joe South, The Kingston Trio, Paul Anka, Carol King, Jerry Butler, The Miracles, Neil Sedaka, Bobby Rydell, Chubby Checker, Jan and Dean, Joan Baez, Link Wray, Ben E. King, Judy Collins, Mary Wells, Paul Revere and the Raiders, The Spinners, Willie Nelson, Glen Campbell, Gordon Lightfoot, Little Eva, Lou Christie, Patti LaBelle, Peter Paul and Mary, Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs, The Crystals, Dionne Warwick, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Leslie Gore, Butterfield Blues Band, The Searchers, The Seekers, Johnny Rivers, Marianne Faithful, The Moody Blues, Peter and Gordon, Alex Harvey, The Zombies, Boz Scaggs, Sonny & Cher, Dobie Gray, The Easybeats, Edwin Starr, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Golden Earring, The Guess Who, Herman's Hermits, The Turtles, The Vogues, Richie Havens, Randy Newman, The Shangri-Las, The Association, Cat Stevens, The Chambers Brothers, The Grass Roots, Harry Chapin, Janis Ian, The Left Bank, The Monkees, Tim Buckley, The Troggs, Tommy James and the Shondells, The 5th Dimension, Arlo Guthrie, The Box Tops, Country Joe and the Fish, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Harry Nillson, Moby Grape, Procul Harum, Ten Years After, Vanilla Fudge, Blood Sweat and Tears, Deep Purple, Free, Iron Butterfly, Jethro Tull, Robert Fripp, Steve Miller Band, T.Rex, Blind Faith, The Carpenters, The Chi-Lites, Chicago, Grand Funk Railroad, Humble Pie, The James Gang, Joe Cocker, Johnny Winter, King Crimson, Linda Ronstadt, Mott the Hoople, Poco, Seals and Crofts, Slade, Three Dog Night, Warren Zevon, Yes, Argent, Badfinger, Brownsville Station, Charlie Daniels, Derek and the Dominos, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Hot Tuna, The J. Geils Band, Ringo Starr, Supertramp, Todd Rundgren, Uriah Heep, America, Carly Simon, The Doobie Bros., Electric Light Orchestra, Gerry Rafferty and Stealer's Wheel, Little Feat, Meatloaf, Nazareth, Thin Lizzy, War, Yoko Ono, Blue Oyster Cult, Dan Fogelberg, Hall and Oates, Joe Walsh, Lou Reed, Loggins and Messina, Peter Frampton, Pure Prairie League, The Raspberries, Roxy Music, Styx, Bachman-Turner-Overdrive, The New York Dolls, Robin Trower, Bad Company, Eno, Donna Summer, Judas Priest, Kansas, KISS, KC and the Sunshine Band, Robert Palmer, Chaka Khan, Journey, Foreigner, Ted Nugent, Alabama, The Outlaws, Boston, Heart, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Cheap Trick, Peter Garbriel, Teddy Prendergast, The Cars, The Cure, DEVO, Dire Straits, Joe Jackson, The Neville Bros., Rick James, Whitesnake, The B-52s, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Pat Benatar, Simple Minds, The Sugar Hill Gang, Twisted Sister, Afrika Bambataa, The Go Gos, Huey Lewis and the News, INXS, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Billy Idol Bow Wow Wow, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, The Eurythmics, Husker Du, Lionel Richie, The Stray Cats, Tears for Fears, Wang Chung, Big Country, Culture Club, George Clinton, Janet Jackson, Marshal Crenshaw, Sting, Wham, Bon Jovi, Cyndi Lauper, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Sade, Whitney Houston, Allison Kraus, Enya, Indigo Girls, Soundgarden, Gloria Estafan, Jane's Addiction, MC Hammer, Public Enemy, and a couple of acts that will be eligible for the first time in 2013: Nirvana, Phish[/color]
-
I like how there are two arguments going on at the same time haha
-
Can this thread last longer than the Cheer Leader thread?
-
Can this thread last longer than the Cheer Leader thread?
Can this thread last longer than the Cheer Leader thread?
No, and I don't think it is as long as Dickheads on Parade.
-
What are your exacting standards for admission gipper? You have to like them?
What would be MY standards? . Sure, I would say that MY first standard would be that I should like them. It is because you like Rush that you seem to be pushing so hard for them
But, I don't get a vote, so what MY standards are are irrelevant. The same for you.
Suffice it to say that by whatever standards those that DO vote maintain, they have not yet seen fit to believe that Rush has lived up to those standards.
There are some acts that I like that I believe are deserving of inclusion....moreso than Rush certainly, but the RRHOF hasn't seen fit to include those either.
So, in my mind and apparently in the minds of those who do count, Rush is far far back in the queue.
What would be MY standards? . Sure, I would say that MY first standard would be that I should like them. It is because you like Rush that you seem to be pushing so hard for them
But, I don't get a vote, so what MY standards are are irrelevant. The same for you.
Suffice it to say that by whatever standards those that DO vote maintain, they have not yet seen fit to believe that Rush has lived up to those standards.
There are some acts that I like that I believe are deserving of inclusion....moreso than Rush certainly, but the RRHOF hasn't seen fit to include those either.
So, in my mind and apparently in the minds of those who do count, Rush is far far back in the queue.
I'm not pushing for it, I've barely made a peep in the rush debate, but if you tune into 98.5 here in Cleveland you'll hear 2-4 rush songs during a work day. They've got a lot of hits, they get a lot of airplay right up there with queen ac dc van halen the rolling stones etc...to me that means they have a legitimate chance
-
What would be MY standards? . Sure, I would say that MY first standard would be that I should like them. It is because you like Rush that you seem to be pushing so hard for them
But, I don't get a vote, so what MY standards are are irrelevant. The same for you.
Suffice it to say that by whatever standards those that DO vote maintain, they have not yet seen fit to believe that Rush has lived up to those standards.
There are some acts that I like that I believe are deserving of inclusion....moreso than Rush certainly, but the RRHOF hasn't seen fit to include those either.
So, in my mind and apparently in the minds of those who do count, Rush is far far back in the queue.
I'm not pushing for it, I've barely made a peep in the rush debate, but if you tune into 98.5 here in Cleveland you'll hear 2-4 rush songs during a work day. They've got a lot of hits, they get a lot of airplay right up there with queen ac dc van halen the rolling stones etc...to me that means they have a legitimate chance
I'm not pushing for it, I've barely made a peep in the rush debate, but if you tune into 98.5 here in Cleveland you'll hear 2-4 rush songs during a work day. They've got a lot of hits, they get a lot of airplay right up there with queen ac dc van halen the rolling stones etc...to me that means they have a legitimate chance
Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.
In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.
To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.
-
I'm not pushing for it, I've barely made a peep in the rush debate, but if you tune into 98.5 here in Cleveland you'll hear 2-4 rush songs during a work day. They've got a lot of hits, they get a lot of airplay right up there with queen ac dc van halen the rolling stones etc...to me that means they have a legitimate chance
Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.
In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.
To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.
Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.
In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.
To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.
Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.
-
Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.
In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.
To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.
Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.
Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.
Are those Rush songs, or other bands?
Actually I do recall that there is one other song that I know: Fly by Night which got play on WMMS.
-
If you listen to wncx you know limelight and tom sawyer too, gip.
-
If you listen to wncx you know limelight and tom sawyer too, gip.
If you listen to wncx you know limelight and tom sawyer too, gip.
Unless I turn it off at the sound of a Rush song coming on....which I told you is what I did....though, it is possible that I may know those songs if I hear them.
-
This was the thread we were arguing about recruiting and stuff, right?
Well here is an interesting article on OSU vs Michigan recruiting rivalry.
Good to see Michigan off to a strong start.
-
This was the thread we were arguing about recruiting and stuff, right?
Well here is an interesting article on OSU vs Michigan recruiting rivalry.
Good to see Michigan off to a strong start.
This was the thread we were arguing about recruiting and stuff, right?
Well here is an interesting article on OSU vs Michigan recruiting rivalry.
Good to see Michigan off to a strong start.
Yep, half those names mentioned in that article were players from Ohio....proving once again,if it weren't for Ohio talent going to Michigan....they would be Indiana.
-
Whatever makes you feel better
-
Whatever makes you feel better
The truth always makes me feel better. And, apparently, causes you consternation.
-
No I drink cranberry juice so I'm good
-
No I drink cranberry juice so I'm good
See what your Michigan education is doing for you? It is turning you into Norm Crosby.
I suspect you don't know that name. Look it up.
-
Norm Crosby (born September 15, 1927) is an American comedian sometimes associated with the Borscht Belt who often appeared on television in the 1970s. He is known for his use of malapropisms and is often called The Master of Malaprop. He was born in Boston.
A malapropism is the misuse of similar sounding words, especially with humorous results. An example is Yogi Berra's statement: "Texas has a lot of electrical votes,"[1] rather than "electoral votes".
-
Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.
Are those Rush songs, or other bands?
Actually I do recall that there is one other song that I know: Fly by Night which got play on WMMS.
Are those Rush songs, or other bands?
Actually I do recall that there is one other song that I know: Fly by Night which got play on WMMS.
So you know absolutely nothing about Rush apparently, but know that they don't belong in the RRHOF?
Rush & Kiss not being in the RRHOF is a big reason most people think it is a joke.
-
Norm Crosby (born September 15, 1927) is an American comedian sometimes associated with the Borscht Belt who often appeared on television in the 1970s. He is known for his use of malapropisms and is often called The Master of Malaprop. He was born in Boston.
A malapropism is the misuse of similar sounding words, especially with humorous results. An example is Yogi Berra's statement: "Texas has a lot of electrical votes,"[1] rather than "electoral votes".
Norm Crosby (born September 15, 1927) is an American comedian sometimes associated with the Borscht Belt who often appeared on television in the 1970s. He is known for his use of malapropisms and is often called The Master of Malaprop. He was born in Boston.
A malapropism is the misuse of similar sounding words, especially with humorous results. An example is Yogi Berra's statement: "Texas has a lot of electrical votes,"[1] rather than "electoral votes".
great use of wikipedia schoolboy.
-
Norm Crosby (born September 15, 1927) is an American comedian sometimes associated with the Borscht Belt who often appeared on television in the 1970s. He is known for his use of malapropisms and is often called The Master of Malaprop. He was born in Boston.
A malapropism is the misuse of similar sounding words, especially with humorous results. An example is Yogi Berra's statement: "Texas has a lot of electrical votes,"[1] rather than "electoral votes".
great use of wikipedia schoolboy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login