Skip to content

Half Time Show.

The Browns Board
224 30 6.9k
  • Can this thread last longer than the Cheer Leader thread?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Can this thread last longer than the Cheer Leader thread?

    No, and I don't think it is as long as Dickheads on Parade.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    What are your exacting standards for admission gipper? You have to like them?

    What would be MY standards? . Sure, I would say that MY first standard would be that I should like them. It is because you like Rush that you seem to be pushing so hard for them

    But, I don't get a vote, so what MY standards are are irrelevant. The same for you.

    Suffice it to say that by whatever standards those that DO vote maintain, they have not yet seen fit to believe that Rush has lived up to those standards.

    There are some acts that I like that I believe are deserving of inclusion....moreso than Rush certainly, but the RRHOF hasn't seen fit to include those either.

    So, in my mind and apparently in the minds of those who do count, Rush is far far back in the queue.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    What would be MY standards? . Sure, I would say that MY first standard would be that I should like them. It is because you like Rush that you seem to be pushing so hard for them

    But, I don't get a vote, so what MY standards are are irrelevant. The same for you.

    Suffice it to say that by whatever standards those that DO vote maintain, they have not yet seen fit to believe that Rush has lived up to those standards.

    There are some acts that I like that I believe are deserving of inclusion....moreso than Rush certainly, but the RRHOF hasn't seen fit to include those either.

    So, in my mind and apparently in the minds of those who do count, Rush is far far back in the queue.

    I'm not pushing for it, I've barely made a peep in the rush debate, but if you tune into 98.5 here in Cleveland you'll hear 2-4 rush songs during a work day. They've got a lot of hits, they get a lot of airplay right up there with queen ac dc van halen the rolling stones etc...to me that means they have a legitimate chance

  • @the-gipper said:

    What would be MY standards? . Sure, I would say that MY first standard would be that I should like them. It is because you like Rush that you seem to be pushing so hard for them

    But, I don't get a vote, so what MY standards are are irrelevant. The same for you.

    Suffice it to say that by whatever standards those that DO vote maintain, they have not yet seen fit to believe that Rush has lived up to those standards.

    There are some acts that I like that I believe are deserving of inclusion....moreso than Rush certainly, but the RRHOF hasn't seen fit to include those either.

    So, in my mind and apparently in the minds of those who do count, Rush is far far back in the queue.

    I'm not pushing for it, I've barely made a peep in the rush debate, but if you tune into 98.5 here in Cleveland you'll hear 2-4 rush songs during a work day. They've got a lot of hits, they get a lot of airplay right up there with queen ac dc van halen the rolling stones etc...to me that means they have a legitimate chance

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm not pushing for it, I've barely made a peep in the rush debate, but if you tune into 98.5 here in Cleveland you'll hear 2-4 rush songs during a work day. They've got a lot of hits, they get a lot of airplay right up there with queen ac dc van halen the rolling stones etc...to me that means they have a legitimate chance

    Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.

    In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.

    To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm not pushing for it, I've barely made a peep in the rush debate, but if you tune into 98.5 here in Cleveland you'll hear 2-4 rush songs during a work day. They've got a lot of hits, they get a lot of airplay right up there with queen ac dc van halen the rolling stones etc...to me that means they have a legitimate chance

    Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.

    In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.

    To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.

    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.

    In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.

    To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.

    Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Really? I listen to 98.5 quite a bit, and except occasionally "Working Man" I don't hear much out of them. Or maybe its just that when I hear them come on I punch the button to another station.

    In fact, I don't think I know any other songs by them except Working Man...which is, at its core, a pretty good song....and about the only one I can tolerate.

    To be fair to them, I can't really judge their music because I cannot get past Geddy Lee's awful voice. It is like scratching fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe otherwise they are quite good musically, but when he opens up, I tune off. I have the same basic issue with AC/DC.

    Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vaportrail said:

    Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.

    Are those Rush songs, or other bands?

    Actually I do recall that there is one other song that I know: Fly by Night which got play on WMMS.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    If you listen to wncx you know limelight and tom sawyer too, gip.

  • If you listen to wncx you know limelight and tom sawyer too, gip.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    If you listen to wncx you know limelight and tom sawyer too, gip.

    Unless I turn it off at the sound of a Rush song coming on....which I told you is what I did....though, it is possible that I may know those songs if I hear them.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    This was the thread we were arguing about recruiting and stuff, right?

    Well here is an interesting article on OSU vs Michigan recruiting rivalry.

    Good to see Michigan off to a strong start.

  • This was the thread we were arguing about recruiting and stuff, right?

    Well here is an interesting article on OSU vs Michigan recruiting rivalry.

    Good to see Michigan off to a strong start.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    This was the thread we were arguing about recruiting and stuff, right?

    Well here is an interesting article on OSU vs Michigan recruiting rivalry.

    Good to see Michigan off to a strong start.

    Yep, half those names mentioned in that article were players from Ohio....proving once again,if it weren't for Ohio talent going to Michigan....they would be Indiana.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    Whatever makes you feel better

  • Whatever makes you feel better

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @mld-woody said:

    Whatever makes you feel better

    The truth always makes me feel better. And, apparently, causes you consternation.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    No I drink cranberry juice so I'm good

  • No I drink cranberry juice so I'm good

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    No I drink cranberry juice so I'm good

    See what your Michigan education is doing for you? It is turning you into Norm Crosby.

    I suspect you don't know that name. Look it up.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    Norm Crosby (born September 15, 1927) is an American comedian sometimes associated with the Borscht Belt who often appeared on television in the 1970s. He is known for his use of malapropisms and is often called The Master of Malaprop. He was born in Boston.

    A malapropism is the misuse of similar sounding words, especially with humorous results. An example is Yogi Berra's statement: "Texas has a lot of electrical votes,"[1] rather than "electoral votes".

  • @vaportrail said:

    Yeah, back when I lived in Cleveland, WNCX played the shit out of Rush. 2-4 songs a work day sounds about right. The other ones that often get airtime are Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Subdivisions, and The Trees. Hell, YYZ got played probably about as often as Focus by Hocus Pocus.

    Are those Rush songs, or other bands?

    Actually I do recall that there is one other song that I know: Fly by Night which got play on WMMS.

    J jnuh wrote on last edited by jnuh

    @the-gipper said:

    Are those Rush songs, or other bands?

    Actually I do recall that there is one other song that I know: Fly by Night which got play on WMMS.

    So you know absolutely nothing about Rush apparently, but know that they don't belong in the RRHOF?

    Rush & Kiss not being in the RRHOF is a big reason most people think it is a joke.

  • Norm Crosby (born September 15, 1927) is an American comedian sometimes associated with the Borscht Belt who often appeared on television in the 1970s. He is known for his use of malapropisms and is often called The Master of Malaprop. He was born in Boston.

    A malapropism is the misuse of similar sounding words, especially with humorous results. An example is Yogi Berra's statement: "Texas has a lot of electrical votes,"[1] rather than "electoral votes".

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Norm Crosby (born September 15, 1927) is an American comedian sometimes associated with the Borscht Belt who often appeared on television in the 1970s. He is known for his use of malapropisms and is often called The Master of Malaprop. He was born in Boston.

    A malapropism is the misuse of similar sounding words, especially with humorous results. An example is Yogi Berra's statement: "Texas has a lot of electrical votes,"[1] rather than "electoral votes".

    great use of wikipedia schoolboy.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Norm Crosby (born September 15, 1927) is an American comedian sometimes associated with the Borscht Belt who often appeared on television in the 1970s. He is known for his use of malapropisms and is often called The Master of Malaprop. He was born in Boston.

    A malapropism is the misuse of similar sounding words, especially with humorous results. An example is Yogi Berra's statement: "Texas has a lot of electrical votes,"[1] rather than "electoral votes".

    great use of wikipedia schoolboy.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    great use of wikipedia schoolboy.

    you don't say?

  • @miktoxic said:

    great use of wikipedia schoolboy.

    you don't say?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    you don't say?

    😆 :lol:

  • @the-gipper said:

    Are those Rush songs, or other bands?

    Actually I do recall that there is one other song that I know: Fly by Night which got play on WMMS.

    So you know absolutely nothing about Rush apparently, but know that they don't belong in the RRHOF?

    Rush & Kiss not being in the RRHOF is a big reason most people think it is a joke.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @jnuh said:

    So you know absolutely nothing about Rush apparently, but know that they don't belong in the RRHOF?

    Rush & Kiss not being in the RRHOF is a big reason most people think it is a joke.

    No, I said that I don't like them....thus it does not break my heart that they are not in...and I said that I believe there are a hundred other acts more worthy of inclusion.

    Your comment is like asking "Do you like to eat shit?" and my reply is "no, I don't eat shit" and then your response being "so you know nothing about eating shit,, but you know that you don't like it?" And my answer is: "I know enough about eating shit to know that I don't like it, and I know enough about eating to know that there are hundreds of other foods that I would rather eat than to eat shit.."

    Ya follow?

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    For what its worth, I'm not a big fan of either.

    I'm probably not a big fan of a great many of the inductees.

    My personal taste, however, has nothing to do with their stature in the industry.

    I'd say both acts are certainly deserving of a slot in the h o f.

    WSS