Nostradamus Effect
-
I just had an epiphany! I think that the Colts will shock us all and take RG3! We've all discussed this and come to the same conclusion that the Colts will select Andrew Luck and be done with it. Well, what if RG3 lights up the Combine and the Colts fall in love with RG3? That has to mean Luck comes to Cleveland. Trading the Rams their second pick for our #4, #22 and our third rounder this year gets it done. I'm not for trading up to select anyone unless it's Andrew Luck but it seems we've all but written this scenario off! But, just what IF, Indianapolis comes away from the Combine with the RG3 bug and Luck doesn't go number 1 overall. We saw the Newton Effect last season and what if Indy decides to go that route? There would be dancing in the streets of Cleveland and the porches of Browns Fans worldwide. This would surely be a great day in Cleveland and in Browns History. I was once told to wish in one hand and shit in the other BUT I have an inkling that some crazy MOJO is in the works! After I though about this I googled it and found this gem:
Post subject: Re: Colts could take RG3
Posted: 04 Feb 2012 23:03 pm
I wake up at night with just this nightmare.
I'm watching the Draft
The Colts shock the world by drafting RG3'
I go crazy hoping that the Rams draft Luck
But the Rams trade the pick to the browns
Luck becomes the next Brady
The Rams draft a OT and the rams go 5-11, (Browns in playoffs)
Rams Draft a DT and go 6-10 (Browns in AFCC)
Rams fire Fisher hire new coach and draft a new QB in 2014.
Rans 4-12 as they break in new QB (Browns win SB)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Now is this whole scenario very likely? Not likely... but is it possible? YES! Yes it is! Anyone that thinks that this could NEVER happen clearly does not have an open mind, my mind is open to any and all possibilities and if this was to happen... Man, tell me you guys wouldn't be doing handstand-highfives and kissing babies! Yo, I'm telling you guys, think about it and pray to God that Indy takes an RG3 arrow to the heart this Valentines Day and falls madly in love with him at the Combine because then... The Browns get Lucky!
Who's on board?
-
Anyone in doubt needs to go to this link and watch the 6+ minute debate of the analysts and read the article. I don't know, I'm torn- I didn't want a QB, instead I wanted to build around Colt, but in light of all the reports and everything... can we pass on a "Franchise QB" in hopes that Colt will develop and grow into what we need him to be. If he does, and if that's the consensus- he better, because we may not have another chance to draft a QB of these guy's caliber. I would actually like a Trent Richardson, a Morris Claiborn or a Dominant DE or LB, hell- even an Ed Reed type Safety BUT we clearly are at a very important "fork in the road"! We must make the right decision here...
I think if we have a chance at Luck we must take it... if RG3 falls to #4- we have to take him- I don't know guys- this is a tough one.
-
Robert Griffin III hoping Colts draft him, pass on Andrew Luck
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 4, 2012, 10:51 AM EST
Robert Griffin III AP
Robert Griffin III, the Heisman Trophy-winning Baylor star who’s widely regarded as the No. 2 quarterback in this year’s NFL draft, was in Indianapolis on Friday for some Super Bowl media appearances. And he said he’s hoping to be in Indianapolis for years to come.
Griffin told Don Banks of Sports Illustrated that he’s still holding out hope that he, and not Andrew Luck, will go first overall to the Colts.
“It’s going to be a great experience at the combine, talking to all the NFL teams,” Griffin said. “Hopefully I’ll end up here via the draft.”
Colts owner Jim Irsay has mentioned both Griffin and Luck as the players the Colts might take first overall, and Griffin said it was gratifying to hear the Colts’ owner mention his name.
“That’s huge,” Griffin said. “It’s every kid’s dream. Every kid wants to be the first pick in the draft. I wouldn’t say no to it. I’m glad he at least put me in that conversation and hasn’t already made it a foregone conclusion that he’s going with Andrew, like a lot of people have.”
Griffin said he has nothing against Luck but he doesn’t hide the fact that he views Luck as his competition, and he takes pride in beating out Luck for the Heisman Trophy, even though Luck entered last college football season as the favorite for the award.
“He was the de facto Heisman winner and the de facto No. 1 pick,” Griffin said. “We already took one of those from him and we plan to continue to go out there and do that. Whether it’s with the first pick in the draft, a playoff win, or who goes to the first Super Bowl. I will use that as a driving force, whether I go first, second, third or fourth in the draft. The fact I wasn’t out there with people believing in me is going to be the key to drive me to be a better player. So it’ll always be a competition between me and Andrew, just because we’re in the same class and the media is going to paint it that way. I don’t have anything against him, and he doesn’t have anything against me. We’re just competitors.”
There’s no doubt that the team that drafts Griffin will have itself a competitor.
----------------------------------------------------------------
-
I don't think they will draft RGIII, but I think every day there becomes a bigger chance they do. RGIII is hot right now and Luck's stock has fallen a bit. Luck is still better, and I'm sure they will make the right decision. But it isn't 100% anymore. Even though it's only like 98% now, it still isn't 100. I think they draft him, but I could see where they don't. They aren't that good and drafting RGIII will instantly give you the play making ability too.
-
Yes, the closer we get to the draft and as more statements are being made, it makes the possibilities better and better that the Colts may go unconventional and draft RG3! Recently RG3 saying he hopes to be in Indy on draft day and the Colts saying that it's likely going to be between Luck or Griffin for the first pick. If RG3 has an off the charts Combine then it's likely the Colts will lean more towards Griffin. Could you imagine if we were to land Luck on draft day? Oh man, the anticipation is overwhelming! I'm so pumped for this next season! Let's Go Browns!
-
Luck is butt ugly.......Sorry, can't root for The Gieco Caveman as our QB.
Well it's a good thing that the football isn't a fashion show or else we could scrap both Eli and Peyton Manning(some of the weirdest looking humans imaginable), Aaron Rodgers, Sanchez, Cutler, Rivers, Vick has an ugh-ly mug as does cross eyed Bradford and the red headed Palmer AND Cincy's hideous QB Dalton... this list goes on and on... It's not the looks or else Brady Quinn would have been an All-Pro, clearly NFL QB is not easy enough that a caveman could do it

-
Could Cleveland Trade with Indianapolis for the First Overall Pick in the 2012 Draft?
Bugs_bunny_pose_tiny by Douglas M on Jan 24, 2012 5:38 AM CST in 2012 NFL Draft
Pic courtesy of VTRamsFan
Hmm? It could happen, and here's why and how: My premise is based on last year's block buster draft day deal the Browns made with Atlanta so they could acquire Julio Jones. While some may look at the trade on Cleveland's part as an effort to stock pile draft picks (and you'd be right by the way), the ultimate reasoning may be far different than we all may have thought.
I can't get the possible match of Mike Holmgren and Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck out of my mind. The two go together like puddin' and a bowl - Cats and YouTube - "Glee" and..., OK nothing goes with that insipid show, but you get where I'm going here: Holmgren and Luck are made for each other.
Possibly the best quarterback prospect in over a decade, who also is a West Coast offense wunderkind, is going to be available in the 2012 NFL Draft. Andrew Luck has it all. Some think his arm strength isn't all that spectacular, but when I watched Luck in the Stanford - USC game last year, I saw Joe Montana's younger doppelganger. Now think about Holmgren's roots in coaching; a Bill Walsh apostle and West Coast advocate. Cleveland has the offensive line in place. All they are missing is a wide receiver (sorry, Greg Little just isn't it), and I've come to believe there will be a few in the second round of this year's draft that could be serious sleepers. This is all to say that if Holmgren is as sly as I think he is, he may have started planning last year for this very moment in time; for kismet...
Star-divide
...On the flip side of the coin is Jim Irsay and the Indianapolis Colts. They need a quarterback. Their need may be predicated on a quarterback with a proven skill-set though. I've read a great deal of the "Matt Flynn to follow Philbin" to Miami predictions. What if Irsay was to dangle a huge chuck of the cash they were going to pay Peyton Manning? Even if the Colts decide to keep Manning, his latest contract will have to be redone with a shorter duration, and possibly a mighty slash in the March 2012 bonus the future Hall of Fame quarterback was due. NFL players are driven by a very simple rule: Cash is King! Would Matt Flynn pass up on a chance for Olympian payday to play in Miami? You think the Dolphins will out bid the Colts? Given Miami's track record, they are willing to stand up to the plate. But when the game is on the line, they dive to the dirt when the proverbial pitch is high and inside. In other words, the owner of the Miami Dolphin's, Stephen Ross, flinches - game over...
Flynn represents a chance to jump a few of the "re-building" hurdles. Pocket aware, with a good arm strength and intellect, he could either back up Manning for a year, or step right into the breach so badly filled by Curtis Painter, Kerry Collins and Dan Orlovski in 2011. If this is true, then the Colts draft board changes quite a bit. Gone would be the need for a rookie quarterback. Their top wide receivers, Reggie Wayne (getting old, but still great) and Pierre Garcon are possible free agents this year. Re-signing one, or both, of them has to be high on their agenda, regardless of who is quarterback. Matt Flynn makes great sense for a team like the Colts with their myriad of other needs.
Enter Mike Holmgren and his gilded chest filled with first round draft picks. Irsay is a wheeler dealer too. He may be known for his Twitter ravings and cryptic Tweets, but when it comes down to it - Jim Irsay has some game. Would the Colts take the Browns #4 and #22 picks? Sure, but Irsay will take advantage of Holmgren's obvious lust for Luck. He'll demand at least a first round pick in 2013 to be added to the pie, and possibly a second or third round pick in this year's draft or next year's too. The price will be high, and Mike Holmgren may have to sell it to the Brown's owner Randy Lerner. In the end though, Holmgren could very well be the architect of one of the biggest NFL Draft day trades in years.
So what would your Mock Draft look like if this came to pass? If you think it wouldn't affect the Rams pick at #2, you really need to think again. Suddenly, Miami is back in play as a potential suitor for the Rams pick. Washington, who may very well be in the bidding war to come for Matt Flynn will make a "Light Brigade" charge at the Rams if they fail to win the services of the Green Bay Packers back up quarterback. Don't discount the Baltimore Ravens from entering the RGIII fray. The "Mighy OZ" - Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome may finally decide to pull the plug on Joe Flacco. The Dallas Cowboys may want to shift from their "Romo ways" and find a way to pick RGIII. Any team playing Cleveland next season may very well shift their draft boards to counter a perceived threat from Andrew Luck. Then there is how Indianapolis itself, who would be holding the #4 and #22 positions, let alone a slew of other late round picks. Their "needs" list could cause a massive shift across the first day of the 2012 NFL Draft.
Whatever happens, Mike Holmgren has some serious Draft cards to play, so don't be shocked if he goes all in...
-----------------------------------------------------
This link also provide a pretty awesome photo of Holmgren... If anyone is computer literate enough to post it to this thread I would be very appreciative...
-
LOL, this is just stirring the pot by some bloggers. It really doesn't matter who or what the Colts want for Luck (or RGIII). The asking price will be too high, and they can't draft both. We talk to the Rams about whoever the Colts DON'T take. If Manning goes to the Redskins- we're sitting pretty because no one else can realistically outbid us. Even better if Miami makes a bid for (and gets) Flynn. RG III falls right in our lap in that scenario, and we have to give up NADA extra to get him.
-
Luck is butt ugly.......Sorry, can't root for The Gieco Caveman as our QB.
Well it's a good thing that the football isn't a fashion show or else we could scrap both Eli and Peyton Manning(some of the weirdest looking humans imaginable), Aaron Rodgers, Sanchez, Cutler, Rivers, Vick has an ugh-ly mug as does cross eyed Bradford and the red headed Palmer AND Cincy's hideous QB Dalton... this list goes on and on... It's not the looks or else Brady Quinn would have been an All-Pro, clearly NFL QB is not easy enough that a caveman could do it

Well it's a good thing that the football isn't a fashion show or else we could scrap both Eli and Peyton Manning(some of the weirdest looking humans imaginable), Aaron Rodgers, Sanchez, Cutler, Rivers, Vick has an ugh-ly mug as does cross eyed Bradford and the red headed Palmer AND Cincy's hideous QB Dalton... this list goes on and on... It's not the looks or else Brady Quinn would have been an All-Pro, clearly NFL QB is not easy enough that a caveman could do it

Chicks love Sanchez dude. He is a pretty boy if there ever was one. He was even on the cover of GQ I believe.
With all that being said I am sure as hell happy we didn't draft that pretty bastard
And you forgot the ugliest QB is Colt who looks like some big eared baby faced elf
-
The Colts would be super stupid to draft RG3 with the first overall pick. If they don't want Andrew Luck, they have to be able to swing a trade deal that will still land them RG3. Luck has to be a QB that fits Holmgren's vision and he's a far better fit than RG3. I can't see why the Browns wouldn't trade both of thier first rounders to move up and nab Luck. Nobody else on the planet can offer the Colts what the Browns can, and only a trade with the Browns will keep Colts in the hunt for RG3 (if that's who they want).
-
Browns will stay at pick #4 and let the Dan Snyders of the world be foolish with their future.
One of RG3, Luck, Kalil, or Blackmon will be there - and that's who we'll take.
-
I say we draft a punter, field goal kicker, long snapper, or fullback with our #4 pick. Dawson won't be around forever, Maynard is getting up there too, and I am not convinced that Marecic is the answer either.
I say we draft a punter, field goal kicker, long snapper, or fullback with our #4 pick. Dawson won't be around forever, Maynard is getting up there too, and I am not convinced that Marecic is the answer either.
I know you're kidding but if we draft Richardson at #4 that would essentially be upgrading our FB position(which btw does need improving) by using Richardson at HB and Hillis at FB we could have a one two punch to rival the Hillis Vickers combo!
-
Anyway I think that we'll keep Hillis and if the Colts take RG3 I think that we go all in for Luck. That is the point of this thread, what would we have to do to go up and draft Luck. I don't think that the Rams would/could take Luck, they have Bradford. If they were to trade the pick that could land them either A)Protection for their 70 Million dollar QB or B)A legit WR in Blackmon I'd say that they'd be foolish, unless it's to Cleveland which will ensure that they land one or the other, PLUS if they were to swap picks with Cleveland it would cost them nothing and allow them to pick up another nice pick in the draft...Now the question becomes what pick would suffice. Sure the could trade to some other team but if they covet one of the players in the top 5 they'd have to make due with what we'd give them for it to make sense to trade out of the number two pick and risk losing a much needed playmaker... right?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
