Rugby On Nbc
-
My cousin in England is a big Rugby follower. He goes to matches in Australia and New Zealand and South Africa.
Wasn't that movie with Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman about South Africa winning the Rugby World Cup? Directed by Clint Eastwood? Good movie.
-
Although tempted I did not dive into this one straight away.
I see predjudice against American Football over here in the same way some people on this board are predjudiced against Rugby. The simple fact is - you can compare the sports but to what avail? They are completely different games - if someone said to you I don't like bananas because they don't taste like apples you would rightly think they were an idiot. Both games are excellent to play and watch (although I would rather watch your brand of football)
Regarding the toughness of each sport. Hmmmm. It has been interesting to read so many comments here from football players who have also played rugby and say Rugby is a tougher sport on the body! Martyn Johnson, ex England Rugby captain - won the world cup in 2003 - an avid American football fan - stated that he would no way play American Football as it was so much more brutal than Rugby. I played Rugby for 8 years as a lad and took my far share of knocks and a few breaks but the way you are coached to take a tackle can help you avoid injury. I played American football for 6 months back in 1986 for a team here in the UK and broke 3 fingers, 2 ribs and a colar bone. Maybe I was the worst WR in history but helmets under the ribs, into the hands and getting blindsided without the ball in your hands was a rapid learning curve. I gave upo beacuse I was missing too much studying time due to injury!
So, I think the sensible crew on the board have summed it up right. They are two completely different sports, both for real men and any attempt to call either soft or gay is, well, gay.
-
Rugby is better than soccer. That's not saying much and that's all ill give it. So what if the conditioning for rugby is tougher? So what? Conditioning for mma is tougher, and the board has deemed that gay. I hate rugby. Its stupid, boring, has nothing to do with football and nbc has no business broadcasting it in America, just because a few weird fringe redcoat loyalists kind of like it.
-
Rugby is better than soccer. That's not saying much and that's all ill give it. So what if the conditioning for rugby is tougher? So what? Conditioning for mma is tougher, and the board has deemed that gay. I hate rugby. Its stupid, boring, has nothing to do with football and nbc has no business broadcasting it in America, just because a few weird fringe redcoat loyalists kind of like it.
weird fringe redcoat loyalists
Are you for real? Do you think that the 250,000 current US rugby players are all proud decendants of the original Mayflower posse? Live and let live man.
Bloody hell.
-
Weird redcoat loyalists.
-
Weird redcoat loyalists.
Weird redcoat loyalists.
+1 Cysko, that is some funny shite right there (spelled it like the Brits in your honor).
-
Although tempted I did not dive into this one straight away.
I see predjudice against American Football over here in the same way some people on this board are predjudiced against Rugby. The simple fact is - you can compare the sports but to what avail? They are completely different games - if someone said to you I don't like bananas because they don't taste like apples you would rightly think they were an idiot. Both games are excellent to play and watch (although I would rather watch your brand of football)
Regarding the toughness of each sport. Hmmmm. It has been interesting to read so many comments here from football players who have also played rugby and say Rugby is a tougher sport on the body! Martyn Johnson, ex England Rugby captain - won the world cup in 2003 - an avid American football fan - stated that he would no way play American Football as it was so much more brutal than Rugby. I played Rugby for 8 years as a lad and took my far share of knocks and a few breaks but the way you are coached to take a tackle can help you avoid injury. I played American football for 6 months back in 1986 for a team here in the UK and broke 3 fingers, 2 ribs and a colar bone. Maybe I was the worst WR in history but helmets under the ribs, into the hands and getting blindsided without the ball in your hands was a rapid learning curve. I gave upo beacuse I was missing too much studying time due to injury!
So, I think the sensible crew on the board have summed it up right. They are two completely different sports, both for real men and any attempt to call either soft or gay is, well, gay.
Although tempted I did not dive into this one straight away.
I see predjudice against American Football over here in the same way some people on this board are predjudiced against Rugby. The simple fact is - you can compare the sports but to what avail? They are completely different games - if someone said to you I don't like bananas because they don't taste like apples you would rightly think they were an idiot. Both games are excellent to play and watch (although I would rather watch your brand of football)
Regarding the toughness of each sport. Hmmmm. It has been interesting to read so many comments here from football players who have also played rugby and say Rugby is a tougher sport on the body! Martyn Johnson, ex England Rugby captain - won the world cup in 2003 - an avid American football fan - stated that he would no way play American Football as it was so much more brutal than Rugby. I played Rugby for 8 years as a lad and took my far share of knocks and a few breaks but the way you are coached to take a tackle can help you avoid injury. I played American football for 6 months back in 1986 for a team here in the UK and broke 3 fingers, 2 ribs and a colar bone. Maybe I was the worst WR in history but helmets under the ribs, into the hands and getting blindsided without the ball in your hands was a rapid learning curve. I gave upo beacuse I was missing too much studying time due to injury!
So, I think the sensible crew on the board have summed it up right. They are two completely different sports, both for real men and any attempt to call either soft or gay is, well, gay.
Well, I do hear some futbol fans and a few Rugby fans chide Football players for wearing all the protective gear they do, but that is because they don't comprehend the brutality with which the sport is played.
Soccer is like basketball, there is not supposed to be contact, but certainly some occurs in the course of a game.
From what I hear of rugby, the only contact that is supposed to be allowed is the tackling of the player with the ball...and that tackling is only supposed to occur within tightly controlled strictures.
The point of football is all about brutal collisions. There is one guy with the ball, and the other 10 on his side are supposed to disintegrate the players on the other team to allow the guy with the ball to go free. On the other hand, those 11 guys are allowed to brutalize everyone on the offensive side on every play in an effort to brutalize the guy with the ball. Yes, some rules for player safety have been implemented...no face mask grabbing, no horse collar tackling, no chop blocks, no helmet to helmet in certain situations, no head sslaps, but otherwise it is no holds barred in beating all hell out of every player on the other team.
-
weird fringe redcoat loyalists
Are you for real? Do you think that the 250,000 current US rugby players are all proud decendants of the original Mayflower posse? Live and let live man.
Bloody hell.
Are you for real? Do you think that the 250,000 current US rugby players are all proud decendants of the original Mayflower posse? Live and let live man.
Bloody hell.
Don't worry about the Cysco Kid. He is still mad about the Brits burning the White House.
He forgets that we already got even at the Battles of Lake Erie and New Orleans.
But, allow me to digress.
What I think we should all really be debating in the sports world is whether or not Football, Soccer, Baseball, Rugby, Basketball etc. etc. are going to be replaced in popularity by Quidditch. Here is a link to the rules of Muggle Quidditch:
-
Never played rugby but it seems alot like Backyard football as someone stated such as Kill the Carrier, i played football most of my life and was pretty good before an injury...The way i became good was growing up always playing pick up games with friends no pads etc., in my opinon no pads you have a great chance for injury and you defentily get the shit kicked out of you but with pads it makes it a whole different experience because they now become a weapon which i believe makes football more leathal....You are now doing the hitting with full pads which makes it exteremly dangerous reminds me of how when i was growing up you would have certain kids who would be the biggest pussys when it came to backyard football but as soon as you geared them up with pads they thought they were king kong and indestructable...
Got no beef with Rugby seems like a great sport
-
Are you for real? Do you think that the 250,000 current US rugby players are all proud decendants of the original Mayflower posse? Live and let live man.
Bloody hell.
Don't worry about the Cysco Kid. He is still mad about the Brits burning the White House.
He forgets that we already got even at the Battles of Lake Erie and New Orleans.
But, allow me to digress.
What I think we should all really be debating in the sports world is whether or not Football, Soccer, Baseball, Rugby, Basketball etc. etc. are going to be replaced in popularity by Quidditch. Here is a link to the rules of Muggle Quidditch:
Don't worry about the Cysco Kid. He is still mad about the Brits burning the White House.
He forgets that we already got even at the Battles of Lake Erie and New Orleans.
But, allow me to digress.
What I think we should all really be debating in the sports world is whether or not Football, Soccer, Baseball, Rugby, Basketball etc. etc. are going to be replaced in popularity by Quidditch. Here is a link to the rules of Muggle Quidditch:
Now you'd have us all playing queerditch like a bunch of magic Pansies?
-
Don't worry about the Cysco Kid. He is still mad about the Brits burning the White House.
He forgets that we already got even at the Battles of Lake Erie and New Orleans.
But, allow me to digress.
What I think we should all really be debating in the sports world is whether or not Football, Soccer, Baseball, Rugby, Basketball etc. etc. are going to be replaced in popularity by Quidditch. Here is a link to the rules of Muggle Quidditch:
Now you'd have us all playing queerditch like a bunch of magic Pansies?
Now you'd have us all playing queerditch like a bunch of magic Pansies?
Dude, when you get whacked in the face with a Bludger we'll see how much of a pansy you think the game is!

-
Now you'd have us all playing queerditch like a bunch of magic Pansies?
Dude, when you get whacked in the face with a Bludger we'll see how much of a pansy you think the game is!

Dude, when you get whacked in the face with a Bludger we'll see how much of a pansy you think the game is!

Lol, it would be a little less gay if you didn't have to run around with a broom between your legs.
-
Dude, when you get whacked in the face with a Bludger we'll see how much of a pansy you think the game is!

Lol, it would be a little less gay if you didn't have to run around with a broom between your legs.
Lol, it would be a little less gay if you didn't have to run around with a broom between your legs.
I guess, in Muggle version, the broom also acts as a device that you can swat the bludgers or quaffles or whatever with.
The thing that is "gay" (lame as the term is now used) is the fact that if you "catch the Snitch" the game ends. Well, in this case it took all of 3 minutes of action to catch the snitch.
What is the point of having a game that is 3 minutes long, I mean, it isn't a Mike Tyson boxing match.
-
Stop saying "muggle" were every last one of us on earth "muggles"
-
Stop saying "muggle" were every last one of us on earth "muggles"
Stop saying "muggle" were every last one of us on earth "muggles"
Speak for yourself, muggle breath. All the ladies say that I have a magic wand.
-
Gay
-
Gay
Gay
Is that a declaration of your status?
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
-
I'm not the queerditch loving harry potter afficianado.
-
Gay
Is that a declaration of your status?
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Is that a declaration of your status?
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
There really has been only one person on the board I thought was gay and it's Cysko. The only thing the dude talks about is why things are gay or are not gay.
-
I'm not the queerditch loving harry potter afficianado.
I'm not the queerditch loving harry potter afficianado.
Don't homophobes have the high rate of actually being closeted homosexuals?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login