Todd Mcshay Has Us...
-
The Browns will never compete without a QB that teams have to respect.
Colt is not that QB.
RG3 has shown as much as any College QB at being successful in the NFL.
You make the move for a franchise QB with Olympic speed.
Heckert will get the best deal possible...Phil Savage he is not.
Thank you... I mean, seriously, what's up with Browns fans? We really in that stage where fans are blaming the fact a QB can't/won't throw the ball down field on coaching/young players?
Who has the ball in their hands every play?
Who see's the defense before anyone else?
Who has the ear of every player on the team?
Despite all this, Colt really can't be expected to average more than 5 YPA?? That's five yards per pass attempt? That's abysmal, man.
0-10 in the AFC North?
Cmon, people... we really want another year of that nonsense? You think a rookie right tackle or receiver is gonna make Colt McCoy a Super Bowl caliber quarterback? We already have a Pro Bowl left tackle and center -- what has that gotten us?
Remember you all blamed the defense for giving up 25 points a game? Well, last year they gave up less than 20 and had a top-10 rated defense.
Why did that get us? Still 4-12...
Mediocre quarterback play is just that... mediocre. The time is now to draft the franchise talent who will make defenses all across the league FINALLY gameplan for us week in, week out. It's time, man. Damn, its time.
Thank you... I mean,
Who has the ball in their hands every play?
Who see's their balls before anyone else?
Who has the rear of every player on the team?
Despite all this, Colt really can't be expected to average more than 5 YPA?? That's five yards per pass attempt? That's abysmal, man.
Why did that get us? Still 4-12...
The time is now to shaft the franchise talent who will make defensless moves.It's time, man. Damn, its time.
7 posts in and you're movin all-in on the gay flush?
-
Why wouldn't RGIII be as good as the good as the guys you mentioned?
This is where I'm getting thrown off by Browns fans perception of RGIII. He has all the tools to be a dynamic quarterback. He's insanely accurate, has top 3 arm strength, and is an undeniable leader.
Where's the doubt manifesting itself from when it comes to projecting this guy at the next level? He's a no brainer selection that every national writer seems to understand the gravity of his talents. Now why aren't Browns fans in a consensus about him?
I'm very confused by this.
Why wouldn't RGIII be as good as the good as the guys you mentioned?
This is where I'm getting thrown off by Browns fans perception of RGIII. He has all the tools to be a dynamic quarterback. He's insanely accurate, has top 3 arm strength, and is an undeniable leader.
Where's the doubt manifesting itself from when it comes to projecting this guy at the next level? He's a no brainer selection that every national writer seems to understand the gravity of his talents. Now why aren't Browns fans in a consensus about him?
I'm very confused by this.
He is "insanely accurate" out of the shotgun, in a spread offense, and with the deep ball. Not "insanely accurate" with the short to intermediate passes from what I've seen on film and read, not saying he can't be or won't be.. The short passes are obviously crucial in the WCO as we all know, and so is taking snaps from under center. These are two key aspects that are still unknown with RGIII. Keep in mind Colt was "shunned" in his first offseason and didnt have a real offseason last year, with a patched line and no playmakers this year. The WCO QB position has been said by experts to take time to learn and develop under, and also timing and chemistry b/w the QB and WRs is noted to be important. Given all of those reasons, I am not sure that RGIII can run the WCO, just as I am not sure Colt cannot run the offense effectively yet. It's rash decisions like trading the #22 and #4 pick for RGIII that has led to the Browns being pathetic since their return.. You build through the draft. This is well documented and agreed upon. Personally, I would take RGIII if he fell to 4, but if he doesnt, I would work on building an actually talented team, and not take the "easy" home-run shot, silver bullet, quick fix etc. in RGIII that may not pan out. I wouldnt hate to see what Colt can do with actual weapons and an actual offseason...
-
Why wouldn't RGIII be as good as the good as the guys you mentioned?
This is where I'm getting thrown off by Browns fans perception of RGIII. He has all the tools to be a dynamic quarterback. He's insanely accurate, has top 3 arm strength, and is an undeniable leader.
Where's the doubt manifesting itself from when it comes to projecting this guy at the next level? He's a no brainer selection that every national writer seems to understand the gravity of his talents. Now why aren't Browns fans in a consensus about him?
I'm very confused by this.
He is "insanely accurate" out of the shotgun, in a spread offense, and with the deep ball. Not "insanely accurate" with the short to intermediate passes from what I've seen on film and read, not saying he can't be or won't be.. The short passes are obviously crucial in the WCO as we all know, and so is taking snaps from under center. These are two key aspects that are still unknown with RGIII. Keep in mind Colt was "shunned" in his first offseason and didnt have a real offseason last year, with a patched line and no playmakers this year. The WCO QB position has been said by experts to take time to learn and develop under, and also timing and chemistry b/w the QB and WRs is noted to be important. Given all of those reasons, I am not sure that RGIII can run the WCO, just as I am not sure Colt cannot run the offense effectively yet. It's rash decisions like trading the #22 and #4 pick for RGIII that has led to the Browns being pathetic since their return.. You build through the draft. This is well documented and agreed upon. Personally, I would take RGIII if he fell to 4, but if he doesnt, I would work on building an actually talented team, and not take the "easy" home-run shot, silver bullet, quick fix etc. in RGIII that may not pan out. I wouldnt hate to see what Colt can do with actual weapons and an actual offseason...
He is "insanely accurate" out of the shotgun, in a spread offense, and with the deep ball. Not "insanely accurate" with the short to intermediate passes from what I've seen on film and read, not saying he can't be or won't be.. The short passes are obviously crucial in the WCO as we all know, and so is taking snaps from under center. These are two key aspects that are still unknown with RGIII. Keep in mind Colt was "shunned" in his first offseason and didnt have a real offseason last year, with a patched line and no playmakers this year. The WCO QB position has been said by experts to take time to learn and develop under, and also timing and chemistry b/w the QB and WRs is noted to be important. Given all of those reasons, I am not sure that RGIII can run the WCO, just as I am not sure Colt cannot run the offense effectively yet. It's rash decisions like trading the #22 and #4 pick for RGIII that has led to the Browns being pathetic since their return.. You build through the draft. This is well documented and agreed upon. Personally, I would take RGIII if he fell to 4, but if he doesnt, I would work on building an actually talented team, and not take the "easy" home-run shot, silver bullet, quick fix etc. in RGIII that may not pan out. I wouldnt hate to see what Colt can do with actual weapons and an actual offseason...
80% of your post is speculative banter.
In three years at Baylor he threw 1200 passes with only 17 being intercepted.
Try to marginalize those numbers all you want but RGIII is accurate no matter the circumstances. Short. Intermediate. Deep. In addition, he took snaps under center at Baylor. He was not a 100% shotgun QB there.
And really, the notion the WCO is this uber difficult offense to pick up is just hogwash. Cmon, man. You need to do better than that. It's so difficult that QBs with average arm strength are taught it to compensate for their lack of downfield throwing ability.
That doesn't sound complex, that sounds like a copout.
The principles of the WCO will be ripe for RGIII's talents. He has a trigger release and is accurate in and out of receiver's breaks. Add that to his arm strength, he's made for the offense.
-
We need more than just talented, solid players. We need all-pro , superstar game changers at priority positions.
If RG3 is to become a star franchise quarterback than it's absolutely necessary and no question to trade the house to get him. If they do that and he becomes a franchise guy no one is going to care about the picks traded to get him when we are in the playoffs. On the other hand if we do that and he's not what we hope it will cripple us for years. And as a Browns fan it's hard not to be pessimistic.
Honestly at this point the Browns are so much of a joke why not take the risk and swing for the fences.
On one hand I like the idea of drafting solid guys and building a strong foundation but while new talent develops other talent declines and ages so we end up stuck in mediocrity. Sooner or later you have to gamble and this seems like a good as time as any on a guy like RG3.
At the end of the day passing up on the opportunity to take him is playing not to lose.
We need more than just talented, solid players. We need all-pro , superstar game changers at priority positions.
If RG3 is to become a star franchise quarterback than it's absolutely necessary and no question to trade the house to get him. If they do that and he becomes a franchise guy no one is going to care about the picks traded to get him when we are in the playoffs. On the other hand if we do that and he's not what we hope it will cripple us for years. And as a Browns fan it's hard not to be pessimistic.
Honestly at this point the Browns are so much of a joke why not take the risk and swing for the fences.
On one hand I like the idea of drafting solid guys and building a strong foundation but while new talent develops other talent declines and ages so we end up stuck in mediocrity. Sooner or later you have to gamble and this seems like a good as time as any on a guy like RG3.
At the end of the day passing up on the opportunity to take him is playing not to lose.
Why? I will tell you why. Because I don't want the Browns to be the New Orleans Saints of the 70s....a team that had perhaps the best QB in the league with Archie Manning....whose skill set was not dissimilar to RGIIIs....but the team was so bad around him that they couldn't win a thing.
This team need replenishment at so many positions that to expend vast valuable resources to get 1 guy is absurd.
I don't mind getting that one guy....if we can get him with what we have....but no way would I advocate giving up anything more than say another 3rd or 4th round pick to move up 2 slots.
the Browns HAVE to have those picks at #22 and at the top of the second round to get some talent at positions that they desperately need talent. Giving either of those commodities up to move up 2 slots in unacceptable to me. I mean, sure, we could have another Michael Vick...or another Akili Smith.
-
He is "insanely accurate" out of the shotgun, in a spread offense, and with the deep ball. Not "insanely accurate" with the short to intermediate passes from what I've seen on film and read, not saying he can't be or won't be.. The short passes are obviously crucial in the WCO as we all know, and so is taking snaps from under center. These are two key aspects that are still unknown with RGIII. Keep in mind Colt was "shunned" in his first offseason and didnt have a real offseason last year, with a patched line and no playmakers this year. The WCO QB position has been said by experts to take time to learn and develop under, and also timing and chemistry b/w the QB and WRs is noted to be important. Given all of those reasons, I am not sure that RGIII can run the WCO, just as I am not sure Colt cannot run the offense effectively yet. It's rash decisions like trading the #22 and #4 pick for RGIII that has led to the Browns being pathetic since their return.. You build through the draft. This is well documented and agreed upon. Personally, I would take RGIII if he fell to 4, but if he doesnt, I would work on building an actually talented team, and not take the "easy" home-run shot, silver bullet, quick fix etc. in RGIII that may not pan out. I wouldnt hate to see what Colt can do with actual weapons and an actual offseason...
80% of your post is speculative banter.
In three years at Baylor he threw 1200 passes with only 17 being intercepted.
Try to marginalize those numbers all you want but RGIII is accurate no matter the circumstances. Short. Intermediate. Deep. In addition, he took snaps under center at Baylor. He was not a 100% shotgun QB there.
And really, the notion the WCO is this uber difficult offense to pick up is just hogwash. Cmon, man. You need to do better than that. It's so difficult that QBs with average arm strength are taught it to compensate for their lack of downfield throwing ability.
That doesn't sound complex, that sounds like a copout.
The principles of the WCO will be ripe for RGIII's talents. He has a trigger release and is accurate in and out of receiver's breaks. Add that to his arm strength, he's made for the offense.
80% of your post is speculative banter.
The same can be said for your posts.
In three years at Baylor he threw 1200 passes with only 17 being intercepted.
Try to marginalize those numbers all you want but RGIII is accurate no matter the circumstances. Short. Intermediate. Deep. In addition, he took snaps under center at Baylor. He was not a 100% shotgun QB there.
And yet, in the very same conference, Colt's numbers exceeded RGs. More yards, more TDs, as good or better int.%. And McCoy holds the NCAA record for accuracy. So, if you are using college numbers, RG won't even match McCoy.
And really, the notion the WCO is this uber difficult offense to pick up is just hogwash. Cmon, man. You need to do better than that. It's so difficult that QBs with average arm strength are taught it to compensate for their lack of downfield throwing ability.
That doesn't sound complex, that sounds like a copout.
The principles of the WCO will be ripe for RGIII's talents. He has a trigger release and is accurate in and out of receiver's breaks. Add that to his arm strength, he's made for the offense.
I am not worried about RG learning the WCO. I am sure he can. I am not opposed to taking RG at #4. I am not in favor of giving up other valuable assets to move up a couple of slots to get him....when 50% of first round QBs are busts. If 50% of first round picks are busts, then give me 2 of them, so at least we can be reasonably certain of getting one quality player. Like in 2007....we took JT and Quinn in the first round. We traded up to get the sure fire can't miss Brady Quinn. OOPS. At least we have JT to show for those 2 first rounders. I prefer to keep it that way. Give away 2 to draft choices for a potential flop and you really flop.
-
The Browns also really need depth.. badly... the best way to get depth is through the draft. Trading the house kills our chance to get depth, and look how big name free agents have fared in the lovely city of Cleveland. If he's there at 4 and H&H want him, take him. If he's gone, build depth, and if we can't win with depth then we bring in a QB next year and make Colt the backup... which also makes depth.
-
He is "insanely accurate" out of the shotgun, in a spread offense, and with the deep ball. Not "insanely accurate" with the short to intermediate passes from what I've seen on film and read, not saying he can't be or won't be.. The short passes are obviously crucial in the WCO as we all know, and so is taking snaps from under center. These are two key aspects that are still unknown with RGIII. Keep in mind Colt was "shunned" in his first offseason and didnt have a real offseason last year, with a patched line and no playmakers this year. The WCO QB position has been said by experts to take time to learn and develop under, and also timing and chemistry b/w the QB and WRs is noted to be important. Given all of those reasons, I am not sure that RGIII can run the WCO, just as I am not sure Colt cannot run the offense effectively yet. It's rash decisions like trading the #22 and #4 pick for RGIII that has led to the Browns being pathetic since their return.. You build through the draft. This is well documented and agreed upon. Personally, I would take RGIII if he fell to 4, but if he doesnt, I would work on building an actually talented team, and not take the "easy" home-run shot, silver bullet, quick fix etc. in RGIII that may not pan out. I wouldnt hate to see what Colt can do with actual weapons and an actual offseason...
80% of your post is speculative banter.
In three years at Baylor he threw 1200 passes with only 17 being intercepted.
Try to marginalize those numbers all you want but RGIII is accurate no matter the circumstances. Short. Intermediate. Deep. In addition, he took snaps under center at Baylor. He was not a 100% shotgun QB there.
And really, the notion the WCO is this uber difficult offense to pick up is just hogwash. Cmon, man. You need to do better than that. It's so difficult that QBs with average arm strength are taught it to compensate for their lack of downfield throwing ability.
That doesn't sound complex, that sounds like a copout.
The principles of the WCO will be ripe for RGIII's talents. He has a trigger release and is accurate in and out of receiver's breaks. Add that to his arm strength, he's made for the offense.
80% of your post is speculative banter.
In three years at Baylor he threw 1200 passes with only 17 being intercepted.
Try to marginalize those numbers all you want but RGIII is accurate no matter the circumstances. Short. Intermediate. Deep. In addition, he took snaps under center at Baylor. He was not a 100% shotgun QB there.
And really, the notion the WCO is this uber difficult offense to pick up is just hogwash. Cmon, man. You need to do better than that. It's so difficult that QBs with average arm strength are taught it to compensate for their lack of downfield throwing ability.
That doesn't sound complex, that sounds like a copout.
The principles of the WCO will be ripe for RGIII's talents. He has a trigger release and is accurate in and out of receiver's breaks. Add that to his arm strength, he's made for the offense.
I'm not saying RGIII wont be good in the WCO, I'm saying we dont know and it is a big risk to trade 2 first rounders for him. I dont think interceptions are the best measure of accuracy, I would say completion percentage is. Colt had a 70% completion percentage in college. The WCO offense, more than anything else, is about making quick reads and accurate throws. This takes time to learn and build chemistry, like I said. Arm strength is nice, but is overrated in my opinion, esp in the WCO. RGIII took the vast majority of his snaps from shotgun (as did Colt in college), and that requires a much different sense of accuracy/decision making from a quarterback, than under the center.
I believe RGIII will make a good/great QB, and I do have my doubts about Colt. But Colt really has not been given a fair shot, and I think to trade 2 first rounders for a prospect that is an unknown is not too smart, given our needs elsewhere and the fact that he may drop to us anyway. If it was guaranteed that RGIII would even be an improvement over Colt, I wouldnt hesitate to trade the picks for him. Also, Im obviously not a WCO QB expert, like our coaches/front office should be, so if they see the traits that tell them RGIII will succeed in the WCO, I would trade teh 2 first rounders for the franchise QB. All Im saying is if our experts are still unsure about RGIII by draft day, I would not want them to take the huge risk and give up 2 first rounders for him.
-
To me it seems silly that Todd McShay would even make a comment like this before the March 15th deadline arrives. Teams will move up or down the draft board based upon free agent signings and I seriously doubt any team would venture a trade offer prior to then. The Bucs, Skins and maybe even the Jags are potential trade candidates for the Rams/Vikings. I believe that both the Rams/Vikings are considering Blackmon as their selection, who will not be available after a trade.
Unless the Bucs, Skins or Jags have idiots employed in their personnel department (and I think the Skins do...i.e. the owner Snyder) those teams do not appear primed for a play-off run in 2012. That would mean a huge, huge cost to trade this years and next years 1st rounders to move up a few spots. Not to mention, that cost may likely include a 3rd/4th rounder from this year as well.
Everything really falls on Indy. If they keep Peyton Manning (which seems highly unlikely), selecting Andrew Luck will be a huge problem for them. Were I Luck, I would pull a John Elway on Irsay and company. RG3 can wait 1/2 years before taking over the reins in Indy, Luck is more likely to cause friction. Luck does not want an Aaron Rodgers type treatment. Indy can't select RG3 with the 1st overall pick, they would need to trade back to get him, as you can't select an inferior QB first. Hence Cleveland is the only team truly capable of interesting Indy.
I think Holmgren/Heckert may consider moving up 2 spots for RG3, but I don't see them offering more than the #4 pick and your second round pick this year. No other team can match that offer without spending future first rounders and I've already stated my opinion that the three other teams in possible contention for RG3 would be idiots to do so.
You could say Miami is a potential trade candidate for RG3, but that's a huge fall for the trade partner and Miami seems to have a bit better prospects for 2012 with RG3 than the other teams would with RG3.
-
We need more than just talented, solid players. We need all-pro , superstar game changers at priority positions.
If RG3 is to become a star franchise quarterback than it's absolutely necessary and no question to trade the house to get him. If they do that and he becomes a franchise guy no one is going to care about the picks traded to get him when we are in the playoffs. On the other hand if we do that and he's not what we hope it will cripple us for years. And as a Browns fan it's hard not to be pessimistic.
Honestly at this point the Browns are so much of a joke why not take the risk and swing for the fences.
On one hand I like the idea of drafting solid guys and building a strong foundation but while new talent develops other talent declines and ages so we end up stuck in mediocrity. Sooner or later you have to gamble and this seems like a good as time as any on a guy like RG3.
At the end of the day passing up on the opportunity to take him is playing not to lose.
Why? I will tell you why. Because I don't want the Browns to be the New Orleans Saints of the 70s....a team that had perhaps the best QB in the league with Archie Manning....whose skill set was not dissimilar to RGIIIs....but the team was so bad around him that they couldn't win a thing.
This team need replenishment at so many positions that to expend vast valuable resources to get 1 guy is absurd.
I don't mind getting that one guy....if we can get him with what we have....but no way would I advocate giving up anything more than say another 3rd or 4th round pick to move up 2 slots.
the Browns HAVE to have those picks at #22 and at the top of the second round to get some talent at positions that they desperately need talent. Giving either of those commodities up to move up 2 slots in unacceptable to me. I mean, sure, we could have another Michael Vick...or another Akili Smith.
I mean, sure, we could have another Michael Vick...or another Akili Smith.
Akili Smith really? Smith was arrested for assault and drunken driving while in college and failed to pass SAT.
It took RG3 three years each to graduate high school and college and has no concerns of character.
Smith ran a pro style offense with the Ducks while RG3 ran the spread.
The only comparison they have is the color of their skin.
-
To me it seems silly that Todd McShay would even make a comment like this before the March 15th deadline arrives. Teams will move up or down the draft board based upon free agent signings and I seriously doubt any team would venture a trade offer prior to then. The Bucs, Skins and maybe even the Jags are potential trade candidates for the Rams/Vikings. I believe that both the Rams/Vikings are considering Blackmon as their selection, who will not be available after a trade.
Unless the Bucs, Skins or Jags have idiots employed in their personnel department (and I think the Skins do...i.e. the owner Snyder) those teams do not appear primed for a play-off run in 2012. That would mean a huge, huge cost to trade this years and next years 1st rounders to move up a few spots. Not to mention, that cost may likely include a 3rd/4th rounder from this year as well.
Everything really falls on Indy. If they keep Peyton Manning (which seems highly unlikely), selecting Andrew Luck will be a huge problem for them. Were I Luck, I would pull a John Elway on Irsay and company. RG3 can wait 1/2 years before taking over the reins in Indy, Luck is more likely to cause friction. Luck does not want an Aaron Rodgers type treatment. Indy can't select RG3 with the 1st overall pick, they would need to trade back to get him, as you can't select an inferior QB first. Hence Cleveland is the only team truly capable of interesting Indy.
I think Holmgren/Heckert may consider moving up 2 spots for RG3, but I don't see them offering more than the #4 pick and your second round pick this year. No other team can match that offer without spending future first rounders and I've already stated my opinion that the three other teams in possible contention for RG3 would be idiots to do so.
You could say Miami is a potential trade candidate for RG3, but that's a huge fall for the trade partner and Miami seems to have a bit better prospects for 2012 with RG3 than the other teams would with RG3.
Endymion said:
To me it seems silly that Todd McShay would even make a comment like this before the March 15th deadline arrives. Teams will move up or down the draft board based upon free agent signings and I seriously doubt any team would venture a trade offer prior to then. The Bucs, Skins and maybe even the Jags are potential trade candidates for the Rams/Vikings. I believe that both the Rams/Vikings are considering Blackmon as their selection, who will not be available after a trade.
Unless the Bucs, Skins or Jags have idiots employed in their personnel department (and I think the Skins do...i.e. the owner Snyder) those teams do not appear primed for a play-off run in 2012. That would mean a huge, huge cost to trade this years and next years 1st rounders to move up a few spots. Not to mention, that cost may likely include a 3rd/4th rounder from this year as well.
Everything really falls on Indy. If they keep Peyton Manning (which seems highly unlikely), selecting Andrew Luck will be a huge problem for them. Were I Luck, I would pull a John Elway on Irsay and company. RG3 can wait 1/2 years before taking over the reins in Indy, Luck is more likely to cause friction. Luck does not want an Aaron Rodgers type treatment. Indy can't select RG3 with the 1st overall pick, they would need to trade back to get him, as you can't select an inferior QB first. Hence Cleveland is the only team truly capable of interesting Indy.
I think Holmgren/Heckert may consider moving up 2 spots for RG3, but I don't see them offering more than the #4 pick and your second round pick this year. No other team can match that offer without spending future first rounders and I've already stated my opinion that the three other teams in possible contention for RG3 would be idiots to do so.
You could say Miami is a potential trade candidate for RG3, but that's a huge fall for the trade partner and Miami seems to have a bit better prospects for 2012 with RG3 than the other teams would with RG3.
Just out of curiosity why would you think the Bucs would move up?? I wouldn't think they would have interest in RGIII at all. Freeman had a spectacular second year ... and while he didn't live up to the hype from year 2 he still didn't play bad. I wouldn't think they have any interest in a QB right now. Especially not at the premium it would take to get RGIII
-
To me it seems silly that Todd McShay would even make a comment like this before the March 15th deadline arrives. Teams will move up or down the draft board based upon free agent signings and I seriously doubt any team would venture a trade offer prior to then. The Bucs, Skins and maybe even the Jags are potential trade candidates for the Rams/Vikings. I believe that both the Rams/Vikings are considering Blackmon as their selection, who will not be available after a trade.
Unless the Bucs, Skins or Jags have idiots employed in their personnel department (and I think the Skins do...i.e. the owner Snyder) those teams do not appear primed for a play-off run in 2012. That would mean a huge, huge cost to trade this years and next years 1st rounders to move up a few spots. Not to mention, that cost may likely include a 3rd/4th rounder from this year as well.
Everything really falls on Indy. If they keep Peyton Manning (which seems highly unlikely), selecting Andrew Luck will be a huge problem for them. Were I Luck, I would pull a John Elway on Irsay and company. RG3 can wait 1/2 years before taking over the reins in Indy, Luck is more likely to cause friction. Luck does not want an Aaron Rodgers type treatment. Indy can't select RG3 with the 1st overall pick, they would need to trade back to get him, as you can't select an inferior QB first. Hence Cleveland is the only team truly capable of interesting Indy.
I think Holmgren/Heckert may consider moving up 2 spots for RG3, but I don't see them offering more than the #4 pick and your second round pick this year. No other team can match that offer without spending future first rounders and I've already stated my opinion that the three other teams in possible contention for RG3 would be idiots to do so.
You could say Miami is a potential trade candidate for RG3, but that's a huge fall for the trade partner and Miami seems to have a bit better prospects for 2012 with RG3 than the other teams would with RG3.
Endymion said:
Everything really falls on Indy. If they keep Peyton Manning (which seems highly unlikely), selecting Andrew Luck will be a huge problem for them. Were I Luck, I would pull a John Elway on Irsay and company. RG3 can wait 1/2 years before taking over the reins in Indy, Luck is more likely to cause friction. Luck does not want an Aaron Rodgers type treatment. Indy can't select RG3 with the 1st overall pick, they would need to trade back to get him, as you can't select an inferior QB first. Hence Cleveland is the only team truly capable of interesting Indy.
Zero percent chance that Indy either trades this pick or does not select Luck. Its a waste of time for me to even type these 2 sentences to respond to this.
-
Old people and uncomfortable racism .... ah. The things you miss while away at college
-
RG3 is a deep ball power slinger and left handed, so unless the browns are willing to dedicate to building around rg3s biggest assets which would include a new vertical playbook, a strong right blindside and some blazing fast WRs it would be waste and with shurmur as the HC a likely disaster in the making..
I do not regard this stubborn ancient minded regime as being open to changing anything that might induce the club to modernize and or win so i would almost bet my right testicle this is not even remotely in the plans and is just another bad guess by a so called pro..
-
-

HE LOOKS SO LITTLE!

-

HE LOOKS SO LITTLE!

-

HE LOOKS SO LITTLE!

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
