Skip to content

Todd Mcshay Has Us...

The Browns Board
62 31 3.7k
  • To me it seems silly that Todd McShay would even make a comment like this before the March 15th deadline arrives. Teams will move up or down the draft board based upon free agent signings and I seriously doubt any team would venture a trade offer prior to then. The Bucs, Skins and maybe even the Jags are potential trade candidates for the Rams/Vikings. I believe that both the Rams/Vikings are considering Blackmon as their selection, who will not be available after a trade.

    Unless the Bucs, Skins or Jags have idiots employed in their personnel department (and I think the Skins do...i.e. the owner Snyder) those teams do not appear primed for a play-off run in 2012. That would mean a huge, huge cost to trade this years and next years 1st rounders to move up a few spots. Not to mention, that cost may likely include a 3rd/4th rounder from this year as well.

    Everything really falls on Indy. If they keep Peyton Manning (which seems highly unlikely), selecting Andrew Luck will be a huge problem for them. Were I Luck, I would pull a John Elway on Irsay and company. RG3 can wait 1/2 years before taking over the reins in Indy, Luck is more likely to cause friction. Luck does not want an Aaron Rodgers type treatment. Indy can't select RG3 with the 1st overall pick, they would need to trade back to get him, as you can't select an inferior QB first. Hence Cleveland is the only team truly capable of interesting Indy.

    I think Holmgren/Heckert may consider moving up 2 spots for RG3, but I don't see them offering more than the #4 pick and your second round pick this year. No other team can match that offer without spending future first rounders and I've already stated my opinion that the three other teams in possible contention for RG3 would be idiots to do so.

    You could say Miami is a potential trade candidate for RG3, but that's a huge fall for the trade partner and Miami seems to have a bit better prospects for 2012 with RG3 than the other teams would with RG3.

    Endymion said:

    To me it seems silly that Todd McShay would even make a comment like this before the March 15th deadline arrives. Teams will move up or down the draft board based upon free agent signings and I seriously doubt any team would venture a trade offer prior to then. The Bucs, Skins and maybe even the Jags are potential trade candidates for the Rams/Vikings. I believe that both the Rams/Vikings are considering Blackmon as their selection, who will not be available after a trade.

    Unless the Bucs, Skins or Jags have idiots employed in their personnel department (and I think the Skins do...i.e. the owner Snyder) those teams do not appear primed for a play-off run in 2012. That would mean a huge, huge cost to trade this years and next years 1st rounders to move up a few spots. Not to mention, that cost may likely include a 3rd/4th rounder from this year as well.

    Everything really falls on Indy. If they keep Peyton Manning (which seems highly unlikely), selecting Andrew Luck will be a huge problem for them. Were I Luck, I would pull a John Elway on Irsay and company. RG3 can wait 1/2 years before taking over the reins in Indy, Luck is more likely to cause friction. Luck does not want an Aaron Rodgers type treatment. Indy can't select RG3 with the 1st overall pick, they would need to trade back to get him, as you can't select an inferior QB first. Hence Cleveland is the only team truly capable of interesting Indy.

    I think Holmgren/Heckert may consider moving up 2 spots for RG3, but I don't see them offering more than the #4 pick and your second round pick this year. No other team can match that offer without spending future first rounders and I've already stated my opinion that the three other teams in possible contention for RG3 would be idiots to do so.

    You could say Miami is a potential trade candidate for RG3, but that's a huge fall for the trade partner and Miami seems to have a bit better prospects for 2012 with RG3 than the other teams would with RG3.

    Just out of curiosity why would you think the Bucs would move up?? I wouldn't think they would have interest in RGIII at all. Freeman had a spectacular second year ... and while he didn't live up to the hype from year 2 he still didn't play bad. I wouldn't think they have any interest in a QB right now. Especially not at the premium it would take to get RGIII

  • To me it seems silly that Todd McShay would even make a comment like this before the March 15th deadline arrives. Teams will move up or down the draft board based upon free agent signings and I seriously doubt any team would venture a trade offer prior to then. The Bucs, Skins and maybe even the Jags are potential trade candidates for the Rams/Vikings. I believe that both the Rams/Vikings are considering Blackmon as their selection, who will not be available after a trade.

    Unless the Bucs, Skins or Jags have idiots employed in their personnel department (and I think the Skins do...i.e. the owner Snyder) those teams do not appear primed for a play-off run in 2012. That would mean a huge, huge cost to trade this years and next years 1st rounders to move up a few spots. Not to mention, that cost may likely include a 3rd/4th rounder from this year as well.

    Everything really falls on Indy. If they keep Peyton Manning (which seems highly unlikely), selecting Andrew Luck will be a huge problem for them. Were I Luck, I would pull a John Elway on Irsay and company. RG3 can wait 1/2 years before taking over the reins in Indy, Luck is more likely to cause friction. Luck does not want an Aaron Rodgers type treatment. Indy can't select RG3 with the 1st overall pick, they would need to trade back to get him, as you can't select an inferior QB first. Hence Cleveland is the only team truly capable of interesting Indy.

    I think Holmgren/Heckert may consider moving up 2 spots for RG3, but I don't see them offering more than the #4 pick and your second round pick this year. No other team can match that offer without spending future first rounders and I've already stated my opinion that the three other teams in possible contention for RG3 would be idiots to do so.

    You could say Miami is a potential trade candidate for RG3, but that's a huge fall for the trade partner and Miami seems to have a bit better prospects for 2012 with RG3 than the other teams would with RG3.

    Endymion said:

    Everything really falls on Indy. If they keep Peyton Manning (which seems highly unlikely), selecting Andrew Luck will be a huge problem for them. Were I Luck, I would pull a John Elway on Irsay and company. RG3 can wait 1/2 years before taking over the reins in Indy, Luck is more likely to cause friction. Luck does not want an Aaron Rodgers type treatment. Indy can't select RG3 with the 1st overall pick, they would need to trade back to get him, as you can't select an inferior QB first. Hence Cleveland is the only team truly capable of interesting Indy.

    Zero percent chance that Indy either trades this pick or does not select Luck. Its a waste of time for me to even type these 2 sentences to respond to this.

  • Old people and uncomfortable racism .... ah. The things you miss while away at college

  • RG3 is a deep ball power slinger and left handed, so unless the browns are willing to dedicate to building around rg3s biggest assets which would include a new vertical playbook, a strong right blindside and some blazing fast WRs it would be waste and with shurmur as the HC a likely disaster in the making..

    I do not regard this stubborn ancient minded regime as being open to changing anything that might induce the club to modernize and or win so i would almost bet my right testicle this is not even remotely in the plans and is just another bad guess by a so called pro..

  • I'm pretty sure that RGIII is right handed..

  • Robert-Griffin-III.jpg
  • @mld-woody said:

    Robert-Griffin-III.jpg

    HE LOOKS SO LITTLE! 😮

  • @mld-woody said:

    Robert-Griffin-III.jpg

    HE LOOKS SO LITTLE! 😮

    @poeticg said:

    HE LOOKS SO LITTLE! 😮

    He's as tall as Joe Montana was, and can move better than Super Joe ever could.

  • I'm pretty sure that RGIII is right handed..

    @mark-o said:

    I'm pretty sure that RGIII is right handed..

    Damn, Ghoolie started that misinformed nonsense.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Robert-Griffin-III.jpg

    HE LOOKS SO LITTLE! 😮

    @poeticg said:

    HE LOOKS SO LITTLE! 😮

    That was probably his freshman year since he didn't have a kneebrace on.

    robert-griffin-p1.jpg

    He's at least 220 lbs in this pic and by the combine I expect him to measure @ 6'2.15, 224 lbs officially.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I mean, sure, we could have another Michael Vick...or another Akili Smith.

    Akili Smith really? Smith was arrested for assault and drunken driving while in college and failed to pass SAT.

    It took RG3 three years each to graduate high school and college and has no concerns of character.

    Smith ran a pro style offense with the Ducks while RG3 ran the spread.

    The only comparison they have is the color of their skin.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    It took RG3 three years each to graduate high school and college and has no concerns of character.

    hmmm....he put up 4 years of stats in only 3 years? he must be really damn good!

  • If we trade our 22nd pick to move up two slots for RGR3, then i'm warning everyone on this Board right now that he'd better be a star from Day 1 with whatever line and whatever WR's are on our roster. If he isn't winning (starting with Week 1), then my assault will make Lumberg's episode here look like a fairy tale.

    i haven't seen a love affair like this since we drafted Wali Rainer (and he was a 4th rounder). i'm getting psyched for this draft.

    @roach said:

    If we trade our 22nd pick to move up two slots for RGR3, then i'm warning everyone on this Board right now that he'd better be a star from Day 1 with whatever line and whatever WR's are on our roster. If he isn't winning (starting with Week 1), then my assault will make Lumberg's episode here look like a fairy tale.

    i haven't seen a love affair like this since we drafted Wali Rainer (and he was a 4th rounder). i'm getting psyched for this draft.

    I agree, but I am kind of to that point no matter who we draft.

    If at any point in the season we fall 2 games under .500, starting players need to be replaced. At any point during the season we drop 3 games under .500, or lose 3 in a row, the coach is fired.

    If you can't win one out of three, you can't coach my team. If you can't keep the team better than 3 games under .500, you have a failed plan that needs to be replaced.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I mean, sure, we could have another Michael Vick...or another Akili Smith.

    Akili Smith really? Smith was arrested for assault and drunken driving while in college and failed to pass SAT.

    It took RG3 three years each to graduate high school and college and has no concerns of character.

    Smith ran a pro style offense with the Ducks while RG3 ran the spread.

    The only comparison they have is the color of their skin.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Akili Smith really? Smith was arrested for assault and drunken driving while in college and failed to pass SAT.

    It took RG3 three years each to graduate high school and college and has no concerns of character.

    Smith ran a pro style offense with the Ducks while RG3 ran the spread.

    The only comparison they have is the color of their skin.

    OK, another Ryan Leaf, or Joey Harrington, or Cade McNown, or Brady Quinn.

    All I am saying is that I am more than willing to take this guy...but not at the expense of "wasting" 2 First round picks if he flops.

  • Old people and uncomfortable racism .... ah. The things you miss while away at college

    @mld-woody said:

    Old people and uncomfortable racism .... ah. The things you miss while away at college

    Bullshit. I will guaranfuckingdamntee that you are as many or more racist people your age than there are people my age, not that there is not a share of racists my age.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Old people and uncomfortable racism .... ah. The things you miss while away at college

    Bullshit. I will guaranfuckingdamntee that you are as many or more racist people your age than there are people my age, not that there is not a share of racists my age.

    @the-gipper said:

    Bullshit. I will guaranfuckingdamntee that you are as many or more racist people your age than there are people my age, not that there is not a share of racists my age.

    It's not really about age to be honest. On college campuses, you tend to run into a lot less bigotry and narrow-mindedness. To qualify myself, it's still there, and I'm sure it varies by campus, but one does tend to run into more ignorance when venturing outside of the ivory towers of academia.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Bullshit. I will guaranfuckingdamntee that you are as many or more racist people your age than there are people my age, not that there is not a share of racists my age.

    It's not really about age to be honest. On college campuses, you tend to run into a lot less bigotry and narrow-mindedness. To qualify myself, it's still there, and I'm sure it varies by campus, but one does tend to run into more ignorance when venturing outside of the ivory towers of academia.

    @next-year-perpetually said:

    It's not really about age to be honest. On college campuses, you tend to run into a lot less bigotry and narrow-mindedness. To qualify myself, it's still there, and I'm sure it varies by campus, but one does tend to run into more ignorance when venturing outside of the ivory towers of academia.

    Yea, well, trust me, if you go to Hilltuck South Carolina you are certainly going to see it more than on the campuses of the East or Midwest.

  • Well yeah the region matters.

    Age definitely matters too, maybe just not as much

    (I don't mean full blown racist, there are obviously different levels)

  • Everyone is racist. 😁 ...to some degree...

  • Well yeah the region matters.

    Age definitely matters too, maybe just not as much

    (I don't mean full blown racist, there are obviously different levels)

    @mld-woody said:

    Well yeah the region matters.

    Age definitely matters too, maybe just not as much

    (I don't mean full blown racist, there are obviously different levels)

    Age is NOT the issue, at all. It is cultural upbringing.

    I mean, look at this this way, my upbringing said it was wrong to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, sexual orientation etc.

    ....but that it was perfectly acceptable to discriminate against anyone that goes to Michigan.

    Ya follow?

  • @next-year-perpetually said:

    It's not really about age to be honest. On college campuses, you tend to run into a lot less bigotry and narrow-mindedness. To qualify myself, it's still there, and I'm sure it varies by campus, but one does tend to run into more ignorance when venturing outside of the ivory towers of academia.

    Yea, well, trust me, if you go to Hilltuck South Carolina you are certainly going to see it more than on the campuses of the East or Midwest.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, well, trust me, if you go to Hilltuck South Carolina you are certainly going to see it more than on the campuses of the East or Midwest.

    I live in South Carolina, and I've found that the Northern states are more racist than here.

    It makes sense, really. Here, everybody is poor, they can't even afford to be racist. You're more than likely to be surrounded by black or mexican people in your trailer park. You've got to learn to coexist.

    I hate ignorant people, I don't care what skin color you are. If you're an ignorant white asshole, you're getting thrown out. If you're an ignorant black asshole, you're getting thrown out. To me, if the "n" word HAD to be used, it much better describes ignorant shitheads that act like they're "hard", not as a term for black people.