Todd Mcshay Has Us...
-
Old people and uncomfortable racism .... ah. The things you miss while away at college
Bullshit. I will guaranfuckingdamntee that you are as many or more racist people your age than there are people my age, not that there is not a share of racists my age.
-
Old people and uncomfortable racism .... ah. The things you miss while away at college
Bullshit. I will guaranfuckingdamntee that you are as many or more racist people your age than there are people my age, not that there is not a share of racists my age.
Bullshit. I will guaranfuckingdamntee that you are as many or more racist people your age than there are people my age, not that there is not a share of racists my age.
It's not really about age to be honest. On college campuses, you tend to run into a lot less bigotry and narrow-mindedness. To qualify myself, it's still there, and I'm sure it varies by campus, but one does tend to run into more ignorance when venturing outside of the ivory towers of academia.
-
Bullshit. I will guaranfuckingdamntee that you are as many or more racist people your age than there are people my age, not that there is not a share of racists my age.
It's not really about age to be honest. On college campuses, you tend to run into a lot less bigotry and narrow-mindedness. To qualify myself, it's still there, and I'm sure it varies by campus, but one does tend to run into more ignorance when venturing outside of the ivory towers of academia.
It's not really about age to be honest. On college campuses, you tend to run into a lot less bigotry and narrow-mindedness. To qualify myself, it's still there, and I'm sure it varies by campus, but one does tend to run into more ignorance when venturing outside of the ivory towers of academia.
Yea, well, trust me, if you go to Hilltuck South Carolina you are certainly going to see it more than on the campuses of the East or Midwest.
-
Well yeah the region matters.
Age definitely matters too, maybe just not as much
(I don't mean full blown racist, there are obviously different levels)
-
Well yeah the region matters.
Age definitely matters too, maybe just not as much
(I don't mean full blown racist, there are obviously different levels)
Well yeah the region matters.
Age definitely matters too, maybe just not as much
(I don't mean full blown racist, there are obviously different levels)
Age is NOT the issue, at all. It is cultural upbringing.
I mean, look at this this way, my upbringing said it was wrong to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, sexual orientation etc.
....but that it was perfectly acceptable to discriminate against anyone that goes to Michigan.
Ya follow?
-
It's not really about age to be honest. On college campuses, you tend to run into a lot less bigotry and narrow-mindedness. To qualify myself, it's still there, and I'm sure it varies by campus, but one does tend to run into more ignorance when venturing outside of the ivory towers of academia.
Yea, well, trust me, if you go to Hilltuck South Carolina you are certainly going to see it more than on the campuses of the East or Midwest.
Yea, well, trust me, if you go to Hilltuck South Carolina you are certainly going to see it more than on the campuses of the East or Midwest.
I live in South Carolina, and I've found that the Northern states are more racist than here.
It makes sense, really. Here, everybody is poor, they can't even afford to be racist. You're more than likely to be surrounded by black or mexican people in your trailer park. You've got to learn to coexist.
I hate ignorant people, I don't care what skin color you are. If you're an ignorant white asshole, you're getting thrown out. If you're an ignorant black asshole, you're getting thrown out. To me, if the "n" word HAD to be used, it much better describes ignorant shitheads that act like they're "hard", not as a term for black people.
-
Yea, well, trust me, if you go to Hilltuck South Carolina you are certainly going to see it more than on the campuses of the East or Midwest.
I live in South Carolina, and I've found that the Northern states are more racist than here.
It makes sense, really. Here, everybody is poor, they can't even afford to be racist. You're more than likely to be surrounded by black or mexican people in your trailer park. You've got to learn to coexist.
I hate ignorant people, I don't care what skin color you are. If you're an ignorant white asshole, you're getting thrown out. If you're an ignorant black asshole, you're getting thrown out. To me, if the "n" word HAD to be used, it much better describes ignorant shitheads that act like they're "hard", not as a term for black people.
I live in South Carolina, and I've found that the Northern states are more racist than here.
I actually doubt that, though I guess it is arguable. My father in law lives in SC and from what I see, racism is still a bit more overt down there. If the south had been left to itself it would be even worse. It was the infusion of "white flighters"....white as in snow white...from the north that has helped change the attitudes down there a lot..
It makes sense, really. Here, everybody is poor, they can't even afford to be racist. You're more than likely to be surrounded by black or mexican people in your trailer park. You've got to learn to coexist.
I hate ignorant people, I don't care what skin color you are. If you're an ignorant white asshole, you're getting thrown out. If you're an ignorant black asshole, you're getting thrown out. To me, if the "n" word HAD to be used, it much better describes ignorant shitheads that act like they're "hard", not as a term for black people.
-
Yeah, they've (white flighters) done us a ton of good. Just ask florida. Sorry, couldn't hold my tongue on this anymore.
To be fair, both the kkk and the neo nazis/working man's party (whichever they call themselves these days) are hqed up yall's way (by choice).
Not denying there aren't assholes here, just stop believing hollywood's and the national news' depictions of us. There are as many interesting people here as assholes, if not more.
-
Yeah, they've (white flighters) done us a ton of good. Just ask florida. Sorry, couldn't hold my tongue on this anymore.
To be fair, both the kkk and the neo nazis/working man's party (whichever they call themselves these days) are hqed up yall's way (by choice).
Not denying there aren't assholes here, just stop believing hollywood's and the national news' depictions of us. There are as many interesting people here as assholes, if not more.
Yeah, they've (white flighters) done us a ton of good. Just ask florida. Sorry, couldn't hold my tongue on this anymore.
To be fair, both the kkk and the neo nazis/working man's party (whichever they call themselves these days) are hqed up yall's way (by choice).
Not denying there aren't assholes here, just stop believing hollywood's and the national news' depictions of us. There are as many interesting people here as assholes, if not more.
Well, to a certain extent, in my experience, the most "interesting people" ARE the Assholes...or, at least, the traits are not mutually exclusive.
I mean, are you trying to tell me that this is a stereotype?:
-
Morgan freeman, elvis, or william faulkner aren't assholes.
-
Old people and uncomfortable racism .... ah. The things you miss while away at college
I guess your course of study thus far hasn't taught you much about NOT being judgmental.
-
I actually doubt that, though I guess it is arguable. My father in law lives in SC and from what I see, racism is still a bit more overt down there. If the south had been left to itself it would be even worse. It was the infusion of "white flighters"....white as in snow white...from the north that has helped change the attitudes down there a lot..
My family are all "snow birds", "white flighters", what have you. They left Youngstown and the cold winters of the North to move to the beach and better climates. Honestly, they're more racist than most of the people I know that have grown up here. Granted, I live in Myrtle Beach and split my time between here and Charleston, so my basis of opinion could be a little flawed. A tourist/service industry town and a city that is widely considered as the most polite city in America are not the best samples when doing a study on racism. The further inland you go, I'm sure it gets to be a different story.
I've just always found that people in DC, Baltimore, NYC, etc. seem to be more overt in their disdain for opposing races whereas in the south the racism is masked by a facade of "southern charm".
-
I actually doubt that, though I guess it is arguable. My father in law lives in SC and from what I see, racism is still a bit more overt down there. If the south had been left to itself it would be even worse. It was the infusion of "white flighters"....white as in snow white...from the north that has helped change the attitudes down there a lot..
My family are all "snow birds", "white flighters", what have you. They left Youngstown and the cold winters of the North to move to the beach and better climates. Honestly, they're more racist than most of the people I know that have grown up here. Granted, I live in Myrtle Beach and split my time between here and Charleston, so my basis of opinion could be a little flawed. A tourist/service industry town and a city that is widely considered as the most polite city in America are not the best samples when doing a study on racism. The further inland you go, I'm sure it gets to be a different story.
I've just always found that people in DC, Baltimore, NYC, etc. seem to be more overt in their disdain for opposing races whereas in the south the racism is masked by a facade of "southern charm".
My family are all "snow birds", "white flighters", what have you. They left Youngstown and the cold winters of the North to move to the beach and better climates. Honestly, they're more racist than most of the people I know that have grown up here. Granted, I live in Myrtle Beach and split my time between here and Charleston, so my basis of opinion could be a little flawed. A tourist/service industry town and a city that is widely considered as the most polite city in America are not the best samples when doing a study on racism. The further inland you go, I'm sure it gets to be a different story.
I've just always found that people in DC, Baltimore, NYC, etc. seem to be more overt in their disdain for opposing races whereas in the south the racism is masked by a facade of "southern charm".
How many racial lynchings have taken place in the north in the last 50 years? None that I have ever heard of. How many in the south? Quite a few. I would call that more overt.
-
My family are all "snow birds", "white flighters", what have you. They left Youngstown and the cold winters of the North to move to the beach and better climates. Honestly, they're more racist than most of the people I know that have grown up here. Granted, I live in Myrtle Beach and split my time between here and Charleston, so my basis of opinion could be a little flawed. A tourist/service industry town and a city that is widely considered as the most polite city in America are not the best samples when doing a study on racism. The further inland you go, I'm sure it gets to be a different story.
I've just always found that people in DC, Baltimore, NYC, etc. seem to be more overt in their disdain for opposing races whereas in the south the racism is masked by a facade of "southern charm".
How many racial lynchings have taken place in the north in the last 50 years? None that I have ever heard of. How many in the south? Quite a few. I would call that more overt.
How many racial lynchings have taken place in the north in the last 50 years? None that I have ever heard of. How many in the south? Quite a few. I would call that more overt.
You guys mega hijacked the topic lol
But back to moving up to the two pick if you been listening to 850 today or watched NFL live on ESPN they DO i report DOOOOOOOOO have the Browns entering a bidding war with the Redskins at 6 and we know if the redskins want something they will go for broke on a deal..... So i had us at the 4 and 22 for RG3 at 2, Now i think its gonna cost us more in an overall deal
You just MIGHT see the Browns offer the 4 the 22 AND the 36 and if Heckert can keep the deal calm we'll take 2nd pick and a later pick in the 3rd round from the Rams
2. Browns Select QB RG3 with the 2nd Pick Baylor Via trade with Rams
64. Browns Select RB LaMicheal James Oregan
66. Browns Select WR Stephen Hill Georgia Tech. Via Trade with Rams
Rams then have the 4, 22, 34, 36 picks in the 2012 draft
-
I actually doubt that, though I guess it is arguable. My father in law lives in SC and from what I see, racism is still a bit more overt down there. If the south had been left to itself it would be even worse. It was the infusion of "white flighters"....white as in snow white...from the north that has helped change the attitudes down there a lot..
My family are all "snow birds", "white flighters", what have you. They left Youngstown and the cold winters of the North to move to the beach and better climates. Honestly, they're more racist than most of the people I know that have grown up here. Granted, I live in Myrtle Beach and split my time between here and Charleston, so my basis of opinion could be a little flawed. A tourist/service industry town and a city that is widely considered as the most polite city in America are not the best samples when doing a study on racism. The further inland you go, I'm sure it gets to be a different story.
I've just always found that people in DC, Baltimore, NYC, etc. seem to be more overt in their disdain for opposing races whereas in the south the racism is masked by a facade of "southern charm".
My family are all "snow birds", "white flighters", what have you. They left Youngstown and the cold winters of the North to move to the beach and better climates. Honestly, they're more racist than most of the people I know that have grown up here. Granted, I live in Myrtle Beach and split my time between here and Charleston, so my basis of opinion could be a little flawed. A tourist/service industry town and a city that is widely considered as the most polite city in America are not the best samples when doing a study on racism. The further inland you go, I'm sure it gets to be a different story.
I've just always found that people in DC, Baltimore, NYC, etc. seem to be more overt in their disdain for opposing races whereas in the south the racism is masked by a facade of "southern charm".
Myrtle Beach and Charleston.......I envy you.
-
I drove from Ann Arbor to Virginia Tech for a billiards tourney, just going that far south I felt like I was in another country (ok not really). But the amount of billboards that started popping up about religion and how I'm going to hell was crazy. These all started in southern Ohio and really got going in West Virginia.
But then again, that could just be West Virginia...
(Side Story. Going into a West Virginia gas station/McDonalds with the team. We have two international asian guys and the people in the McDonalds just stared at them like they've never seen an asian person before hahaha. Every stereotype you may have about WV could have been confirmed in that 15 minute stop.)
-
I drove from Ann Arbor to Virginia Tech for a billiards tourney, just going that far south I felt like I was in another country (ok not really). But the amount of billboards that started popping up about religion and how I'm going to hell was crazy. These all started in southern Ohio and really got going in West Virginia.
But then again, that could just be West Virginia...
(Side Story. Going into a West Virginia gas station/McDonalds with the team. We have two international asian guys and the people in the McDonalds just stared at them like they've never seen an asian person before hahaha. Every stereotype you may have about WV could have been confirmed in that 15 minute stop.)
I drove from Ann Arbor to Virginia Tech for a billiards tourney, just going that far south I felt like I was in another country (ok not really). But the amount of billboards that started popping up about religion and how I'm going to hell was crazy. These all started in southern Ohio and really got going in West Virginia.
But then again, that could just be West Virginia...
(Side Story. Going into a West Virginia gas station/McDonalds with the team. We have two international asian guys and the people in the McDonalds just stared at them like they've never seen an asian person before hahaha. Every stereotype you may have about WV could have been confirmed in that 15 minute stop.)
That's the bible belt for you. I live 30 minutes away from Va Tech. Within 2 blocks of my house... there are 3 separate churches. It's just how it is down here.
-
My family are all "snow birds", "white flighters", what have you. They left Youngstown and the cold winters of the North to move to the beach and better climates. Honestly, they're more racist than most of the people I know that have grown up here. Granted, I live in Myrtle Beach and split my time between here and Charleston, so my basis of opinion could be a little flawed. A tourist/service industry town and a city that is widely considered as the most polite city in America are not the best samples when doing a study on racism. The further inland you go, I'm sure it gets to be a different story.
I've just always found that people in DC, Baltimore, NYC, etc. seem to be more overt in their disdain for opposing races whereas in the south the racism is masked by a facade of "southern charm".
How many racial lynchings have taken place in the north in the last 50 years? None that I have ever heard of. How many in the south? Quite a few. I would call that more overt.
How many racial lynchings have taken place in the north in the last 50 years? None that I have ever heard of. How many in the south? Quite a few. I would call that more overt.
There's no doubt the south has historically been more racist, but I'm talking about today. Lynchings are not what people would thin, the term lynching isn't applied to the classic "lynchings" of old. Nowadays lynching is more often than not applied to more than one member of a group threatening or assaulting a person.
As a matter of fact, in high school two members of my football team got arrested for lynching on seperate occasions. Both were black.
-
How many racial lynchings have taken place in the north in the last 50 years? None that I have ever heard of. How many in the south? Quite a few. I would call that more overt.
You guys mega hijacked the topic lol
But back to moving up to the two pick if you been listening to 850 today or watched NFL live on ESPN they DO i report DOOOOOOOOO have the Browns entering a bidding war with the Redskins at 6 and we know if the redskins want something they will go for broke on a deal..... So i had us at the 4 and 22 for RG3 at 2, Now i think its gonna cost us more in an overall deal
You just MIGHT see the Browns offer the 4 the 22 AND the 36 and if Heckert can keep the deal calm we'll take 2nd pick and a later pick in the 3rd round from the Rams
2. Browns Select QB RG3 with the 2nd Pick Baylor Via trade with Rams
64. Browns Select RB LaMicheal James Oregan
66. Browns Select WR Stephen Hill Georgia Tech. Via Trade with Rams
Rams then have the 4, 22, 34, 36 picks in the 2012 draft
You guys mega hijacked the topic lol
But back to moving up to the two pick if you been listening to 850 today or watched NFL live on ESPN they DO i report DOOOOOOOOO have the Browns entering a bidding war with the Redskins at 6 and we know if the redskins want something they will go for broke on a deal..... So i had us at the 4 and 22 for RG3 at 2, Now i think its gonna cost us more in an overall deal
You just MIGHT see the Browns offer the 4 the 22 AND the 36 and if Heckert can keep the deal calm we'll take 2nd pick and a later pick in the 3rd round from the Rams
2. Browns Select QB RG3 with the 2nd Pick Baylor Via trade with Rams
64. Browns Select RB LaMicheal James Oregan
66. Browns Select WR Stephen Hill Georgia Tech. Via Trade with Rams
Rams then have the 4, 22, 34, 36 picks in the 2012 draft
Yes I could see Snyder offering his first, second and next year's first rounder to try and get RGIII. But for the Browns to forfeit a first and second rounder to move up two slots? Lord, I hope not- or RGIII had better be the next Warren Moon.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
...to some degree...