Mike Wallace?
-
With out a doubt yes. Adds an obvious deep threat instantly and a proven, yet young, player is always better than risking a potential pick IMO.
-
The Steelers would never trade a weapon like Wallace to a divisional foe who they see at least twice a year. Id love to have him but the only way we'd be able to get him is in free agency.
The Steelers would never trade a weapon like Wallace to a divisional foe who they see at least twice a year. Id love to have him but the only way we'd be able to get him is in free agency.
Depends on which franchise tag they put on him
There's two types of franchise tags.
Exclusive: Player cannot negotiate with other teams and his salary is the greater of 1) 120% of previous year's salary or 2) average salary of the top 5 players playing the same position from the current year.
Non-exclusive: Salary terms are the same except it's the average of the top 5 players from the previous year. Player can negotiate with other teams but current team reserves the right to match the offer.
Im pretty sure he falls into the second category
-
The Steelers would never trade a weapon like Wallace to a divisional foe who they see at least twice a year. Id love to have him but the only way we'd be able to get him is in free agency.
Depends on which franchise tag they put on him
There's two types of franchise tags.
Exclusive: Player cannot negotiate with other teams and his salary is the greater of 1) 120% of previous year's salary or 2) average salary of the top 5 players playing the same position from the current year.
Non-exclusive: Salary terms are the same except it's the average of the top 5 players from the previous year. Player can negotiate with other teams but current team reserves the right to match the offer.
Im pretty sure he falls into the second category
Depends on which franchise tag they put on him
There's two types of franchise tags.
Exclusive: Player cannot negotiate with other teams and his salary is the greater of 1) 120% of previous year's salary or 2) average salary of the top 5 players playing the same position from the current year.
Non-exclusive: Salary terms are the same except it's the average of the top 5 players from the previous year. Player can negotiate with other teams but current team reserves the right to match the offer.
Im pretty sure he falls into the second category
I figure they would give him the exclusive tag. There's no point in risking him leaving. Now if they did go the non-exclusive route I have a hard time seeing them not matching any offer a divisional foe makes. I know the Steelers salary cap is pretty tight but Wallace is/has to be their top priority this offseason. Don't get me wrong I'd love for the Browns to have him but I don't thing we have a realistic shot at him.
-
Mario Manningham seems like a more realistic option.
-
Depends on which franchise tag they put on him
There's two types of franchise tags.
Exclusive: Player cannot negotiate with other teams and his salary is the greater of 1) 120% of previous year's salary or 2) average salary of the top 5 players playing the same position from the current year.
Non-exclusive: Salary terms are the same except it's the average of the top 5 players from the previous year. Player can negotiate with other teams but current team reserves the right to match the offer.
Im pretty sure he falls into the second category
I figure they would give him the exclusive tag. There's no point in risking him leaving. Now if they did go the non-exclusive route I have a hard time seeing them not matching any offer a divisional foe makes. I know the Steelers salary cap is pretty tight but Wallace is/has to be their top priority this offseason. Don't get me wrong I'd love for the Browns to have him but I don't thing we have a realistic shot at him.
I figure they would give him the exclusive tag. There's no point in risking him leaving. Now if they did go the non-exclusive route I have a hard time seeing them not matching any offer a divisional foe makes. I know the Steelers salary cap is pretty tight but Wallace is/has to be their top priority this offseason. Don't get me wrong I'd love for the Browns to have him but I don't thing we have a realistic shot at him.
The Steelers are already going to have to dump salary, and the franchise tag for a WR is $9 million- they may not be able to afford him. Stay tuned. As to the Steelers making a trade with the Browns- no way in hell.
-
Beyond paying a ridiculous 9 mill a year for a speed receiver, if the Browns aren't for sure if they can get RGIII, why would they even consider a move like this?
So Colt can throw 40 yard flutter balls to him?
-
bingo hoorta.
currently, the steelers need to trim about 10mil to get under the cap, another 5 mil to sign their rookies. they've already trimmed about 15mil by cuts/restructures, and will likely have a few more restructures to go thru, ben, big snack, farrior....
so, just to franchise wallace, they'd have to trim another 25 mil. possible, but its not gonna be easy.
i'd take wallace or brown.
-
There is no need for a franchise or transition tag on Mike Wallace as he is a restricted free agent. It is likely that Wallace will be offered the highest type of 1 year tender by the Steelers to protect him, thereby securing a first round draft choice should they allow another team to sign him. The rules say the team must forfiet "their" first round draft pick, which I believe means your #4 pick as your #22 pick is Atlanta's.
Basically, the Browns have so much cap room they can offer a ridiculous amount to obtain Wallace. Wallace is better (or should I say a known commodity as opposed to) Blackmon. Really it would be a win-win situation for the Browns to pursue Wallace. You either financially handicap your hated divisional foe or you land a great reciever. Hopefully, your front office takes it's current tact and stays out of free/restricted free agent markets.
-
There is no need for a franchise or transition tag on Mike Wallace as he is a restricted free agent. It is likely that Wallace will be offered the highest type of 1 year tender by the Steelers to protect him, thereby securing a first round draft choice should they allow another team to sign him. The rules say the team must forfiet "their" first round draft pick, which I believe means your #4 pick as your #22 pick is Atlanta's.
Basically, the Browns have so much cap room they can offer a ridiculous amount to obtain Wallace. Wallace is better (or should I say a known commodity as opposed to) Blackmon. Really it would be a win-win situation for the Browns to pursue Wallace. You either financially handicap your hated divisional foe or you land a great reciever. Hopefully, your front office takes it's current tact and stays out of free/restricted free agent markets.
Endymion said:
There is no need for a franchise or transition tag on Mike Wallace as he is a restricted free agent. It is likely that Wallace will be offered the highest type of 1 year tender by the Steelers to protect him, thereby securing a first round draft choice should they allow another team to sign him. The rules say the team must forfiet "their" first round draft pick, which I believe means your #4 pick as your #22 pick is Atlanta's.Yup... so the question becomes...
Is Wallace worth the #4 overall pick?
-
Endymion said:
There is no need for a franchise or transition tag on Mike Wallace as he is a restricted free agent. It is likely that Wallace will be offered the highest type of 1 year tender by the Steelers to protect him, thereby securing a first round draft choice should they allow another team to sign him. The rules say the team must forfiet "their" first round draft pick, which I believe means your #4 pick as your #22 pick is Atlanta's.Yup... so the question becomes...
Is Wallace worth the #4 overall pick?
-
-
I dunno, Mike Wallace is 93 years old and his best days on 60 minutes are behind him. I don't know if he would help the Browns all that much.
-
No, I didn't say Blackmon isn't worth the #4 pick. I said I wouldn't take Blackmon at four for the simple fact that he and Greg Little are two similar type players. I would not like ANY player from Pittsburgh. When Stienbach came here from a division rival I was skeptical on him as well but he was relatively young and I don't carry the same amount of hatred for Cincy that I do with Pittsburgh. Kendall Wright is better IMO than Wallace because he is young and has similar traits... and doesn't come with "THE TAINT".

-
No, I didn't say Blackmon isn't worth the #4 pick. I said I wouldn't take Blackmon at four for the simple fact that he and Greg Little are two similar type players. I would not like ANY player from Pittsburgh. When Stienbach came here from a division rival I was skeptical on him as well but he was relatively young and I don't carry the same amount of hatred for Cincy that I do with Pittsburgh. Kendall Wright is better IMO than Wallace because he is young and has similar traits... and doesn't come with "THE TAINT".

No, I didn't say Blackmon isn't worth the #4 pick. I said I wouldn't take Blackmon at four for the simple fact that he and Greg Little are two similar type players. I would not like ANY player from Pittsburgh. When Stienbach came here from a division rival I was skeptical on him as well but he was relatively young and I don't carry the same amount of hatred for Cincy that I do with Pittsburgh. Kendall Wright is better IMO than Wallace because he is young and has similar traits... and doesn't come with "THE TAINT".

sorry man...youre completely out to lunch.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
pardon me while i laugh this off....
