Mike Wallace?
-
Endymion said:
There is no need for a franchise or transition tag on Mike Wallace as he is a restricted free agent. It is likely that Wallace will be offered the highest type of 1 year tender by the Steelers to protect him, thereby securing a first round draft choice should they allow another team to sign him. The rules say the team must forfiet "their" first round draft pick, which I believe means your #4 pick as your #22 pick is Atlanta's.Yup... so the question becomes...
Is Wallace worth the #4 overall pick?
-
-
I dunno, Mike Wallace is 93 years old and his best days on 60 minutes are behind him. I don't know if he would help the Browns all that much.
-
No, I didn't say Blackmon isn't worth the #4 pick. I said I wouldn't take Blackmon at four for the simple fact that he and Greg Little are two similar type players. I would not like ANY player from Pittsburgh. When Stienbach came here from a division rival I was skeptical on him as well but he was relatively young and I don't carry the same amount of hatred for Cincy that I do with Pittsburgh. Kendall Wright is better IMO than Wallace because he is young and has similar traits... and doesn't come with "THE TAINT".

-
No, I didn't say Blackmon isn't worth the #4 pick. I said I wouldn't take Blackmon at four for the simple fact that he and Greg Little are two similar type players. I would not like ANY player from Pittsburgh. When Stienbach came here from a division rival I was skeptical on him as well but he was relatively young and I don't carry the same amount of hatred for Cincy that I do with Pittsburgh. Kendall Wright is better IMO than Wallace because he is young and has similar traits... and doesn't come with "THE TAINT".

No, I didn't say Blackmon isn't worth the #4 pick. I said I wouldn't take Blackmon at four for the simple fact that he and Greg Little are two similar type players. I would not like ANY player from Pittsburgh. When Stienbach came here from a division rival I was skeptical on him as well but he was relatively young and I don't carry the same amount of hatred for Cincy that I do with Pittsburgh. Kendall Wright is better IMO than Wallace because he is young and has similar traits... and doesn't come with "THE TAINT".

sorry man...youre completely out to lunch.
-
If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.
-
I'm starting to worry about you... is that "TAINTED" Pittsburgh air getting to your head?

what gets to my head is being able to watch a real football team every week (which no, isn't the browns).
...but i think you're drinking from the lake a bit too much. to say that a rookie that hasn't even been drafted yet is as good as a 3 year vet in wallace is laughable at best, terribly delusional at worst. your hate for pittsburgh doesn't allow you to see the big picture. why does the former team of a player matter? because he kicked our ass every time we played? sounds like you need thicker skin.
-
There is always this. Assuming the Steelers don't sign Wallace to a long term contract before March 15th, and they offer him the maximum restricted free agent tender to perserve their interest in him. Wallace does not have to sign the contract immediately or at all. There is some date in June where it goes into effect if no other offers are made. During that time period, the Steelers will likely try to get him to sign, but his agent will probably try hold him back while working the phones.
So if you had to give up your #4 draft pick (as the rules posted on wiki imply) and not the Atlanta pick (as you would rather do), you could pursue him once the draft is over by giving up your 2013 draft pick (provided you don't trade it away during this year's draft). That draft choice will probably fall between 4 and 22, unless you make the playoffs in 2012.
-
There is always this. Assuming the Steelers don't sign Wallace to a long term contract before March 15th, and they offer him the maximum restricted free agent tender to perserve their interest in him. Wallace does not have to sign the contract immediately or at all. There is some date in June where it goes into effect if no other offers are made. During that time period, the Steelers will likely try to get him to sign, but his agent will probably try hold him back while working the phones.
So if you had to give up your #4 draft pick (as the rules posted on wiki imply) and not the Atlanta pick (as you would rather do), you could pursue him once the draft is over by giving up your 2013 draft pick (provided you don't trade it away during this year's draft). That draft choice will probably fall between 4 and 22, unless you make the playoffs in 2012.
Endymion said:
There is always this. Assuming the Steelers don't sign Wallace to a long term contract before March 15th, and they offer him the maximum restricted free agent tender to perserve their interest in him. Wallace does not have to sign the contract immediately or at all. There is some date in June where it goes into effect if no other offers are made. During that time period, the Steelers will likely try to get him to sign, but his agent will probably try hold him back while working the phones.
So if you had to give up your #4 draft pick (as the rules posted on wiki imply) and not the Atlanta pick (as you would rather do), you could pursue him once the draft is over by giving up your 2013 draft pick (provided you don't trade it away during this year's draft). That draft choice will probably fall between 4 and 22, unless you make the playoffs in 2012.
Is this postive feedback from a Steeler fan, damn whats the world coming to....Great input
-
Beyond paying a ridiculous 9 mill a year for a speed receiver, if the Browns aren't for sure if they can get RGIII, why would they even consider a move like this?
So Colt can throw 40 yard flutter balls to him?
Beyond paying a ridiculous 9 mill a year for a speed receiver, if the Browns aren't for sure if they can get RGIII, why would they even consider a move like this?
So Colt can throw 40 yard flutter balls to him?
Flutter balls at his feet!
With Colt at QB why draft or even have a receiver on the team. He will throw it over their heads or at their feet. He has zero accuracy and should be removed from our team...dude sucks....
-
According to Sirius XM NFL Radio, under the new CBA, the Browns would have the give up ONLY the 4th overall pick for any player tendered with a 1st rounder. The 22nd pick is invalid in these circumstances.
-
If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.
If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.
I agree with the second half of your post, but I really don't understand how people can say Blackmon isn't worth a #4. I take Blackmon over RG3 in a second. RG3 has the athletic ability but I just don't see him as the next Cam Newton like many think. If he isn't than he isn't worth the #4 pick. Blackmon will be the next T.O. type and a HOF if he can stay healthy over his career. He is a about as close as you can get to a lock!
But I would still like to see Cleveland trade down up to 5 spots, and get this years 1st and 2nd round and next years 2st round from Washington in the opportunity presents itself. That way we get 4 quality starters this year if we pick right.
-
If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.
I agree with the second half of your post, but I really don't understand how people can say Blackmon isn't worth a #4. I take Blackmon over RG3 in a second. RG3 has the athletic ability but I just don't see him as the next Cam Newton like many think. If he isn't than he isn't worth the #4 pick. Blackmon will be the next T.O. type and a HOF if he can stay healthy over his career. He is a about as close as you can get to a lock!
But I would still like to see Cleveland trade down up to 5 spots, and get this years 1st and 2nd round and next years 2st round from Washington in the opportunity presents itself. That way we get 4 quality starters this year if we pick right.
I agree with the second half of your post, but I really don't understand how people can say Blackmon isn't worth a #4. I take Blackmon over RG3 in a second. RG3 has the athletic ability but I just don't see him as the next Cam Newton like many think. If he isn't than he isn't worth the #4 pick. Blackmon will be the next T.O. type and a HOF if he can stay healthy over his career. He is a about as close as you can get to a lock!
But I would still like to see Cleveland trade down up to 5 spots, and get this years 1st and 2nd round and next years 2st round from Washington in the opportunity presents itself. That way we get 4 quality starters this year if we pick right.
From what I can tell, Blackmon is an extremely solid receiver, but he doesn't seem to be elite in any one way (speed, size, etc.). I think he is a very safe bet to be a good receiver, but I think that HOF projections are beyond premature.
-
If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.
I agree with the second half of your post, but I really don't understand how people can say Blackmon isn't worth a #4. I take Blackmon over RG3 in a second. RG3 has the athletic ability but I just don't see him as the next Cam Newton like many think. If he isn't than he isn't worth the #4 pick. Blackmon will be the next T.O. type and a HOF if he can stay healthy over his career. He is a about as close as you can get to a lock!
But I would still like to see Cleveland trade down up to 5 spots, and get this years 1st and 2nd round and next years 2st round from Washington in the opportunity presents itself. That way we get 4 quality starters this year if we pick right.
I agree with the second half of your post, but I really don't understand how people can say Blackmon isn't worth a #4. I take Blackmon over RG3 in a second. RG3 has the athletic ability but I just don't see him as the next Cam Newton like many think. If he isn't than he isn't worth the #4 pick. Blackmon will be the next T.O. type and a HOF if he can stay healthy over his career. He is a about as close as you can get to a lock!
But I would still like to see Cleveland trade down up to 5 spots, and get this years 1st and 2nd round and next years 2st round from Washington in the opportunity presents itself. That way we get 4 quality starters this year if we pick right.
How the hell can you put a rookie in the HOF? He hasn't even hit the combine and plenty have flaked out in the pros that excelled in college. If you ask me a WR had to be ridiculously elite to be drafted inside the top 5.
-
Endymion said:
There is always this. Assuming the Steelers don't sign Wallace to a long term contract before March 15th, and they offer him the maximum restricted free agent tender to perserve their interest in him. Wallace does not have to sign the contract immediately or at all. There is some date in June where it goes into effect if no other offers are made. During that time period, the Steelers will likely try to get him to sign, but his agent will probably try hold him back while working the phones.
So if you had to give up your #4 draft pick (as the rules posted on wiki imply) and not the Atlanta pick (as you would rather do), you could pursue him once the draft is over by giving up your 2013 draft pick (provided you don't trade it away during this year's draft). That draft choice will probably fall between 4 and 22, unless you make the playoffs in 2012.
Is this postive feedback from a Steeler fan, damn whats the world coming to....Great input
Is this postive feedback from a Steeler fan, damn whats the world coming to....Great input
Great input, yes. But, I am still confused about the concept that the Browns would have to give up either of their two first round picks if they took Wallace as a FA.
Perhaps that is the difference between a "restricted" and an unrestricted FA.
-
I agree with the second half of your post, but I really don't understand how people can say Blackmon isn't worth a #4. I take Blackmon over RG3 in a second. RG3 has the athletic ability but I just don't see him as the next Cam Newton like many think. If he isn't than he isn't worth the #4 pick. Blackmon will be the next T.O. type and a HOF if he can stay healthy over his career. He is a about as close as you can get to a lock!
But I would still like to see Cleveland trade down up to 5 spots, and get this years 1st and 2nd round and next years 2st round from Washington in the opportunity presents itself. That way we get 4 quality starters this year if we pick right.
How the hell can you put a rookie in the HOF? He hasn't even hit the combine and plenty have flaked out in the pros that excelled in college. If you ask me a WR had to be ridiculously elite to be drafted inside the top 5.
Homotron said:
How the hell can you put a rookie in the HOF? He hasn't even hit the combine and plenty have flaked out in the pros that excelled in college. If you ask me a WR had to be ridiculously elite to be drafted inside the top 5.
And, of course, two words of caution: Braylon Edwards. #3 overall.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login
pardon me while i laugh this off....