Skip to content

Mike Wallace?

The Browns Board
138 34 6.1k
  • If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.

    @next-year-perpetually said:

    If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.

    I agree with the second half of your post, but I really don't understand how people can say Blackmon isn't worth a #4. I take Blackmon over RG3 in a second. RG3 has the athletic ability but I just don't see him as the next Cam Newton like many think. If he isn't than he isn't worth the #4 pick. Blackmon will be the next T.O. type and a HOF if he can stay healthy over his career. He is a about as close as you can get to a lock!

    But I would still like to see Cleveland trade down up to 5 spots, and get this years 1st and 2nd round and next years 2st round from Washington in the opportunity presents itself. That way we get 4 quality starters this year if we pick right.

  • @next-year-perpetually said:

    If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.

    I agree with the second half of your post, but I really don't understand how people can say Blackmon isn't worth a #4. I take Blackmon over RG3 in a second. RG3 has the athletic ability but I just don't see him as the next Cam Newton like many think. If he isn't than he isn't worth the #4 pick. Blackmon will be the next T.O. type and a HOF if he can stay healthy over his career. He is a about as close as you can get to a lock!

    But I would still like to see Cleveland trade down up to 5 spots, and get this years 1st and 2nd round and next years 2st round from Washington in the opportunity presents itself. That way we get 4 quality starters this year if we pick right.

    @browns57 said:

    I agree with the second half of your post, but I really don't understand how people can say Blackmon isn't worth a #4. I take Blackmon over RG3 in a second. RG3 has the athletic ability but I just don't see him as the next Cam Newton like many think. If he isn't than he isn't worth the #4 pick. Blackmon will be the next T.O. type and a HOF if he can stay healthy over his career. He is a about as close as you can get to a lock!

    But I would still like to see Cleveland trade down up to 5 spots, and get this years 1st and 2nd round and next years 2st round from Washington in the opportunity presents itself. That way we get 4 quality starters this year if we pick right.

    From what I can tell, Blackmon is an extremely solid receiver, but he doesn't seem to be elite in any one way (speed, size, etc.). I think he is a very safe bet to be a good receiver, but I think that HOF projections are beyond premature.

  • @next-year-perpetually said:

    If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.

    I agree with the second half of your post, but I really don't understand how people can say Blackmon isn't worth a #4. I take Blackmon over RG3 in a second. RG3 has the athletic ability but I just don't see him as the next Cam Newton like many think. If he isn't than he isn't worth the #4 pick. Blackmon will be the next T.O. type and a HOF if he can stay healthy over his career. He is a about as close as you can get to a lock!

    But I would still like to see Cleveland trade down up to 5 spots, and get this years 1st and 2nd round and next years 2st round from Washington in the opportunity presents itself. That way we get 4 quality starters this year if we pick right.

    @browns57 said:

    I agree with the second half of your post, but I really don't understand how people can say Blackmon isn't worth a #4. I take Blackmon over RG3 in a second. RG3 has the athletic ability but I just don't see him as the next Cam Newton like many think. If he isn't than he isn't worth the #4 pick. Blackmon will be the next T.O. type and a HOF if he can stay healthy over his career. He is a about as close as you can get to a lock!

    But I would still like to see Cleveland trade down up to 5 spots, and get this years 1st and 2nd round and next years 2st round from Washington in the opportunity presents itself. That way we get 4 quality starters this year if we pick right.

    How the hell can you put a rookie in the HOF? He hasn't even hit the combine and plenty have flaked out in the pros that excelled in college. If you ask me a WR had to be ridiculously elite to be drafted inside the top 5.

  • Endymion said:

    There is always this. Assuming the Steelers don't sign Wallace to a long term contract before March 15th, and they offer him the maximum restricted free agent tender to perserve their interest in him. Wallace does not have to sign the contract immediately or at all. There is some date in June where it goes into effect if no other offers are made. During that time period, the Steelers will likely try to get him to sign, but his agent will probably try hold him back while working the phones.

    So if you had to give up your #4 draft pick (as the rules posted on wiki imply) and not the Atlanta pick (as you would rather do), you could pursue him once the draft is over by giving up your 2013 draft pick (provided you don't trade it away during this year's draft). That draft choice will probably fall between 4 and 22, unless you make the playoffs in 2012.

    Is this postive feedback from a Steeler fan, damn whats the world coming to....Great input

    @nw220 said:

    Is this postive feedback from a Steeler fan, damn whats the world coming to....Great input

    Great input, yes. But, I am still confused about the concept that the Browns would have to give up either of their two first round picks if they took Wallace as a FA.

    Perhaps that is the difference between a "restricted" and an unrestricted FA.

  • @browns57 said:

    I agree with the second half of your post, but I really don't understand how people can say Blackmon isn't worth a #4. I take Blackmon over RG3 in a second. RG3 has the athletic ability but I just don't see him as the next Cam Newton like many think. If he isn't than he isn't worth the #4 pick. Blackmon will be the next T.O. type and a HOF if he can stay healthy over his career. He is a about as close as you can get to a lock!

    But I would still like to see Cleveland trade down up to 5 spots, and get this years 1st and 2nd round and next years 2st round from Washington in the opportunity presents itself. That way we get 4 quality starters this year if we pick right.

    How the hell can you put a rookie in the HOF? He hasn't even hit the combine and plenty have flaked out in the pros that excelled in college. If you ask me a WR had to be ridiculously elite to be drafted inside the top 5.

    Homotron said:

    How the hell can you put a rookie in the HOF? He hasn't even hit the combine and plenty have flaked out in the pros that excelled in college. If you ask me a WR had to be ridiculously elite to be drafted inside the top 5.

    And, of course, two words of caution: Braylon Edwards. #3 overall.

  • @nw220 said:

    Is this postive feedback from a Steeler fan, damn whats the world coming to....Great input

    Great input, yes. But, I am still confused about the concept that the Browns would have to give up either of their two first round picks if they took Wallace as a FA.

    Perhaps that is the difference between a "restricted" and an unrestricted FA.

    @the-gipper said:

    Perhaps that is the difference between a "restricted" and an unrestricted FA.[/color]

    yup. RFA can be tendered....UFA cannot. the major change was that the highest tender is no longer a 1st and 3rd, now its just a first. but it has to be "your" first, meaning our pick from atlanta cannot be used to acquire wallace. its would take our 4th overall...

  • I'm not sure the Steelers would have a choice. If they don't match the offer the Browns would give to Wallace, they get the Browns 1st round draft choice.

    However, I don't think the Browns have the option as to which one they give. I think they HAVE to give up their OWN first rounder, so the #4 overall.

  • I'm not sure the Steelers would have a choice. If they don't match the offer the Browns would give to Wallace, they get the Browns 1st round draft choice.

    However, I don't think the Browns have the option as to which one they give. I think they HAVE to give up their OWN first rounder, so the #4 overall.

    @thaak said:

    I'm not sure the Steelers would have a choice. If they don't match the offer the Browns would give to Wallace, they get the Browns 1st round draft choice.

    However, I don't think the Browns have the option as to which one they give. I think they HAVE to give up their OWN first rounder, so the #4 overall.

    I love Mike Wallace but I'd take the 4 overall for him in a heart beat. I sincerely doubt he goes anywhere. He'll get a long term deal but he's definitely not going to get tagged. He's not a 9.4 million a year kind of receiver at this juncture AND he wouldn't fit under the cap. Ben and Harrison are supposedly going to restructure and Omar Khan is a Genius so the Steelers will be fine. As of right now I'm hoping we trade up to draft DeCastro and get Kemo the hell off our roster.

  • I'm really hoping we get Garcon...he is just on all around good player with good roots that I think would fit well here. He runs great after the catch and has pretty good hands. I think we could outbid Indy for him...plus he has a bit of an Ohio connection so he may give us a second look. I don't think any of the other top tier WR would even give us a second look.

  • I'm really hoping we get Garcon...he is just on all around good player with good roots that I think would fit well here. He runs great after the catch and has pretty good hands. I think we could outbid Indy for him...plus he has a bit of an Ohio connection so he may give us a second look. I don't think any of the other top tier WR would even give us a second look.

    @brownfish said:

    I'm really hoping we get Garcon...he is just on all around good player with good roots that I think would fit well here. He runs great after the catch and has pretty good hands. I think we could outbid Indy for him...plus he has a bit of an Ohio connection so he may give us a second look. I don't think any of the other top tier WR would even give us a second look.

    Be careful who you proclaim that you'd like the Browns to get this offseason, as there is a lynch mob around here gunning for anyone that isn't bowing down to RG3... 😡

    But, I would support anybody that would help us make the playoffs and earn us some respect.

  • I think that it is funny that so many would like to take a Steelers reject with our first rounder but wouldn't like to have a Stud runningback... 😳 it just blows my mind...

  • I think that it is funny that so many would like to take a Steelers reject with our first rounder but wouldn't like to have a Stud runningback... 😳 it just blows my mind...

    @poeticg said:

    I think that it is funny that so many would like to take a Steelers reject with our first rounder but wouldn't like to have a Stud runningback... 😳 it just blows my mind...

    The only reason he'd ever be a steeler reject is if we can't afford to keep him.

  • @brownfish said:

    I'm really hoping we get Garcon...he is just on all around good player with good roots that I think would fit well here. He runs great after the catch and has pretty good hands. I think we could outbid Indy for him...plus he has a bit of an Ohio connection so he may give us a second look. I don't think any of the other top tier WR would even give us a second look.

    Be careful who you proclaim that you'd like the Browns to get this offseason, as there is a lynch mob around here gunning for anyone that isn't bowing down to RG3... 😡

    But, I would support anybody that would help us make the playoffs and earn us some respect.

    @poeticg said:

    Be careful who you proclaim that you'd like the Browns to get this offseason, as there is a lynch mob around here gunning for anyone that isn't bowing down to RG3... 😡

    But, I would support anybody that would help us make the playoffs and earn us some respect.

    Really? Coming from the Charter Member of the Trent Richardson Club? Forking hypocrite. Sorry if you're in D-Nile about the facts Jack. At this point not you or anyone else has any idea as to who would help the Browns more. And you're not the guy sending the slip up to Goodell with the message "with the fourth pick in the NFL Draft the Browns select _____." Neither am I for that matter.

  • If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.

    @next-year-perpetually said:

    If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.

    Kendall Wright doesn't really have the potential to be better than Mike Wallace in my opion. He's atleast 3 inches shorter than Mike Wallace. Speed receivers come with limitations as is, doesn't help that he's sub 6 foot.

  • No Browns fan or FO in their right mind would trade a rotten olive to the squeelers for anybody..

    The off-season apparently knows no bounds of reason. Savage IS long gone, you know....

  • yeah...cause discounting a really good player because he's from a rival is why....well....the browns are the browns. good to hear your not willing to upgrade the team if his previous destination doesn't suit you.

  • yeah...cause discounting a really good player because he's from a rival is why....well....the browns are the browns. good to hear your not willing to upgrade the team if his previous destination doesn't suit you.

    @choco said:

    yeah...cause discounting a really good player because he's from a rival is why....well....the browns are the browns. good to hear your not willing to upgrade the team if his previous destination doesn't suit you.

    The problem is the cost for me, too much, no thanks.

  • If you can get Mike Wallace, you get him. I would have no problem giving the #4 for him instead of taking an unknown commodity. The guys on here saying they wouldn't take him because he is a Steeler are just being idiotic.

  • lol I wouldn't give the #4 for him if it means we get RGIII (or trade up for Luck). The only receiver I would give up that for would be a young Randy Moss.

  • RG3

    Little

    Wright/Wallace

    Moss

    Cribbs

    Hillis

    James

    add an O lineman from FA

    add Williams from FA